Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Being relegated is a moot point. By all reports Glenunga were building a very good side that would have likely finished above ninth anyway. D5 just eliminated a serious contender.[/quote]

Do you think people at Glenunga might be a bit peeved that they were gearing up for a run at the premiership, and now they're gonna be fighting to make finals in Div 4.[/quote]
No, they would have declined the offer[/quote]

No, they have at a minimum guaranteed themselves a spot in Div 5 in 2015, or at best a spot in Div 3[/quote]

As a player I am very happy with the promotion. Club continues to move forward and we get the opportunity to play in a higher division. Some of us are very loyal to our club and would love to play in the higher divisions and now we get to take that opportunity! Premierships will come. Last time we were given the option to be promoted, we went to Div 6 and played in the GF
by ramming23
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Glenunga will not win a game.not enough quality.

Define quality for me? Would you like us to throw Ablett, Swan, Beams and Franklin into the mix..

Glenunga will do very well in Div 4, they will push for finals.

All I can say is, no matter what happens for us in terms of results this year, we are still better off than what we were going into this season and that's a positive for the club. Worst case scenario we go back to Div 5. Regardless the club has made the right decision.
by ramming23
Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Matty Apos playing his 300th game for the Glenunga Football Club this weekend! Great achievement and a great man to have around the club, what a legend!
by ramming23
Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dols wrote:Woody Sth miss a set shot from 30m out directly in front with a minute left, lose by 3 points and get relegated....,

After being given the biggest 25m penalty in amateur league history. Was bigger than an AFL 50
by ramming23
Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Glenunga have been approached by pulteney about a possible merger.

Are you sure that it wasn't the other way around???

Glenunga have been approached by Pulteney for a merger. It is currently under review by the committee. I'm not exactly sure how it will work etc but I can confirm it is being heavily looked into.
by ramming23
Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Adelaide Plains Football League Elizabeth Daniels, Mathew Pending 2017-05-25
Adelaide Plains Football League Elizabeth Walton , Danny Pending 2017-05-25

Trinity OS Elizabeth Rossack, Anthony Approved 2017-05-24 2017-05-25
Adelaide Plains Football League Elizabeth Ramsell, James Pending 2017-05-23

Dont know Rossack, but if Jimmy Ramsell comes back thats a great IN at EFC. Great bloke and if he plays Bs again, they wont lose a game for rest of the season!

Elizabeth B grade are miles ahead of the rest this only confirms they a definitely the team to beat this year. They beat a full strength Pulteney last weekrnd and have plenty of players to return. I fear for the rest of the competition in the back half of the season this could get ugly.

10 to go Zartan!
by ramming23
Fri May 26, 2017 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fitzroy will be without their gun full forward as of now has a appointment on Wednesday

How did that go today? Just for future reference to everyone on here to also avoid looking like total idiots - maybe everyone should just shut their mouth until it has actually happened? Everyone who has posted has been wrong, so let's just put this issue to bed for now. As far as I am concerned Fitzroy still have their gun full forward unless he is injured.
by ramming23
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Preseason Predictions:
Ladder after Rd 18:
1. Brahma Lodge
2. Elizabeth
3. Fitzroy
4. West Croydon
5. Ingle Farm
--------------------------
6. Trinity OS
7. Salisbury West
8. Houghton Districts
9. Pulteney OS
10. Mawson Lakes

Grand Finalist - Fitzroy v West Croydon
Premiers - Fitzroy
Leading Goal kicker - Chad Bourke (FIT)
Assoc Medal - Dene Steele (BL)

Great call Zartan. I recall you here having Fitzroy and WC playing off in a GF.. ;)
by ramming23
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.
by ramming23
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard Niven didn't apply, but was head hunted by the club.. ;)

Niven to Houghton

From memory Chad Burkes oldman Terry coached Houghton a few years back and won a Premiership, watch this space, would seem more likely than going to North Pines if he doesn't get the Fitzroy Gig and Leys stays at Glenunga.

Watch this space.. Lol you've got rocks in your head.
by ramming23
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Grapevine says it's true regarding the Para Hills coaching job and they are throwing the sink at Chad Bourke and Shaun Holland to coach. Bourke to play and Holland the whiteboard with Bamford footy director but Bourke and Holland are filthy with the way OB was treated as they both have a connection with OB. Be interesting to see what happens be great for Para Hills if this was to happen but highly doubt them 2 egos could work together. Big $$$ is what I'm hearing for these 2.

Can confirm Bourke was approached but has shut it down already. I've said it before and I'll say it again - he has no interest in coaching in 2018.
by ramming23
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

I can absolutely guarantee you they are not getting paid at west Croydon,no player is getting paid,believe what you want,I can assure you no one is getting paid

I think you’ll find that they might be.......unless you don’t count bar vouchers as payments?

Well if it is bar vouchers it's clearly not the type of coin all the flogs on here are claiming they are shopping themselves around for. Jesus Christ, anyone would think they're asking for serious $$$ with everyone's obsession about it on here.
by ramming23
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone game enough to have a crack at predicted ladder?
I'll go;

1. Elizabeth
2. West Croydon
3. Brahma Lodge
4. Para Hills
5. Trinity OS

6. Adelaide Lutheran
7. Greenacres
8. Rosewater
9. Salisbury West

Ramming23 Where will Fitzroy finish and why do you think Elizabeth will be a better side than West Croydon?

My apologies - I completely forgot about Fitzroy! Here is my amended ladder;

1. Elizabeth
2. West Croydon
3. Brahma Lodge
4. Para Hills
5. Trinity OS

6. Adelaide Lutheran
7. Greenacres
8. Rosewater
9. Salisbury West
10. Fitzroy

Elizabeth were a strong side at their best last year and have played together for a few years now which puts them slightly ahead of WC for me.

Here is my real predicted ladder for this year after taking the p*ss out of Arch in December last year :lol:

1. Trinity OS
2. West Croydon
3. Fitzroy
4. Elizabeth
5. Salisbury West

6. Para Hills
7. Adelaide Lutheran
8. Brahma Lodge
9. Rosewater
10. Greenacres

Brownlow: Lindsay (Fitzroy)
Coleman: Woodcock (WC)
by ramming23
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With McConnell suspended, leaves Elizabeth a little short, need to replace him in the ruck, so who goes to Prokopec?

Rossack? Upton? Reichelt?

If they cant stop the Prok tomorrow, he'll well and truly be on his way to 100!

Taylor went to him from what I understand. Didn't get to see the game but big result considering Woodland out for majority of the season and Mcconnell missing for 2. Soldiers out, next soldiers step up

Squads win Premierships!
by ramming23
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

On another note, how awesome are the facilities at Webb Oval?

The last time I was there (2015), Glenunga was in the middle of the rebuild, so this was the first I'd seen of the new setup.

Top notch, in my humble opinion.

Also, kudos to Foxy in Glenunga's B Grade; he's a ripping bloke.

I have passed on your kind words as he is such an old **** he only knows what a typewriter is :D
by ramming23
Mon May 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The footage on channel 7 looks sickening.

I don't understand how anyone could see that and think that team should remain in the comp for this year. It's amateur footy, people deserve to go out and play without having an absolute dog of a bloke knee them in the face when they are playing the ball. People have to go to work on Monday...

@carey @ramming23 you and others who attack the reporting team and defend these actions make me sick. Get stuffed.

Hey Jetters, let me unzip my pants and give you a dummy to suck on you sook. I retracted my comment about Salisbury West not being booted but I do not retract my comment about Trinity who are a bunch of absolute flogs.
by ramming23
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |