Search found 510 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

shoe boy wrote:Drivers that clearly can see 1 lane blocked ahead and drive past all that are waiting and slide in. :evil:

i refuse to let them in...
by woodublieve12
Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval - NEW Home of SA Footy

It is not FIFA compliant, FIFA states that the stadium must be all seated, as does hosting games of the Rugby World Cup. Hence why the hill and scoreboard will only remain for a few years, as soon as Australia hosts one of these major events it will be fully enclosed.

Its a disgrace, despite the look of a dunny seat which interstate people are already calling it, our great city is going from 2 Stadiums to 1, how is that progress???
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I hate this new safooty layout!!

That's nice. Do you need help finding the door.
by Dissident
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had dozens of replies and messages with "shit" or "I hate it". I'm tired of them. Simple as that.

I have NO PROBLEM with people giving constructive criticism and if you look through my posts I've done nothing but listen and take it on board. It's far from "someone not liking it so piss off" at all.

I tested this with moderators and various users for a month. I've tested it myself and made a billion changes and modifications. Late nights a-plenty.

So forgive me if once in a while, I really don't care for someone giving something that isn't constructive.
by Dissident
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Beenreal, how many magpie players do you expect to stick around and play for the power reserves next year? Wll be intesting to see how many do decide to stick around.

BW, I remain confident the opportunity to access the best training, rehab, welfare facilities in the competition, plus the prestige of winning a Premiership for Port Adelaide will be more than enough incentive for the PAFC's playing stocks to be more than adequately serviced.

I also think many will be surprised at both the numbers and the quality of those doing the upcoming pre-season under Darren Burgess.

Not every footballer plays simply for the money.
Beenreal, are you involved in the PAFC in anyway apart from being a supporter/member?

I think you live in a dreamworld, most players over the age 21/22 of will leave PAFC and look for opportunities elsewhere. Time will tell.

Probably going/Gone-
Gray
Beard
Watt
Kirkwood
Barnes
Heffernan
Heath
Slattery
Rose
Nyskohus
EDIT- Add Robson and Cockshell

There's just a few names I've read on here and ones I've been told that are leaving, I'm sure they'll be more names that'll come up. Anyone else on here got any more names leaving?

I have been told that Raisiwaka and Sharrad have signed to stay at the Power

I'm a proud and longtime Member of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Nothing amuses me more than supporters of other clubs spouting how they think my club is going to conduct itself. Supporters who wish their club had the long-term record of success that my club wears as a badge of honour.
Fair enough mate. I was a Magpies supporter until now.

Nothing amuses me more than you believing most ex Magpie players will want to stay at the Power.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Sad days isn't it.

Something has changed forever and will never be the same.

I thought the very same way when standing out front of the LeCornu site at North Adelaide last week.

Why do they have to build there? Something has changed forever and it will never be the same. Excellent analogy. You're good at this.
by smac
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Squids be allowed to return to safooty?

Failed Creation wrote:
Squids wrote:I vote No.

Welcome back, you were missed.

Failed Creation does not speak for all.
by Spargo
Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Jim05 wrote:
LBT wrote:Oh here we go...
Trott to return home due to stress-related illness

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/692405.html

Another Trescothick, soft cock

You write some shit on here, but this takes the cake.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

With Norwood able to recruit just two players from outside the club ‘s promotional zone due to penalties for breaching the salary cap , Ross said addressing the midfield was the priority.

FFS, we didn't breach the salary cap, we weren't even close to being over the salary cap.

Yes we did. Didn't exceed the cap, but we breached the policies in place.
by JK
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

how did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

*jealous face*

Just at home. Im totally not romantic (Believe it or not), and had roses delivered during the day for our 3rd anniversary.

She was stoked with that. I couldnt afford to take her anywhere coz Im broke from Xmas stuff, so after about half an hour of doing normal after work stuff, like feeding the cats, I said "Oh yeah, I got you something else. It's only small though". Then I got down on my knee and did it.

and then you gave her the ring after that.....

thank you thank you, im here all week
by Johno6
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WOMENS ASHES

Yes the women's ashes would be as interesting as watching all of you play the z grade level of cricket or football that you play/played. But good on you for having a go.
by cennals05
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Looking forward to the Adelaide Lightning and 36ers getting reserves sides in the CABL.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

A few posters bagged the crap out of Steve Smith, and look how that turned out.
Marsh has a good technique against the quicks. Growing up on the bouncy decks has helped.
Not saying he deserves his spot but the guy can bat and at his best will score big runs. Another bloody left hander though!

Difference there was while Smith was failing a test level he was going back to the shield and consistently averaging between 40-50 year after year
by whufc
Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Back to work after a week, and finding a letter on my desk informing me of a surprise pay rise.

**** you!
by HH3
Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

Lol at Stokes giving a sendoff... Congrats on getting your first win against our B-grade
by Q.
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

Tony Clifton wrote:Lawford would be handy if a fight breaks out

He looks like a not-soft Chris tremlett
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Going blind

and they said it was a myth....
by Footy Chick
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Crows wearing the state guernsey for their first game at Adelaide Oval. Even more reason to dislike them.
by cennals05
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Johno6 wrote:ahhhhh finals...

that time of year where I forget how to play football.

You're not the only one at your club that has that problem
by lutz
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerhutch wrote:people sooking about the crows

this pretty much sums most of you lot up :D

by woodublieve12
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

That "author" - and I use the term loosely" - failed to mention anything at all about all the non Port people, eg Kevin Sheedy, Leigh Matthews, as well as the non Port people on this forum, who can't believe the stupidity of this marketing gimmick.

So yes, that column is irrelevant, which pretty much sums up the Crows in the context of SA football history over the last 140 years.
by GWW
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stumps.... That's the think that's not getting through to you all. It's not about Port Adelaide football club, it's about a club claiming something that they have no rights to claim. As hard as the crows tried to make a case for it - they don't represent what that jumper stands for - A combined team of the best South Australian footballers.
by scoob
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Crows have a new guernsey to wear against Port

by Brodlach
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:yeah, that's probably it - I think I was only half listening to the telly maybe when it came on.

seems a pretty common theme for you lot.. ;)

Awesome sledge WUB, just used on the wrong target. FC cares about the crows as much as you or I :lol:
by valleys07
Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arsonists - these c#nts should be tied to a stake and doused in kero. Then those who have lost loved ones or their houses due to these fires, should have the opportunity to light the match and watch THEM burn.
by Spargo
Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

Mennie gets Forrest caught in the slips

4/30
by Brodlach
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scams

FOr those that have been around long enough, do you remember the scam we pulled on a scammer, with thanks to @Dogwatcher?

That was a belter! :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duromine v EC Stack v clen

facepalm.jpg
by Q.
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Oh, don't ever refer to her as "wide" instead of "wife" at any stage.
by Booney
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know she's preggers, but no need to call Loz "wide" just yet ;)
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Damn you auto correct.

the other day my phone typed wide instead of wife!!! 8-[
by woodublieve12
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lewy Mckirdy's radio mannerisms.
by Coach Bombay
Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** head customers that ring up first thing in the morning swearing at me about something I have nothing to do with and no knowledge of.

Turns out the problem is his own fault, and we've already bent over backwards for the ****.

Pretty close to telling him to go **** himself.

This is after being stuck in traffic coz of the new "Superway" which has just backed Pt Wakefield Rd up every morning all the way past Ryans Rd.

AND getting to work and having no email functions because some **** stick in the Philippines has decided to send spam emails through our servers and ****** the whole system up.

Awesome morning! Im ready to start swinging!
by HH3
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Lack of fitness still an issue. Couldn't run in the last quarter.

Tackling is still an issue at Adelaide too.

Got smashed 81-58 in tackles last night.

Can also be misleading tho can also mean your 2nd to the ball.
by carey
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There aren't enough gifs in the world to express how hilarious that is.

It's the airport all over again.

i for one would love to see this kind of thing introduced here...

look at the EPL and listen to their crowds chanting. It sounds amazing when they all start with the same chant. do you reckon they just wing it or have organised 'practice' sessions to nut out new chants?!?

a bit of tall poppy syndrome creeping in here methinks...

Nope, the fact that soccer relies on the crowd to create the atmosphere semonstrates why it is a 2nd rate sport.

It is the action on the field that creates the atmosphere and gets the crowd involved.

Truly cringeworthy.

Just when you thought the 19th man noise-o-meter couldn't be topped....

reinforces why I am an ex- Adelaide FC member
by am Bays
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If something as small as that turns you off being a member then the crows won't miss you

Speaking from my perspective it confirms my decision to turn my back on the club. Started out with salary cap breaches (the CEO should have walked for that one), the reserves issues with the lies and back flips coming out of their offices and finally the marketing department treating the general supporter base like morons with this 19th man concept and the chanting sessions is just the cherry on top

The biggest over site in all of that is that the Chairman and other board members should have walked for the Tippett cheating fiasco but far too easily escaped public criticism.

This chanting stuff adds just another level to the Crows embarrassing the entire state, whether you support them or not.
by JK
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

because the Australian legal system for the best part, is a farce.
by Footy Chick
Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

my head's spinning
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

So leaving after missing a couple of games wouldn't reflect on him at all?

To me, that would say "shit attitude".
by smac
Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Amazing to think its only taken 12 hours for everyone on here to really only talk about his weight, KFC, Hungry Jacks etc. The bloke is a quality cricketer (and bloke for that matter), these types of comments are ridiculous and are unrequired. Lets just let him score his runs and not snipe him when he isnt scoring runs because apparently he is overweight. Thrived down in Tasmania and at Glamorgan and at club level when the coaches told him runs are what you get picked on. He is no hack recruit like some of SACA's in the past, lets embrace him back in SA cricket and get around a home grown product in the SACA sides.
by the star
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, now I know it's that kind of "working bee"......I'll need the following ( in no particular order ) :

- A chair ( It might need to be moved at some point depending on my thermal comfort levels )
- A shady spot ( I mean out of the sun, not a "shady" spot )
- An esky
- Ice
- Box of Pale Ale
- People to direct. ( Obviously coherent people who acknowledge orders would be good )
- Dinner ( I'll advise when I'm ready )
- Some mood music for the slaves.....I mean helpers.
- Either a cab charge or lift home.

Supply that, a time and a place* and I'll be there.
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State game??

This thread was about the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League U/23 team that claims to represent the entire state. They also use a guernsey that a few weeks ago was planned to be used by our main South Australian club in the AFL, which at the time was declared sacrelegious and disrespectful.

I asked why it was called a "State Game" and everyone seems a bit defensive.

Firstly, the Crows aren't the "main" South Australian team, they're equals with Port.

Secondly, the team that will play against WA is a team made up of players from all different clubs, representing the state. They aren't one club playing off against another club for premiership points.
by HH3
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Ok, enough with the whinging PM's... here comes explanation.

I want everyone to go back and look though the last few pages. I've marked a few posts in red - and those are but a small example and not exhaustive by any means.

Now I'm not trying to pinpoint or make an example of anyone, I've done this simply to highlight the snideness that you all have been posting with over the last few days, not to mention PG who made me waste 10 minutes of my day deleting the bullshit he posted after his bender, plus other comments by other posters which I just couldn't keep on the boards.

My point is, is that if none of you can make your points without having to resort to cheap pot shots, either directly at another poster or at another club, then you won't have a thread to post in. There's a rule, it's called TROLLING and is punishable by banning. (No shit, I didn't make this up, ask admin :roll: ) I know they probably don't sound like pot shots to you when you write it but to the person/club it's aimed at, it is

What shits me most, is that some of you will blatantly take a pot shot and then come running to me when someone snipes them back.

I don't care how bloody passionate you are, if you can't stop and think "is what I write going to cause WWIII?, would I want someone to write this about my club?" then don't post it. It only makes you (and your club) look stupid. I think we're all capable of healthy discussion without this. There are many ways in which one can speak their minds without pissing people off. If someone finds one, please let me know ;)

Despite what you all think, I'm not here looking over you 24/7 - I can only do the best I can- but bugger me I'll go off if people start PMing me and having a go for not removing something., even though I removed something else. I'm not God, I don't see all.

Now when I decide to take the locks off this zoo, I'd like to see you all act like grown ups, which I know you all are - instead of childish little turds who have nothing better to do than abuse each other and make stupid and outlandish accusations on how much this person or team is getting paid. You can't prove it, so don't bother.

Div 6 is a bloody good comp this year, so let's focus on the positives, eh?

Any legitimate questions or concerns feel free to PM me, my door is always open.

Thanks
me xo
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Amateur League have to now step in, this is a lose lose situation for everyone concerned, the sides playing Kilburn are getting nothing apart from % out of games. I hate to see sides with so much history go under but this has to be addressed.

As for the comments re a Aldinga Sharks/Kilburn game prior to an AFL game, totally disagree with it, put some Div 1 sides on show so the public can see that there is decent footy being played out there
by locky801
Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs most important 5 players

Ablett
Prestia
O'Meara or Harbrow
Lynch
Thompson
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A question to Port and Crows fans. If the AFL turned around and said next year Port and Crows are only going to have a salary cap 50% of all the other teams, how would you feel?

I imagine there would be uproar. This forum would explode and so would the FIVEaa phone lines. This is how we feel. We have to go each week and watch 2 teams that are playing on a completely different playing field and we're suppose to accept it and stop whining. Why should we? I hardly think you would be if the shoe was on the other foot.

I could probably go into the AFL forum and get all the posts about how unfair it is that Sydney get COLA, yet some of you refuse to see how unfair the conditions are in the SANFL.
by cennals05
Mon May 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

The new rules are a load of frog shit, it confuses the kids and teaches them nothing, it even gives them negatives for life skills IMO. If you want something, go and get it, don't stand in the corner frumped up waiting to be handed life on a platter.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |