Search found 988 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

[quote="The Dark Knight"]The Port River Expressway.
I can't f**king wait for it to be completed! Surely it's not far away from being finished.
2 weeks ago they said the northern connector was meant to be ready by the 2nd week of March, one would assume that is all inclusive?

I can't wait, I'll be able to get from Gawler to Regency Road without seeing a set of traffic lights.

yeah, still listed as open "early march" on the website, which to me means by the tenth (after that is middle of march) but id assume there is still wiggle room in the estimation.

they were up to fitting all the signs when i came past it on sunday lunchtime though, so it cant be too far away, thats usually the last thing that gets done. Signs look like they are almost done and the cement barriers along the South Road to Hanson Road sections have started to be removed so surely it's not far away from being open. I tried looking for an official update but couldn't find anything.

My mate has been working on the connector and he was telling me they had laid down About 5km of cement for the road and then failed the soil test. Had to rip it up and go again. Delayed it by 3-4 months. Two weeks ago he said It should be openIng this weekend.[/quote]Bang on cue......Adelaide Now release a story an hour ago to reveal it will open this weekend!
by heater31
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Across the board our batting, bowling and fielding isn't good enough and that's all about development across the board.

That development falls at the feet of the SACA High Performance department. Premier Cricket clubs can only take them to a certain point as their coaching departments are probably about 1/3 of SACA's
by heater31
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

They wont be loosened before end of May. I have no issue in keeping restrictions a little longer.
The wider testing may lead to more cases. But atleast those people will get proper treatment.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk If this keeps up then as a minimum they need to be reviewed at the end of the month. Not saying they should be relaxed but at least the conversation about if it's possible needs to be occurring.
by heater31
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

And why should cricket assist Dutchy. Do you think football would assist cricket if COVID-19 impacts commenced in September instead of March.

Why wouldn't they? most communities have goodwill between sporting clubs.

Doesn't mean they have to push back their season, just work with footy to leave 3-4 ovals in each league to be used in October, the other ovals can still be used for cricket. Why couldn't it work? Don't think you understand that summer/winter tenancy politics that sometimes arises between community groups. Some people within one group sees the other as a stain on their right to use the shared facility even 'out of season' to them there is no out of season.

Might not happen at all facilities but it would be more prevalent than many would realise until they get involved in the inner sanctum and have to communicate to the other group regularly. Hopefully when discussions begin on starting the current in season sport the other is consulted on what us going on other wise things could get nasty for some clubs on both sides of the fence.
by heater31
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:28 days case free is apparently the magic number!

So if one case rears it’s ugly head we start the count again?
The classic cricket training finisher....stand in a circle to catch the magic number so beers to be had by all!
by heater31
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Pubs.... :(
I just want a ******* beer from a frosty cold pint glass :(
by heater31
Fri May 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone on here been tested?

Junior has had a runny nose, bit of a cough for a few days so he's off to be tested this morning.

Dr said it's purely precautionary and it will help bump up the stats for 21-30 year olds, not that he's happy with it but is willing to play his part in the process.

As we work together I've been home since Monday when he left work to come home, I'll be home until he gets his test results back sometime tomorrow.

Glad his being tested but no wonder people question alot of the statistics that come out relating to Covid-19 when even doctors are talking about 'bumping' stats up. In this case the doc wants to bump up the number of tests for the age group. Positive or negative result the health department don't have much data for certain age groups.
by heater31
Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Going to have another crack at making bacon again soon.

Pork Belly
Salt
Sugar
Pepper
Paprika
Curing salt

My first attempt whilst not a total disaster didn't use any nitrate and was therefore a slightly different colour to normal bacon.
by heater31
Wed May 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jack Oatey Medallists

The improved scoring of Central could be that they played home games at a well draining Elizabeth Oval if '68 was wet would imagine that all ovals would have been a mess each week. Even today Elizabeth seems to take on water better than every other oval in the competition
by heater31
Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Always thought it was .900 back from the boundary so the eaves never encroached the neighboring property & preventing a ''Rat Trap'' between the shed & existing fence. Heater may know.
If it's less than 900 then no eaves
by heater31
Mon May 25, 2020 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:News Corp killing off regional print news. Devastating for employees.
Got a list of which ones?

Easier to list the ones that aren't mate
So in SA it's just the Messenger Masthead going digital? Thought that went digital years ago, can't remember the last time I read one!
by heater31
Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Trying to book for a burger and meal Friday night, 3 people, 6pm :

Pirate Life - Booked
Admiral - Booked
Big Shed - Booked
Lighthouse - In!

Good to see the pubs getting the support they now need.
Off to Pirate Life for a pint tonight.....Admiral tomorrow [emoji6]
by heater31
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:Cotchin saying players may choose to not enter hubs. What, like Adelaide have?
They are ******* professional athletes. Plenty of others live away from home to do their job of playing a sport. Why should AFL players be any different!
by heater31
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Dgrade cricket at Grade level is a farce and has been for a while. I have said this before my son (22) now, in his 1st year at senior level straight out of 16s one his clubs Dgrade bowling trophy, the following year he couldn't get a game because of older blokes in there 40s and 50s were being selected first. Surely grade cricket is about prepping guys coming through with the hope of playing shield cricket?
Again though, what do you think the problem with the scenario you described is?

Is it the existence of a 4th Grade?

Or is it a club choosing not to select a young cricketer doing well in preference to 40 and 50 year olds?

I know other clubs have the same age group in some of their dgrades too. For me its the existence of it. Well it's those clubs that are doing it wrong. The age balance is the wrong way. Should be mostly young kids with some experience around them. Must have appointed a captain who would just select his mates. This kills any sort of club.
by heater31
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dgrade cricket at Grade level is a farce and has been for a while. I have said this before my son (22) now, in his 1st year at senior level straight out of 16s one his clubs Dgrade bowling trophy, the following year he couldn't get a game because of older blokes in there 40s and 50s were being selected first. Surely grade cricket is about prepping guys coming through with the hope of playing shield cricket?
Again though, what do you think the problem with the scenario you described is?

Is it the existence of a 4th Grade?

Or is it a club choosing not to select a young cricketer doing well in preference to 40 and 50 year olds? The latter in my opinion......
by heater31
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did hear strong rumour from high up SACA official who said Adelaide and Sturt have already commenced preliminary discussions which is interesting.

The merged club to play out of Goodwood Oval I guess too???

Hope KG is leading the mediation talks.....don't think the wounds have healed from 1974!
What happened in 1974? Mid 70's KG crossed from Adelaide to Sturt and a couple of others went with him. Might not have been 74 but around that time.
by heater31
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

amber_fluid wrote:
Are the club rooms finished yet?

Grandstand not due to be completed until October. Cricket will get first use I believe
by heater31
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A bit of a pick of some brains here, I've had a plan in place for a few years to wait for my son to turn 18 then I was going to move to one of our Queensland plants.

But once again my name has been thrown around for a significant role, this time for role in a brand new plant in Victoria, I have until the 28th to apply.

Of course it's going to be a while I assume before I can physically work there (which would be a huge bonus for me), can anyone brief me what it's like to live away from family? I'm comfortable in my own company and don't need people around me to function as a person.

My marriage is already shagged and I have little interest in flogging a dead horse, the distance might even rejuvenate it and rid it of the debris that ruined it.

First interview complete. Good luck mate.
by heater31
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:BOM readings at Kent Town are finishing up tomorrow
4pm Friday I think is the actual last reading
by heater31
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Asking for renovations on rented accommodation is the cherry on top for how out of touch the players side of the industry are.
by heater31
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Putting petrol in a diesel......
by heater31
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

We generally just take for granted our work colleagues when in actual fact, we probably spend more awake time with them than our own family.

That we certainly do. Was quite affected recently when I was contacted by a family member of a former work colleague. They advised me she had hours to live. 3 hours later she was gone. Was very good friends with her and even scored a few invites to family celebrations over the years we worked together.
by heater31
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Also need to know.. where's Corona Man gone?!?!
He can't see the screen any more due to the luscious locks grown in lockdown [emoji6]
by heater31
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Do you think its just a starting point to remind everyone and will be relaxed a couple of rounds in?
The shit thing is the open endedness of it. There is no clarity on when the madness will end.
by heater31
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201020/1599367b86a935545d25619f62e04ad5.jpg
This pitch in a NZ domestic game is as green as the outfield! Looking at the scores, I see one of their matches had a team all out for 65. I’m guessing that’s the game there! Basin Reserve in Wellington. Already day 2 so I guess day 1 was lost to rain....
by heater31
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Percat not a fan.

Spurrier quick to point out they werent consulted.

How much do we pay for breaking contract?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
No clue.

Government only has themselves to blame.....

https://adelaidegprix.com/2020/10/30/co ... laide-500/
by heater31
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Never really understood the "it's too hard to give everyone a go" argument about one dayers

You have 100% control over who bowls and 100% control of your batting order. If people "didn't get a go" then it's on you

If a couple of guys open the batting and open the bowling every week and no one else gets a look in then the problem isn't the format of the game Read the game situation......against weaker opposition change up the order
by heater31
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Certainly seems like that's the result.

No cricket for two weeks.

A lot of T20s were scheduled for tomorrow night.

I assume the next two weeks of saturday games will be called a draw, though the prof has suggested if they can ring it off quickly they might reduce the 2 weeks.
Can't see the turf making clubs pull together a team at short notice if the restrictions get lifted on say Thursday next week. Given how quickly is was cancelled, all participants should be ready to resume just as quickly.
by heater31
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

So much for the rumours....

PORT ADELAIDE vice-captain Ollie Wines has strengthened his commitment to the club by agreeing to terms on a four-year contract extension.

Already contracted until the end of the 2022 season, the 26-year-old’s new deal will see him remain with Port Adelaide until the end of 2026. Essendon to enquire about his availability in trade week 2021.....
by heater31
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

We had 4 players resign today that are TRUE CLUBMEN not money hungry like these two players that arent team first .They can both nick off How's the sour grapes of announcing where they have gone for 2021, yet the other club hasn't said a word....

Central have really lost the plot in the past couple of years.
by heater31
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

The sour grapes part is choosing to name the destination club. Simply not needed. All the members needed to know is that they won't be there next season. Where they have gone is not Central's business.
by heater31
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Low and Slow BBQ Port Adelaide

To celebrate completing another lap around the sun I managed to convince the non meat eater of the house to head here.

Walk in and you are instantly hit with the smokey smells of wood fired BBQ and friendly staff.

Seated and drinks order taken like most people you stare at the menu for hours in the lead up to your visit. You know what you want before even leaving home. Only need to finalise the side selection. Given it was Thanksgiving week in the US a chicken special was offered. Half a chook with a southern spice rub and a white BBQ sauce which is what those southern US folk smother their chicken with.

Surprise of the evening as we went to confirm the food that they had catered for the vegetarian of the group with a range of BBQ vegetable sliders. Eggplant, Mushroom and leak. Meat was Brisket and the kransky sasauge. Sides potato salad, coleslaw and a mac and cheese.

Food arrived quickly as almost everything can be prepared before they open. Brisket did not require a knife sausage juicy helped by the ooze of melted cheese.

Cheesecake special to finish, it changes every week this one was Oreo based.

Big tick for the vego sliders as it means given the plenty of warning and they will oblige and I can visit more often.

9/10
by heater31
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

[quote="Maggies2002"]Menzels were undercut by the dogs and if they were after money could have played country football. It doesn't take much to see they were disenchanted after Andrews got the ass. I wish Sturt was in a position to have offered them something.
If they were after money, they could play for the Eagles. Has it been mentioned as yet what jobs theyve got?

Here we go again, sour is getting very sour.

Why shouldn't we be sour? Do you expect us to be happy and shout Hallelujah?
Perhaps you'd like to take some more of our best players. :evil: :twisted: :roll:

Are we to receive transfer fees? Or do the Eagles get them for nothing?
we will be duly compensated.[/quote]Use the transfer money wisely......perhaps buy some fresh grapes as the ones you currently have are a bit sour!
by heater31
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Anyone else reckon that our batters are starting to bat like Langer? Trying to grind out an innings and taking away their natural attacking game?

To a point yes but I think that's dictated a lot by the Indian bowlers and their quality. This is the best bowling attack in the world other than ourselves.

In recent series against NZ, Pak & SL we batted with lots of flair and attacking prowess. Given the quality of the Indian attack, grinding them is exactly what we need!
by heater31
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

PDCA ripped thru them for 58.A non contest in the end.
Hibbett 5/14

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=3712052

What a belting.

Does anyone know how the outback’s team is picked?

Before the game I mentioned S Massey who top scored isn’t even the best bat at his own club. Would be 3-5 best bar in our comp. No one from the Stanley comp was picked and I can think of at least 10 bats better then him.

We have the best bat in our comp Zac Fielding and we had no idea about this game. Country carnival from last year.
by heater31
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:50 for Green, yeah boy!
Now having a crack at the ton!
by heater31
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's a radical idea......piss off the BBL from the calendar and play the shield throughout the summer!
by heater31
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon just never looks like bowling us to victory.
Great record but he’s no match winner.

I think he only plays now when the pitch suits as he shouldn’t be an automatic inclusion anymore.

I know it is hypothetical but do you believe we would of won if Shane Warne bowled yesterday?

Against any other team I’d say yes but given it was India who play spin well I’m not sure.

Has Lyon ever bowled us to victory on a 4th or 5th day?
Like a 5 fa?

TDK will know. V India at Adelaide Oval 5 or so years ago???
by heater31
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And with the merger let’s not assume all the players in the higher grades are staying

The raiding parties are already in motion to take the best from both

A couple of the very best may have already committed

Was no surprise to see Southerns lose outright today. Heard none of their players turned up to training on Thursday night after the merger was announced at 4pm. They were totally blind sided and knew nothing about it. That is quite odd they had no inkling. Reckon it may not be their last outright loss this season!

Do feel for the players, reckon lots of the older players will retire or go to Turf. The only way they will be competitive is if all the gun players stick around, but heard a few been sounded out as you say. Valente be the most obvious target, the merged club really needs to keep him, pay some guns to stay, or could be a disaster!

Can't see at least 3 of Southerns top players going to the merged entity. They will go to either a rival Grade club or ATCA.

Effectively its Southern Districts folding and being taken over. Playing out of both Adelaide CC home grounds I assume until their promised facility is built. Cant believe SACA would entertain the idea of having no presence south of Flinders University.
by heater31
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2020/21

The Waugh family are very odd period.

and fairly wealthy but did enjoy them as cricketers thats for sure Steve and Mark yes....not sure about the other 2 brothers

Only one brother, Dean, who captained Kensington. Still lives in Adelaide. Was coaching Goodwood.

There is a 4th Waugh. Danny only played grade cricket in Sydney. Left handed as well.

Story goes Dean bowled short outside off stump to Steve hence his greatness in the back foot cover drive. Danny being a lefty drifted onto Mark's legs....
by heater31
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While rating things, I used my travel voucher on the weekend, as I went to book a place they offered me a 2nd night half price, it was very enjoyable to have a mini getaway, pity about the weather though, I didn't get to do a lot of what I intended to though.

Walking down Rundle Mall on Monday during a heavy downpour there was some chick walking along with a tiny bikini asking people if they had a dollar so she could buy a towel, Adelaide didn't fail to deliver again, Monday night was going off in the city!

How did you get a place to accept the voucher on a weekend? Most places I've looked at only said Saturday night is no go.
by heater31
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which clubs would survive/prosper without the SACA funding? Adelaide Uni? Anyone else?
Probably only Adelaide Uni as they are funded by the Uni who in turn are funded by the Government :? :? Only by the university sports association not the university direct.
Apologies for the ignorance but who then funds the sports association? Probably the sports clubs of Adelaide University.....

I don't think Adelaide Uni CC get millions of funding that some perceive they get.
by heater31
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide, East Torrens and Adelaide all are middle of the road senior clubs with no womens program and Port Adelaide struggle to fill their junior quota of teams.

Oh if only some unnamed board member at Adelaide many years ago had a more modern opinion of women's cricket they could have had the women's section of Sturt join them instead of being told to work the kitchen every Saturday night!
by heater31
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Is anyone actually bothered or hindered by FB blocking the news stuff?
Only issue I have now is that a global corporation has shown its true colours as it doesn't give a shit about legitimate reporting because it affects their profits. Allowing unchecked facts to prosper.
by heater31
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Dinner at the Strathmore with some friends before a 21st in town and using the Great State Voucher at the Crowne Plaza on Frome St.
Don't forget the reception counter is on level 10......
by heater31
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Car Servicing/ Mechanics

VE engines are a bitch to work on. Poorly designed in terms of easy access to sections and therefore time consuming to work on.

Yeh, hence the cost!

Do you know of anyone though Heater? Sorry can't help there.

I know of the VE package issues as I own a VF and according to an Auto Masters I used to take it to told me when I questioned the price and time taken to do a service.

I'm on the hunt for a new mechanic too as I've moved since then.

Funny you say that, I was going to ask - does the VF have the same types of problems with the timing chain being so expensive and engine light coming on all the time? Completely different design apparently. Lessons learned of every mechanic moaning about it.
by heater31
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Jim05 wrote:All out 32
There are too many teams in Sydney Premier Cricket!!!!!
by heater31
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does everyone just hate everyone in the SACA comp?
Think it's just the level of hatred that changes.
by heater31
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard 7 Board Members resigned straight away after the vote. Club is falling apart :shock:

If true, they had no option but to resign immediately. Their positions on the board of management is untenable.

Hopefully some of those that voted in favour of the motion will now step up to guide them out of this mess. Won't be easy but they have a mandate from the membership to remain as a separate entity.
by heater31
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port writes to AFL over SANFL grievances....

Port Adelaide are NOT a member club of the SANFL. They are the reserves team of an AFL franchise playing under license in the SANFL.
Port Adelaide are not paying to play in the SANFL, unlike the Crows who are paying a couple of hundred k per year.
Port Adelaide have not yet paid the SANFL for the license fee they purchased from the SANFL.They are 12 mill in debt currently.
Port Adelaide were financially propped up by the SANFL prior to transferring to Adelaide Oval for many years, I was told somewhere north of 20 mill.in total.

As far as Im concerned Port Adelaide can go and take a long walk on a short jetty.

We've got Largs or Semaphore. I quite like Largs. Well Largs is the shortest jetty in metro Adelaide......
by heater31
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |