Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Arch44 wrote:Or because its a Div 6 thread

Yeah that too. No harm done.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

I have just returned home from the Centrals v Port Power Reserves Magpies after witnessing an enjoyable 11 goal loss. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the 6 clubs that voted yes as I now see how this is really good for SA and SANFL football.

Full time professional footballers playing against semi professional players in a semi professional league. Who would have thought what a great idea this was? I'm really looking forward to the season proper now.

I can't decide between 2 events for my highlight of the day. It was either Sam Colquhoun playing against us or seeing dual premiership player and member of a great and legendary Centrals family wearing a Port Magpies Polo shirt and cap. :shock:

I also would like to thank the AFL for ruining the game at every level.
by Groucho
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

daysofourlives wrote:Can we just wind this joke of a club up?
They have had all day to sack Hird

Seeing they had a game last night, I don't think sacking someone who isn't even in the country was top of the priority list
by RustyCage
Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

The Sleeping Giant wrote:No. Essendon supporters are very similar to Crow supporters. Everything is "BALL"

yeah sydney supporters yell "hands in the ruck"
by bennymacca
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Lack of forward line cost us as expected. Midfield was a lot poorer in getting the ball out of stoppages and delivering it than I expected. Oh well. Guess the doomsdayers were wrong.

No, the fact that Port people don't care the Magpies lost is proof the doomsayers were spot on.

I'm a port person and I care that we lost, so your post is now void. Nice try at being a troll though.
by kickinit
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Football Budget editors need a kick in the backside
They have listed past results between Norwood and Port Adelaide

Tonight , I , and many many others witnessed the first ever clash between Norwood and Port Adelaide Reserves
There is no history , until the history created between these 2 clubs tonight

Therefore the head to head clashes in the Keith Thomas Cup are :
1 Encounter
1 Norwood
0 Port Adelaide Reserves

And to the boisterous person who abused Port Reserves players with B grade and reserves insults needed to know :
Its not the players faults, its the admin peoples for the creation of the new club
by mal
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to agree somewhat with Dutchy though, I reckon there would be an element of truth in the fact that not being under pressure to perform for one's spot in the team, means that an element of doubt or reluctance to be 100% committed (at times) to a contest, could creep in to a player's mindset, couldn't it?

Let's assume ( as everyone is ) the only thing on a Magpie players mind is getting picked at AFL level, do you think going in half arsed is going to do his cause any good? Of course not.
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.
by morell
Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Crowd Number?

I heard 4.6k.
At least 4k North supporters if not more.

A Crows supporter was walking down Lindner Lane at 1/4 time coming to the game in his Crows guernsey and a North scarf, damn did I give it to him, he tried to dig a hole and bury himself.
So he follows North and the Crows. Why have a go at him? Free country isn't it?

Did 4k North supporters rock up to the 1st game at Prospect last year?
by HeartBeatsTrue
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowd Number?

I heard 4.6k.
At least 4k North supporters if not more.

A Crows supporter was walking down Lindner Lane at 1/4 time coming to the game in his Crows guernsey and a North scarf, damn did I give it to him, he tried to dig a hole and bury himself.
So he follows North and the Crows. Why have a go at him? Free country isn't it?

Did 4k North supporters rock up to the 1st game at Prospect last year?

Mate, there was a couple of times in the past when I was watching Geelong smash the Cows before a Rooster game in the club rooms and the very same **** wits told me to go back to Victoria. It is a free country but as a true supporter of football clubs there's no bigger scum IMHO. Can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

If you barrack for Adelaide you're the biggest traitor in the world to North Adelaide as WE ARE CROW EATERS! Absolute scum, nothing less, nothing more.

The very few Crows morons that rocked up today were genuinely surprised at TRUE football supporters hatred and the noise we make. its not his fault your board voted YES. So the North Adelaide board (plus 5 others) aren't the biggest traitors in the world? Anyway we digress.
Good on North for beating them easily.
by HeartBeatsTrue
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PhilH wrote:Crowd - 4,015

Only 15 North fans rocked up?
by Jim05
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

C1 is where they should be and they will still struggle there but thats what they deserve they shouldnt be gifted wins but put in the highest worst division which is C1
by Robb_Stark
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Nichdanmatt wrote:I played for clg 15 years ago, get over it.you have not even got a grassroots team.

so PM me your name and i can send you out a membership pack for 2014 ok? that will help you stay in touch with the club you love!
by zedman
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.

That shows great spirit Morell, it may be a long year but I think it will be a team building year that will hold you in good stead for the future
:)

Thanks to everyone at MLFC for the way they conducted themselves yesterday. Would have been easy to treat us like chumps, but they maintained a high level of professionalism all day. 10 goals to 2 at half time and I thought our pressure was good but in the end our fitness and quality waned in the 2nd half and a couple of injuries restricted our bench rotations. Fortunately we still have 5 or 6 good A graders still to come in and our best team on the deck will be competitive. Rosewater next week doesn't get any easier though so we might just save some for after Easter. :lol:
by Yank Man
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

got to see the second half of the mawsons v parkies game on saturday
first game i have watched for a couple of years and must admit loved being at local footy again to see the passion,commitment and love of the game that local footy brings
wont comment on the actual game but would like to say that both clubs,players,supporters and officials did them self proud and more importantly showed great respect and humility to each other
mawsons showed a professionialsm and cappacity to play the game,but more importantly to all concerned,they new the game was won the moment they turned up but in no way did they show arrogance or lack of respect for there very over welmed opposition
parkies showed that you never give up and fight for every bit of pride and respect you can recieve and in that they passed in spades
well done to scooter on his first A Grade coaching job and even though its going to be a long year you showed great poise and control and if you are not already you soon will be one of the best coaches in the division,whether the results come or not
by dee man
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

I think this discussion can be summarised as follows:

Those people in Adelaide who viewed the Crows as a South Australian state team (in 1991) would have followed the Crows over any previous allegiance to a VFL club. If these people moved to Geelong they would probably still follow the Crows as they would still identify themselves as South Australian and be loyal to their "team for all South Australians".

Those people in Adelaide who viewed the Crows as just another AFL franchise who happened to be based in Adelaide probably stayed loyal to their VFL teams.
by Ecky
Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

stampy wrote:free kicks 28/27 souths way, tackles 31/48 glenelg, inside 50s 47/44, total disposals 343/224, yes they had a heap more but it might have something to do with their lousy flooding tactics

They flooded and still kicked 17.14??
Hate to see the score if South actually attacked then :?
by Red Rocket
Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Geezus, I naturally assumed they'd show North v Nor wood on Anzac Day?

And clash with the Collingwood v Essendon game? The only way would be to play earlier in the day like the Dogs and 'Legs did on the weekend and the Anzac Day march would prevent that happening.

Perhaps the Norwood v North game should have been a twilight fixture and followed the Collingwood v Essendon match if the SANFL wanted more C7 exposure?
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:D Spear me with an arrow if you like, but I think the top 4 teams are well ahead of the rest after 4 rounds.

Usually the case after four matches have been played.

I also heard from a few of the blokes at fitzroy that when they play at Mitchell park they are keen for a few frothies at the Mitchell park footy club. A couple of their better a grade players live on the same street as the Mitchell park oval.

Hey Yank Man is June 30th still the cut off for clearances ;)

Sure is. Might be free frothies for those lads. :D
by Yank Man
Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Football Greatest Team

For fear of being lynched, IMHO Wanganeen should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the others in the team. Was a very good player but not in the same league as the real champions.

These exercises always provide mild entertainment but are always the stuff of pure discretion by the writer.
by dedja
Fri May 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

RustyCage wrote:Hardly a surprise with the team we have today.

Best troll of all time.

Play on.
by topsywaldron
Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

A quadruple header would be stupid. Going to two games is OK, three is a stretch, but no-one would ever watch four games in the one day, so why would they all be scheduled on the one day? Have two on Saturday, two on Sunday, all at Adelaide Oval, and send the interlopers off to play in Addis Ababa or some bloody place.
by RB
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Norwood v West @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 9/8)

fester69 wrote:Training run, 60+ points.

I don't know if we will win by that much. West by 3 goals. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA COMMUNITY FOOTBALL BOARD ELECTED

And what does this board do, let alone , achieve?
by DOC
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Norwood v West @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 9/8)

Don't be so smug.

Every team has it's good time and bad times

"Disappointed we didn't win by 100 points" just makes you sound like you're up your own arse. Take the win and be gracious.
by johntheclaret
Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17- West v South

Phew......we won, ugly ugly game. What is happening to our game with umpires who preside over a league game of body contact Australian Rules as if it were Netball, more totally unnecessary 50 metre penalties than in the AFL, no bumping, no spoiling and if a tackle is deemed too rough a free kick followed by a 25 metre penalty. Sad day for our once great sport.

Impressed with the respect shown by both South players and supporters for retiring loyal Westies player Shane Birss, what sport is all about.
by darley16
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well all this discussion about the weekends D6 and D6R results is taking away from arguably the greatest execution of a football plan and strategy..

Mawson Lakes - so good has their radar avoiding prowess been, they've managed to fly so low they made the C4 grand final! No easy feat - and you all laughed at them! 8)

Yet you mention on the C4 forum you don't care at all?

you are still and always will be a proper f*ckhead.
by The Real Number 3
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the milky bar kid wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:div 6 forum offering plenty :lol:

Didn't realize it was still going ;) :lol:

#nofarmersnoforum 8) ;)

Is there a straight sets forum??? :lol:

#thatsforhashtagging
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well all this discussion about the weekends D6 and D6R results is taking away from arguably the greatest execution of a football plan and strategy..

Mawson Lakes - so good has their radar avoiding prowess been, they've managed to fly so low they made the C4 grand final! No easy feat - and you all laughed at them! 8)

Yet you mention on the C4 forum you don't care at all?

you are still and always will be a proper f*ckhead.

****** up with my moving insurance over the weekend so ill be up for a bit of coin. Thought nothing would cheer me up today but this bought a little laughter to my day. Cheers #3
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Mawson Lakes Premiers U beauty!!!

Yep, it was a dominating win by the Mawson B grade side
You're better than that Ian. Didn't see you complaining at start of the year with Naley & Co (who are about 15 years younger than the avg. Age of Lakes C4) playing this grade, didn't those same guys just win a Div 6R flag? What's that saying about glasshouses?
by The Riddler
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

old farmer wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Mawson Lakes Premiers U beauty!!!

Words never heard before

Lol you still upset?
by The Informer
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Carey.. what are you on about? That would be the dumbest and less accurate statement I have read on this blog all year. With our own juniors oversubscribed because people want their kids to play at Unley, tell me how we can go on the "raping" spree as you suggest. And I can guarantee all we talk about is how to make our club a better one - unlike some.

As for the game - we packaged up a premiership, tied a ribbon on it and handed it to The Hawks. If they had a sniff going into the last quarter they were always going to be hard to beat and after a third quarter of dominance by The Jets not enough to get them in front the Hawks found enough to hang on. A 2 goal 6 point last quarter summed up the match.

We're all pretty dissapointed but the party last night was in full swing - half of these lads have been playing together since they were juniors or gone to school with each other. They may not have the silverware this year but they are winners on so many other more important levels.

Our dissapointment is nothing compared to the troubles some people are facing in less fortunate parts of the world.
by BigB
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well we ballsed that up, wasnt good enough when it mattered most. But overall a fantastic year from our boys. Very proud Jet.

Congrats to modbury, very consistent side all year and made most of their chances when it counted.

Must be tough to see a club on the up and busting its arse to improve when you run the most heinous outfit in the saafl.
by Jetters
Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey, how would you respond to being the most heinous club in the saafl, or is it uncontestable??

We were beaten by a better side on the day and we feel shit about it.

But you behave like ferrals that no one wants to play against because they fear cowardly violence or umpire because they fear abuse and grotesque bullshit. . <edited: Uncalled for>

bad kicking for goal cost you when it counted.

At least you can say that the club is now a Div 2 club compared to some others which are still stuck in div 6.

The way the juniors are coming through the club is helping to make them good senior players, I reckon there would have been a good handful of players that played in the GF that would have been in the under 16s team I coached in 2010.
by Bluedemon
Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

NH player who got 7 games got a good result for him I'd say....mate of mine got 8 games and there was no video, no report from any umpire, but got 8 games on a supporters statement who said he saw the alleged hit!! Personally I think a king hit and spitting on a player is deservant of similar games...whilst a hit can be deadly and thatnk god it's unlikely a lot of the time....to spit on someone is the lowest form of human filth. Just my 2 cents
by superboot7
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

How did Eagleton go by the way ... O:)
by dedja
Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

there really was only 1 who played c grade all year that was A grade quality and that was Clegg. O'Gorman played c's as it was his first attempts at playing after serious knee surgery. Reid is a near on 50yo who, once injured, decided to play the last qtr of the yr with his fellow 50yo mates because they all prob will retire. And nisbet played C's because McCammon was the A grade ruckman and Santos was the B grade ruckman.

Clegg wanted to play with his best mate Nisbet. We'd much rather them play together in the C's rather than leaving altogether.

any other stupid questions?

What a load of bullshit. The whole world knows your side was STACKED in the last 6 weeks or so....

Mate you are quite welcome to look at the team sheets for the last six weeks and tell me who these STACKED players were. I know straight sets burns deep for you.
by The Informer
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

I think if your club has been strong in the previous year and has the opportunity to go up you should take it. It only takes a bad run of injuries and you could be fighting off relegation in that lower div
How about those that rightfully get the opportunity take it as well? Paying players and glory hunting is not good club culture and if it forces your club to fold then take it because your board of directors chose this path.

Choosing to not go up by a grand final side, shouldn't be an option... You were good enough to make to a GF, so you MUST go up and if something bad happens in the off season, well bad luck...
by woodublieve12
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

How ironic that BOTH Bickley & Rowe were talking about 'Integrity' & 'Compromise' tonight?
Bickley: "What about the integrity of the competition if the Crows miss the finals on percentage because Carlton or Collingwood played Essendon in the first 6 weeks of the year & won be 25 goals?"
Rowe: "Taking top up players out of another competition is unfair"

WTF?
We were raising these very issues 12 months ago, but the responses were along the lines of; "evolve", "good for the competition", "everybody wins", "great deal", etc. ad nausium ... Pfft :roll:
by LPH
Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol

The legs need to bring Ramrod on, I'm sure he would win it for the legs.
by ferret
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: North v Port - Saturday @ Prospect

RustyCage wrote:Kane Mitchell dropped by the Power League side, so will be in for the Power Reserves.
by CENTURION
Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood FC statement

topsywaldron wrote:I gave Warrior pelters all day for being an overweight Port cheat from the Western Stand and am happy to do it all again tomorrow.

Pretty poor way to treat anyone. Let alone a past player of your club. Setting a good example there topsy. Each to their own I suppose.

*IMHO
by another grub
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

David Shipway is stretching a long bow to say that a country community spent $40,000 on a player instead of the local hospital.What a load of crap!!
Raising funds for your local hospital has absolutely nothing to do with how the local footy club raise their money.It's statements like this that add fuel to the fire of the conspiracy theorists.In 2 years time when a heap of country clubs fold due to the salary cap he will tell us that the damage had already been down before the cap was implemented .I have met David Shipway & he is a genuinely nice guy but understand where his allegiance lies before you read too much into his comments
by CouchExpert
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys a class above, can comfortably say I think they're a better side than the Smithfield side that I saw the other week - they're fit, they're quick, strong overhead, penetrating kicks and the most important aspect - they're smart.. They maintain their structure and they blitzed Ingle Farm clinically today.
Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time.... :roll:

Your all playing for second you idiots, Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F.

I've watched a bit of div6 this year Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated who ever finished 5th is wasting there time cause your behind them 2 and they're no good.

Round 15

Mawson Lakes 9 - 6 (60)
Ingle Farm 3 - 12 (30)

Anymore drums to beat for Mawson Lakes this season?
by silent hour
Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge v Mawson Lakes - Mawson Lakes fresh from beating their drums against Ingle Farm will be brimming with confidence heading into this clash at Brahma Oval, and a match that holds no fears for the Mossie. Last time they clashed it was Mawson Lakes surprise victors by 13 points with Matty Ralph and Duncan Brown providing headaches up forward. Pride only on the line in this clash with neither being a genuine finals contender, but with Mawson Lakes playing the more consistent football of late and no Aloisi named for the Tigers I suspect the Mossies will get over the line in this clash by 1-10pts.

In the B grade the lads from Mawson Lakes were competitive against an undermanned Ingle Farm, they turned up ready to play and came within a whisker of escaping with a heroic victory. Reflecting on the game, they controlled most the key periods and statistics but were unable to capitalise. However the juggernaut out Brahma Lodge is flying and a top 2 spot beckons if they can tick the boxes they must. With Luke Nelson providing another avenue to goal, it creates greater headaches for opposition coaches who previously only needed to concern themselves with Mat Lehman and Brian Rudgley. Brahma play a simple, effective and smart style of football, and they wont be underestimating the Lakes in this clash - margin will exceed 15 goals.

Central United v Fitzroy - Like Mawson Lakes in the same corresponding round earlier in the year, Central United were able to defy all odds and record a famous victory away from home, beating Fitzroy by 26 points. Aaron Frith wound back the clock to his Paralowie days with a strong 5 goal performance on that occasion. This time around, Fitzroy arguably travelling better than they were, and Central United limping towards the end of the season, many would have the Lions pencilled in for a win - not me.. I think at Mofflin Reserve, the Units are a completely different side. They aren't fearful of the physical stuff and with Frith, Fenwick, Petersen, Bain, Clausen they have more than enough avenues to goal. Club legend Nathan Fenwick will be buoyed by the arrival of his first son, and when the big fella is up and about he drags his team along with him. They'll lift a knotch, the rain could prove pivotal in this match. For me I'm tipping an upset, Central United by under 18 points.

In the B grade, a draw last time they met, I don't feel Central United will be that fortunate this time around. They would need heavy rain to tip scales back towards their favour. Although haven't been able to record the results they would like, Fitzroy have displayed periods of quality football and competitiveness over the season, Matt Mancheff and Alex McAskill have proven to be a handful for opposition sides. The Lions to get the job done here to the tune of 5 goals.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS - Literally the last roll of the dice this week for the Farmers. Past players day, 2x premiership reunions, playing home.. season on the line.. stakes couldn't be higher for the Bulldogs and the occasion is set for the opportunity for a memorable victory. In Round 7 it was Alex Cotter popping up with a powerful last 10min of the game to slot his 3 of his 4 goals are help TOS record a surprise come from behind victory. The smaller ground was played better on the day by the TOSSERs, and I left wondering how they would handle the vast expanses of Rowe Park. It's a long way back from last weeks lose to West Croydon and Ingle Farm would also be lamenting their disappointing effort against Mawson Lakes. This will be a crucial clash, cant see this being high scoring it'll be a dour hard fought slog. Questions still surround TOS and their ability to win games without the influence of Cotter, no doubt they'll be hell bent on proving the doubters wrong but I just get the feeling this game is the time the Farmers will rise to the occasion.. Ingle Farm by 7 points.

In the B grade it's a massive clash, Trinity hard fought winners last week v West Croydon continue to do enough and have secured that top 3 spot, with a top 2 - and possibly top spot not yet out of the question. Ingle Farm on the flip side have a tough run home and their form this season has been indifferent - when they win they do it tough, and when they lose they get blown away. This has seen their percentage take a battering and put them in a precarious position heading towards finals. Equation for Ingle Farm is simple - beat Trinity this week and all but secure that last finals spot, lose and its off to Hanson Rd to face bogey side West Croydon next week... this is Grand Final week for the Farmers B Grade and they'll be coming to play, set the tone for the A grade and lock away a finals spot. Ingle Farm by 3 points.

West Croydon v Smithfield - BOOM! What a ripper! Match of the round by a long way, two sides that love to score, two sides that play a fast paced, attacking style of football. Sides littered with talent - Ashby, Garner, Lane vs Wiles, Sumner, Cooper will provided a thrilling contest throughout the day. How each sides plans their match ups will prove pivotal to the result as well - I expect Jamie Curtis to get first crack at Matthews whilst Mark Prider looks a good matchup for McKinnon - although I would be inclined to send Abdulla back on him. Smithfield's firepower up forward, especially with the return of Matthews and Jamie Lane is clearly their greatest strength, the pressure will be on West Croydon to find a way to win the midfield battle. For the footy fans I hope the day remains dry and clear and we can witness these two sides go toe to toe all day in a shoot out. West Croydon are up and about, momentum building and they know what needs to be done, confidence will be sky high I'm thinking an upset is on the cards here - West Croydon by less than 10pts.

In the B Grade this will be a very interesting clash. Last time they met Smithfield destroyed a much weaker West Croydon, but this time around they're a different unit and they play Fawk Reserve with greater confidence so wont be without hope. The Hawks came within a whisker of knocking of TOS last weekend away from home so will have great belief they can get the job done in this clash and keep their season alive. They'll have their work cut out for them though with the likes of Joel Caylun, Justin Waters, Nathan Coulson, Kane Stocks and Ty Swepstone leading the charge. Unlike the A Grade, the weather will play an important part in this game and West Croydon will want the rain, which could potentially expose the bigger sized Smithfield side that's is carrying it's share of talls. I think this will prove to be quite an interesting game - an upset is not out of the question, but I suspect that Smithfield have enough quality across the midfield and up forward to counter the West Croydon attack. Smithfield by 5 goals.
by The Bedge
Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17: Centrals v Sturt Saturday 8 August @ Elizabeth

That's right knowledge. He showed good form early, right when Sturt were playing well, and I think was named on an extended interchange once or twice, then had an injury just when he became impossible to overlook. It's perhaps his experience that can lend a bit of consistency to our game. It's been a funny old season for us. Looked up to have had improved then lost 6 in a row. Mind you a few of them were gallant losses but I reckon we should have been better given how strong we were in stages last year.
Bring on the dogs and let's go in all guns blazing. Hope the Duldig factor spurs us on.

Kicked 11 in a game earlier this year and hasn't played in the 1s and is a proven goal kicker and honest contributor. Any wonder the Blues are going to finish 9th :roll:

Kicked 5.2 out of 10.3 to make his non selection throughout the season look very average if not farcical.

Well done Big Dulds
I think farcical might be a bit strong there wristy.
From memory he may have had an injury in the pre-season, so he played reserves to force his way back into the league side.
In round one he failed to kick a goal, then he was injured while kicking 1 goal in round 2, and didn't play again until round 6, by which stage the league side had won 3 lost 2.
In his return bout he got 3 goals. His famous 11 goals against Central in round 7, spearheaded a Sturt side which absolutely pummeled the opposition 22:14-146 to 6:3-39. That's a margin of 16 goals 11 points. The league side also won the same day against much tougher opposition than the ressies faced, and got over the line by 14 points. The league side was 4/3 at that stage and had dropped games to Norwood, South and an injury free Power reserves side, so they were traveling pretty well. Duldig on the other hand had taken a big bag of goals against a team that was simply swatted aside by a superior force, and apart from that had kicked 4 goals in 3 games and been injured for 3 weeks as well as an injury interrupted pre-season.
Was it farcical that he wasn't picked in the league side the following week? I'd say debatable is a better word.
The following week he didn't kick a goal in the ressies against the Eagles, and didn't play again until round 11, so had picked up another injury.
During his absence the league side got thumped after throwing everything at the Ravens who featured Crouch, Podsiadly and one other regular AFL bloke who I can't remember. Perhaps if Digger had been on the field that day it could have been a different story, but not if he was injured. By the time Duldig returned from injury, the league side was already 3 losses into its 6 game losing streak.
Since coming back from injury in round 11 he has kicked 2, 2, 1, 2 and 0 goals. A total of 7 goals in 5 games, and by my records has 22 goals from 10 games for the season in the reserves and been injured on three different occasions.
I would say that the coaching staff had concerns about his movement and risk of recurring injury. His one stand out game also coincided with a period where the league side was playing great footy. Obviously a fully fit Duldig would have been in the side from the beginning, and his 5 goals is a big homecoming and we love him at Unley. Had he been fully fit we may have won a few more, but every side has injuries.
You really need to get out more TRB ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

still in shock at the wcfc v iffc scoreline..what the hell happened?

thanks to dave and his boys for a great hit out on saturday..lakers match up well against us and they worked hard for 4 quarters and showed great fight and heart..i think they will be a a strong team next year if they can add to what they have got..definite improvers in the second half of the season..also the deck was in pristine condition..well done..
by zedman
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

And great goal Milera! Glenelg go bang bang awesome stuff
by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Watched the live SANFL stream.
Feel for you Bay fans. Great effort that can not be questioned.

Seriously though, WTF is Eugene Warrior doing ??? Surely this is blatant cheating. Watched it and he was definitely coaching out there. Even saw him pick up one of the Power ressie players off the ground (in the last 1/4) !!

Disgraceful !!!
by southee
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |