Search found more than 1391 matches

Return

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Using bad grammar and thereby perpetuating the Port Adelaide supporter stereotype.

Its all I got :D
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rolf Harris

Hope they make an example out of him
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Do we really need another whinge thread? Move it into the other thread?
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

no worries, happy to help
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Q. wrote:Meanwhile at Collingwood, we chant "Coooooooooooooooooooooollingwooooooooooooood".

It took several brainstorming sessions to come up with that one.

It's the only three syllable word collingwood supporters know.
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

For telling the world what everyone already knows? :)
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

"You'll never tear the bandwagon apart?"

:)
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - live scores, results & conversing.

Finally someone that seen what i seen. Robbo just saying now that the eye gauge was before the choke and footage that backs it up.
Petrie very f*&(%ing lucky to not got 3-4.
If Lake gets more than 1 its a joke. If u cant defend yourself when someone eye gauges you then there is something wrong.
Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

i just saw the footage on footy classified, and to say that that was an eye gouge before lake grabbed him is pretty ridiculous. he was making contact with his face but it wasnt substantial contact until after he was grabbed by the throat.
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The green sign says it all in the above pic

But if a man REALLY loves his dog then why can't they get married?!? Who are you to say who someone can and can't love......

Sounds a familiar argument to me... ;-)

I think his point is valid, if the constitution is changed from the current which states something along the lines of

'Marriage should be between 1 man and 1 woman'

What is proposed is just one word change in any alternative whether that be 1 man and 1 man, woman and woman, man and dog, 1 man and 40 women...

As soon as it is changed once the precedent will be set and you will see people marrying dogs, cats and probably inanimate objects too.

What makes me laugh is that marriage is something done before 'God and all these witnesses' and people who live lives that disregard God altogether want to get married when they don't actually believe... Staggers me

Are you actually serious?

Just wow

Firstly the difference is another human can CONSENT to being married, something that an animal or child cannot do.

So what you are arguing actually sickens me. How dare you think that homosexuals all of a sudden want to fk animals. Are you saying that you would fk an animal of it was legal?

Another thing that also gets overlooked with the whole marriage debate is 2/3 of them are civil ceremonies already and have nothing the hell to do with god. Marriage has nothing to do with god, it is done for legal and social reasons, nothing at all to do with god

People like you have no place in a modern democratic society.
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:Germany hasn't been this dominate since they took on Poland in 1939...

They did take France in 1940 :)
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By the power vested in me by Optimus prime...

:)
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Sorry mate can you give me the quick rundown? Won't buy the tiser

Well then you won't get to read about it... ;) :lol:

so there...

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/gaming-giant-tabcorp-in-bid-to-livestream-afl-for-free/story-fnii5sms-1226982234408

love the slippery slope arguments, and that "a betting site is just trying to promote gambling"

of course they bloody are!

once again a silly argument about the children also included.

what will happen next? if they can stream afl through the TAB site, next they will be banging dogs!!
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: round 17 jibba jabba (do we have to keep coming up these

didnt know about it until after the season started. count me in for next year :D
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

because when you get to the start of the museum you get given a card with a person on it, and as you go round the museum you get to check points were you find outs whats going with them at certain times of the war and at the end of it you find out if they lived or died.

They do a very similar thing at Port Arthur.

Andrew Denton spoke to a holocaust survivor who lived in the same town as his descendants and said he only lived as he was randomly plucked from the crowd as they were piling into the chamber and told to start searching through a mountain of dead peoples belongings to search for valuables.

I went to the holocaust museum, "topography of terror" museum and the Berlin Wall memorial just a few weeks ago. Also went to Dachau last year.

As morbid as it sounds it really fascinated me because I just can't fathom how people can be so cruel
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

The Dark Knight wrote:Loving Carlton Dry the past few months. Only ever drank it at Soundwave and a few other music gigs, just decided to give it a go in a bottle, bought a 6 pack of it and now no other beer compares. Got to pick myself up a carton of it tomorrow :)

ewwww
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the way i look at it is, we live in a democracy. currently there is a significant portion of the population that believes gay marriage should be legalized (as do i)

for those worried about the "slippery slope", when a significant portion of the community believe that bestiality, polygamy or marrying inanimate objects should be allowed, then we can have that debate. personally i dont see that happening any time soon.....

and thanks all for the laughs.

60% or more in most polls

the the government have previously ruled out a referendum too because it would pass...
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Drivel

Rory sloane. I bequeath you my first born
by bennymacca
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows have missed a massive chance here.

With Lake and Gibson out the Crows were one forward line who really could haven taken advantage of it !!

Pretty close to season over especially if the Kangas, Pies and GC win games they should this weekend

Tex still doesn't look right. Can't say Jenkins and pods aren't doing their bit tonight.

Leigh Matthews as spot on saying Walker doesn't look as athletic as he did

Always tough to come back mid season. Won't be till next year till he is back physically imo
by bennymacca
Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Palmer is determined to wreck Abbott's reign ... doing a bloody good job at the minute :lol:

well abbott went in there all gung ho before the election basically telling palmer and the other minor parties to get stuffed, hoping he would have the numbers, but now he doesnt.

you make your bed, you lie in it abbott.
by bennymacca
Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

just because they dont go to every game that doesnt make them fickle.

i have been to 3/4 adelaide united games before. probably the same amount of adelaide 36ers games. that doesnt make me fickle supporters of those teams, just that i dont follow it closely and enjoy the odd game but arent about to buy a season ticket.

those people are what gives you the swell in crowds when teams are doing well, because as a casual supporter you never go when they are getting pumped.

you can call them bandwagon supporters and to some extent thats true, but its also just a fact.

using this forum as a representative sample is also dangerous.
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fickle compared to most who frequent this forum. I do the same with the 36ers and United and I'm what I'd call fickle compared to their diehards - simply because I don't have memberships and I pick and choose when it's best for me to go, just my opinion and I agree it causes a swell in crowds.

You can speculate about SANFL crowds and whether they're going to AO or wherever, the point is there's definitely people who've left that weren't like that and if this forum isn't going to be one of the ways of informing us of what's going on with those supporters, what is? It's strange that you would support one person's theory on falling numbers (which I actually agree would be a small part of it), but suggest that others who have stated facts regarding people they know is a representation not to be trusted.

I wasn't suggesting that people on here were lying when they said they and their friends had stopped going, it is clear a lot of the diehards are fed up and don't go anymore, and I'm not even suggesting Matt is 100% right, just that it's a good point that hadn't been brought up before
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get pay in my bank every fortnight, let's just leave it at that :)
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

mal wrote:How have the telecasts gone?
I cant comment
I've not seen one game as yet on C7

i have enjoyed watching them, and they seem to be a fair bit better than ABC imo.
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

Biggest one from my childhood was Freeling vs Kapunda.

Also everyone vs Tanunda haha.
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

If laidler can make your team he would. You are just being silly now.
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is it?

lake bonney?
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Gamble/How not to Gamble

Also, in a 10 horse race, there are 720 permutations of horses, or possible trifectas, and only 90 quinellas.

So when someone says they got 2/3, just say congrats, you were 1/8th of the way there :)
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Josh Fraser
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

Nobody bloody cares guys.
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

the crows need some outside runners. brodie smith and mckay have been great this year but we need more. port did exactly that and it turned their club around, getting polec and white. I think the crows should be looking for someone like that.

I think another key defender would be good too, as im not 100% convinced hartigan and thompson can handle it just yet, and i dont like otten or henderson having to play the third tall defender.

I think our forward line is looking really good, another ruckman to help out sauce would be useful too as i dont think mckernan, graham and osborn are up to afl standard yet. obviously osborn is just rookie listed and will take time to develop.

in general i think the bottom 10 players on the crows list are pretty bad and we really need some exciting young talent coming through.
by bennymacca
Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 19/7)

Still lol at all you idiots trying to claim fudged crowd figures because it's the only way that your doom and gloom argument will stand up. You do realise that if they do that the average spend per spectator will go significantly down and it will show up like dogs balls they are fudging? Not to mention they would also have to invent money to account for the ticket sales too.
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:do we need a best pub thread with the highlight from the kitchen and bar??

If there isn't one already yes we do.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39929
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

I have Foxtel and am looking into utilising the FOXTEL GO app - I have Wireless through Iprimus, and a pocket wifi through Optus.

Does anyone know - would either of the above work with Foxtel GO...and if so, would the data come out of the monthly allowance, or would there be an extra cost on top of the monthly account ISP account?

i steal my brother's foxtel go account

(not really steal, but i use his login)

at the highest quality it uses about 1 GB an hour. it chews a LOT of data.

so you would want to have a big data cap to use it.

i have wimax with adam internet and during peak hours it isnt quite good enough to keep up a lot of the time, which is frustrating. but if you have a really stable fast connection it is very good
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

It's quite hilarious you guys laugh at a 6k crowd when a lot of clubs are happy with 2k
by bennymacca
Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

topsywaldron wrote:Why bother even commenting on a match played between two AFL teams?

That the SANFL and a few blowhards will point to it as some kind of tick of approval is just laughable.

i hope you see the irony in your post
by bennymacca
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Jarman & Lewis are morons. They've just named 4 guys from the crows who should be in all australian contention, Brodie Smith was one of them. F*** me it was only 1 win & an ugly win at that. No wonder you all think crows supporters are idiots. Please believe me when I say we are NOT all like that.

you dont think brodie smith should be in all australian contention?

i sure as hell think he should be! average 23 disposals a game, first rebound 50s, first in metres gained.
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

phil hughes has just smashed 202no against the saffer As up in darwin, aussies recovered from 3/46 to reach 4/349, henriques made 90 in a 220 run 4th wicket stand, mitch marsh scored 12 in an unbeaten 83 run 5th wicket stand with hughes off about 6 overs!

im actually quite excited about the next rung of australian talent at the moment. what a change from a few years ago!
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

just when i thought there couldnt be a stupider thread on this site...

dangerfield is probably the hardest player in the afl right now (along with selwood imo)

you make it sound like he is faking all the knocks he gets. what complete crap.
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I'm all for trying to keep people out of jails but surely if you are in you do your time.
by bennymacca
Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

crows beat the pies in melb, and all crows fan talking about how good this that and the other is
crows lose to eagles a week later at home and all of a sudden everything is wrong, fitness, mentality, players are no good

gee how things change in a week.

It's as inconsistent as my teams performances!
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Crowds vs port are just as relevant as any other.

And the glenelg game was boosted a lot because of tex but they still would have gotten a lot more than 3k

If you are going to attempt to make this comparison you need to compare it to the average of centrals vs other clubs etc because at present those averages are skewed because of port and crows higher crowds too

And that would make some pretty sorry reading for centrals and westies
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

U wouldn't expect an Predominatly AFL fan to understand though, heartlands and home grown are dying words in the AFL. A franchise can be picked up and moved at any stage.

No disrespect to u Benny but at a guess I'm going guess that your under the age of 23 and have just been saturated by the AFL from birth.

No disrespect but kindly get stuffed. I have been a centrals support for all of my 29 years. I would definitely describe myself as a crows supporter first and centrals second but that is neither here nor there.

I, for one, am a realist. I understand that there is significant changes, and through this thread I have learned more about the effects of those changes. But I am probably far more optimistic than most and decide to take changes in my stride rather than the conservative approach of it must be bad.

I also think there is a bigger picture. No matter what pure sanfl fans can do, the reality is they are not the biggest game in town. They will be forever slaves to the afl. As sucky as that might be it isn't going to change. May as well try and make lemonade.

Sure, there are things that can be improved. But putting the rose coloured glasses on and reminiscing of times gone by isn't going to change the present realities.
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowds vs port are just as relevant as any other.
How many pies and pasties did the 8 dinkum clubs sell at those games then?

Would have thought the Clare footy clubs would have greatly appreciated the support, as well as the foundation set up for the young lad who was killed by the play equipment.

But I guess that is all secondary to the amount of pies sold at unley
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shoe boy wrote:The southern express way fantastic.

Who would have thought a bidirectional road would be such a good idea :)
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Error

I like the new quote functionality.
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Can't wait for cricket season. Especially with the crows form
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |