Search found 988 matches

Return

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Warner announces he will retire from test cricket after the Ashes.

Extremely smart by him...... knows he could struggle to hold his spot in the team until then so come out early and announce your retirement which will all but guarantee they let him play until then. Slight correction he 'plans to retire' within the next 12 months.

Sounds like he hasn't fully made his mind up yet.
by heater31
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

amber_fluid wrote:Sack Dizzy FFS!

Bring back Chuck!
Sack Nielsen!
by heater31
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's so overrated....

Booney wrote:Soccer.

Why do people carry on like a cure for cancer has been announced when a goal is scored?
Coz **** all else happens in between!
by heater31
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Is follow on 150 or 175? I thought it was less than test cricket?
Last time I read the follow on lead was a 150 run minimum.
4 day cricket is 150 runs in front after 1st innings you can ask them to bat again.

200 is for Test Cricket.
by heater31
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Royal Adelaide open day yesterday. Course great as always, rough was brutal punishing anything offline. Tough day in the heat then wind (+1 on the handicap rating) when the change finally came through late. 20 points with a scrub on the front (3rd gets me every time) then fell apart on the last 4 holes for 33. Not a fan of 5 hour stableford rounds though.
I've seen the other Open days are on Monday. I assumed RA was the same The Monday ones are run by Golf SA. This one is run by the club itself. That one is 9th January

Only takes one nuffy to have never played the course to slow everyone down!
by heater31
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Lance Morris heading to Adelaide to join the test squad
Anyone heard from Mal?
by heater31
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The AFL dropping the round 1 fixture during the soccer.

Gold. :D

i don't see the big deal, personally.. At 6am on a Sunday morning? Just petty look at me behaviour. I bet they wouldn't put out a media release at that time if a Collingwood player did something silly!

winter sports should be irrelevant in the media after October 31. Build up again in February
by heater31
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is there a larger presence of dragonflies currently? Had a dozen or so all weekend hanging around the pool, saw a heap at Seacliff beach on Saturday, more this morning near the airport & then at Medindie. Peak breeding season for the dragonfly apparently. Plenty on the Largs foreshore Saturday afternoon for the twilight market.
by heater31
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Is Sydney the only ground not to use drop in pitches?
Gabba also. Despite numerous attempts by the AFL to change both they have resisted so far.
by heater31
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/i ... 5ae5471383

Search and replace Cricket NSW with SACA and its the same story!
by heater31
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

I wasnt aware of the Moonta pubs changing hands or the food situation, unreal. I used to go up to the Cornwall for lunch with my Grandma when I visited back in the 80's.

We are heading up in 2 weeks time and have already booked into the Pt Hughes Tavern, they have a comedy night so should be good fun.

i think ALH or another big group purchased the pubs in Moonta about 2-3yrs ago. Black Rhino Group. Own pubs in Victoria and expanded into SA.
by heater31
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All for pinching the NY Test. Provided its a red ball match.

The pink ball can **** right off because it is shit!
by heater31
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Down the Hill wrote:But only 4 players who came through the SA grade system. I know we’ve had plenty of imports over the last 20 years but 7 imports in this match must be close to our record.
The 'High Performance' Manager should but in a request for a job title change to 'Chief Recruiter'
by heater31
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Need more batting

Most runs in 1st grade

Joshua Barrett 692 @62.91
Cameron Valente 637 @79.63
Ben Charlesworth 602 @60.2

pick one of them ffs

See if Valente has improved, Barrett and Charlesworth might be 50 years old I don't know give them a shot regardless.

Charlesworth is a Pom but has a FC batting average of 21. Shouldn't get picked...

Valente went to Tasmania with his best mate Tom Andrews and didn't get a look in last season. Doubtful they will go back to Cam again

Barrett should have probably played this game but didn't
by heater31
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

Where to for West Coast?

In 2020 when the competition moved to Queensland they threw the towel in on the back of the coach giving them an out.

In 2021 they copped COVID lockdowns but bounced back to win 10 games.

In 2022 they capitulated on the back of injuries, winning two games.

Hurn (35), Naitanui, Shuey (32), McGovern, Cripps, Darling, Gaff and Yeo (30) Kelly, Hunt, Sheed, Barrass (27) - None of these have their best football ahead of them.

On Saturday they were pathetic against North, they showed no heart, no fight, where are West Coast in 18 months?

Paid too much to get Tim Kelly in. Traded away draft pick to facilitate the move.

Huge rebuild required.
by heater31
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Hopefully this is just a genuine mistake from the A1 GF at Goodwood Oval.

A limited edition Cricket Bat has been taken from the nets that belonged to the son of a club legend. His mother noticed 2 Para Hills supporters with the same bat and thought they had one similar to her son.

If you know the whereabouts of said stick of timber please let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people.
You might be better off raising this directly with someone at Para Hills. Maybe give Travis Wordsworth a call. Hopefully they can track it down. Appears that Para Hills social media admin are all over this.
by heater31
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For long we have been saying we have too many district clubs in this state .... WA has 16 and have done the treble 2 years in a row.... NSW have 20 and didn't win a game!

The easy option is to order a review every few years into the amateur organisations that are tasked with identification of talent that are suitable for professional sport. Yet the High Performance department of the professional organisation is Teflon coated.
by heater31
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Grand Prix merch. Is there a market/demand for it? I’m talking brand new, high quality official Adelaide GP jackets & hats from the late 80’s early 90’s.
I have some to sell.
There is a Facebook group to sell that sort of gear....
by heater31
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

Anyone who uses a FK count as evidence of bad/biased umpiring should be just as willing to use it as evidence for a team being ill-disciplined. Astounded that people continue to believe that the free kick count has to be 1 for 1.

Usually means something else. Like ill-discipline or continually being led to the ball by the opposition!

Stop being a ******* caravan and get to the footy first and you might get a chance of a free kick!
by heater31
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Brodlach wrote:Is Alex Carey in doubt or will they make a late keeper change?
Probably need to name 2 keepers as the ICC want a squad named to pick from. Covering a major disaster to the regular
by heater31
Mon May 29, 2023 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Reckon the PGA loyalists will want heads to roll in PGA Tour management
by heater31
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Struggling to get into the housing market?

Live in a share house or stay at home longer with your parents.

Struggling to pay your mortgage now you have one?

Easy, cut back on spending, get some more hours at work and you'll be right. Minimum wage worker.....here you go have a 5.75% increase placing further pressure on inflation!
by heater31
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

Well batted Australia. That was a tough pitch to start on but get in and it's happy days.
They should know colour doesn't matter so why they left Ashwin out is nuts.
Travis batted brilliantly and Smith doesn't look like getting out.
Bat the cheats out of the game, then attack with the ball.
Cheats? Think he means pitch doctorors....
by heater31
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rain forecast for all day Tuesday https://www.bbc.com/weather/2655603
Knew I should've taken the draw last night when the Aussies were still batting.

Still paying $4.60 for a draw which i think is quite good odds with day 5 potentially being halted for most of the day!

Good logic Sticks
BUT
The ultra attacking England might declare and set Australia a target where one of sides has to win Australia can say get ****** and play for the draw.....Aussies hold the trophy!
by heater31
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:How do we get Kevin Pietersen off of the coverage?
More so how can we get rid of Channel 9.... they are absolutely butchering the Sky Sports feed!
by heater31
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Had the discussion at golf last Sunday week about Par and how it's not overly popular.
I like it myself, it's just golf.
But the consensus was it's the low handicap players who don't like Par the most. Essentially it's just match play v the course..... plus is a win v the opponent, minus is a loss and half is shared.

But everything can be converted to a stableford score anyway

IMO just get on with it and play golf. Could always stay home and spend time with the Mrs [emoji6]
by heater31
Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is the lords oval on a slope? Because laser levels weren't around in 1814!
Hahaha. English eyesight must have been pretty ordinary back then.
I've no idea why it's such a big slope .....run off maybe? Collect the water in one spot? Nah it was built on a known hill.

Suspect it was constructed in haste as this site was the third one 4 years.

First one was abandoned due to a rent dispute in 1810 and is now known as Dorset Square, 2nd one was compulsory acquired to construct Regent's Canal in 1813
by heater31
Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He does alright over there if not him Worrall then.

Siddle
5 games 16 wickets @24.12

Worrall
7 games 31 wickets @23.64

I would change it up more than Hazlewood did, top of off all day so predictable Would Worrall still be eligible to play for Australia since he's taken advantage of his British passport, wants to identify as an Englishman and exercised his option as a British passport holder to play for Surrey?

I'm not totally sure, he had to play for X amount of years to quality for England so until then I think he could still play for Aus, won't happen though unfortunately. ECB and ICC eligibility to play for England is three years of residence and not played as a local player in professional international or domestic cricket in a full member country within the last three years.

Worrall would need to quit Surrey if Australia select him.

Given he's left Australia to play professionally they must be paying him accordingly.

UK players traditionally get a fixed wage regardless if they play games or not. Unlike here they get a wage and match payments.

Highly doubt he would quit for a couple of Test Matches and no stable job to go back to.
by heater31
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't complain about that brain fade. Carey throws the stumps down in the same motion as taking the ball
by heater31
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clearly Stokes has gone **** it! Only the bowlers left going down swinging!
by heater31
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Im about to upgrade my 10yo Taylormade RBZ Stage 2, got quite a few Drummond vouchers and have dropped hints that a few more for Fathers day would be perfect, looking to make a purchase in Sept - the new Wilson Titianium driver is the one ive got my eye on, reviews are excellent.

Get fitted mate, best advice i'll give anyone.

When i got my new ones, I had my eye on a few clubs i wanted, but they weren't 'right' for me, went through a few of them in store and found the right ones for me (ended up with Ping's)

Yeah I went and had a look thru the store last week and they said they would get me fitted when ready, I presume there is no extra cost for this? Just a commitment that you make a purchase
by heater31
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

beating a team that got relegated the following year in a grand final doesnt mean youre going to stroll into div 1 and dominate

spoc didnt lose a game in 2018 in division 2 and they finished 9-9 the following year in d1. people were saying the same thing about them heading into 2019. funny how much people underrate the top division until they get there.

Fair shout. GG's ressies completed their 4-peat on Saturday, so their depth is strong. Will be the side to watch in 2024, but I tend to agree that it might take a bit to match the likes of PAC, Glenunga etc. Only one way to find out....2024!
by heater31
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

amber_fluid wrote:Does any other coach, coach all 3 formats at state level like Dizzie?
Greg Shippard - NSW and the Sixers
by heater31
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

We all complained about the Adelaide test starting on a Wednesday

The NZ SA series tests start on a Sunday and Tuesday
But given SA are sending over a 4th XI noone will go anyway
Will be interesting to see the crowds for that series in both Mount Maunganui and Hamilton, I just listened to the Grandstand Cricket Podcast where Ed Cowan said that the first four days of both the NZ v Aus test matches are sold out, small grounds admittedly he said (Wellington and Christchurch). Basin Reserve (Wellington) holds approx 11,500. Weirdly the national highway 1 circles the ground.

Hagley Oval (Christchurch) holds 9000 normally but can double that if they need to. Hagley Oval is situated in the city's parklands and surrounds are public playing fields. It's the replacement ground for Lancaster Park that was destroyed in the earthquake and unable to be rebuilt due to the soil conditions
by heater31
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks Gone!

Elgar has recently signed with Essex for the upcoming county season. Doesn't discount him from playing for the SACA's in 2024/2025 but surely not as a Captain or Coach or both.

He’ll be 37 by the time the season starts here.
Wouldn’t have more than 1 season left anyway. Marcus Trescothick was 43 in his final season for Somerset!
by heater31
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

amber_fluid wrote:
The government is quick to throw money at this but the twits still can’t fix south road where it needs it most!

Or fix its own decaying jetty infrastructure in regional towns, handballs the responsibility to each local council!
by heater31
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to get the burners changed in my Ziggy to move from the bottles to mains gas ... Do I need to take the whole thing to a BBQ's Galore (or equivalent) or is there a home service whereby someone can come out and do it? TIA

I'd be surprised if you need the burners changed, usually for LP to NG conversion just the injectors changed over to allow for the change in pressure, and the hose/regulator changed but then again I have no idea on Ziggy brand. They normally have a service email or phone number on the data plate you can ring.

Thanks mate, I was just told the burners but tbh I have NFI about this stuff. Cheers for the info mate Try a certified gas fitter?
by heater31
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The government is thinking about getting rid of land tax, stamp duty, council rates etc etc etc for indigenous people.
Did they think this through?
If this will go through, then everyone in Australia will all of a sudden identify as Aboriginal & if they do, there's nothing anyone can do about it,
you can't ask someone to prove whether they are indigenous or not. Slight correction, this is part of a list of things requested to be included in a Treaty with the State of Victoria.
by heater31
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |