Search found 984 matches

Return

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Brodlach wrote:Crows chasing Hawk Kyle Cheney

Need to replace Petrenko somehow....
by heater31
Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye SAFM

RustyCage wrote:I'm getting old, have moved from Triple J to Triple M

Get a digital radio. Double J....
by heater31
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

gossipgirl wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:Crows get picks 14 & 35
Geelong get 10 & 47

WTF? Is this what they spent 3 weeks on? :shock:

I think we also got a free set of steak knives :shock: :shock: :shock:

Didn't you let Sando take them when he left? [emoji6]
by heater31
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Wipe your mouth money man, you are dribbling.....
by heater31
Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2014/content/story/790137.html

This story put a smile on my face.
Brilliant story. Looks like he wasn't out of place at all letting through minimal byes and taking a ripper catch.

Although couldn't Haddin let him borrow a couple of pairs of inners for extra padding to keep to Mitch?
by heater31
Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

carey wrote:Taylor Swift.

Didn't release she was so hot.

Get in line sunshine ;)
by heater31
Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Who knows what is going to happen with us. Have plenty of performers in the PL so hoping they bring that form back with them ....

On a side note, looks like Prospect have invested wisely with an overseas player again.....he scores a hundred and the rest struggle to match his score!

I reckon adelaide are the dark horses this year. Valente, Neate and Raphael are in good form!
Hopefully Neate brings is radar most weeks and I'm not talking about measuring his speed. Inside the parallel lines please Neateman!

Neate been bowling really quick for Western Grit. Reminds me of young Shaun Tait, can be very wayward, one ball goes for 5 wides, then next nearly knocks blokes head off, gets lots of wickets but can be expensive.

Named in Futures team for game in Tassie next week, reckon if he stays fit could push for Redbacks next year, especially if his rate of improvement keeps going up.

Was talking with a team mate about Neatey just last week has probably closed his chance of first class cricket window by about 4 years as he just trundled in off a few steps. Wasn't until Trent Kelly went to an Adelaide training session last year and told him to step out a proper run up and bend ya back mate! Instantly one of the quickest bowlers in grade cricket. Put Weekes from Port in hospital the next Saturday when he whacked him in the chest.
by heater31
Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Not playing to win until 13 years of age? What a ******* joke. The AFL are ruining the game at all levels
by heater31
Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

stan wrote:CFS volunteers not happy with the ESL increase. Not fighting fires.........

I bet it's because the ESL has risen exponentially yet the funding for the CFS has decreased. Tommy Kosimusless thinks the country folk are stupid......
by heater31
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

bennymacca wrote:cricinfo saying haddin injured and warner with the gloves. anyone watching it?

Twitter has photos of Warner in Haddin's keeping gear. Guessing Gray-Nichols not overly impressed their star player is using rival gear keeping....
by heater31
Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

bubba love wrote:I think your friend needs to get a life FC, let the boys play

But behave like feral animals in a confined space such as an aeroplane?

Have a bit of respect to others :shock:
by heater31
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

Coach Bombay wrote:another one. Nick Stevens of the non women bashing variety bowled out for 0,

6 to go

*alleged
by heater31
Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Three days after having 3 wisdom teeth removed I'm swollen like nobody's business. Getting called Quagmire hy family and friends. Got the whole week written off as sick leave and while living on Nurofen and Forte I can't see myself making the most of having Cup Day AND the day after off.

Shit. :twisted:
Giggity Giggity....
by heater31
Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

SA pick up another home shield game - sort of the Vics have transferred their home game with SA to Glenelg. They don't have an alternative venue available due to the MCG being off limits and can't get Junction Oval either.

is this the next game? when does this start?

wouldn't mind going to have a look at some shield cricket down at the bay
It's in Feb/March next year. All SA's games are already there. Pick up the extra game v Victoria and they also play 2 games in Alice Springs.
by heater31
Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Why didn't they tell us this shit in Religious Education at a coed Catholic School? Might have actually paid attention during that lesson instead of mucking about or completing homework for other subjects that was due later that day....
by heater31
Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

He does have a point that the SANFL could raise the cap if the AFL handed out the cash. Problem is the AFL want to keep the 2nd tier leagues at a huge distance so that they can't become the alternative entertainment to the AFL itself.
by heater31
Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Big Phil wrote:Bruggemann staying at Alberton confirmed...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2756/

What bullshit did they spin to him this time? Maybe they sent S.Summerton around to his house to have a chat....
by heater31
Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Hey, I still use CD's when I go on road trips!

do you have one of these in your lounge FC? ;)

I have been to FC's new pyramid and yes she does ;)
by heater31
Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone know the best place to park when going to see a movie at Palace Nova Cinema on Rundle Street?
If you are heading in from your joint I would park near the Entertainment Centre/Thebarton area catch the tram get off at Rundle Mall and walk the rest.

**** that! Anyone else got any ideas? :lol:
Hey my idea is cheap! Free parking in the back streets of Thebarton, free tram into the city and it cost nothing to walk anywhere....
by heater31
Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Old news Pine Warmer.... :roll:
by heater31
Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

Kasper wrote:Why bring in Worrall, he is a second rate hack, his only claim to fame is playing Mick Malone on Howzat.

Wrong, he drew a cock and balls in pitch last year during a drinks break in a 2nd XI game......
by heater31
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

Is it time for Canberra to get a first class team?

Yes. And kick the Redbacks out. Don't deserve to be in.

Moron...

But he is correct.

The SA redbacks having been the worse sporting team in Australian professional sport over the last 15 years

Though South Adelaide has gave them a run for there money
When the ACT dominate the Futures League Competition for several seasons then there might be some merit in the outrageous statements made in here.
by heater31
Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

and then Pyne, who is in Cabinet is running around trying to save the ABC in Adelaide after sitting in Cabinet and deciding that the cuts should go ahead. and that's forgetting about Juliar Abbott on the eve of the election or is it tony Gillard??

but the ABC chief has then gone and axed all the regional stations. the regional stations affect the farmers etc, who all vote liberal....
Who knows, Pyne might be outspoken in the cabinet meetings regarding the ABC.

Problem is though the MD has tried to hit Tony where it will hurt him most. I'm sure there are some services that are based in Sydney and Melbourne that should be looked at. The ABC should not be a bottomless pit where Canberra just continually throws money at it.
by heater31
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Yank Man wrote:No. Towns are committed to SFL and will have their juniors back in 2015.

:shock:

What has happened to the Edwardstown Junior Sports Club?

They got kicked off their home ground.... ;)
by heater31
Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I rate the gas bill I got today.

quarterly bill (actual reading)

Grand total of $116.00 :D

WINNING! :lol:

WINNING? I don't think so, BUYING, yes.

Pint thanks. :lol:

Me too thanks. ;)
by heater31
Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Someone suggested on FIVEaa that the SACA allow all memberships to be transferable for the game to maximise attendance. They have said it would be a logistical nightmare. How? All that happens is a member gives there card to someone else. It just means that id checks don't need to be performed. What is logistically hard about that? Most supporters and members have been very understanding about the change, it would be nice to repay that understanding.

They don't and have never wanted the riff raff to get into the members :)

Basically the only reason why you wouldn't have transferable tickets
Let enough riff raff in with the last 2 expansions of the membership.....
by heater31
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:One particular teenager that resides at the Boon residence and the state of his ******* room.

I'm pretty sure, certain in fact, that mine never looked and worse still smelt like that!

*WARNING* - Stern Father-Son talk approaching.

Vomit on the floor? ;)
by heater31
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Hey Legs man here is one for you. Believe a few phone calls made today between HFL clubs re a special AGM excluding Echunga for next week where they will vote to kick them out of the league altogether. Lets see what value your injunction does then legs man. Not a lot I would suspect. There are a lot of angry clubs out there. At least Birdwood respected the constitution in their circumstance. Will be an interesting week or so ahead.

If true then its a bigger case of sour grapes than the relegation saga!

Talk about pick up your bat and ball and running home to mummy crying......
by heater31
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Taking Little Miss Boon ( 14 ) to North Haven tomorrow afternoon.....should be interesting.

She hits a baseball pretty well, kicks a ball well and is an excellent dancer so coordination is not a problem. I expect her to go pretty well.

Will be a sight to behold, I'm sure. :lol:
Might show up the old man too ;)
by heater31
Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania v South Australia - Shield

Right as the skipper of the national team said we must continue on to tea....

Personally I think we are 50/50 that this will be going ahead next week. It has really knocked the boys about and if we do play I doubt Tom Cooper will play.

Cosgrove must stand up and repay the faith SACA have shown in him allowing him to move back home.
excuse my ignorants Heater... And i'm sure i'll cop flack for asking (as i should know) but what is your role in the team? I ask only because youve said a couple times "us" and "we"

Redbacks team? Not much apart from a South Australian, a net bowler to a couple of blokes that are contracted/play for my club and after these past few days a caring club mate and friend to those same two blokes. Never got near that level of cricket nor likely to as I'm on the back stretch of my career.
by heater31
Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Johno's wedding well wishes...

I just hope he finds the venue before the bride gets there ;)
by heater31
Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interstingly this morning Steve Smith has been included in all the Capetians chats when Clarke and Haddin have come together
Has to come under serious consideration for the next Australian captain. He now justifies his spot in the team as a first choice player, performs and it's under immense pressure.
by heater31
Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:What do you think civil engineers do when the bridges are built? :)

**** all ;)
by heater31
Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Any chance you will knock off early and squeeze in 9 or 18 holes...

we expect plenty of winners in the gambling room from you for tomorrow

I might get away early, but no chance of 9 or 18...... :(

Has to take little miss to golf coaching first ;)
by heater31
Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

I couldn't care less if Sean Abbott made a comeback to cricket in his club's 5th team and he batted 11 and didn't bowl. To front up in the very next first class match and win your state the game is phenomenal
by heater31
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Johno6 wrote:

the media coverage of it makes me sick though

all they want is to be the first with the best ratings to say they reported it first.

Problem is the media coverage is what the **** want!
by heater31
Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FFA Cup

[quote="whufc"][quote="Jim05"]My understanding is that gate takings are split between both sides at all FFA cup games

What about the thousands in kiosk/beer sales etc

who really cares?

Most of the clubs who need all the coin they can get especially when the have reasonable claim to have gotten the game

Weren't all the games played against the lower clubs played at their home grounds, not Coopers Stadium?

*EDIT*

I think im wrong.

I think they were all played at Coopers, going by the highlight video.[/quote]

Some of the earlier games were definitely at marden, even the Adelaide United ones.[/quote]
Only because the new seating at Hindmarsh wasn't completed. City's home ground was deemed unacceptable.
by heater31
Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

I have a bigger issue with Cricket Australia deciding to create Franchises for the domestic competition.

Also parklands cricketers thinking they can play this form of cricket whilst ignoring the basics of the game.

In short this form of the game should be limited to major domestic competitions with a couple of internationals for the professionals to display the superior skills they have that allowed them to become a professional.
by heater31
Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

Gozu wrote:
RustyCage wrote:That will do nicely.

White, c Hodge, b Laughlin 6

Still a bit hard to cheer on Hodge!

I find it hard to cheer a team representing South Australia wearing blue.....
by heater31
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

woodublieve12 wrote:Putting up 'warning - swooping magpies' sign at work in an area where i have never seen a magpie, as putting up my first sign i get swooped... Cheeky bugger

So you have now finished for the day ;)
by heater31
Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:I rate my early christmas present from the family. Brand new Beefmaster BBQ.

Put it together last night just in time for christmas. Mum brought me a rotisserie kit for it, so a chance to get a small spit happening for boxing day!

I'll save MT79 the trouble.....what time?
by heater31
Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:i bowled 17 straight once, 24 for the day (out of 65)

get around me :D

18 straight (10 maidens in a row) and finished with match figures of 32 overs 18 maidens 4/30. To be fair it was about 20 degrees that day with plenty of cloud cover....
by heater31
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keefy wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I thought that may have been sneaking down leg

Review it then chief ;)

If only they used DRS. Sucked in

Umpiring in this match has been of high standard. Survived a good appeal for caught behind umpire was 100% correct in his decision making.
by heater31
Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

an extra 2 hours in the field today would have made SFA difference for Sydney ... inexperienced decision by Smith, hope he gets away with it though.
Disagree. We only need a draw to win the series. What happens if we bowl ourselves into the ground today going for the win and India get the runs? Risk losing the toss in Sydney with a fatigued bowling group with the series still alive....the media would tear shreds off the captain and bowlers for losing the series from 2 zip up.
by heater31
Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 24 Balls left

Who gives a shit? CA and the MCC got 99% of the 5th day's play in, Australia won the series which is far more important that watching some curry munchers block out 24 balls for nothing.
by heater31
Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:these people who get in the way should be fined heavily as they are also putting peoples lives at risk

There has to be some kind of obstructing emergency services law to emforce

Maybe they can pay a CFS volunteer's Emergency Services Levy.....
by heater31
Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Bushfires

Once again a fantastic job done by the CFS/MFS and other Emergency Services.

CFS are low on numbers so anyone that is fit and willing, go along and join, you will make a difference.

Also about time a number of their fleet were retired and replaced, know they were working in extreme conditions yesterday but listening on the CFS radio a number had to be put out of service due to mechanical problems etc

Maybe the Emergency Services Levy will actually be spent on what it is intended for.....New fire fighting appliances and associated equipment!
by heater31
Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Who's she when she's at home?

Is that that runner that does a little dance before her race?

:shock:
by heater31
Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:
Rogers should've been in close, not Burns. If that'd happened it might've been a different result.

Surely this ends the initiation the debutant gets by being shoved in a short leg, unless he is a specialist in that spot and is better than the incumbent in that position.
by heater31
Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple J's Hottest 100

Hopefully this bites Triple J management in the arse. They were accused of trying to manipulate artists to have certain sound to get air play.

For the record I loved listening to BBC Radio One when I was driving around the UK in 2013. They play Taylor plus numerous other 'commercial' artists. I still subscribe to the Radio One spotify lists and enjoy listening to tastes from the other side of the world. I bet most Australians don't realise it's us that test the water for the most European summer hits.

And like Hondo's mate Taylor is my hidden guilty music pleasure. I was fuming that she removed her entire catalogue from Spotify :oops: just don't look in my YouTube history ;)
by heater31
Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |