Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Well that would have been my preferance, but in the interest of the club, the committee have made a unanimous decision to pursue a position in a lower divsion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO going by what you wrote, the board took the easy way out! Any reason the board didn't approach the members and got there thoughts??? Like you said you would have prefered to stay up.

Like i said in an earlier post, i am certainly not having a go. Plympton were in the exact same position in 2005. But instead of asking to be relegated we battled it out, 30-40 goal loses to PNU on 2 occasions. winless for the whole year and believe it or not and in a strange way made the core group of players who stuck around tighter and in 2011 that same core group were rewarded with a flag... ALOT of work was done!!!

Correct WUB - we were going that rough that year that I was umpiring the B Grade then after the game had to quickly run off the ground get changed and face up in the A Grade.

Unfortunately part of being a club means that you need to go through the pain if you want to go through the spoils, and then that makes the spoils feel all the more special especially for those that were there in the rough times.

Turn the argument around, would a side call the SAAFL and request to be moved up a grade because they just reruited 15 guns and thought it would be bad for the comp if they won by 20-30 goals each week? Of course they wouldnt, they'd want to win the flag!
by Jabber
Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rule exists for these extreme circumstances.

Would take some exceptional recruiting to replace players lost without breaching the points limit.
by Q.
Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone is carrying on about BL sucking it up and dealing with it.. i was under the impression that all BL were doing was activating the clause that allows them to elect not to go up a grade? No different to any of the div 7 sides that have done the same in recent seasons, or sides who have been fortunate enough to stay up as a result. The rule is there, they aren't doing anything wrong.. play on and welcome back Mitcham..
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Chris Ladhams to Broadview.
Ladhams and Boras inside forward 50 will kick some serious goals.
That's if the 2 don't get in each other space.
by THACHY_7
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They might be kicking themselves at season's end
by Q.
Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:They might be kicking themselves at season's end

I get it, I get it :lol:
by wristwatcher
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick game of devils advocate if Kilburn had of gone down to C1 but still had 8 or 9 A grade players available and made a complete mess of a C grade side would everybody be saying the league did the wrong thing and they should have stayed in D3. Sometimes you have to let situations play out to be able to find the correct solution.
by bandar
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

jo172 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:just curious does the SAAFL do drug tests ?? or not at this standard of football

Can your amateur league club sack you for snapchatting dick pics?

Asking for a friend.

Did someone send you a snapchat of Owen??? :lol:
by wristwatcher
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Golden Grove clearly the best side in Div 4. Salisbury West next, then Eastern Park. Whoever the other two sides who make the finals are - they could cause an upset if things went their way and one of the "Big 3" had a bad day. But its the GG v the rest IMO. SW v EP to see who plays them in the big dance. Pooraka, HV, Heccies, Glenunga, Kenilworth to fight out who will make up the five. Not really saying anything you all don't already know.
I'm sure GG will be eager to make up for last year's finals disappointment. Anything less than a flag would be another big finals choke for the Burras..
by S Demon
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Probably not the smartest thing in the world to do when complaining on a public forum that you ain't getting paid especially if an ATO official ever stumbles accross it....

Can't pay tax if you don't get paid...
by easy TIGA
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

I would love to see Payneham do the 3peat. Has anyone ever won three consecutive Premierships in different divisions? Tough ask but would be an amazing achievement by the club to win 3, 2, 1. Who knows with the list they had last year, if they can retain majority of those players and maybe add one or two big men, I would seriously consider them as a threat to this division.
Didn't Modbury have a fair run from Div 5 - Div 1 (not all consecutively, but 3 of them might have been)..?

Woodville South went Div 5 to Div 1 I reckon

And Woody South went the other way just as quickly.
by Sturtman
Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/goodysaints

Buddha had both groups in after the match and his comments two both sides were really well received. Port got a solid hit out and their players were made to earn it. Goodys had a first hand look at the next level. Ports spread and run was very impressive. Saints kept at it all night but lost puff and concentration for the last 15 minutes. Port's squad was all AFL listed except for about 6 blokes. Bloody great experience.
by Notfromaroundhere
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's

Not sure who you are hearing from, but he gave you wrong information. So a-grade coach is seeing out the rest of the season?

Maybe I didn't clarify it when i said you had been given wrong information in relation to what you "heard".

" Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's "

Yes, Coach has parted ways, but not for the reason you cited.

so, as stated, you've been given wrong information.
by redyellow&blue
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

IMO
Sometimes the perfect storm happens for a football club.
Coach that had ties with glenunga and players, then the same go at Portland
Plus a lot of mates in between getting in the ears!

Obviously a good coach and mate or had positive impact on people and have a crack to get some players.

West Croydon are well known for not being a cash throwing club.
You sell a good culture and success and make the right moves to tempt players.

There's obviously a vision down there, and people are buying.
by roar88
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol at peoples tangents and acrobatic acts being utilised..people creating their own arguments and assumptions to justify their answer on a simple question...

I've answered your question you muppet. If your club culture is shit and blokes want to leave, maybe you should think about changing the culture.
by Q.
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone game enough to have a crack at predicted ladder?
I'll go;

1. Elizabeth
2. West Croydon
3. Brahma Lodge
4. Para Hills
5. Trinity OS

6. Adelaide Lutheran
7. Greenacres
8. Rosewater
9. Salisbury West

Ramming23 Where will Fitzroy finish and why do you think Elizabeth will be a better side than West Croydon?

My apologies - I completely forgot about Fitzroy! Here is my amended ladder;

1. Elizabeth
2. West Croydon
3. Brahma Lodge
4. Para Hills
5. Trinity OS

6. Adelaide Lutheran
7. Greenacres
8. Rosewater
9. Salisbury West
10. Fitzroy

Elizabeth were a strong side at their best last year and have played together for a few years now which puts them slightly ahead of WC for me.

Here is my real predicted ladder for this year after taking the p*ss out of Arch in December last year :lol:

1. Trinity OS
2. West Croydon
3. Fitzroy
4. Elizabeth
5. Salisbury West

6. Para Hills
7. Adelaide Lutheran
8. Brahma Lodge
9. Rosewater
10. Greenacres

Brownlow: Lindsay (Fitzroy)
Coleman: Woodcock (WC)

:lol: Only because I gave you your boots back!
by Arch44
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Honestly. Glenunga ain’t that great. Their coach is a genuine peanut. Wundke is a loser. Talks more than he plays. Kyle Parks flogged him yesterday and he tried to drop the old I play 10 years in sanfl. Under 14s development squad don’t count champ. Kilburn has 10 missing and played the better footy for 3 outta the 4 qtrs. When their full squad is back good luck!!!

Surely your taking the piss? I’m pretty sure everyone is sick of hearing “when kilburn has there full team” lol.. we are almost half way through the season and kilburn are sitting 3rd to bottom? If it wasn’t for us losing points during the week you would be in relegation zone.. nobody has their full squad playing every game, teams learn to adapt to that! Obviously you don’t because for the last 6 weeks all we keep hearing is how good kilburn are gonna be when they get these “15 stars” back in the team haha.. it’s probably time to stop talking shit on the forum and start trying to get the boys into gear, save yourself from playing division 5 next year!!
by #bleedredandblue
Sun May 20, 2018 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personal barriers impacted his ability to continue on in the role and to the best of his ability I believe, otherwise he’d still be at the helm.

Incredibly unfortunately set of circumstances.

Sugar coat much?
It is alleged that the presidents wife bad mouthed his daughter and he didn't like it so they mutually agreed he should walk away.

The presidents wife had nothing to do with it and its not really anyones business what happened either.
I think everyone should move on and not speculate or spread rumours .

May as well shut this forum down now then.
by carey
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive known of Mr Leys when he made valuable ongoing contributions at my club

I knew him as a man who would consistently devote hours and hours of his time to juniors and seniors on & off the field each and every week

For a man who has won SANFL premierships and played a bucket load of AFL games his ongoing contribution to grassroots footy is absolutely tremendous. We as a football community are lucky to have him in our ranks

And now he has steered a bottoming out club to back to back premierships what else can the guy do right

and geeze a coach had a massive spit once upon time, first coach ever to do so was he?

He was a mongrel of a centre half back and that aggressive nature is what made him a champion of the game. Someone in your experience must of copped a bit of that passion during a pressure game im sure he was later apologetic.
by marbles
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |