Search found 988 matches

Return

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Was it cool upstairs though?

Yeah, I thought it would struggle big time, all our bedrooms were upstairs, no one needed to sleep downstairs at all during the summer.
South Australia is the best location for a Swampy. One of the most efficient cooling systems given the right conditions.
by heater31
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:48.4° in Ceduna, just broke the record set in 1990.

Evaporative wouldn’t cut it there!
There also a little tougher out west than a bunch of metro pansies [emoji6]
by heater31
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The whole KAK vs Yumi Stynes argument....
Yet KAK is labeled a racist yet there has been aboriginal people speak up in support of her.....
by heater31
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Burns has been involved in 3 of Australia’s last 4 partnerships of 250+
So do we bring back Davy....... Nah.

Why not, I'm sure he's learned his lesson and will be nothing like the abhorrent cancer he was before his 'time off'. Nup that **** can earn selection in the Shield. He starts further back in the pecking order than the other 2.
by heater31
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

What brainless dickhead in Perth thinks they are going to get away with walking out of the locker room with a Tour Only putter under their arm?

Wade Ormsby's spare putter has gone from the locker room overnight
by heater31
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Adelaide ended up 269

Sturt 4/73. Valente has 3

Heard there was some interesting things happening at the end of the day at Glandore??

Sturt (the twins again) complained about racial vilification. Brad Davis went to umps (two senior ones luckily) who said there was nothing in it and get on with the game.

The twins are starting to get a reputation for whinging, even had to get Tim Nielsen involved down in Hobart during State champs once when supposedly getting bullied by own teammates.

They need to grow up a bit, this is 1st Grade cricket and now all the teams know they are so easy to rattle, they will cop even more. What I heard the Adelaide boys were saying to them was just cricket banter and quite funny, and the distraction forced the wicket, so it worked. They are going to cop it even worse in the future and the higher up they go now. Seems one of them took offence to being asked are they both happy at Sturt....
by heater31
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

carey wrote:Female cricketers are playing for the Ashes, What Ashes are they playing for?
Burnt bras [emoji6]
by heater31
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I did tune into that earlier.

But anyone know why the LPGA event in NSW finished at 1.30??

The cyclone maybe??? IDK.

actually it is the LET,

Think it was to get television coverage on Fox Sports leading into the LPGA Thailand event.....
by heater31
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I redacted the first comment as its an SAFooty stooge tagging his family, but this comment made me lose my shit. [emoji38]

Capture.JPG

that an safooty poster??? I very much like ladies, but he's a good looking rooster
Are you a bus driver? Tickets Please [emoji6]
by heater31
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

The Dark Knight wrote:Vance Joy tonight, RHCP Sunday and Millencolin/Goldfinger on Monday night, bring it on.
Amy Shark as well tonight before Vance.
by heater31
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Had a hit at Flaggy yesterday, they have a $20 per round special each Monday, the best bit is they keep it going even on Public Holidays, cant beat that value! Greens are in really good nick, can tell they have been pouring the water into them at the expense of the fairways that badly need some rain, as does their dam near the 7th, its so dry you can see thousands of balls down the bottom that have been lost over the years!
Not the only dry course around!

The lads have booked us in for The Vines this weekend.
Interested to see the changes they made around the place No such moisture issues at West Lakes [emoji6]
by heater31
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

Jeez thought this was only a move the Redbacks would do.....

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/c ... b877915141
by heater31
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting game of cricket at TTG. Gullies fought hard but was undone by adelaide cheating woth the ball. M. Nobes has his wrist taped up and something seemed fishy as he was the main ball shiner. Might have to take this up with the bird of grade cricket. If guilty, this is a terrible thing ok adelaide. Didn’t help with the big red head fast bowler Ben Backwardson bowling short and wide to the 2 openers when trying to defend a small total Someone from TTG has sour grapes [emoji6]

Stinking weekend for the Bulls all senior grades lost!
by heater31
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Brodlach wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:A big signing out at Goodwood!!!

Former Essendon player Luke Lavender
Hopefully they've stiched up sponsorships from medical professionals and suppliers.....
by heater31
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Eagles' fans aren't that bad....

Freo fans on the otherhand....

I'll cop it from the reigning premiers, I wouldn't from some mob of wharfies. 8)
Too much a like eh? [emoji6]
by heater31
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beers

carey wrote:Certainly would be interesting to have a chat with fellow posters in person as we all have a preconceived idea of posters.

Thus far I’ve been wrong every time. Even Daisy is a good bloke! ;)
Nope Carey is a **** [emoji6]
by heater31
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

Brett wrote:I dont see the point with this anymore. Applaud your initial stance but move on.
Bit rich coming from someone being alarmed at a club booking a private function instead of hosting an after match function. Get with the times and move on...
by heater31
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

******* **** of a game!

Par +2 at the turn and dish up absolute shit coming home to finish -1!
by heater31
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

whufc wrote:Who has the magic key, the magic formula to change this?

That's easy.....the individuals who continuously engage in this behaviour need to stop and think of the consequences of said actions!
by heater31
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:
HH3 wrote:First good day at work in a decade.

New job?
We can only hope....
by heater31
Thu May 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Umpires are the worst players/coaches.

I used to umpire netball but was the worst for arguing with umps - even got a game supsension once because I told one she was so bad I'd make sure she never umpired again [emoji38]
Not surprised at this for some reason [emoji6]
by heater31
Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:First ump pay of the season coming into my account and it’s more than I thought I was getting for the first month. Giddy Up!
Your buying on Friday afternoon then....
by heater31
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

FYI the ATCA have a 30 minutes before stumps which equates to approximately 6 overs.

Smart skippers would declare a minimum of 31 mintues before stumps and the opposition don't get a choice...
by heater31
Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carins

Carey,

Head to the pub on a Friday afternoon, don't take the missus or the kids......bikini waitresses in the front bar [emoji6]
by heater31
Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA 2019 Draft Watch

Hosie to the Roos spargo

The kid’s a gun, can’t blame him & I wish him all the best. Not North Melbourne’s fault either - it’s the system that’s f#cked.
You can’t replace talent like him. The Bays are the only ones who lose here... Also a big middle finger to a previous coach of his who now babysits B grade AFL players every week.....
by heater31
Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Sth Africa ticking over ok. But you do feel a wicket could fall anytime

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Faf needs to ton up for any hope!
by heater31
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WE win by 15 runs. Great comeback from a shaky start. Finch captained well, Carey kept well, fielding was good.

Good if not great batting depth was a significant factor. Starc and Cummins great bowling, 7 wickets at 4.5 runs is a great combo.

Man of the match NCN for his batting performance. Highest ever score by a number 8 in the world cup and I think I heard second highest ever. Also batting credit to Smith and Carey. They took enough sting out of the Windies bowlers to get some momentum and allowed NCN to take a bit of a risk and put the pressure back on them.
by heater31
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep. At the very least, bring the Bangers down to Darwin, Cairns and Townsville for tests next winter.
3 venues that should never host Test Cricket. Keep them for T20's if anything. Australia is probably the only Test playing nation that could host international matches at anytime of the year.

How else are we going to play the developing nations as we aint inviting them for a Boxing Day Test match!
by heater31
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Surely Bernie gets fined for tanking???

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I believe he is.....
by heater31
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indian fans watching on TV whinging about an incorrect TV graphic being shown moments before MSD was run out...... is there anything these sports fans don't complain about?
by heater31
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Yeh the Birk and the Admiral are good. We're in Semaphore, so have plenty of options around. JK, we did eat there a couple years ago and it was better value, maybe a new chef, or management?

The Lighthouse has a new chef I think.

Been to Pirate Life? Thursday > Sunday there's food trucks there for decent burgers etc or they do "bar food" over the bar. Apparently the low and slow toasted sandwich goes alright.......
by heater31
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the slow cooker with onions & tomatoes...... served with a gravy & mash. Oh and garlic bread.
Nice, I've tried a few different methods and they're all awesome.

I can't believe butchers used to give them away for practically f*** all.

How about Spare Ribs, they too were thrown away and are now around $20 a kilo. My dad in the 70’s and 80’ use to buy them for 49 cents a kilo. My favourite food just about.

Just then pulled off the smoker a $22 per kilo beef short rib.......my god that good I'm signing up to be a vendor at the Beer & BBQ festival next year!
by heater31
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:Ive got a yapping sausage that would give them a run.

How'd you get yours to yap? Mine just sits there all limp and lifeless most of the time.
You're not stroking it correctly.....
by heater31
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
carey wrote:He leaves me for dead.

No full strength beers on Jetstar WTF! :twisted:

Headed to Avalon again mate?

[emoji38]

Fair dinkum, nothing gets forgotten on this site, you **** one goat.....
Bit like the case of mistaken identity of a particular statue outside Adelaide Oval.......
by heater31
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

whufc wrote:The only move left to complete the horses for course side would be to see Labaschagne come in for Khawaja.

Rather refreshing to be honest.

Only thing that was against Marnus was his 1000 runs was in division 2 of the County Championship. If he had scored it in Div 1 he would have been picked
by heater31
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Let it go gents. Only fishing and you SFL bkokes are taking the bait
by heater31
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Selections done
Finance approved
Settlement tomorrow
Builders interview 3rd Sept

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You're missing council approval [emoji6]
by heater31
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Cove Football Club is very excited to announce the appointment of Bradley Crabb, as the senior A Grade coach for the 2020 season and beyond. Bradley is a former captain and has over 200 games of experience at the South Adelaide Football Club. You can come meet the new coach this Thursday night at presentations at 6:30pm. Please come and welcome Bradley, and help us congratulate him to his new position.
Welcome aboard!

Please also note - all advertised coaching positions are still open until 1st September 2019.

Plaing coach?
4 pointer or has he played 30 games at Cove ?

unless he played junior footy there it's zero points. That rule hasn't changed has it? Cove is Crabby's local club when he moved up from KI. Might have played a handful of games each season until he became a league regular.
by heater31
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would the % of interstate/overseas players in the competition have increased or decreased over the last 10 or 20 years?

Interesting reading about how the Darwin competition is struggling. Over reliance on imports who disappear prior to finals. Tough for clubs to afford the costs of these players. Not enough juniors coming through.
Probably since the Redbacks have been ordinary over the past couple of years the fringe players from other states probably feel like they'll get a better opportunity here, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of promoting of any young talent from SA (exception of Pope last year)?
Speaking of the Darwin comp, sad to hear that Waratah are likely to fold after this season after 63 years. Shame that this can happen and hopefully a lifeline comes from somewhere.
I see there are a couple of young lads from SA playing up there. Not a bad option instead of going to the UK.

Warratah just not going to field a First Grade team next season. Continuing in all other grades.

Shame though as Gardens Oval is a billiard table during the cricket season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
by heater31
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Isn't it interesting about the lack of swing out there this series in England. The English bowlers have always been able to get to the ball to really talk out there whilst Broad found a bit that seemed more natural swing earlier in the day.

I'm just wondering where has all the swing gone? Everyone is shit scared of continuing the usual tactics because someone got caught.....
by heater31
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where's the GF?

ROOBOY18 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:**** joke

Which part? Looks pretty reasonable to me.

Elizabeth having to play a 10am game at Kenilworth after being told it was at Salisbury.
**** me how will you blokes cope???
by heater31
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:Been given the arse.
To quote a South official, “He’s an absolute cancer.”

Thats why I asked before why he still played ? If that bad why not get rid of him before . Sounds like double standards ?
Sounds like a contract was in place....
by heater31
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard the council was peeved that cove didnt join div 7 ammos so theyve given them the ass

No hope of winning games so no hope of of flourishing revenues :)

This is not constructive to the current situation the club finds itself in. Consider this your first and only warning.

Pull your head in and don't go fishing for reactions
by heater31
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

whufc wrote:Is Usman Qadir the player that was playing with Western Australia and potentially looking at Australian citizenship.
Given the death of his father and both of their previous comments of the Pakistani hierarchy in the media, I think a massive olive branch has been extended to the family
by heater31
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I know 3 teachers, 2 here and 1 in Melbourne.
None are even close to $120k.

One of them has been a teacher for 20 years. Leadership teachers (Principals and Deputy) aren't far off that. Regular teachers in the metro area would be $80-90k. Country teachers might be on bonus payments and staff in disadvantaged schools.
by heater31
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Lightning McQueen wrote:
LMA wrote:Members day would be good. Big screen outside for a Sunday away game :drinkers:

Just need to find a beer that they make that I can stomach.
The Port Local Larger goes ok.
by heater31
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Bloody stupid question I know so apologies in advance. We're about to piss off Foxtel and get Netflix. Is it easy to set up? What do you need to do to set it up? We have just purchased a pretty flash brand new TV with the netflix on it so I gather that will make it easier? That gets delivered tomorrow. If you have a smart tv with Netflix installed all you need to do is sign up with Netflix....
by heater31
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Dutchy wrote:slap on the wrist, dont do it again and play on IMO
If this was a public servant working in the relevant minister's department approving grant applications and failed to disclose such information they would be sacked. Why should MP's be any different?
by heater31
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Overnight our dog Poppy, one of our two beautiful Australian Shepherds, passed away suddenly. She was 13 and a half, and dog with a real character and personality.

She had experienced some mobility issues with her hind legs in the last couple of months, and it was particularly bad last night, but there were no signs of anything more serious health-wise. I woke up during the early hours of this morning and went to check on her, only to find her downstairs, lying on her side, and 'sleeping' with her eyes open. I'm not sure how she died, but I presume her failing back legs may have had something to do with it. I only hope that it was sudden, and that she didn't suffer. I guess it was her time.

Sometimes I'd I wonder how I would deal with an inevitable day like today, and I must say I'm a lot worst than I thought I'd be, constantly fighting back tears which seem to come in waves after periods where I think I'm OK. I think it'll take a while for my wife and I to adjust.

Poppy had a great life, and was a wonderful companion. Rest in peace, my little furry, fluffy friend. Makes me feel even worse for the absolute bake I handed out yesterday morning to my missus' dog after being busted scavenging out of the bathroom bin. Felt bad immediately and apologised as I fed her and left for work. Come home yesterday to be greeted like nothing had happened.

Sorry for your loss Magellan
by heater31
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just heard a segment that Hit brekky had with Cosi and bec who had Lucy on....

She just blamed her 'feisty side' and barely apologised....

Cosi is too forgiving for his own good.

I was hoping he'd just sue them.

Might've taught the Cornes' to shut up Also her current clientele should take their business elsewhere
by heater31
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |