Search found more than 1391 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Love all the people who just say they hate it. At least be constructive, otherwise stfu

I am mostly a lurker but it seems ok. Once you get used to it it will be fine
by bennymacca
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

What the fox is going in with that new song?
by bennymacca
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

OnSong wrote:
heater31 wrote:Bloody hell and you two play golf :shock: ;)

Rarely deal with calculations above one when it comes to gang bangs.

haha

i am always just two people short of a threesome.
by bennymacca
Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2013

They get paid what they are worth in reality. Sports stars in general, not betts specifically, by way of the money generates through the sport. I think they get something like 20% of that. But yes I am all for engineers getting paid 500k a year :)

On betts specifically I think it's a great move. The last genuine small forward we had was peter vardy really. Callinan in 2012 was ok but if betts kicks 40 goals and sits at the feet of tex it will be a win. He will also bring forward line pressure which has been sorely lacking at the crows
by bennymacca
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Watching the big lebowski at the moment. Such an awesome movie
by bennymacca
Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Browny25 wrote:Anyone played golf in Las Vegas? Suggestions??

Don't know you but I hate you for even getting to ask this question
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

I'm still with the principle of allowing gay marriage for those who are foolish enough to want to marry, but I think it would be a different matter to try to force religious institutions to perform the marriage ceremonies if they conflict with their beliefs.

The problem seems to be that religious institutions hold an historical mortgage on the term "Marriage" which the state goes along with by referring to non-religious ceremonies as "Civil Union".

most weddings performed nowadays are civil unions anyway. something like 70% are outside of the church as far as i know (cant remember exactly). they are still called marriages even though they are performed by civil ceremony with a celebrant. so i dont see this as an issue at all to allow gay people this right.

there would be at least some ministers that would welcome gay members of their congregation a chance to marry in their church too, and that should also be allowed.
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

faulkner and cutting are only medium pacers really. think they might be a bit like copeland - good at shield level but would get exposed at top level
by bennymacca
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Biggest bunch of whingers ITT

The world will not implode when the crows reserves come in.

Similarly, Adelaide Crowval is pretty cringeworthy but it's just a bit of marketing fun they picked up from twitter, they aren't about to go around and call it that in every press conference.

I think once next season gets underway people will wonder what all the fuss was about
by bennymacca
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

wristwatcher wrote:**** it, I'm taking an hour off of work tomorrow and having a look.

i was thinking the same thing for friday
by bennymacca
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

smith is a good example of someone that was picked and persisted with (recently at least) and it seems to be going ok
by bennymacca
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Just arrived to watch the second session Image
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Tas

I like the pace attack of Sayers, Lawford and Mennie at the moment. The problem was AO was a road last game. Tough for all. Zampa is a good youg leggie and with Botha adds variety. Just worred that while Botha can handle a bat well for a bowler he isnt a no.6. Always a worry.

ludeman needs to improve his batting to the point where he can bat at 6
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

its nowhere near fair game, even if he didnt throw the first punch. they are teammates, and he is a senior player. unless he banged brown's mrs there is almost no excuse to break a teammates jaw, even if you hate the guy
by bennymacca
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Quite funny to see the change in tone of this thread from beginning to end.

Also loving the Aussie bowling attack at the moment, looks world class with Johnson up and about. Still questions over the batting which have been glossed over due to the fact that haddin and Johnson played well in the first innings and we won, still not sure we have the lineup to make massive hundreds unless it's Clarke or Warner. With the exception or watto at the oval the rest don't look capable of a huge century which will probably be needed on Adelaide oval. I think they are the best we have at the moment though.
by bennymacca
Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

Although I haven't seen that much of Head but that's what happens when you get married.

regards,

REB

Saw him for the first time the other week. Looks to score quickly and dominate, probably plays a few loose strokes still. Looks like the sort of guy that once he is on top will score really big. (Short term nervousness in the 90s notwithstanding)
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

mandela was another level. and especially when you look at the last instances of the flag at half mast, and they were for mostly former state ministers, it seems a small but significant gesture that should have been made
by bennymacca
Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Not a huge fan of Doug either but he is far from a bad bowler. I think we can all agree that Clint McKay has the most punchable face of anyone in Australian cricket?
by bennymacca
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

did you see that little "where i came from" clip during the tea break that they played about warner? shows a whole different side to him, awesome imo.
by bennymacca
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:I would have stepped into it and got hit in the nuts.

i would have attempted to swipe it to mid wicket, just like i do every other delivery bowled.
by bennymacca
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 3 new cricket games for 2013

shane warne 99 on the PS1 is still my favourite ever game
by bennymacca
Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Dissident wrote:I wish I liked Nirvana

go listen to the MTV unplugged set. if you dont like that then you are just weird
by bennymacca
Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

The Dark Knight wrote:Why can't people who sit near the sightscreen stay sill when the bowler is running into bowl ffs, idiots.

on the contrary, why do they all of a sudden have to have 100m wide sightscreens and restricting seats where people could sit? what was wrong with the old sightscreens?
by bennymacca
Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why should people with the cash get here when other more worse off refugees have to wait in camps because of the cue jumpers.
Stupid post!

firstly, if you are going to call someone stupid, at least make sure you can spell queue.

when you say "afford" to get here, most of them literally spend their whole family's life savings to get one family member out here, and then hope to bring the rest out when they save up enough money. this is how desperate they are.

and im not sure about you, but if i had a shot at not living in a refugee camp, i would do whatever i could.

there was a show on SBS called go back to where you came from, i encourage you to watch it. they depicted a sudanese lady who was in a refugee camp in kenya, where they literally slept on the floor under a tarp. no clean water. they got rice once a day, but quite often the gangs of men would come and steal it from her just after she got it. her and both her daughters had been repeatedly raped. if i remember correctly she now had HIV.

but yet you are telling me she should sit there and politely wait her turn? put yourself in her shoes for a second. what do you think you would do? would you sit there and be like fk me, i better wait my turn? of course not, you are going to do everything you can to get to safety.

and before you say well you could catch a plane here, well thats more problematic than you think too. if you are being persecuted in your own country, you cant exactly rock up at the airport with all of your id cards etc, you are basically waving a massive sign saying come and kill me!

so thats why these people travel overland from places like afghanistan, to pakistan, india, malaysia, indonesia.

the problem then is, none of those countries are signatories to the UN refugee convention, which means if they are caught they can be deported straight away. so you cant jump on a plane at any of these countries either.

so what are you left with? paying some people smuggler your whole life savings for one shot at a country that will have you. but lol, jokes on them, we send them off to squalid conditions in papua new guinea never to set foot in australia.

and before you say well there is plenty of other countries they can go to, well yes thats also true. but do a bit of googling and you can find places like turkey, jordan and greece are straining massively with the problem of refugees.

i read somewhere (ill have to find it) that the official population of greece is 10 million or so, and they have 1 MILLION refugees or other illegal residents. now that is a problem. a few thousand arrivals into one of the richest countries in the world is almost a non issue, unless you want to politicise it for your own gain, which is what abbott did with his "stop the boats" mantra which appealed to the lowest common denominator in australia, white racist bogans who believe they own the country and forgot that them, or one of their previous generations also came here, a lot of them in similar circumstances.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

why do you dickheads even watch, if all you do is complain?

personally i think its awesome that there has been cricket on almost every night of the summer. sure its not as good as test cricket, not by a long shot, but that doesnt mean you cant enjoy it for what it is.
by bennymacca
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that you are equating shopping checkout etiquette to a refugee camp where people get raped and get HIV is just a little ignorant. I really do encourage you to watch the go back to where you came from show, I'm sure it will change your mind.
by bennymacca
Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2014 season

north melbourne are definitely the smokey for the top 4. they lost so many close games last year, and even if they only won half of them they would have sat comfortably in the eight.
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

I don't think the right term should be 'cracking down' on long term welfare recipients. A large amount of these people would love to receive work if there was any available to them. Many long term welfare recipients have either physical or mental health issues that make it hard for them to be employable. Rather than 'cracking down' on these, we need to assist them to overcome their problems and develop skills that can help them become suitable for the job market. Work for the dole can be fine if the work is tailored towards something that could increase further job prospects. I also like the idea that those who are mature (e.g. 55 and above) are able to do voluntary work rather than 'work for the dole' and receive benefits.
Cheers

i was drawing a distinction between dole recipients and disability pension recipients, which i think are two very different things, but are often lumped into the same basket. and i wholeheartedly agree with you, the goal should be to get everyone back into meaningful work. often people would love to work for the same money as they get on the dole.

i think my original statement was clouded by the report that i read recently about people being on the dole for 20 years, which is quite obviously not right.
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TRIPLE J 2013 HOTTEST 100

once digital radio becomes more pervasive, it will take off i think
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

that is ridiculous. makes me angry.

we, as a nation, elected these people to represent us, so we have a right to this information, and a right to ask questions of the minister in charge.

it seems to be extremely blatant, in that they arent actually stopping any boats, they are just trying to bury it in the news cycle so that it is not a major topic anymore. out of sight out of mind. that is absolutely disgraceful.
by bennymacca
Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep what a farce, some kid gets to play league football that otherwise wouldnt have been, in the hope of fulfilling his dream of maybe cracking into the AFL one day.

what a farce
by bennymacca
Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

I like the Big Bash I just hate all the bullshit with it

its like channel ten are trying too hard to make it fun.

a case in point is mark waugh and fleming. fleming is a gun commentator on radio, he really knows his stuff. but they have obviously been told to lighten up the commentary a bit, but that just means that try and pay each other out in an incredibly unfunny way.

same with that F grade celebrity in the crowd for the catch thing. its actually a pretty decent idea in theory, but crossing to the family is just painful, and half the people dont know the first thing about cricket and dont have any idea why they are there.

i.e when bernie vince was there, he was actually pretty good, but there was some old dude who couldnt even talk let alone stand up and catch the bloody thing.
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

oh, so speculation and uninformed opinion, got it.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a term for people like you BM.
Arrogant is one, but i think a word that rhymes with banker fits you better!

as the saying goes, smart people discuss ideas, people of average intellect discuss events, dumb people discuss people...

not sure whether you are smart enough to work out which box you go in, but maybe ask your local 5 year old and they could point you in the right direction.

once you resort to personal attacks maybe its time to go sit in the corner and let the big boys talk.

seriously though, im just trying to provide an alternative opinion, and i like discussion, isnt what what a forum is about? i dont disrespect you guys' opinions, i have actually changed my opinion somewhat because of this thread. i think it will have an effect on the SANFL, which i initially didnt really, but im still of the opinion that it is a necessary evil. if you dont think that well thats fine, we are allowed to have differences of opinion, provided it is informed opinion.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Gone and done it now.

well if its going to be a flame war, i may as well fire the first shot over the bows :D
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

MightyEagles wrote:Stand up if your 7 nil up.

this never gets old haha. can it get to 11? (only one T20 right?)
by bennymacca
Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

not sure we need the racism - serena is probably the best player the game has seen, revolutionised the womans game in the last 10 years
by bennymacca
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

yeah someone that loses 9-7 in the 5th after winning 25 straight matches at the aussie open.

some choke.

you guys are harsh critics.
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Agree the jury is still out at test level, but I can't think of any other shield player that is better qualified
by bennymacca
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Liquor Lads

westozfalcon wrote:You can't get it here in WA and I reckon it's not a bad drop.

by bennymacca
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man I am good sometimes :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/u8ygupy4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/ure7eqyz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/ama4e5e6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/hy3ytevu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/aze7y3y4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/e6ymajuz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/4era9ehu.jpg
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:44.7 the top temp so far today

can we just break the record of 46.1

I keep telling the blokes at work this haha. If you are going to get into the mid 40s at least do a proper job of it and set a record, otherwise fk right off
by bennymacca
Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

Tony Clifton wrote:Lawford would be handy if a fight breaks out

He looks like a not-soft Chris tremlett
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

i think everyone deserves sympathy, even heroin junkies, but there is, in my opinion, a disproportionate amount of sympathy given to people like hollywood actors, as opposed to other people, who should perhaps be highlighted in the media more
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Stumps wins thread.

Best argument I have heard for the crows being able to use it...

Another one.... The state jumper has allowed Victorian players to wear it for years now, the sacredness finished when the state of origin went back to the sanfl and it just became an sanfl representative side rather than a SA team.

For the record I still don't 100% agree with them using it, just that SAFooty thinks the sky is falling in. I guess i shouldn't be surprised about that last part
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If they had been cleared to wear it I have no problem with them selling it. The problem is that they shouldn't have been allowed to wear in the first place.
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

That doesn't make it ok to put them back in a boat.

And how is running for your life selfish? 90 odd percent of boat arrivals are assessed as genuine refugees
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it was a disgrace they were going to sell them

Course it wasn't a disgrace. They have done it for every other commemorative jumper.

Only heard this third hand, but apparently kochie said on radio that we should be more pissed off at the SANFL for ticking this off than at the crows for coming up with the suggestion, and I tend to agree. Never should have been allowed in the first place.
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did each era bring to the game

On the need for an all rounder, Steve Waugh held his spot for much longer than he should of early in his career because he bowled. Doug Walters in the 70s played the role of the 5th bowler.

There have been periods when the priority for an all rounder (a fifth bowler) has seemed less but it definitely is not a 21st century thing.

Diving in the field? I remember that being a TV stunt in the 80s with playing going feet first into the fence. Dean Jones was one who did it all the time.

You are right about the all rounder, I think this is clouded a little by our bowling attacks in the last 20 years, who have been up there with the best in history. No need for an all rounder when you are rolling teams, and even if you aren't, having warne to bowl means you don't really need one as he isn't getting smashed around almost ever
by bennymacca
Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I did notice a glaring plot hole this episode, when michone cut the arms and jaws of the walkers again, so she could blend in with the herd again. i never quite understood why this makes her undetectable. and also, if this was all that is required for the walkers to stay away, why didnt rick and carl do the same thing, i mean surely michone has talked to them about it (or they may have even witnessed it at some point? They could have also lined the whole outer fence of the prison with walkers with their arms chopped off couldnt they? would that have solved the problem?

im glad they semi-addressed the other plot point about them staying in the prison even though the governor knew where they were
by bennymacca
Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |