Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.

That shows great spirit Morell, it may be a long year but I think it will be a team building year that will hold you in good stead for the future
:)

Thanks to everyone at MLFC for the way they conducted themselves yesterday. Would have been easy to treat us like chumps, but they maintained a high level of professionalism all day. 10 goals to 2 at half time and I thought our pressure was good but in the end our fitness and quality waned in the 2nd half and a couple of injuries restricted our bench rotations. Fortunately we still have 5 or 6 good A graders still to come in and our best team on the deck will be competitive. Rosewater next week doesn't get any easier though so we might just save some for after Easter. :lol:

I only saw the second half of the game and was impressed with the way Mitchell Park played out the game, they never gave up and put in a great effort considering who and how many players they could select. Mawson Lakes did treat them with the respect they deserved and even though the score was a blow out it was a enjoyable game to watch.

I hope Mitchell Park can get some more players on the track and continue in Div 6 this season. I have no doubt that if they play the game like they did on Saturday there will be some victories during the year, good luck for the rest of the year.
by tkr
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Norwood v West @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 9/8)

Where have all the Westies numpties gone?

14-2 it is.

I'm here you bogan mullet head and still supporting Westies!

We were thrashed yesterday and no excuses beaten by a much better team!

Westies have struggled before, hopefully we will be back on the winning list so as your mob can add another wooden spoon to the club.
by tkr
Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Well all this discussion about the weekends D6 and D6R results is taking away from arguably the greatest execution of a football plan and strategy..

Mawson Lakes - so good has their radar avoiding prowess been, they've managed to fly so low they made the C4 grand final! No easy feat - and you all laughed at them! 8)

Yet you mention on the C4 forum you don't care at all?

you are still and always will be a proper f*ckhead .

I would definitely say that this would be the most appropriate description that fits PG!
by tkr
Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Lockleys a class above, can comfortably say I think they're a better side than the Smithfield side that I saw the other week - they're fit, they're quick, strong overhead, penetrating kicks and the most important aspect - they're smart.. They maintain their structure and they blitzed Ingle Farm clinically today.
Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! :oops: Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time.... :roll:

Your all playing for second you idiots :oops: , Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F.

I've watched a bit of div6 this year Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated :oops: who ever finished 5th is wasting there time cause your behind them 2 and they're no good.

Round 15

Mawson Lakes 9 - 6 (60)
Ingle Farm 3 - 12 (30)

Anymore drums to beat for Mawson Lakes this season?

Round 15

Oh Oh!

West Croydon 19 - 16 (130)
Trinity OS 6 - 10 (46)
by tkr
Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ Richmond

Brodlach wrote:Not surprised by the result when they had 20 AFL listed players and Callinan

Luck of the draw

I would like to say thanks to my club and the other SANFL clubs who voted to have Adelaide and Port Adelaide in SANFL, they have made our competition a farce/joke whatever you want to call it!
by tkr
Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys a class above, can comfortably say I think they're a better side than the Smithfield side that I saw the other week - they're fit, they're quick, strong overhead, penetrating kicks and the most important aspect - they're smart.. They maintain their structure and they blitzed Ingle Farm clinically today.
Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! :oops: Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time....

Your all playing for second you idiots :oops: , Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F. :shock:

I've watched a bit of div6 this year :oops: Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated who ever finished 5th is wasting there time :oops: cause your behind them 2 and they're no good.

Whoa!!!

Trinity now only 1 game clear of 5th spot!! :shock:

Round 16

Ingle Farm 9-7 (61)
TOS 8-10 (58)

and Mawson Lakes found another drum to beat time on!

Mawson Lakes 12 - 6 (78)
Brahma Lodge 7 - 8 (50)
by tkr
Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Hang in there Bays
by tkr
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time....

Your all playing for second you idiots :oops: , Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F. :shock:

:oops: I've watched a bit of div6 this year :oops: Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated who ever finished 5th is wasting there time :oops: [/b]cause your behind them 2 and they're no good. :oops:

Oh Oh! Trinity Gone!!
by tkr
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Every scorer for the 2015 minor round

Nice work spell_check!
by tkr
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

LPH wrote:
Booney wrote:Hill, Fielke and Hartlett out.

Eagles v Centrals GF then.

The SANFL will be hoping - no chance of 20K+ if West win :(

Who cares what the SANFL are hoping!

If Westies win I'll be happy and will be part of the less than 20K at the GF!
by tkr
Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

West were on fire yesterday, they beat us at our own game and were so much cleaner when getting away from the clearances. We fumbled way too many times and our play makers like T Schiller were way down on form. Some real clangers at pivotal times allowed West to score easily. Even when we were tacking them they manage to get a kick away for a goal. It really was Wests day. My post game post was affected by way too many plastic cups of stale beer. I would love to see Westies get a premiership, their only one in 3 decades and after yesterdays effort with some quality footy, they deserve it.

Once again the Lizbeff choir was in full voice, kept me entertained and chanting away the afternoon. Westies crowd an enthusiastic bunch and why wouldn't they be. Hopefully a fair amount of neutrals make the GF.

Agree with what you have said wild dog, I only hope that we come out and play the same next Sunday!

The Lizbeff choir was in full voice yesterday, I said to my friend at the end of the last quarter that you had to respect them as they stayed until the end!

Go Bloods!
by tkr
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v West Fri 7.20

Second Team wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Final Score
Norwood 18.17.125
West 6.11.47
Comprehensive belting in greasy conditions.

Well done to West considering salary allowance discrepancies. :o

Is that a joke. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pardon the pun, I think he is on the Money!
by tkr
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 West v Port Sunday 1310

I am now WestiesFan! Absolutely stoked that Harry gets to make his debut at 17. He can’t even get drafted this year!! Hope West get the win and Harry has a decent game first up. Go the Bloods!!!

Great debut by Harry Lemmey yesterday, lead well, took some strong marks and kicked 1.1.

I would say he has a bright future, will be at Westies for next year and most likely selected in next years AFL draft.
by tkr
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |