Search found 988 matches

Return

Re: I need to know....

dedja wrote:Justice done ... the police officer has been found not guilty in the Shahin case.

Judge fires both barrels at the DPP and Senior Police for wasting his and members of the jury time.
by heater31
Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Got stuck behind 4 old blokes for 6 holes who took forever and didn't think to let me play through, i'll blame those holes on the frustration boiling over from the seniors making me wait minutes for each shot ;) .

That is in my top 3 of pet hates on public courses. Failure to rake bunkers and repair pitch marks are the other 2 :twisted:
by heater31
Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:After the shooting years ago in the city involving the newspaper deliverer, did anyone else boycott the servo on Richmond rd?? United I think it is

oh yeah, what was that guys name?

Paul Nemer, family still own the servo too....
by heater31
Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

CoverKing wrote:Does that mean Shaun Tait may get a look in again?

Would rather the Big Shrek Lawford play in front of him. Tait is not a Shield bowler anymore sadly.
by heater31
Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

change from the soccer bashing, but it gives me the shits that i dont get a public holiday for ANZAC day. as its a saturday we dont get a weekday off. its ******* unaustralian. boxing day is on a saturday, and we get the monday off this year, how is that more worthy than ANZAC day??? i cant properly remember the diggers without a day off to sink piss. WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE DIGGERS!!!!

Yes plenty of people will think of them at about 6.15 am that morning ;)
by heater31
Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenn BIG show Maxwell

Ok then guys, then what do you say of the 95 he made?? Is he still a pretty shit player?? Hmmm me think not.
That's just a fluke to deflect attention away from his failures. Needs to develop consistency and produce under extreme pressure a la Andrew Symonds in 2003. If he failed in that innings I think he would have struggled to get another game for Australia.

Maxwell just needs to find something between his ears and use it. Not have brain fades leaving one on middle.....
by heater31
Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did I hear it correctly, that Jay Weatherill wants to change our timezone???

is he serious??

is it April 1st??
I don't have a problem moving forward to Eastern states time, IMO it makes sense but to go back to WA time is ludicrous
There is a reason Central time exists....geographically we are central! If dickheads in offices can't work out to add half an hour they should be sacked.

The USA is only a few hundred kilometers wider than us yet they have 5 time zones.....
by heater31
Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australians have no clue on how to drive on a motorway/expressway type of road. I learnt this fact within hours of driving on roads overseas....
by heater31
Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Footy Chick wrote:The eagerness of the new employees that have started here today.

Are you running sweeps on when they are just an empty shell much like the old hands of the place? ;)
by heater31
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Loving the Foxtel/9 hybrid commentary too.

TV rights is by some Indian mob contracted by the ICC. Their camera work yesterday was woeful at the MCG, Lost all camera feeds bar one at long on and Nine had to throw back to Nicholas and Lee/Healy in a Studio. It also sounded like the commentators were not even at the ground but doing it from the front Bar of the Cricketers Arms on Punt Rd :shock:
by heater31
Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA @ Gliderol Stadium

cossie heard that the orange spot was closing at 2 and didnt want to miss out.

all jokes aside its because he is like me - a fat unfit bastard and therefore runs out of puff ffs!

Made the stand a few years ago we wouldn't put up with it while he was putting up anything other than above average performances then threw that away. Lost Klinger to bring him back and now Botha. Incidently would have thought Botha striding out at 7 or 8 would have been handy. I do understand if he won't be there then get time into Zampa as a bowler and Head as a captain but I think the price we've paid for Cosgrove is just not worth it when you take everything into account.
My take on the Cosgrove overseas situation is he signed for SA before even considering his English Passport deal. He then took that deal then informing SACA of his need to be the 'overseas' player. Botha doesn't sees he's forced out weather he wanted to continue or not as he is out of contract.

Season 2014/15 is a complete shambles!

On a brighter note, good to see Tom Cooper post a decent score. Hopefully he continues to build on that for everything he's been through the last 3 months.
by heater31
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If New Zealand were ever to win a World Cup this is the one they will win. Once in a lifetime generation of talent at their disposal plus most games in home conditions.
by heater31
Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Take it home and leave it in a stupid spot there....the back lawn perhaps? If she has a crack at you for that then casually drop at least I never left it in car park!
by heater31
Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

So where to for the Redbacks now?

After a fantastic start to the Shield season we've managed to sack the captain, seemingly lose a coach and sink to the bottom of the table.

And in a totally unrelated move they started playing more games at Glenelg....... [emoji38]
Mark Cosgrove is running 2nd to mouse in the Glenelg FC time trials ;)
by heater31
Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being stupid enough to sign up for University again via Open access...... just got emailed a list of class resources required for the semester and not yet half way down the A4 page and its already up to $200 :shock: :roll:
by heater31
Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015

by the time sunday night rolled around I was having a chunder near the food trucks (snuck jager in ;) ) and this absolute glamour came up and offered me water and some chips..... 10 mins later I was getting a pash from her and organising a date for next Tuesday haha a mate witnessed the whole thing and could not believe his eyes haha quality times :)

Well she has seen your low point......only upward from here [emoji38]
by heater31
Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm switching my phone off ;)
by heater31
Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Tas at Glenelg

can someone tell me how ludeman can bat like a man posessed in the bigbash and turns into chris tavare back at shield level????
20 not out off 120 odd balls is exactly what we need when the top 3 were back in the pavilion without troubling the scorecard......occupying the crease and making the bowlers bowl to you not making silly mistakes.

Yes scoring may be slow but he is not giving his wicket away easily. Only bowlers after him.
by heater31
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no ******* kidding?!

You can't expect a bloke to come in at 7 and try and hit every ball over cow corner

That's all he did in the big bash, batted like a para districts cricketer but got lucky and was helped by flat decks, field restrictions, hard balls and tiny boundaries

Can't even come close to comparing the two
Also don't see Glen Maxwell leaving one on middle in the Shield either ;)
by heater31
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bd u15 09 wrote:Ferg tons up!

Need 64 off the last 16 overs. 4 an over

Surely

Alex Ross has to be dropped for the next game! Spud of the highest order....

anyway excellent move by Trav here sending in Adam Zampa.

5/264

Ferg 108 (174)
Zampa 30 (25)

25 more off nine overs 8-[
by heater31
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Jase wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Foo Fighters tonight

Northen end, cant see the circular stage cos of the damned mixing desks...

W@NKERS...

;)

I can coz I'm next to the sound desk ;)
by heater31
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where Are They Now ?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What about we make it for the October long weekend and combine it with FCs housewarming which hasnt been on yet......

Hopefully her ceiling is patched up and painted by then ;)
by heater31
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I clean forgot they hadn't finished Monkey Wrench they went off on a tangent for so bloody long!
by heater31
Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Is this still going?

Nearly there.....no more practice matches involving Scotland, UAE or England ;)
by heater31
Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

I didn't know that empathy was a finite resource.

I find it difficult to feel any empathy or pity for these guys and then feel the same way about children who have battled and not made it - maybe its levels of empathy but the way I see it - as much as I disagree with it - death penalty is the maximum punishment for drug smugglers in Indonesia - has been this way for as long as I have been around and is 100% avoidable - don't smuggle drugs - its that simple IMO.

I read the article on the boy from the Barossa in the weekends paper and had a lump in my throat - I don't know him or his family but to have his life cut so short is the real tragedy. Again this is only my opinion and for what its worth I am against the death penalty and if they get to live than that is good but if they die then I personally will not feel the same way as I do when others pass.
Phil Hughes.....

Christ it was tough watching Dave Warner on 60 minutes last night.
by heater31
Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Tony Clifton wrote:Carl Tight Jeans the key tomorrow I reckon. Needs to get 4-5.

Tight Jeans struggled..... 1 fa and 11 no balls......lucky it wasn't a 1 dayer :shock:

TTG well deserved. Chased down 400 in the minor round then chased in the GF.
by heater31
Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

Rumour that there might be more positive tests to come involving players from other clubs!
Heard today that two players from two differant Vic clubs tested positive to the same drug. Keep hearing that one is from Carlton and the other a Saint.
Apparantly both blokes lived with the two from Collingwood for a period of time
Someone has bought a dodgy supplement and hasn't told the club me thinks.....
by heater31
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Very good assessment from the non biased point of view (well mostly...) Don't let the Advertiser get hold of these they may give you a job and commence their brainwashing.
by heater31
Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Tasmania cut Jonathon Wells, Tim Van Der Gugten and and Michael Hill.
by heater31
Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Stuff the registration requirements! Who cares. We've got a spot for a team. A couple in fact. We've got a club which can field a team and wants to play. Whats the problem? Pragmatism pls.

And I have heard of other clubs which did not meet the requirements and are in.

Seems to me, the SAAFL have got a very defined agenda to remove Wingfield from their competitions.
They were given dispensation for 1 season to be a 1 team club. Which was season 2014.......
by heater31
Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Well I rate my achievement that took 9 months as well. (and 2 attempts)

My old house is finally SOLD. [emoji14]artyman:

Paying 2 mortgages on a moderate single income for over 12 months isn't something I'd recommend to anyone.

Thank **** for that! [emoji38]

Your shout moneybags ;)
by heater31
Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richie Benaud passes away

At 84 it was a good knock from Richie. Surely his narration of The life of Phil Hughes takes on more signicance now as it was probably his final cricketing act?
by heater31
Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 and all that it brings

Can anyone remember why the Suns sacked their coach? Pathetic first 2 efforts thus far :oops:
by heater31
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day

If ANZAC day falls on a Saturday then no issue at all. Play it as it comes. Some Country Leagues have their round 1 on ANZAC day and usually a grand final rematch.

What I have issue with is clubs hijacking the regular program when the day falls in the middle of the week. Amateur clubs are only penalising themselves as the do not have the resources or player commitment to recover for the following games.
by heater31
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/tom-triffit-tasmania-tigers-sheffield-shield-deal/2015-04-14

Tasmania finalise their squad. With Riley Meredith and Tom Triffit sorting himself out after being asked to leave the WACA 18 months ago.
by heater31
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ouch.......$60 per item

So if you've got something potentially worth over $1000, you'd be too stingy to pay $60 to ensure its valued and insured correctly?

The dilemma I have is I have no idea what they are worth. Currently contemplating purchasing more items for the collection and if I do get them I think I will need to get a valuation done. At the moment the item I consider the best piece I can't do any research on the internet as it doesn't exist. Also have another item that I think I can't place a value on at present as it is from a recent event and I have purchased it for its uniqueness and in years to come will only increase in value.
by heater31
Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Isn't Luke Williams also coaching one of the junior state squads? He's probably content remaining an assistant/A's coach at grade level.

Southern District coaching position?

Northern Districts coaching position?

What's happening with the premier league coaches? Staying the same?

PL will take a different shape this year. They will scrap the 20/20 comp and all games will be played prior to Grade cricket round 1.

Unsure on PL coaches :D Id say Cammo would still be doing the Edge
Will be an interesting year for the Premier League as this is the final year of the initial trial, those that 'sold' the first concept are no longer there. Would love to see the cost benefit analysis in regards to our performance at First Class level ;)
by heater31
Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Young lads not backing it up on End of season trips......plenty talked a good game but when the crunch came on night 2 offered nothing.......
by heater31
Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Young lads not backing it up on End of season trips......plenty talked a good game but when the crunch came on night 2 offered nothing.......
that's the standard with this generation... if you can't back it up, you shouldn't come.

Bloody oath. It seems to happen on every trip.

Thankfully it hasn't happened to me... yet. The day I feel I can't mix it with the best is the day I quit drinking altogether.

Mayor of Struggle street today though..... :oops:
by heater31
Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coach Bombay wrote:How do you remove U2's tripe off your iphone?

Buy an Android ;)
by heater31
Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This one might be one for Psyber
but do you need chicken pox booster shots? Had one in in 2003 when it first came out, haven't worried about it since.....
It's not my field of expertise, as I never practised as a GP.
I've never had Chicken Pox, nor any immunisation for it, but I do have antibodies to it.
That suggests I had some sub-clinical exposure to it in my childhood without getting ill, and that the antibodies last a long time..
(Same with Mumps.)
That seems an acceptable enough answer.
by heater31
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

From my perspective it's either back half an hour or no change. Seriously considering leaving the state if we move it forward. Never been to Perth before......
by heater31
Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Spargo wrote:Fantastic stout weather...

Yep Guinness in the fridge....
by heater31
Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

I cant think of many ovals as big as Largs that I've played on.

St Marys is wider, but not as long.

I've never personally played at Salisbury.

reckon st marys is longer as well..probably not a lot of difference..
Salisbury longer by 5m approx according to property assist satellite images. St Mary's wider by approx 10m

Only a rough estimate as the image was taken in the summer configuration of both ovals.
by heater31
Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Looking at "Luke's" Facebook page and instagram account it'd be pretty safe to say he's a Port fan and even safer to say he's a dickhead.

People are making assumptions because his most recently "liked" club is North Melbourne but he's also liked Freo, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Adelaide as well as 4 Power pages. He has multiple pics up of Port triumphs but none of other clubs wins. Even was keen on a Port trial game earlier this year.

Looks like he plays for Hackham who wear brown and gold ironically!

And if you look at his Instagram account he's also friends with a current Crows supp. list player and former Freo player who thought the whole thing was a good laugh.
The guys a drop kick.
So in short a cockhead from Hackham......
by heater31
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Early minute (hour and a half) on a friday - YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOO!

Dislike.....
by heater31
Fri May 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: playing the acoustic guitar

Footy Smart wrote:Anyone got any tips for a musical novice starting to play the acoustic guitar? I’ve just bought my first one and keen to hear if anyone else plays and has any suggestions. Ill be teaching myself no lessons.

You tube is your friend......
by heater31
Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Crows can gefugged, play on Friday night or forfeit the game you bunch of carnts.

Even if we wanted to, I don't see how we could move the match, there are too many pre-organised things in terms of running the matchday.

Even if we could, it would be nice if for just once our club could tell them to f*** off.
If there is a mandatory 5 day break between matches under the agreement then how do Essendon & Collingwood go with ANZAC Day matches where sometimes it's 3 days......
by heater31
Sun May 03, 2015 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |