Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

footys the winner wrote:What teams only train once a week? Sign me up.

If you were living in Adelaide and playing in most country areas around the State, most clubs would quite reasonably expect you to train once per week. Is my theory really that hard for you blokes to grasp? :D
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Again, he wouldn't be the first person - players do travel more than an hour to play country footy

I'd be keen to hear how you get to Streaky from Adelaide in an hour or three for that matter.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it
by roodog
Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....

Don't discount some emerging talent coming out of the U17s. More exciting than the recycled hasbeens chasing farmers coin.

Where’s all that? Not much of a U17 comp here, maybe one full side this yr if we are lucky out of 7

Most A Grade teams could only accommodate 2 or 3 lads coming up per year, so the actual numbers in the U17's is not so important (other than development). There are some names to watch from the top ten vote getters last year. The rest probably need a bit more time or may not make it to A grade in any case.

NOT IMPORTANT, that's the whole problem with the league.bury the head in the sand,
by magpieeagle
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |