Search found 988 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

So lets have a bye in all 4 grades of football (plus minis) and 9 grades of netball so that 5 players can play in a who cares weekend! :roll:

Or you could do what the Western zone do on this weekend play their u/17 carnival instead of June allowing the Landmark cup for the A graders to be expanded beyond just a couple of token games spread throughout the day.....

Would make more sense. At least somebody would be playing footy.

Also gets everyone in the same place for your SANFL zone reps to gather and identify talent.

June Landmark cup then plays more meaningful games to help select players for the Zone championships, then that same weekend the u/17's play their carnival so they get more game time as well. Footy is the winner out of all of this....
by heater31
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Buying concert tickets for people only for them to pull the pin on the day of said concert. And, do you think money has exchanged hands for said tickets........NO!!! Now, I have to unload* ticket myself so I am not stuck with it and no $$$$$. This sh!t grinds my gears, I want to kick puppies in the face when sh!t like this happens!!

Lesson here is get the cash up front or it is get your ******* own ticket :evil:
by heater31
Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Metro U18s

If Caleb Daniel is not drafted then the game is officially rooted....

Plays beyond his years and gets to the right spots every time.
by heater31
Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Then you woke up and changed hands....;)
by heater31
Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:true, but you don't come out publically and say you wont pass on the savings

surely that's bad for business

Have you seen that peanut that is in charge of the whole show??? I'm not surprised at this at all. How can you trust a bloke that has held high ranking positions at several major airlines...
by heater31
Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm pretty sure I heard on a radio flash that there is some concern that childrens human rights are being neglected when they get sent to the naughty corner? :lol: :lol:

its front page of the Advertiser!

and kids don't deserve Human Rights - in the sense of the naughty corner

My 2yo spends half his life in the naughty corner. Little shit is testing out his boundaries at the moment

Only 16 more years of testing to go :lol:
by heater31
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Tell me about it!

I have been told I have the right to join him and the lads on his first night into town. I'll show 'em.... :lol:

Red Square Boon, is a real eye opener these days :shock:

Black Market for these metal/punk heads, which is fine with me.....

Well there is win number 1 avoiding the circus of that place :lol:
by heater31
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

I don't understand that its front page news Ian Thorpe is gay.

Whats going to be on the front page of the Sunday Mail next week, headlines announcing the sky is blue?

This could also go in the shits thread too!

*Disclaimer - not that Ian Thorpe is gay but the storm surrounding it. I don't really care that he has done this as in hindsight hopefully it will help him with his mental health issues. Yes he has just confirmed what many people thought for years, move on ladies and gentlemen so we can all get on with our lives, Ian included.
by heater31
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Tomorrow is MOVING day.

Believe it or not!

surely the moving truck will get a flat...

Thank Christ I don't have to fix that :shock:
by heater31
Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From SA Police News. Are people this fu***d?

Police are investigating an aggravated robbery involving the theft of doughnuts at West Croydon – were you in the area and did you see anything which might assist?

About 9.40pm last night, two teenage boys got into their car on Malcom Street, having just bought six boxes of doughnuts from a business on Port Road, when a man approached them and threatened them with what looked like a knife.
The suspect demanded the victims remain in the car while he opened the rear passenger door and stole the doughnuts before running off. The victims were not physically hurt and the robber did not demand anything else.
The suspect, described as a man of Caucasian appearance, approximately 165cm tall, 16-20 years old, wearing a black hooded jumper and black trackpants, was last seen heading south on Malcolm St.

Police urge anyone with information about the robbery to contact Crime Stoppers

People have no respect these days for others or themselves.....
by heater31
Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

carey wrote:This Ali is terrible I'd rather Michael Beer! :shock:

Better known for his batting at county level....
by heater31
Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:Tell them their systems are shithouse ;)

Pen a letter.... ;)

Then don't send it to anyone..... ;)
by heater31
Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Heard Kilburn and Blackfriars had meeting last week re amalgamation of the 2 clubs

Why would Blackfriars be interested in that move?
Facilities.. Massive upgrade from where they are now.

Yes but it takes them further away from their spiritual home of the school.....

Would be better off staying away from the circus that is the Kilburn FC.

Suppose this is the northern version of the Pulteney & Glenunga merger that gets thrown around every few years because of facilities....
by heater31
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fights and robberies at the Krispy Kreme store lol

People lined up at 3am

Even funnier is the fact that the Charles Sturt Council have issued $21,000 in parking fines around KK since it opened 7 days ago.

Well they'll be laughing anyway ;)

Drove past it today still a line up of cars out onto the road :shock:

Feck me what is the attraction to these average tasting doughnuts :?
by heater31
Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

I cannot believe how selfish Scared Heart College is.... Gregson is an out for Glenelg to play school football.. What benefit is this to either Gregson or Glenelg.. About time the SANFL stood up to the Colleges.
Sacred Heart probably have a better team.
True, but better for his development to play league football against men.

And the sooner these stuck up colleges realise this and stop worrying about bragging rights against rival schools the better....
by heater31
Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hangover Cures

Gatorade is your friend....and panadol :lol:
by heater31
Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

HH3 wrote:Just saw on FB that Junior Valleys has been born and both mum and bub are doing well

Typical blokes delivery of announcing a birth. No name, sex or weight included.....unnecessary details anyway ;)

Baby is here and head wetting ceremonies to commence ASAP :lol:
by heater31
Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Moving out of home

Left home at 18 into College dorm style accommodation for University. Still had meals provided but had to do everything else myself.

Moved out of there at 20 due to the attempted enforcement of strict rules and double standards by staff.

Now house sit an investment property for my parents on a permanent basis.
by heater31
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Moving out of home

first rented with a mate at 19 in Kensington Gardens - Orient Avenue.

Booted out after 6 months for being behind in rent but probably only lasted that long because I was "seeing" one of the estate agents at the time ;)

Bought my unit at 27 years of age for $79000, and am about to put it on the market for $240k.

You forgot to add you decided to build a new house at 40 ;)
by heater31
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Johno6 wrote:
anyone got a good excuse to miss training tonight by any chance?

Man date at the pub.....see you there beautiful ;)
by heater31
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the date - medal count night

Hi kids

The annual medal count night for div 1R - C4 (and "drop Carey home because he's too hammered" night...thank god he's moved closer to me :lol: ) will be held at Adelaide Airport Stadium on Wednesday 3rd Sept from 6.30pm.

Just sayin' ;)

Feel free to discuss constructive suggestions for the night here.

Will also post top 4's here when they're released.

Leave Carey on the sidewalk where he belongs

I'll have you both know I am well behaved these days.....

Until a red can becomes involved.....;)
by heater31
Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:International Beer Day

Don't mind if I do!

by heater31
Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:winning more golf gear at the auctions

Auction Blue?
by heater31
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Attendances are UP. Ignore any facts you like but they are.

By letting in people for free, a fact you ignore.

Memberships are down and they are a clubs lifeblood. Will the Crows care when a couple of clubs fold because of their entry in the next couple of years?

The SANFL are not in the position to bail any clubs out.

Writing is on the wall and the financial reporting period later in the year will be fascinating.

I haven't ignored that fact at all. But I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.

But why would a Centrals supporter buy a membership to the CDFC when they can purchase an AFL club membership and get in for nothing?
by heater31
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

House warming :lol:

Can you make sure you have plenty of parking attendants to ensure you don't upset the neighbours for this fabulous occasion ;)
by heater31
Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

My ******* head hurts :shock:
by heater31
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Error

Dissident wrote:There's new quote functionality?
Or do you mean in Tapatalk

In tapatalk it displays differently
by heater31
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buying a cricket bat off ebay

carey wrote:I brought a cracker off EBay. A chick brought it for boyfriend till she caught him banging someone else so she sold his brand new bat a Grey Nicholls A61 1000LE for $120 and it's a ripper absolutely love it.

Clearly she had no idea about cricket bats. Absolute steal...
by heater31
Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the pressures on
that cash would come in handy for the wedding!!
you wouldn't want to spend it on the end of season footy trip
Marriage tip # 1
Do not tell wife of any winnings you receive from footy tipping comps, the punt, raffles etc.
They will only gladly take (at least) half the kitty.
Tip # 2
Do not tell the her indoors that you've done your dough on aforementioned vices, you will be labelled irresponsible, hopeless & a dickhead.

I disagree and believe this is poor advice.

20% of any winnings should be forwarded, either by way of cash or goods to the value of to the Minister of Internal affairs.

The aforementioned 20% is actually 50% *wink wink* ( ie - you win $200, give her $20 and tell her you won $50 ) of the winnings. Thus not only have you kept 80% of the winnings you have also extended the hand of generosity, with the overall aim of not having to use the hand of generosity on ones self. ;)

A minister who knows you punt knows you lose, but also knows you win. So, share the wealth, unevenly, while it's their and enjoy a happy and harmonious existence.

:lol:

Here is Ladies and Gentleman, Boon's chapter on putting from his book of life experiences...
by heater31
Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership

the vines is a complete ripoff for 1900. not a bad course but certainly not at that level.

is the club struggling a bit? super high memberships, smashing the scoopon deals etc?

Yeah I played there on Sunday. They seem to have a high number of levies on members as well to pay for water projects and the like. Not worth $2k a year.
by heater31
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

I think SACA have an identity crisis with what they want Grade Cricket to be. Is is the elite pathway to First Class cricket or is it a glorified Community cricket competition used to get into an elite pathway? I get the feeling SACA are far from convinced that the Premier League concept is the way to go either. Apparently they are refusing to guarantee anything about it until after the initial commitment of 3 years is up then a review is taken.

I can't see recommending 3 mergers to reduce the teams then creating another team to get rid of the bye is going to create an more elite pathway to First Class cricket. Will any club sell their soul for just $150,000? Probably not.

Program is also in its final stages. Kick off on the 18th of Oct with the Only PL clash all year.
by heater31
Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v West Indies 1995

Didn't McGrath get a test gig v NZ. Probably his first overseas tour....
by heater31
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Going to the pub tonight to see my wife's band and getting p*ssed in the process.

So you drinking their entire rider? ;)
by heater31
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:must be looming large for tit monday

Very close for this moveable feast to be happening :lol:
by heater31
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Sorry Dude wrote:Actor/ Director Richard Attenborough has passed away aged 90.

Or if you are an imbecile on Twitter David has passed away :roll:

Young kids of today have NFI :shock:
by heater31
Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

superboot7 wrote:Any reason kilburn not available for GF?

Probably a back handed punishment for wasteful spending over the past few years and embarrassing the league.

Why allow a club to benefit from hosting a game when all they do is waste it.
by heater31
Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Office footy tips and my fecking accounts department :roll:

They put in a joint ticket this year and have taken out first place (which from my perspective has reduced the total prize pool :evil: )

I don't really care about not winning ( I finished top 10 again) but the reduced prize pool, costing genuine entries about $100 from first place. Then to top it off with their gloating has pushed me to tipping point (excuse the pun).

But they better be separate entries next season otherwise I'm forming my own team or all hell will be breaking loose :shock:
by heater31
Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since they (5 of them) have decided to gloat against the genuine single entries who have competed in the spirit of the competition.

id put in an official protest

dunno who too, but I would start telling everyone what a load of bullshit it is

Don't worry, the campaign for change has already begun. They will learn a valuable lesson here in not to poke the bear :evil:
by heater31
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

2004 Henley Cgrade won Div 7 from fifth had to beat CLG who were undefeated all year at CLG in final round to make the 5 then beat West Croydon Wingfield Houghton and Beat CLG in GF by 7 goals was an amazing 5 weeks of footy for us that year

That was an amazing 5 weeks of footy and about equal time spent celebrating, especially with all 3 other senior grade winning flags that season. The story goes the supporters at the As were more excited getting the score updates from the Cs than the game in front of them, that Henley won by plenty.

Remember seeing the Henley boys a week later at the D1 GF where Broadview upset Goodwood getting tanked again.....
by heater31
Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

RustyCage wrote:Welcome to the Magpies Johann!

If you spuds did your homework properly he would have been your player in the first place :roll: ;)
by heater31
Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

Asian Food Bar, Days Rd Croydon Park. The owner's niece works in our office and this morning he sent her to work with some samples. Freshly made and the best part Free! Winning :lol:
by heater31
Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The bitching on Social media between Crow and Port fans :roll:

Some people have no ******* idea :shock:
by heater31
Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Jeez give Soders a break. I think this is his first non boundary rider gig in footy so he is still developing his style.

All the commentary team were genuinely interested in the subject matter. Ginever is passionate about the SANFL and having met him personally on a couple of occasions I'm glad he is giving back to the competition that has given him his current profile in SA.

Tommy Wilson just needs to work on his delivery. He is still mid 20's I think and producing live television is no easy task.
by heater31
Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

How the power hasn't just cut it's loses and cut Butcher has me baffled... They will get nothing for him from another club...

Maybe the crows and power can work together and ship him off to the Bulldogs as part of a package deal with mckernan for a pie AND an iced coffee?

Who gets the pie and who gets the iced coffee?

Or do they get 1 of each.....

We only drink Chardonnay so you can have the iced coffee :)

Not according to a survey I saw yesterday.....

Crows fans like Cider and Port are partial to a whiskey or three :shock:
by heater31
Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:
carey wrote:Red Cans will do it everytime! :lol:

If Mentos is 'The Fresh Maker', would Red Tins be 'The Trouble Maker'?

Victoria police think so.....
by heater31
Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

big weekend at Booneys

boozing up the golf course on Friday
Saturday session following the wedding from hell updates

Family golf day at North Haven on Sunday too. Young bloke want's to have a round where he can have a real hit ( not a par 3 ) and the Mrs and Miss said they'd come for a walk.

Might get 2 rounds in 3 days....!
That's two extra spotters for you....win-win situation [emoji6]
by heater31
Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played in the midweek comp this morning shot my best score ever for a 82 of the stick net 62. Very very happy with the way I played today although not looking forward to seeing my my handicap is tomorrow tho.
Piss off you burglar[emoji6]

No Burglar here mate I'm playing off 19.6 at the moment. I think that's a fair indication of where I'm at especially, Going off my last 5-6 rounds that's about spot on. Just yesterday I was holing them 6 foot putts as opposed to 2 and sometimes even 3 putting them! My handicap on golf link hasn't updated as yet I'm hoping it doesn't come in to much.

I believe its based on your best 8 rounds? apart from the 82 yesterday my best 8 rounds read 87,88,86,89,88,89and 90. Hence why I think I should stay around the 18-19 mark....

best 8 of your last 20?

Correct that is how your handicap is calculated. The average of your best 8 scores from your last 20 rounds multiplied by 0.93.

Average 19.1 over the 8 scores gives you an official handicap of 17.7. With the latest rules your handicap can change depending on the daily conditions, what colour tee markers you hit off or what course you are playing at.
In my case I get an extra 2 shots for my daily handicap at my home course West Lakes if I play on a Saturday/Sunday off the blue tees. During the week off the white tees I only get 1 shot. Go to another course like Kooyonga (one of the harder rated courses in the state) I get an additional 4 shots on my daily handicap.

In Carey's case he shot 82 off the stick which depending on the scratch rating (use 70 for example) he played to a 12 handicap.
by heater31
Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Clubs with bars need to make it more attractive for players to purchase from them, not try and legislate ways to rip them off.
Why would a 60c can of coke cost $3 at a community club?

Yep if you are buying it for that price there is no need to sell it more than $2.

Beers shouldn't be above $5 either unless it's boutique or imported.
by heater31
Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When I was 17, it was a very good year....

carey wrote:F**king best days of my life. Drink anything, Root anything and just basically did anything we wanted. Times have changed.

Yeah you only get to do 2 of those 3 things now ;) ;)
by heater31
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Successfully making a return to cricket yesterday after having an ankle reconstruction 6 months ago.

Also whilst I didn't rate it at the time but the ice/cold water immersion was 10mins of hell but paying dividends today!
by heater31
Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |