Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: AFL Reserves Discussion...

Blackwhite wrote:Who here is boycotting AFL reserves games?

I plan to attend Grand Central and support the club but not watch the exhibition game.
by twosheds
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Just for the record- I'm against the Reserves sides. But the following was David Burtenshaw s quote "The estimated crowd figure was not part of our SANFL proposal and is not part of the financial model. But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?

Hardly the font of credibility :D
by twosheds
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I don't think anyone is ( from what I've seen and I certainly haven't ) denying the impact the current set up is having on the competition. I'm under no disillusions as to what is happening and what is likely to change at the end of the year.

I don't need reminding of it every thread. As Admin, moderators and posters have noted, if you don't like the thread, stay out of it!

Port v Adelaide SANFL game wrap up....really, if you don't like the current set up and have been happy to be vocal about it there must be some special level of idiocy taking place to enter that thread, agreed?

Yet you come into the "whinge" thread and complain. Priceless !
by twosheds
Mon May 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by twosheds
Sun May 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

So "Tiger Woods" with a full bag beats an 18 handicapper with a 7 iron and a putter by a couple of strokes and "Tiger's" fans cream their jeans :roll:
by twosheds
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Adapting to change is not a problem, getting bent over and reamed up the keister is what I have an issue with.
If condescending superciliousness makes you feel good though - be my guest 8)
by twosheds
Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

It was 4000 - extra not total - and was a "guesstimate".

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/breaking-news/adelaide-crows8217-push-for-sanfl-entry-does-hurt-established-clubs8217-bottom-line/story-fnect155-1226696575928#

Good thing for those liars that they didn't have to underwrite the crowd in the end.

that article still doesnt make it clear that it is 4000 extra. nothing i have seen does.

not trying to defend the figures, because even at 3000 total they are still only marginally hitting that, just that it doesnt seem to be actually mentioned anywhere.

4,000 has been proven time and time again ad nauseaum . Chapman backpedalled at a rate of knots with his "guesstimate" quote. Pretty poor for a supposed hard headed businessman to be using "guesstimates". As for Rucci , surely you don't afford him any credibility whatsoever ?

I haven't found a single quote from anyone that says any figure tbh. only media speculation.

by any measure, its clear that there hasn't been a hug influx of new people to SANFL games. and there hasn't been a huge downturn either. If anything it seems to be a net neutral

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows8217-push-for-sanfl-entry-does-hurt-established-clubs8217-bottom-line/story-fni5f22o-1226696575928
Not that hard to find one really, :roll:
by twosheds
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 - Central v Adelaide @ Elizabeth

It's great by the clubs and great for the clubs clearly BUT just watch it get spun by Rucci, Rowe,Bickley etc as a sign the blow ins are bringing the crowds and the run of the mill Crows or Port supporter who doesn't care about the SANFL will swallow it hook line and sinker. What happened to all the work the blowins were going to do in the zone leading up to the game, sound like the SANFL clubs have done all the heavy lifting .
by twosheds
Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 - Central v Adelaide @ Elizabeth

Phil is doing his job and you can't criticise what he has done, in fact he has done a great job in thinking outside the square to engage his community/zone. Maybe a free ticket to all attendees for another game later in the season might be a way to get them back?

I don't think anyone is "criticizing" Phil H - far from it in fact. The danger is that his (and others) hard work will be spun by those with an agenda that the AFL Reserves is good for the competition and the ill informed or uncaring will lap it up.
by twosheds
Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when Centrals lost by a couple of goals to the eagles and a number of doggies supporters were going hysterical about how putrid the team is...........they aren't that bad. Yep, although I said nothing at the time, I remember that quote from round 6:-
For all the moaning from some of the Centrals supporters on here I expected to come against a rabble.
I'm not trying to cut into you here but I will go off topic and address a couple of things, at least as I see them.

I'm pretty sure no-one was "going hysterical" about anything, certainly not beyond well expected posting form of perhaps one regular username's 'negativity' which has been ripped into more than once on this forum. Comments from a couple of others at the time about the pending margin, while not entirely fair, probably not that unreasonable given the very large percentage and table gaps. Worth noting that a few supporters from other clubs also had us down for a hiding as well.

Perhaps also worth noting that you and smac were challenged by one of your own fans with the suggestion that Centrals only out-scored the Eagles in the last three quarters due to having two quarters to one "with a five goal gale" - which was a gross exaggeration. (Mid to high 20 k's blowing predominately 10 to 4 across the ground, favouring the southern end by two to three goals at most.)

While under no illusions, I think you'll find that most of our supporter base do understand and accept that this year was for building and learning. 'whufc' has more or less said this directly.

Without recalling the exact words, former SA Footy and Footy SA poster, 'topsywaldron' once made an excellent comment about the importance of self awareness in going forward. I think that's where we're at.

For years, 'northerner' always has presented look for the constructive angle without dolling things up. 'Bulldogproud' always keen to give the lads well deserved applause and not afraid to challenge others when needed. A number of others I could mention from within our own ranks, a number of generously constructive contributions also from other club's supporters - including yourself - which is awesome.

A couple of hard fought wins on the board and a real chance to keep the spoon away from us for a 43rd consecutive year.

Go 'Dogs.

I don't post very often ( and some people equate number of posts with credibility :roll: ) but Hear Hear !!!!!
by twosheds
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Last disposal- free kick experiment should be shelved. Adds nothing,game becomes a lottery.
by twosheds
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

PatowalongaPirate wrote:SANFL have announced the first three rounds have recorded the best attendance figures since 2017.

Just imagine what they would be if "Chapmans 4,000" eventually found their way to a game :roll:
by twosheds
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |