Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

OnSong wrote:Is Liam Whitwell coaching the Mallala SCs next year?

I believe so
by stork
Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard Bill Fuller is heading out to watch the Ram's play and encourage ex-teammate/player who now wears the green white and red.
by stork
Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wangas#4 wrote:
Champ wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Q. wrote:^^^ any names in particular?

If they have come from angle vale , they played div 7 last year. Nothing exciting

Youd hope not otherwise it raises some questions..

And what questions would that be ?

the question being will they play b grade or a grade
by stork
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wasn't implying that either.

I was just saying (for those who've never witnessed Jimboss play) that he's an asset to any given side, despite what that video highlights feel suggests.

You'd hope that was the case, given he's an import. Who are the other three players heading out with him?

I'm not sure who the other 3 are (if I have been told, I've clearly forgotten), but I think there's one A Grader, and I think one, if not two, of the other two are fringe A Graders. Don't quote me on that though, I've been known to cock my information up.

If Solly kicked approximately 60 goals in Div 1 last season, what would that be worth in the APFL? Having never seen a game in this league, I'm unsure of the standard.

The goals are the same, the rules are different and APFL is more physical. From the "highlight clips" the bloke didn't appear to like much contact, granted this was 2009. He might not get the possessions required to kick goals.
by stork
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Greatbloke2386 wrote:Heard a rumor flintoff on his way back to imps this year reckon he will play in a forward pocket some guys think he a gun good pick up if he does sign

you just asked if he was off to Two Wells in the APFL thread.... Man crush? Tolling? ... regardless a little odd
by stork
Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ease up champ. I'm not saying that lack of numbers is not concerning for the comp. I'm saying that it's not that important for the real talent coming through. Do you think that in a years time, young Charlie A is a worst player for coming through a weak U17 comp. I think not - he will be just as good. Hasn't seem to have impacted on Harry G's form.

I was simply saying to have a look at some of the younger talent. Take a relax tab mate..

firstly, *worse,

Secondly, yes I do some what. I am taking the side of Magpieeagle (for want of a better term). The APFL has built a "bigfish syndrome" - in SOME CASES. Not knowing Charlie I am not going to comment on how this will affect his development. As a generalisation what I have noticed is that Junior/younger players get told how they good they are to a point that builds false confidence even if they do "dominate" underage football (a pool of around 130 registered under 17s in 2013). Once it is time to enter the senior system (A grade and Reserve's football - a pool of about 350 players) the opportunities are less, the numbers are greater and due to low numbers in u/17s they do not have the knowledge, and at times the character to work for/earn what they want and often deserve. I will reiterate, I am not attacking past, present or future players or coaches but this is my observation and opinion.

In short players like Charlie Arbon & James Speissegger (BFC), Tyler Darwin & Dylan Collings (HBFC), Joshua Appleby (HWFC), Nik Seccafien and Doc heron (TWFC), Ryan Konzag & the Coe brothers (MFC) would benefit from playing in a stronger underage comp.
by stork
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |