Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

There was a similar umpiring issue back in Div 7 a couple years ago, where the SAAFL appointed umpire was actually the Angle Vale umpire because of it being convenient for everyone except the opposition.

I think that enough people complained that SAAFL ended up stepping in and made him umpire neutral games, which affected their win/loss ratio from that point.
by Haynzy
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

The Finals in Div 8 are going to be great this year. Bloody hard to pick....

top 3 teams have all played twice and beaten each other once with Blackwood and Payneham both able to beat anyone on their day.

Golden Grove would have to be the favourite at the moment, having a strong second half to the season knocking off both TTG and PAOC.

Who said Div8 footy isn't exciting!!!
by Haynzy
Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As I said I feel for your C grade guys because they are the ones doing it tough - I would guess thier coach is doing the ring around each Thursday night to get enough guys to fill that side - do you guys pick your D grade first???

We could go on and on about this but its a decision your club has made and fair play to you - nothing outside the rules at all. I said it in earlier posts it is also a decision that could hurt you, pretty sure (but could definately be wrong) but guys who play B grade will not be allowed to drop back 2 grades in finals to play D grade if they happen to miss out on finals - I notived you had guys double up and play C grade on the weekend so numbers may be an issue at present?? I noticed FC said that she had a lot of injuries in the A and B grade to attend to on the weekend - are any of your D grade guys going to push up and cover these injuries because from what I saw there isnt many in the C grade that would be able to. Having A, B and D grade in the finals will hurt the bottom side and I wouldnt want to go into a finals game against the likes of PAC without a full bench because those guys will run you off your feet.

Don't worry Tex, HV are happy to play with 18 in the D's. Anyone outside their top dozen or so are just space fillers anyway.

With Jones feeding the likes of Schreier , Kuhar , and Fowler in the middle who then deliver to Steele and Aldenhoven , they'll be fine. Throw in Clay , Hellmanns , Robinson and Scott and I'm sure their sandbagging will pay off.
You forgot Dunstall and Morrisson, they go alright. But they probably weren't named in the best players where you looked

I reckon Jimmy would be one of the best players going around in that team, but good luck getting him to play higher. He never really seemed that interest in footy after Juniors. I'd rather have him playing D grade than not at all...

Where did Steele come from? That kid is a gun. Had a run against your boys a couple of weeks ago and he was the difference...
by Haynzy
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whats with all the rumours I'm hearing about 19 on the field for PAOC at the end of the game in the Div8R on Saturday???

Wasn't there, so not accusing anyone, just interested in hearing what happened...
by Haynzy
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |