Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

This thread should be merged with the Q & A with David Burtenshaw.

The MO is exactly the same. Benny telling everyone why their opinions suck compared to his and then denying it.
by UK Fan
Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Interesting the AFL is now looking at a women's competition by 2017, but money is a prohibitive factor in setting up an AFL reserves competition.
Only if they swap shirts at the end

And then you wonder why people view SANFL supporters as outdated...
Sorry, shoulda put a ;) in there so it was obvious to ultra forward thinking people like you that it was just in jest.

Im sure it's only the ultra forward thinking people like you who view SANFL supporters as outdated. You know, the same ultra forward thinking people that thought having the reserves in the SANFL is / was a good thing for the comp,
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Twitter will work, apparently
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final - Glenelg v Adelaide

LMA wrote:Pretty simple to understand why they have no support. For the Crows to have supporters in the SANFL their members typically over the age of 40 would have to turn their back on their SANFL team.

Of course, this is what most on this forum understood. Unfortunately 6 clubs and Chapman didn't.
by Dogs64
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

I don't mind downloading it while the COVID restrictions are in place.

When the restrictions are over I will cease purchasing the budget unless I can get a hardcopy.

Farting about on the phone to work out who is #22 for the opposition just doesn't work.
by Pseudo
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It costs $2.50 to access the Budget and as far as i know it cant be downloaded only available on phones etc
A joke in the current form Good excuse by the SANFL & Boylen to blame Covid 19 wont stop them printing other publications they have.
by southernbulldog
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Digital wont work, unless it is free.
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would have thunk the online version wouldn't work:

SANFL wishes to advise that the South Australian Football Budget will not continue for season 2020 due to the financial impact of COVID-19 and an ongoing decline in sales.

The Football Budget will be replaced by a 24-page printed SANFL Season Guide which will feature every club’s numbered squad list for the Statewide Super League and Statewide Super Women’s League.

The Guide can be purchased for $2 from Club merchandise stands or canteens on match day from this weekend.

SANFL General Manager Commercial Operations Neal Matotek said an insufficient number of fans had embraced the magazine’s digital edition trial in rounds one and two.

“As SANFL comes to terms with the significant shortfall in revenue caused by the coronavirus pandemic, together with the ongoing decline in print sales, the Football Budget continues to be negatively impacted,” he said.

Mr Matotek said the future of the Football Budget would be reviewed at the end of the season 2020.

Those who have subscribed to a full season of the digital Budget will have their subscription refunded on a pro rata basis. This process is currently underway.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im sure their reasons are valid, and the cost/loss involved might be too big to carry, but losing the Budget feels like a piece of the fabric of the competition is now missing. Nothing new I guess, but a shame nonetheless.

Yes, agree with you. Very sad.

Other things we have lost red behind posts, torpedo punt instead of screw punt, banana kick instead of check side.
Also noticed The Advertiser now publish the teams reading from the back lines instead of from the forward lines.
We also are the only League that has the last touch rule. Get rid of it.

It is a new world even before the new normal of COVID-19.
by Groucho
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when Centrals lost by a couple of goals to the eagles and a number of doggies supporters were going hysterical about how putrid the team is...........they aren't that bad. Yep, although I said nothing at the time, I remember that quote from round 6:-
For all the moaning from some of the Centrals supporters on here I expected to come against a rabble.
I'm not trying to cut into you here but I will go off topic and address a couple of things, at least as I see them.

I'm pretty sure no-one was "going hysterical" about anything, certainly not beyond well expected posting form of perhaps one regular username's 'negativity' which has been ripped into more than once on this forum. Comments from a couple of others at the time about the pending margin, while not entirely fair, probably not that unreasonable given the very large percentage and table gaps. Worth noting that a few supporters from other clubs also had us down for a hiding as well.

Perhaps also worth noting that you and smac were challenged by one of your own fans with the suggestion that Centrals only out-scored the Eagles in the last three quarters due to having two quarters to one "with a five goal gale" - which was a gross exaggeration. (Mid to high 20 k's blowing predominately 10 to 4 across the ground, favouring the southern end by two to three goals at most.)

While under no illusions, I think you'll find that most of our supporter base do understand and accept that this year was for building and learning. 'whufc' has more or less said this directly.

Without recalling the exact words, former SA Footy and Footy SA poster, 'topsywaldron' once made an excellent comment about the importance of self awareness in going forward. I think that's where we're at.

For years, 'northerner' always has presented look for the constructive angle without dolling things up. 'Bulldogproud' always keen to give the lads well deserved applause and not afraid to challenge others when needed. A number of others I could mention from within our own ranks, a number of generously constructive contributions also from other club's supporters - including yourself - which is awesome.

A couple of hard fought wins on the board and a real chance to keep the spoon away from us for a 43rd consecutive year.

Go 'Dogs.
by StrayDog
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thommo prime candidate for the coaching role.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |