Search found more than 1391 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

I don’t mind caps being different colours etc - but a beanie with a Pom Pom on top?

Ur kidding me caps are acceptable but beanies aren’t.......ffs that nitpicking at best

I was more commenting on the Pom Pom - which for me makes it game only attire, compared with caps and “normal” beanies which can be any colour imo
by bennymacca
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Wedgie wrote:Lets go Captain Hugo! :)

Can he put the pressure on as a goalkeeper?

:)

Seriously though Kane should have put the game to bed in the first half
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Corona Man wrote:Hows does my fit bit know when I’m sleeping and not just laying still?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/ ... ticle/1314
by bennymacca
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I have to disagree.
There's an ice epidemic happening in rural areas across Australia at the moment that is ruining whole communities lives.
Dealers known to police but somehow when raided they find nothing?
Insane amounts of money being made off this crap and the penalties are not enough of a deterrent.
Anyhow it just shows how out of touch the liberal party is.

I agree about the ice epidemic, but I don't think MJ is harmless.

There was a very thorough study done at UQ a few years ago on its effects on the immature brain which found tht the incidence of Schizophrenia was increased by 20 to 25% in under 17 year olds using MJ daily. This did not show up in older users, other than those with pre-existing such illness.. That's why we need to be able to select out specific safe compounds from the THC component for medicle use.

And yes MJ does impair driving capacity.

Do you think alcohol is harmless? Do you think cannabis has medicinal purpose ?
I can speak with experience and driving with cannabis is nowhere near the impairment of driving with alcohol .
What are your thoughts on legal prescribed medication that is becoming a major issue world wide ?

Shoe boy is a stoner? who knew? ;)
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

You were the only one sprouting.
Not sure what an SANFL club has to do with an AFL thread.
You’re a funny lot you crowies.

:lol: NM fans talking about premierships droughts is quite laughable tbh.

About a year less laughable than a Crows supporter.

I thought making prelims counts as success down in kangaroo land
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

He’s one of the worst out there imo

Seems to go big just to try and get a headline but has very little substance compared with the more experienced journalists (and even someone like Cornes)
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

I don't recall too many Finals matches I've turned off due to being a poor standard, and Finals are the reason this game is played. I am not sold on bringing in changes that are going to affect the way the post season is played.

It’s easy to tolerate a poor standard finals game though because there is something huge on the end of it which holds your interest

So crappy game becomes “good contested footy”

(Also helps that finals are between the best teams so the skill level is usually much higher)
by bennymacca
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and lets not bring up Josh Jenkins' stats either :P
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

just make ANY punch that isn't in the play automatically intentional and min a week. no matter how slight and whether its to the guts or the head.

would stamp it out quick smart
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The bigger games definitely do, I would guess the Sunday arvo north game probably won’t though
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not saying he’s a gun just yet but I’ve loved his progress this year and if he continues on he will be a gun in the future
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Plenty of sadder things than a drought too. You can always say that.

F*** Me

Say that out loud in the Freeling or Railway Pubs and see how far you get???

You really want me to list things that are sadder than a drought? What about childhood cancer or war etc?

Also You been to Freeling lately? Sure ain’t a drought round those parts :)

Was there Friday night and had a Parma for a farmer still.

My point was it’s ridiculous to compare a bloke doing his ACL to a drought.

All are sad in their own way and it’s pointless to compare
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

plenty of discussion in this thread from people who don't even watch the game
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

A couple of friday nights ago the swans were playing... As i was putting my girls to bed i had it on silent and i had it on my phone... Anyways when i got to putting my eldest to bed she asked (i turned it of while i was doing story time with my youngest and put it back on when i was waiting for to fall asleep. So my attention was on the girls) instead of the usual made up story i tell her every night she asked if she could watch the swans game with me. We laid in bed and watched the footy together for 10-15 minutes and she was asking questions and wanting to see her favourite player Buddy Franklin (i may have told her him because he is easy to identify and yes my girls are swans supporter, they have no choice :) )... But it was awesome time and everytime since than and the footy's on we lay in bed and watch who ever is playing until it's time for her to sleep..
But last night was the coolest... No footy on last night but she asked if she could watch some anyways. since it was later than usual i said ok but on a little bit. Got on Youtube and watched the last 3 minutes of the 2012 GF, which is extra special to me as she was born just a month prior to that day... She loved it and was confused when i told her Buddy played for the other team with the ugly jumpers... Real special moment and we talked about going to the footy for the first time together next year when the swans come here and she was really excited.

My wife was asking my 2 year old about job etc

What does grandad do at work? - drive trucks! (Correct)

What does daddy do at work? - go to the footy!

:)

(I realised after that the only things I really tell him when I leave is I’m going to work or footy so I can see how he would equate the two)

He’s too young to watch footy with me just yet but whenever it’s on I ask him what we say when the footy is on and he yells “go crows!!”
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Morell may, I say may. have been right,

im expecting him to come out of the woodwork and reply to this, its basically like the bat signal :D
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your signature dish?

I've never cooked in my life beyond helping set up the odd BBQ and turning the odd chop at a mates place., My habit has been, if I run short of volunteers to cook for me, is to resort to something I can microwave, or go out to eat or pick up take away...

However, in the new house, and with my new lady whom I will be marrying next year, I think there will be more home antertaining, so I'm beginning to look at BBQ gear.

Turns out there is a chink in the psyber armour!
by bennymacca
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

97,000 members hey?

Is this your first attempt to deflect from Ports choke and only talk about other teams crowds?

:lol:

No, just saw it on the banner as the lovely boys ran out yesterday afternoon and was surprised by it, seems almost, I don't know, made up?

It’s complete bullshit and an embarrassment that we try to claim 97k members - especially when 65k or whatever the actual figure of paid up members is - is actually bloody good
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still can’t quite work out how they will (most likely) miss finals from being 11-4!!

Massive fall from grace.

They had injuries, but so did collingwood and GWS and both of those teams seem to have been able to fight through it.

Was it a case of players looking around and waiting for someone else to take the lead and not doing it themselves?

Pretty big indictment on the club given the talent they brought in
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How would the morale of frampton etc be when he’s basically told he’s not good enough already?

I know lobbe wasn’t great but he would have made a pretty big difference if port still had him as a backup.

Maybe they could have rookie listed a mature age backup for a year or two? (Crows are lucky Jacobs is so durable as they would have been in the same position too)
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not hats Morrell? ;)
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is the right and wrong thing to do.

Been offered by the organisation I work for a 4 week gig in Darwin. The job is an opportunity to work at a regional level than just centre management level. The money is real good for the 4 weeks and will very much put me as a front runner for a regional job here in SA when one becomes available.

The down side, I have to leave the partner and 12 week old bubs for the 4 weeks. I will be able to have them come up for one week of the four. The partner has said she is happy and understands the opportunity is great. I believe her but not sure I’m still doing the right thing.

So confused and don’t have long to respond lol

As hard as it will be away from your young family it seems like a good career move
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s only a stint of two weeks then another stint if 1 week right?

No brainer to me. Video calls are awesome these days. It will go super fast.

Agree with the others that 3 months would be the length of time where it would be quite hard
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

My thinking is every little bit helps
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Democracy - the Least bad system we have :D
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

I think Bishop would be the best out of the three candidates

But the way they are going they will get smashed
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At my old work I went out to sea for a couple of weeks per year

Sea sickness tablets work pretty well, but if you are prone to it you will still feel crook for a day or two (I used to get sick every time). Getting your sea legs is a real thing though. You do feel better after a day or two, even if it’s really rough.

You start taking the tablets the night before, then one per day after that. They do make you drowsy a bit but given it’s a holiday where you want to relax anyway that might not be a bad thing.

There are two major types of tablets too. Kwells and Avomine/Phenegran. I HATED the kwells. They made me feel worse, and made my mouth super dry. The Avomine were great though. Others liked the kwells. So maybe buy both (they are like $10 from the chemist) and try them out.

Having said that a cruise ship is the most stable thing you would ever go on, so you would have to be pretty rough to even notice more than a slight rocking.
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

HH3 wrote:North finish higher than both SA teams.

That's a good thing.

Success for North again!!

They’re putting together quite the dynasty. Two prelims and now beating the SA teams? Sheesh. Look out Richmond.
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what are you saying.... I'm glad to have a Prime Minister who doesn't shirk his faith and actually acts with integrity because of what he believes. On the front foot, well done PM Morrison.

Plus I heard that the deputy is a Jew... means we aren't going to be throwing money away willy nilly...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

can you tell me how locking up children in offshore detention centres is a christian act of integrity?
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your signature dish?

Can of braised steak and onion
Half a can of baked beans
Shitload of grated cheese

Makes the best toasted sandwich
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2016 Carlton: We demand overs for Bryce Gibbs, who wants to leave, as he’s a contracted player

*Mitch McGovern requests a trade with 2 years still on his contract, the likely destination being Carlton*

Adelaide:
D277549F-8AF9-4E3B-9CDE-D2173C42A841.jpeg

Disclaimer: I totally stole this from a message in a WhatsApp group

And I’m totally stealing this for my group chat :)
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Yep. First couple of episodes were almost unbelievable, watch them with my mouth wide open. Then it petered out a bit
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Gawler is a weird mix. Main north road is the demarcation line. The eastern side (Evanston Park, gawler East, hewett, Springwood) is pretty decent in general, wouldn’t be that different from the newer parts built around the same time, like golden grove or Mawson lakes

The western side (Evanston, Evanston gardens, gawler West, hillier) however is another world and some parts look similar to davoren Park etc
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Money talks, people walk

Unless it’s to North Melbourne [emoji16]
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket coverage on Australian tv - ch9 lose rights

So will Foxtel show the TEST cricket?

Yes

Similar arrangement to the footy

Fox sports 1 being rebranded as fox cricket in late sept

Will show every ball of every game

Ch7 will have tests and most of the bbl but won’t have ODIs or T20Is

Unlike footy it seems like they will have seperate commentary teams for each game

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/a4b107d463c6d76803d01d783016f519.jpg
by bennymacca
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm delighted to announce that, at 74, I am now officially engaged to my 69 year old fiancee.
She says we'll marry late next year because it wll take her that long to get ready...

Cradle Snatcher eh!

Do you still umm *cough* umm do it at that age?

So this ISNT Psyber?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180908/a92a003df4a21f2dbef4e58e09e94619.jpeg
by bennymacca
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

I feel so sorry for Osaka

Bloody awesome achievement as a young player to win a grand slam and she is up there in tears and apologising to the crowd.
by bennymacca
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Jim05 wrote:Thought Langer is pretty spot on in regards to Maxwell. Langer has stated that he simply doesn’t make enough hundreds in any form or grade he plays. He needs to start turning the 60’s and 70’s into hundreds

Whilst that may be true - it is also the same knock on Travis Head
by bennymacca
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

I’m up there over the October long weekend. Great spot
by bennymacca
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

No it goes in as 1 nb and 4 byes.

That’s what we put it down as, and then after the game just manually moved the byes to the no balls, as it doesn’t affect anything else in the game
by bennymacca
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Under pressure.......

I'm more interested in the posters on safooty.net under the most pressure in 2019...

1: wubsy: How will he come up with fresh excuses and umpire blaming as Sydney begin to bottom out.
2: Booney: With Kenny still at the helm Booney will be beside himself if his beloved Power keep putting up with mediocre results.
3: Dutchy: With the Kangaroos recruits they will need to finish higher than Port to give his Port/Booney bashing merit.
4: Amber: With Carlton's season over he is going to find it tough avoiding his love for the Power if they start looking the goods.
5: Wedgie: His Cats must be successful as he'll use his quota of throwing "119" into as many posts as possible, surely it must be capped at 119 times.

Brod, Benny and the Crows lads just breathed a sigh of relief ;)

Speaking of, is Benny gonna be back for the footy season? Kinda missing the big fella

I sure hope so.

I miss his wild generalisations, love of the crows to the extent of dry humping, and his 3/4 pi55ed posts live from the game.

We need to raise awareness here and launch a bring back Benny campaign

#putoutyourcrowsscarves

Sup

Long story short, I actually do work now so I log in very rarely

You would have gotten some very bad pissed posts last night. That was ******* horrible
by bennymacca
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

I really liked the ending

I think it was super rushed and not fleshed out but I think the overall story of what happened suited

Think they just fked up by not having 10 EPs in the final 2 seasons
by bennymacca
Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |