Search found 984 matches

Return

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

I used to get called a pedo every day. Didn't affect me the slightest.

Well good for you :roll:

If you said that to my face I probably would be the same, wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

Write it in print media or on the internet however, different story and would pursue every legal avenue available to me.

When will some people grow a brain? :shock:
by heater31
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

If something as small as that turns you off being a member then the crows won't miss you

Speaking from my perspective it confirms my decision to turn my back on the club. Started out with salary cap breaches (the CEO should have walked for that one), the reserves issues with the lies and back flips coming out of their offices and finally the marketing department treating the general supporter base like morons with this 19th man concept and the chanting sessions is just the cherry on top
by heater31
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

From an email sent to clubs today:

Both Mitchell Park and Flinders University have experienced a mass exodus of players & or retirements with both clubs going from 3 teams each in 2013 to 1 team each in 2014. Both clubs are in the process of establishing a Memorandum of Understanding which will see them join forces with the Mitchell Park FC competing in the Division 6 and Flinders University in 6 Reserves. Players will be selected on merit and will interchange from one side to the other just as other clubs do from A to B grade and vica verca. Given the late notice, the Division 6 Reserves team will still wear the FUFC uniform to honour sponsorship agreements written before today.

Possibly the best outcome given the circumstances.
by heater31
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

See ball.. hit ball.. what mores he gotta do? I dont care how much he weighs as long as he can score mountains of runs!

it is an interesting question, and im sure even in local sport (footy, cricket, whatever) most of us would know of that guy that was unfit, didnt give a shit about training, but yet came out out on saturday and performed.

the problem is it creates a double standard, whereby cossie is held to a different standard to others. also means when he isnt scoring runs, the spotlight is immediately shone on him.

so if you are scoring runs, everything is fine, but questions get asked when you dont. and by "not scoring runs" i also mean averaging 40, when you should be averaging 50

Funny thing is when Mark was last involved with the SACA setup he performed within the set fitness parameters set by team management.... The double standard was set by the media who wanted him to be cut like Mitchell Johnson!
by heater31
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

You forgot Mr Beefy that I don't like morning C grade games.....
by heater31
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great news

@Jim05 @daysofourlives

Still going to WA :roll: :oops:
by heater31
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Max Klinger Leaves For WA

Purely looking ahead to next year how do people see the immediate impact for the Redbacks of the Klinger vs Cosgrove selection.

Well I think we are going to miss Klinger's ability to compile a double ton over 2 days, but that will be offset by Cossie's ability to be back in the sheds with a hundred before lunch on day 1 ;)

Can't blame Klinger for his decision either, first SACA sack him as captain for a questionable Overseas all-rounder then they bring back an opener that they cast off interstate 4 seasons ago and probably expected him to take less money for it....
by heater31
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Max Klinger Leaves For WA

With Maxy's decision to head West it throws open the back up openers spot again for when Phil Hughes gets taken on paid holidays to overseas destinations to have throw downs
by heater31
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State game??

This thread was about the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League U/23 team that claims to represent the entire state. They also use a guernsey that a few weeks ago was planned to be used by our main South Australian club in the AFL, which at the time was declared sacrelegious and disrespectful.

I asked why it was called a "State Game" and everyone seems a bit defensive.

Firstly, the Crows aren't the "main" South Australian team, they're equals with Port.

Secondly, the team that will play against WA is a team made up of players from all different clubs, representing the state. They aren't one club playing off against another club for premiership points.

But they are not representing the state, they are representing the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League. How many from the Country team will be participating in this "State team"?

Haven't you heard, South Australia ends at the Dry Creek salt pans, the toll gate on the freeway and at the entrance to the southern expressway ;)
by heater31
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

:shock: even the bloody pom understands it yet 95% of PAFC supporters don't :roll:
by heater31
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The tapatalk curse has struck again Q my man you have quoted a post from 2005 :shock:
by heater31
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Hi.. umm we lost our home.. can we come live in here? :lol:

:roll:
by heater31
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Why are we talking about div 6 closure in the div 7 thread? *sigh*

I'm quite happy to talk cricket with PG instead ;)

In the cricket boards or via PM I hope ;)
by heater31
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port v West - Post Game

Went to the game today, what a joke the SANFL has become.
To expect West to compete against the Power is embarrassing really.
AND why is the Port Magpies song played after a win.....
They don't exist anymore.......
I don't get it......
To our President..........
This is what you voted for!!!!!
Absolute joke!!!!!!
For what it's worth, I thought I guys battled hard all day!!

You sir need to go to spec savers, we play the MAGPIES song because we are the MAGPIES

Only if you have black and white glasses on......

The PAFC can tell most of us that this isn't the case until its blue in the face. But non PAFC supporters are not stupid :roll:
by heater31
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

The real question is can he win the free carton of red tins on the channel 9 SAAFL facebook site for lucky player of the round?
The real question to your real question is apart from carey who wants to win a box of red tins? :vom:

Everyone :lol:

If it was a box of red stubbies I would fight Carey to the death....but for tins he can have them :lol:
by heater31
Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North Haven won't look like that FC ;)
by heater31
Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

stampy wrote:why has this game attracted 6 pages? so much for no AFL in the SANFL

A fair portion of that is comparing who had the better forward line in the 80's :shock:
by heater31
Fri May 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!

Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....
by heater31
Sat May 03, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
carey wrote:West End Draught. Can't go wrong

:oops: :oops:

cant go wrong with West End if the only other option is Visitors Beer

Bullshit, WED stubby is awesome, even out of a pint glass at the pub goes alright. The tins are average though
by heater31
Sun May 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of the 1st Qtr

Also I don't think South's coach is unproven. Brad Gotch has coached 3 VFA/VFL clubs and worked at 3 AFL clubs as well. Certainly has experience.
by heater31
Sun May 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

West End Draught. Can't go wrong
:oops: :oops:

cant go wrong with West End if the only other option is Visitors Beer

Bullshit, WED stubby is awesome, even out of a pint glass at the pub goes alright. The tins are average though

This forum has been going for almost 10 years, never truer posts have been written.

My poison of choice for over 25 years.

How good is it at BBQ's when you bring a slab of them.....you know you are going to drink the lot as the rest of the sissys stick to their Stellas :lol:
by heater31
Mon May 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

Looking forward to see how we shape up against the franchise salary cap cheats .

You obviously have proof to back up your claims? I look forward to reading it.

Well when you add up the wages of the AFL blokes I bet you don't get past 2 players before you exceed the opposition's salary restrictions........
by heater31
Tue May 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

receiving a phone call that has a job offer attached which is significantly better than my current situation!!!!

I also rate that I have 50hrs of sickleave and ill be utilising it before I leave that place of employment

50hrs.......I'm currently sitting on 322 hours of sick leave. I need to get myself some sort of 'E-Coli virus' to chew into my leave.

I had 400 hours up until March this year, then used up 64 of them with an ankle reconstruction.....

Yeah I'm having a knee reco in a few weeks time so that will chew up a few weeks.

Enjoy the drugs and do your bloody rehab properly.....

Probably still have more hours to chew up once I get this bloody moon boot off and onto the physio table.....
by heater31
Wed May 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Do you play football to have fun?
Do you like losing?
Do you like it when you get lots of kicks?
Do you like kicking goals?
Do you like it when big kids hurt you?

I think I have an idea of how this survey is going to go...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Will you teach me to football?
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b02c6a6c2d72.jpg

Well just don't complain when you have broketed your nose.... ;)
by heater31
Fri May 09, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Rivalries on SA Footy

Is this really necessary?
by heater31
Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

Feck me 8 games in and they are crying poor us again :shock:

All I will say is I told you so! As a SACA member thanks to the South Australian tax payer for getting us out of debt much faster than if we had to do it by ourselves and rolling in the cash....
by heater31
Sat May 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2014

Feck me, another plus 2000 score and no win for me.... :shock: :( :oops:
by heater31
Mon May 05, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Do all of the VFL clubs have reserves teams? i guess they would. Do they have underage teams though? It doesnt seem like they would given the TAC cup.

Seems like a whole rethink of the structure would be great. Full AFL reserves and U18 comp could make a lot of sense.

I know its what everyone has been saying, but i thought it was worth restating that point.

I think I heard North Ballarat don't have a reserves team there reserves play in the Ballarat league.

16 teams in the VFL 'League' competition.

Reserves is called the VFL development league and only 9 sides play there.

Northern Blues (Carlton in Preston clothing), Williamstown, Port Melbourne, Box Hill (Hawthorn), Sandringham, Werribee (half of North Melbourne play in their League side), Frankston, Casey and Coburg
by heater31
Wed May 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hey bombers I fixed your horrendous quoting for you.... ;)
by heater31
Wed May 21, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

instead of being a pain in the arse on here, go and help your heavily pregnant wife with her light bulbs so she doesn't fall off a chair :?

My god she puts her whole frigging life on facebook!

I work and she lazes around doing Sweet FA....... I'm fat as well I don't get to just laze around want the light globe changed do it ya self I say

You are in more shite than the early settlers if the missus gets hold of this.....;)
by heater31
Wed May 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Miss me? :D

No ;)
by heater31
Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Given the all clear to resume after my ankle reconstruction 2 months ago.....bound to have a brilliant round first up :roll:
by heater31
Thu May 29, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

heater31 wrote:Given the all clear to resume after my ankle reconstruction 2 months ago.....bound to have a brilliant round first up :roll:

93 off the stick which converts to 33 points :)
by heater31
Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

South played the crows state team in the sanfl and they don't have a reserves team so all south reserves were sent back to their local clubs

In that case, just the one major for what most were saying was a prospective draft prospect/career sanfl player isn't that fantastic. obviously the sanfl or at least reserves isn't a great step up from A grade gsfl

He was 2nd game back from a 7 or 8 week injury stint on the sidelines. Cut the kid some slack, dropping down a level isn't as easy as most think especially for a forward. Delivery is more inconsistent than reserves level.
by heater31
Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Dutchy wrote:Any thought of Brighton doing some work on their changerooms/facilities under the grandstand?

Think the cobwebs are holding the building together.....
by heater31
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

So CCL- now that Adelaides beloved Mark Riccuito has come out in the below article, highlighting just how much both Port and the Crows are disadvantaged with the new move to Adelaide Oval, does this change your opinion? Or are Port still crying foul in your opinion, because a CEO with an ounce of business acumen decided to speak up about the disparity?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl-new/mark-ricciuto-adelaide-and-port-adelaide-deserve-more-money-for-bringing-people-back-to-the-adelaide-oval/story-fnlpeek0-1226940398152

If the figures branded about in this article are accurate- shame on the SMA and the SANFL.

Again to both AFL clubs you agreed to this so either shut up or build your own stadium......
by heater31
Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

OnSong wrote:I'm officially a dad as of 5.07am this morning. Had a little boy. Very happy. Very tired.

No more Kooyonga golf trips for
you ;)

*I will still invite you but the leave pass will be denied.....
by heater31
Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

wristwatcher wrote:Any tips for slowing my powerful over zealous sperm

Keep your weapon in your pants ;)
by heater31
Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Will no doubt be spending the next few weeks catching up.. now if only i can stay off SAFOOTY for a while..

@Footy Chick & I can arrange this if you like ;)
by heater31
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
heater31 wrote:The coach can't coach!

They have been clueless ever since Dean Bailey was suspended and forced out for health reasons and unfortunately passing away.

Wasn't he the messiah 2yrs ago? ;)

NFI nor do I care about this incompetent mob from West Lakes.

GC Suns is where its at ;)
by heater31
Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Brag: went to Lords today and watched England Sri Lanka. Lords is amazing. Just walking into the place you get a sense of history.

Was a pretty boring day though, pitch was pretty placid. Seeing Kumar bat for the first time and ton up was great.

I strongly advise to go on the tour there.....although mine was slightly ruined by being there 2 days before the Ashes test last year. Wasn't allowed into the dressing rooms as the players gear had turned up in preparation for the match.
by heater31
Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

fisho mcspaz wrote:I'm glad he isn't, or I'd have to send that one into imgur and then I'd lose my job. He was writing about beetles instead. :lol:

Dung beetles?
by heater31
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

fisho mcspaz wrote:S***, I just looked up the scientific name for dung beetle and it does indeed appear in his research!

We have the trifecta :lol:
by heater31
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

I didn't think we would score a single goal! To have chances to win the game is good enough for me as it shows were are not that bad.

Lacking a world class defender or 2 and some polish in front of the posts. Hopefully some of the bigger resourced clubs take on some of our players to develop them further and be in a good position to take the Asian Cup at home.
by heater31
Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Most young'ns wouldn't know what a johnson is ;)

It's a pink elephant isn't it? ;)
by heater31
Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Right give the little bastards a plank of wood to sleep on and problem solved :lol:
by heater31
Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

@Rising Power

You are exactly right. Anyone who thought these changes would not eventually happen was absolutely kidding themselves. Adelaide and Port Adelaide were always eventually going to enter teams in to the SANFL, as has happened in other states. It was not a matter of if, but when. Contrary to the sooking, paranoia, predictions of the sky falling in, conspiracy theories etc from some, the SANFL lives on and we now look forward to a great run to this year's finals, with nine teams still with a chance of playing finals. The best evidence that the no AFL case is out of steam is the increase in conspiracy theories around here lately, including talk of deliberately inflated crowds and money being put in people's pockets to only promote certain viewpoints. I mean seriously, how dare the media cater for the majority of South Australian Football fans who happen to support Adelaide or Port Adelaide, what a crazy idea that is!

I definitely know of one instance when the AFL told a radio station not to let callers to air that wanted to talk about a certain topic because it was damaging to the AFL. They just threaten the radio stations with taking away their broadcast rights.

It's the same with Crows and Power at the beginning of each season radio stations fight to have a partnership with them, which costs a lot of money. Of course the deal goes both ways and they expect favourable media.

Certainly cost a former AFL coach his radio job with a sports focused station because of his stance on several issues that the AFL didn't like....
by heater31
Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide loses Australia Day match

It's a quarter final not a semi I think

Its the Quarter final that Australia qualifies for......

Test Cricket is thriving in this Country built on the rivalry with some useless pommy gits. Australia pull decent home crowds against most Test Playing nations bar Bangladesh (although we have never played them in a traditional Test Venue in the South during Summer).

We do not need Day night Test cricket. Why change something because the Grubby bastards at Channel Nine want us to. I liken it to Wimbledon allowing coloured clothing on Centre Court it just should not happen!

Pink balls could lead to 'very, very boring cricket
by heater31
Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Peter George off to Qld is the latest. No contract but could do a Ryan Harris and resurrect his career up on the more bowler friendly decks in brissy. Best of luck to him, reckon he was shafted a bit by the redbacks.

The Eagles will miss him, but with a fully fit Kelly, Derham and Cullen and some good youngsters in Williams and Johnson, their bowling should hold up. Batting will again be their problem but a big opportunity for some of the young guys to step up. Don't think they'll see a lot of K Smith this season....

I heard Kelly to Grange?

The Dollarphins are waving the cheque book around again???
by heater31
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

HH3 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:finally, something I can enjoy in this forum that doesn't involve nurses or auto correction

Raggin' on Jews?

No South Park you nong ;)
by heater31
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |