Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Hope he has a 1000 run season
by bennymacca
Fri May 16, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

With regards to the afl clubs being tenants only, it's more complicated than a standard tenancy agreement as others might suggest because there are no other tenants you could replace them with.

So of course the afl clubs have more bargaining power in that regard.

And they should too. They are the biggest money spinners for sa footy, like it or not
by bennymacca
Mon May 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fact the AFL needs the SANFL far more than they need a team like the crows or the power as they are all but franchises that can be replaced. A little bit of short term pain but definetly replaceable .
Very good point.
The success of the Crows proves that a side can be created from nothing with no supporters, to a state phenomenon with a membership of 50,000 plus. Had those 50,000 turn coats simply refused to follow the AFL and stayed with their SANFL side, as we did, we wouldn't be in this mess. They preferred to follow a side made from nothing over teams they'd followed their whole lives.

I have never been able to get my head around that!

So much lol.

First things first, people under about 30 have never known anything different to the crows being in the AFL.

Secondly not all people followed the vfl as well as the sanfl. Or they may not have followed or closely.

Wouldn't it follow then that if there was a brand new south Aussie team that they could get behind, in a comp that is better than the sanfl, that they would do that, as well as they continue to follow their sanfl team in a LOWER comp?

Your statement is so ridiculous that it hardly deserved comment but I had to...

And well done timmy for bringing some sense back to this conversation.
by bennymacca
Tue May 20, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Got no problem with some of you having issues from last year. Some pretty valid points raised.

Just think the assertion that being a crows supporter (or a power supporter for that matter) is somehow not a true football supporter is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard in my life.
by bennymacca
Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Well done to the bombers.

Honestly it's ridiculous that in this day and age people are still racist. Goodes at least has the guts and public profile to do something about it. A lot of others don't.
by bennymacca
Tue May 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

Well we paid our first and second rounders for two years and a million dollar fine and had our CEO suspended just so our club could stay Jesse white free

:)
by bennymacca
Tue May 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Chicks that wear all revealing, low cut tops with their fun bags falling out all over the place - that shoot you a dirty look when they catch you having a perv. Cover'em up if ya don't want me looking!

On the flip side, there are two or three young secretaries I see almost daily who are obviously more than happy to flaunt their assets and have no issue with men AND women copping an eyeful. To these ladies, I thank & applaud you.

pics or GTFO
by bennymacca
Fri May 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time for a ball re-design?

Something being wrong with the ball is different from saying there can't be improvements. There can always be improvements. Always.

Would actually love to see a ball from the 70s up against a modern one. Reckon it would be massively different. Just small incremental changes and improvements.

I'm sure sherrin would definitely be trying to improve it, it makes business sense too.
by bennymacca
Fri May 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

The footy is still there. The fact that you don't go is no fault but your own. Don't try to pass the blame for not going.

If you don't want to I that's a different matter but don't pretend it has disappeared
by bennymacca
Sun May 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Federal Government proposes a price on carbon.

direct action is just a smokescreen for doing fk all.

the fact that they scrapped the climate comission and dont even have a minister for science shows the contempt they have. if it hurts the hip pocket it must be bullshit. makes me so angry that they essentially try and and accuse scientists of being biased when they are on the take from the big mining companies.
by bennymacca
Sun May 25, 2014 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Yep absolutely.

Not a structural issue, but a confidence issue. And you don't build confidence by staying in the twos for months.

He has been far from our worst player in the last two weeks (though he did shank one or two kicks)

Crows disposal is disgustingly bad though. It has cost us two games against opposition that we should beat easily.

The recipe to beat the crows is pretty clear now. Deny space for smith and Mackay to run, and the rest of the team don't have the footskills to hurt you and so the turnovers will come.

Both Carlton and Melbourne (and the pies for a half) have beaten the crows in a scrap, as soon as the game opened up a bit we threatened to win but our kicking just wasn't good enough.
by bennymacca
Mon May 26, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Send follow up email documenting any verbal conversation, and cc your boss in on it. Easiest way to go
by bennymacca
Mon May 26, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

Stupid bias against the Victorian teams!
by bennymacca
Tue May 27, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Magpiespower wrote:"Did you kill Jamie Gao?"

Idiot reporters trying to get a "gotcha moment" off Roger Rogerson.

AS IF!!!

and i would have got away with it too, if it wasnt for you meddling kids!!
by bennymacca
Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aussie golfers overseas

As opposed to dufner who looks as if he had just woken up the whole time. Still managed to pull a smoking hot girlfriend though
by bennymacca
Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

Why are Norwood resting so many anyway when their next match is nearly 2 weeks away? :-??

Because they did the same in 2013 , and won the SANFL Premiership ?

So are you telling me they ultimately compromised a competition they themselves chose to enter into, with the permission of all of the other clubs, for the sake of a chance at an ultimately bigger prize?
by bennymacca
Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

But yet you, and many others, are so angry at the crows and power for arguably the same sentiment?

I know that's a generalisation and a lot of you are angry at the sanfl for allowing it, but still.
by bennymacca
Wed May 28, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

woodublieve12 wrote:Did Hamilton just do a Tippett??? :)

only if it means that the libs will be banned from the next two elections and their head man can be suspended for 12 months :D
by bennymacca
Wed May 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Love the Tisers headline - TRAITOR

Murdoch gonna Murdoch
by bennymacca
Wed May 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I wondered why the forum had been much better lately. :)
by bennymacca
Thu May 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

the girl was old enough to know what she was saying. the fact that people could in any way defend the girl is beyond me
by bennymacca
Thu May 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

"It is clear that many Australians do not have any great respect for the scientific method or scientific practice. It seems way too common to regard science as just another belief system, nothing but boffin-based opinion. The result is that science is permitted no special claim to truth, which is a very dangerous, essentially mediaeval, state of affairs. What on Earth has happened?"

http://m.theage.com.au/comment/tony-abbott-is-a-liar-its-a-mathematical-truth-20140529-zrs5h.html#ixzz336roX4RK
by bennymacca
Fri May 30, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

I'm not a member of a club, so I usually play anywhere and everywhere dictated by the cheap deals I can get.

So my thought process is usually, shit I should prolly hit an iron or a 3w here, that is a smallish landing area, or danger oob for my slice..... Nah fk that, I won't play this course for another 6 months, I'm not here to fk a seagull. Big stick it is.....

Closely followed by walking to my bag to get another ball :)
by bennymacca
Fri May 30, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you blokes are fked up

who walks back to the bag for another ball????

I just carry it in my pocket in case a wayward drive goes into territory where it will not be found!
quickly place the new ball on the tee and just try to wipe out the last shot from my memory card!

Or drop it in the bushes when you lost your last one :)
by bennymacca
Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha awesome.

Since we are on golf stories with merv, I kind of have one.

I was at the Shane warne charity poker tournament last year and one of the auction items was a round with Shane warne and Ricky ponting at royal Melbourne.

I got all excited and thought if there was any time I would bid on an auction this might be it. I would pay a couple of grand for it easily I was thinking.

Would this be the time that I got to play golf with two of my all time greatest heroes? I was thinkng it could be.

And then the auctioneer started. "Ok, we will start the bidding at 5k. Any takers?"

Dreams crushed before the bidding had even started haha.

Aaron finch ended up winning it for 10k, at which point Andy Lee got up and said he would pay 5k to be the other guy in the foursome.

This was the time that merv, perched at the bar at the back of the room, piped up with BULL FKING SHIT YOU WILL!!!

He had obviously gone halves with finch.
by bennymacca
Fri May 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

Was more talking about their bottom end, even with a full team. The old heads are still relied on heavily, and the youngsters are still a couple of years away from assuming the mantle. There will be a gap there.

Having said that I would not like to be Carlton in a weeks time :)
by bennymacca
Fri May 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Football Dynasty

Bum Crack wrote:I reckon they did a fair job.

Of course.

Here are their last 7 years, before this year.

2013, 2nd, 4 losses
2012, 6th, 7
2011, 2nd, 3, premiership.
2010, 2nd, 5
2009, 2nd, 4, premiers
2008, 1st, 1, runner up
2007, 1st, 4, premiers

Not too any other teams have had a run like that.
by bennymacca
Fri May 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

it does seem a little incongruous that it is all well and and good that we give sydney (and GWS) the COLA as long as they dont get too good. kinda makes a mockery of both the COLA and the response of the other clubs.

if they were bottom, even with Buddy and Tippett, nobody would be caring.

The thing that needs to happen is they just change the COLA so it is a 10% bonus on everyones contract, rather than a 10% addition to the salary cap. That way the extra money is being spent as intended, rather than just allowing them an extra million to go get a gun player.
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

How channel 7 can call the footy "afl live" when it's half an hour delayed
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Does she have lots of cats???

Nah, I dont think she has the capacity to love anything :lol:

they always love cats. always. because cats share their capacity to not give a fck about anyone else :D
by bennymacca
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The no AFL in the afl development league whinge thread? :)
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Come on mate, It was clearly a light hearted troll in response to WUB.

It's nearly a long weekend!
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: mid season all australian

woodublieve12 wrote:Would Hannebery have a sniff?

Started off slowly but his last month or more had been awesome. If he continues that for the rest of the season I definitely think he would be a chance
by bennymacca
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Massive game next week against Sydney. Probably will decide who is the premiership favourites
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

topsywaldron wrote:Love how you can use 44 games as evidence that everything's dandy Matt.

as opposed to you guys using the same 44 games to prove that everything has turned to shit, even when the evidence is that it hasnt?
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

I would too. Doesn't mean I condone murder though.
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im tipping crows at home. season on the line, i have faith.

way, way, too much faith. haha
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

I think BT is emerging as the worst of the worst
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.

apparently tasmania is worse off than sudan, crap, we better given them 5 billion dollars
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

140-150kph bowling isnt as rare or frightening as it once seemed

Tell that to the Poms :D
Yeah but they have the mental strength of a spoon fed 10 year old girl

true, but im not ready to discount Taity yet. If he gets back fit and firing, im sure he could play a role. Who would have thought Johnson could do what he has done?

Spot on. I hope he comes back, stays injury free, and smashes it. His elbow holding out is the big concern though
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

Any hints on how to extend the range of Wi-fi in a house? Are those range extenders you can buy worth it?

1. buy a new router with a better wifi antenna
2. run cables
3. wifi extenders - seem to work well in my experience.
4. ethernet over power - uses the copper in your house as a wired network. heard mixed things but wouldnt be too bad.
by bennymacca
Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

So I guess the real question is

Who would win in a fight between Optimus prime and Jesus?

Even with all the miracles Jesus performed, I think he would get trounced. Unless he walked out into the ocean somewhere.

The real problem is Optimus would have to come back every 3 days to make sure he stayed down. That would definitely get tedious.
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah bottom four is pretty silly. Clearly a 7-11 team. Actually probably 9-12 really. Way too inconsistent.
by bennymacca
Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Coach Bombay wrote:The whole thing is gay. He shouldn't even be wasting his time with these people. Just lucky we don't live in a backwards country.

We voted tony Abbott in. We are pretty ******* backwards
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - live scores, results & shooting the breeze.

JK wrote:Sammy Gray lol that was awesome!!

Hands on shoulders?

(I actually like they didn't pay it though because marks like that are good for the game)
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - live scores, results & shooting the breeze.

Best crows effort since the 2012 prelim. So proud right now. Happiest person in Germany right now, even with the World Cup on!
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Anyone want to go today? Got a spare members ticket and none of my mates want to go!

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

Crowd might be down today due to the weather, also a incident on the galwer train line. Trains are only running from mason lakes to the city. So anyone that usually catches a train between gawler to and mason lakes has to catch a bus.

Lol and you have the gall to call some players front runners.
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |