Search found more than 1391 matches

Return

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

no joke, bruce honestly gets hard every time cyril touches the ball. "dont worry dennis i had a big one coming if he kicked that"
by bennymacca
Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

Not asking to stir...

I've only seen highlights, but were the crows terrible or the swans really good???

swans just looked so much cleaner.

crows would fight and scrap for a goal, then from the centre bounce swans would take it out of there and parker would snap a goal from 55. forward line just clearly isnt working for the crows, just not efficient.

crows probably looked the better team for much of the game, but just couldnt get it on the scoreboard. but then in the last quarter the wheels fell off and swans just smashed them.
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

Firstly because we don't want to encourage queue jumping.

if you had read anything in this thread, you would know that there is no such "queue" you are talking about.

They can stay in Indonesia and apply to come to Australia like everyone else in the world who wants to come here.

also not an option, given indonesia is not a signatory to the UN refugee convention, they have no obligation to any asylum seekers, and will not help any of them. they are not allowed to work or have access to any sort of services including healthcare.
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

eztv.it

learn to use torrents, much better way of doing it. much less likely to get any sort of spyware etc.
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

Grahaml wrote:and unless you're a died in the wool Labor barracker you'd understand that.

well you obviously havent read anything i have written in this thread, because i am equally pissed off with labor's policy on this issue, and they are as bad as one another.
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

really good article about the failings of labor in recent times, particularly with their failure to differentiate themselves on key issues, especially on those issues where left and right are usually ideologically separate, asylum seeker policy for one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-10/green-labor-plays-the-losing-game-of-imitation/5379688
by bennymacca
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

The competition is a farce, as many predicted.

Last week showed that comment is crap.

Why is that? its reality to many people, crowds and interest in the comp is down from last year.

Highest rating sanfl game for 15 years or something in R1

Love how people can simultaneously argue that the comp is a farce both because the reserves sides are too bad AND too good.

Any thought to the notion that glenelg are just rubbish?
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

my god you guys are idiots sometimes. surely the reserves debate cant permeate every single thread on this forum can it?

was at home watching it on TV, but i certainly enjoyed the game. centrals just seemed to be able to link up a lot better, their ball movement and pressure was first class.

from a couch potato's point of view, it was great to have a triple header of footy on channel 7. they made the right decision in terms of broadcasts to start the game earlier so it did not clash with the power game, but messing with the timeslots too much might not be a good thing, especially for crowds, as others have mentioned.

was great to see SANFL get prominence on Ch7 though.
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILERS)

I thought I would start a new thread about game of thrones that allowed us to talk about the TV show without spoiling it for people in the general TV thread.

Just to be clear THERE WILL BE TV SHOW SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD.

also to be equally clear.

IF YOU HAVE READ THE BOOKS, GOOD FOR YOU. YOU ARE SMARTER THAN ME. BUT IF YOU SPOIL THE SHOW FOR ME, I WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY.

Im not even joking. I will behead your father, stab your pregnant wife at your wedding, I might even poison you with a huge weird looking pie.

Ok, now that we have got that out of the way, discuss...
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Mr O'Farrell had demonstrated "integrity" by resigning over what he said was an innocent and inadvertent misleading of ICAC.
"We are seeing an act of integrity, an act of honour, the like of which we have rarely seen in Australian politics," he said.
"I admire him tremendously for this, although I deeply regret the necessity for it."
"Obviously, as we now know, he innocently, inadvertently misled ICAC yesterday and he has taken the utterly honourable step of resigning as Premier."

:shock:
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

I never said I stopped barracking for centrals. Just that it was weird playing players that I know better than some of the centrals players.

And I started following centrals in about 1990. Not that I need to justify anything to you
by bennymacca
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

That was what happened to centrals yesterday :0
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

still not sure how 3 wins, 3 losses by the reserves teams is a "lopsided competition appearing to come to fruition"

surely it is too early to tell?

150 point losses really suck, but I am prepared to accept that glenelg are just a basket case at the moment. I might change my opinion if it becomes a regular thing, but I think people are just overreacting once again.
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poker

Well that was fun! Shipped it for $3015
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

It's cool to have another thread on this. I enjoy the 2847473727 other ones.

Sorry johnny but you won't find many trying to be objective around here and you will get shouted down if you try.

Also this forum is SAFooty not SANFL footy as some tools like to think.
by bennymacca
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like we need a new thread, life of psyber?
by bennymacca
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Haven't had many NZ craft stuff but monteiths is awesome, both their beer and cider. Their apple cider is in my fridge atm. Mostly for the mrs but is much less sweet than some of the other ones, I like it
by bennymacca
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Pag wrote:the extra player was on the groin for about 10 seconds.

Sounds painful
by bennymacca
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Hinkley has certainly turned things around - their playing group isn't that much different to a couple of years ago.

I think it was dwayne Russell commentating when he said he was almost seeing but not believing that he is watching port smash geelong in front of 47k fans at a new awesome stadium when you compare it to say 2 years ago when they couldn't get 30k to footy park.
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port played well and got their first real scalp of the season who were coming off a Monday game.

Not sure Port have been really tested as yet and had a pretty soft early draw, had an excellent run with injuries also.
Not sure the turn around would've had a large influence, Port also had to travel to WA which is a big trip, so I call it even stevens.

have also played 3 of the top 7 teams, for 2 wins. not sure you really count that as a soft draw. they have played carlton and brisbane too, but I think you have to give credit where its due
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

gonna have to take a big scalp like hawthorn to make top 4 from here, but certainly will make finals and no team will want to be playing them first week
well we are only 1 game out of the 4 :D :lol:

people say it every year, but this really is shaping up as one of the most even seasons in years, especially now that GC are up and about. And it seems that the other standouts from the last few years (geelong, sydney, freo) have come back to the pack a bit. probably means getting that top 4 spot is more important than ever
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY ROUND 6 - live scores, results & chit chat.

the new tactic for players is to fake injuries after a bump - and im not talking about the d grade Kane Cornes style

even Dangerfield said there was nothing in it and its part of the game

you obviously werent watching the game. dangerfield did not fake that. he was really hurting afterwards, but he is probably the toughest player ever to pull on a crows guernsey, including roo.

Yeah no question he was hurt, but that's footy. If Gia had made contact with the head then no worries, throw a holiday at him, but it's just a stock standard bump.

dont get me wrong, i agree. they should either ban the bump entirely, or relax the rules to allow accidental head contact. Asking these players to walk a tightrope where they can bump as long as they dont hurt the bloke or whatever is just ridiculous.

It seems like they are trying to police the bump out of the game, but dont have the balls to outright ban it, or, do the more sensible option and allow bumps including the occasional accidental head contact, but outlaw the outright shirtfronts etc.
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

All you Port and Crows boys and girls, instead of whinging and whining, how about just don't read the thread. You know it's about. I have no interest in the AFL. Do you see me in that forum making flaming posts?

You whine on about how every thread is hijacked by the anti afl mob but most of the crap that starts drags a topic down is posted by one of your lot.

this is pretty hilarious really.
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY ROUND 6 - live scores, results & chit chat.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:and georgiou who punches a bloke in the head only gets a reprimand

In fairness, he deserved it :lol:

Intentional 3 points, body contact 1 point, low impact 1 point, dickhead factor -5 points, no case to answer :)
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hate seeing young lads with injuries like that.

not port related, but really hope morabito gets his chance this week and smashes it
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

The shadows on the field you idiot :)
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst Grounds you have watched footy at

Failed Creation wrote:Footy Park-

No piss at your seat :roll: stuck in the 70's

you must have been one of those port supporters that deserted them in the last few years, because for about the last 2-3 years of footy park you could get beer at your seat. ;)
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

F: , Callinan, Johnston, Porp
HF: Knights, Walker, Anyone else in the history of SANFL or even Amateur League

Emg: McKernan
by bennymacca
Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So bully once again all you can resort to is "well they did it first"

Abbot, time and time again, and again, and again, and again pilloried Gillard for her introduction of a carbon tax, and now it's all good for him to do the same just because they did it?

Pretty childish really.
by bennymacca
Fri May 02, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chuck Wepner wrote:why not Bronwyn Bishop?

Why not Corey bernadi

Would love that :)
by bennymacca
Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

Barrett is trying to argue that we all want the shirtfront back. I don't think anyone wants that. But turning to protect yourself is completely different. He is deliberately conflating the two different forms if contact.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-07/vin ... ion-simple
by bennymacca
Wed May 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 25-40-FIFTY-60-70-80-90-100 Speed Zones

It is pretty clear that it is now 50 unless otherwise signposted.

But I do agree that it is confusing at times, particularly on side streets. Where it could change from 60, to 50 and then back to 60 in a short time
by bennymacca
Thu May 08, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SA Football Greatest Team

Rucci, i guess in the same vein as the Herald Sun team, has compiled his greatest SA football team.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/michelangelo-rucci-unveils-south-australias-greatest-football-team/story-fnia3nqh-1226910570462

Pretty good team, though it astounds me that Andrew McLeod doesnt get into the team. Maybe its my bias, but I honestly think he is a better footballer than Gavin Wanganeen. I think that McLeod missed out on a brownlow, getting close a number of times, kind of tarnishes his record a bit.

Also, some of the older members might be able to correct me, but i thought Rick Davies was a ruck-forward?

He also just seems to have picked out a few from the early 1900s that won a few macgareys and decided they should get into the team.
by bennymacca
Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Football Greatest Team

It's definitely easier to compare players that played each other
by bennymacca
Sat May 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I would have thought there would be much, much more than 100k SANFL fans in SA.

The problem comes in the level of support. There wouldnt be too many that financially follow both an SANFL and AFL club, as you guys would know.

As you guys also correctly point out, that proportion is skewing more heavily toward the AFL clubs
by bennymacca
Mon May 12, 2014 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$14 is quite a lot to go to the SANFL. especially now that you can take a family of 4 to stand on the hill at adelaide oval for $50 (for the Crows Gold Coast game at least)

$10 seems to be about the price point imo.
by bennymacca
Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 25-40-FIFTY-60-70-80-90-100 Speed Zones

The best argument for the fact that speed cameras are revenue raising is comparing the fines in SA vs WA, one state being relatively poor, the other obviously a lot better off.

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 11.39.00 am.png
by bennymacca
Mon May 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

I was just wondering, If the Power or Crows were found guilty of cheating the salary cap at AFL level would that flow down and the clubs be penalized at SANFL level and how could the SANFL punish them?
Take points away- No they wouldnt care
Recruiting bans- no, it wouldnt be a penalty
Or if they were to be found guilty of paying more than $400/game to top up players what would that penalty be?
The way I see it they can pretty much do as they like

fines pretty obviously

but your argument doesnt make sense, because why would they not care about getting points taken away, but then pay their players extra?
by bennymacca
Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What has that got to so with anything in this thread?

And massive overgeneralisations to justify your own negativity aren't really helpful

Fwiw it's not a bad thing to be negative if combined with rationality.
by bennymacca
Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I made one deliberate generalisation to make a point about the extreme view.

You obviously haven't read any of my posts on here, as a self confessed "pro-afl" fan I have been one of the only ones willing to debate the issues. But picking holes in an argument is apparently hypocrisy.

And I still don't subscribe to the notion that it has ruined the comp... Yet... Too early to tell. Has been my argument all along. Those that think their fears have been realised and the sanfl is dead, after 2 months of footy, are jumping to conclusions.

Of course the sanfl has changed. For the better? First indications are probably not. Is it dead? Of course not.
by bennymacca
Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I have had that a few times when accessing certain threads. Maybe have to talk to dissident
by bennymacca
Tue May 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the thing is though, all of these measures are kind of sensible if you ask me. Raising excise and income tax is the perogative of the government, and I dont think it is outrageous that they do that.

BUT

They won the election on the back of a NO TAX policy, the core of their whole time in opposition was stop the boats, and axe the tax. So for the to now turn around and try and increase taxes is just the height of hypocrisy.
by bennymacca
Fri May 09, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty excited for the first full night game at Adelaide oval though.
by bennymacca
Wed May 14, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Its hard naming a kid. We have always been pretty solid on a girls name but we struggled for a boys name. With our first we never committed to a name until we were driving to the hospital.
Now that we are expecting a 2nd kid, we still have the same girls name but are struggling even worse for a boys name. Probably do the same thing and finalise our 2 choices on our drive to the hospital again. :lol:

My sister's name came from the last name of one of the doctors that mum used. Although I told her that it came from a brand of vacuum cleaners......

Your sisters name is Hoover?

That would have gone down well in school

:D
by bennymacca
Wed May 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

What dickheads
by bennymacca
Thu May 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Betts much better in second half.

Pressure was awesome all day
by bennymacca
Thu May 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know how we do it, but politicians should be more held to account for telling blatant lies.

we vote them out!!!

simple

but then we vote in the Opposition who have previously lied to us

I say we vote Clive Palmer cos he hasn't lied to us as Prime Minister

Yep. When there are only 2 options Its like asking whether you like your shit sandwich with Tomato or BBQ sauce.

I would more thinking some sort of contempt of parliament. Or just a change in discourse in general where it gets back to being about long term ideas and less about grubby politicking.
by bennymacca
Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

No matter what people say about it compared to the longer forms of the game you can't deny the appeal. Seems like the decision to add the extra teams has also been a spectacular success too, particularly in Melbourne.
by bennymacca
Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |