Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Israel/Hamas Conflict

I agree that the weapons at each side's disposal are completely inequitable. I also appreciate the way the everyone is making reasonable points in this thread respectfully. It's an assumption, but I don't think such reasoned discussion would happen in some countries. Then of course, perhaps most of us here in Adelaide / Australia have far less stake than people a lot closer to the troubled areas, so we are not so passionate with a single point of view....
by Sploosh
Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Well, that takes care of the only thing from the Fargo series that I was up in the air about, so I maintain that it's definitely a 10 out of 10 show for me.
by Sploosh
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

I think this is absolutely fantastic news. Of course, we'll have to wait and see exactly what the details are in terms of work and dollar values, but it's great. With so much recent gloom and doom about SA's economy this could well give us a turnaround. Even though many/most of us won't have any direct link to benefits in terms of doing an actual submarine job, the flow-ons and general positive attitude ("it's the vibe...") to all of us should be highly beneficial, hopefully even contagious in terms of creating positive economic effects amongst local business.

I had been highly critical of the Liberals faffing about instead of making a decision to back South Australia/Australia, and I'm highly suspicious that if Abbott was still in, he'd have given it to Japan and we wouldn't have seen much work/benefit at all.

But having said that, credit where it's due, Turnbull got it right in the end. I genuinely look forward to hearing some stories of people who keep their job or get a job through the years because of this.
by Sploosh
Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

Also chances will come up in a whole lot of unexpected ways. For instance, lots of new buildings and facilities need to be built now at Osborne, so surely a whole set of building companies/workers will get that work. I still think that the general 'vibe' this creates adds to business confidence and is great for our economy in intangible ways...
by Sploosh
Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |