Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: Central District 2014

Great work by Centrals refusing to allow a group of U16's to play their cricket finals in both the Para Districts and Barossa comps.
They've been told if you choose to play cricket finals and don't turn up for the trial games next 2 Saturdays - don't bother coming back!
You would think that with only 2 more weeks of junior cricket they could give the boys a break.
by Homer J
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Umpires kept Tanunda in it, their last 3 goals came from dubious free kicks in front of goal.

still was a great game in the second half.

Gotta love a good aeroplane after kicking the winning goal!
by Homer J
Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Just heard that Ian Williamson, Nugget Morris and Ray Smith all signed to Central United today.

Not sure if 100% correct

Reason EP folded was due to ridiculously high outstanding fees over a large period of time owed, EP have gotten debt collectors involved

From my understand literally ever cricketer owes fees for multiple years and won't be cleared to any clubs until they are paid in full

I'm happy to be wrong but that's my understanding of the situation

Allegedly the fees owing for those 3 is allegedly around $500 each so unless CU have forked out around $1500 I'm not sure they will get cleared

Didn't say they were cleared, just signed (and training) with CU,

I don't get clubs that are happy to allow players to go year after year with out paying fees, then when things turn to 5hit, the club folds and the player asks for a clearance they want to go back multiple years worth of payments. I understand holding things up for the previous seasons fees but its the clubs bad luck if they let them get away with multiple seasons of no payments. IMHO
by Homer J
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great to hear that Craigmore have put a Junior Team in the Adelaide Turf U/17 Comp, be interesting to see how they stack up on Turf.
by Homer J
Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The new rules on email scores not required are a pain in the arse, if clubs complain that they aren't getting any coverage in the messenger they will be getting told.

Oh well, reward the ones that do the right thing, it's not that hard for clubs to get the player stats into into MyCricket on Sunday. Jeez it only takes 5mins per team.
Maybe when the Association removed email scores they should have changed the MyCricket entry rules as well to Sunday night.
by Homer J
Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Last time I did a comparison of fees it was actually cheaper to play Premier Cricket at a club rather than a community Club just 5 minutes down the road.

Not sure that's right for all clubs,

When my boys played District Juniors it cost $320 for Rego fees plus about $150 for clothing.

Their community club cost $160 + $5 a game ball fees (about $60 for the season) and they got a free playing shirt and hat.

When you add the travel required, it cost a lot more to play District.
by Homer J
Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck with that,
2 of them came out 4 weeks ago and signed up with Central United only to be denied a clearance due to money owed to EP.
Hopefully for Smithfield they've now paid up the money.
looks like there taking the soft option of an easy premiership in Grade 3 instead of playing Grade 1 at the Units.
by Homer J
Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

carey wrote: Players literally had no idea what the f*}k was going on

The Central United players knew exactly what was going on,
They were getting spanked by a Team that shouldn't be in Div 7.
by Homer J
Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North Pines Adelaide Lutheran Weetra, Joshua Pending 2017-05-24

17 years old and building up quite a list of clubs he's been at already:

North Pines
Angle Vale
Central United
Ingle Farm
Eastern Park
Adelaide Lutheran

As good as he could potentially be and don't worry he'll tell you,

I bet none of them clubs are sorry to see him go. Very high maintenance
by Homer J
Wed May 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I saw Central United gave Para Hills a fright for 3 qtrs. today, unfortunately their superior Div5 fitness level got them over the line in the last qtr. :)
In other news Para Hills No1 Forward was well held to only 1 goal by one of the units young fellas!
by Homer J
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another mega$$ sporting club renovation wasted by the Salisbury Council.
Meanwhile the Salisbury Football Club and Northern Districts Cricket Club at Salisbury Oval can't even get toilets in their change rooms.
by Homer J
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North Pines have risen from the Dead?

Units told last Night that its Game on this week, A's & B's at North Pines.

I guess they'll find out when they turn up.
by Homer J
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to North Pines getting two team up today, B's was a close game, A's a blow out.
Hopefully they can finish off the season now.
In other news Dutchy Holland turned up for a quick look and promptly got 3 votes from the umpires.
by Homer J
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is crazy you loose a couple of games against probably the best 2 teams in the first 2 rounds and still hit over 200 against an improved Craigmore and had SW 5 for 50odd and you ask to move down grades?

I'm not sure what's changed at PDCA, this was always against PDCA Policy, plenty of clubs have asked in the past to move down with good reason and were always denied.
by Homer J
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PDCA U21's.jpg

Well done to the PDCA U21's on winning the SAMCA Cup Grand Final today against Suburban. A good close game played in good spirits by both teams.
16yo Tyson Richard from Craigmore the standout today with a 5fa.
by Homer J
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Not sure what all this micky mouse college crap has got to do with Div 7 Football. Nobody cares about college crap.

1 week to the real stuff, whose ready for round 1!
by Homer J
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I played at Elizabeth North in 83 and 84 at Dauntsey Oval, is still carried on a few year later I believe.
The Rowland Bros, Brett and Ken Ainsbury, Peter Cordes, Stephan Lind are afew of the players I remember. Hodges was the coach I think at the time.
This was still in the CDFA.
by Homer J
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PDCA documents for the upcoming AGM are out.. and two clubs have officially applied to join the competition..
Peninsula Pirates & Para Vista Lutheran.

Clubs will vote on their applications at the AGM.

Both club accepted last night, welcome to the PDCA.

Will be interesting to see what grades they fall in to.

No EP, Smithfield or Adelaide Warriors present last night, hope thats not a sign for the future.

Fair fine for not turning up at the AGM.
by Homer J
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But I heard the other day central United are a good chance of having no cricket at the club this season, which means riverside would stay up and instead of Benny coming across, woody will instead.. One of the 2 will be at EP this season, if not both of them!

Tell him hes dreaming!

CU were at the AGM and they've nominated 3 mens teams and 1 womens same as last year.

Maybe if someone from EP could be bothered turning up you would know.
by Homer J
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard that the PDCA Under 21 side got beaten yesterday.
Scores aren't up but it's always a tough gig, the side listed looked alright though.

PDCA all out for 130ish, Turf made them 3 down inside 30 overs.

The available players did ok, but a pity they can't get all the best U21 players to play,
not sure why Mitch McIver, Tyson Richard and the Childs Boys didn't play this year.

PDCA won the comp last year with the first 2, and had 6 players in the team of the year.
by Homer J
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:GRADE 2
NP 125.37
NEK 121.84
CU 97.83
EU 95.61

CR 84.43

NEK should really be top, I doubt NP will get to keep the outright points they have for the previous round given the match was stopped before the end.
by Homer J
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

The Bedge wrote:I see Mitchell Park went to the Smithfield school of counting player points. :lol:

Units now in the 4!
by Homer J
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

The Bedge wrote:Solid recruiting from Units - Jamie & Tony Lane, and Pete Dempsey.. should dominate D7.

Tony dont think has played in a few years so will be zero points.

Jamie played a few years of Juniors at the Units so would be Zero points as well.
by Homer J
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
When was the last season CU had a upper junior side?

CU had Juniors until 2014 in NEMJFL, they still had up to U/16's in 2013, from memory Adam played with my son around 2010 or 2011.
by Homer J
Wed May 12, 2021 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe the runner told the player he didn't like his 80's New Wave music!
by Homer J
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

20210824_090852.jpg
by Homer J
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Big Phil wrote:Some experience hanging up the boots at Norwood.

Retirements announced at The Legs B&F tonight,..

Mitch Grigg
Richard Douglas
Michael Talia
Cameron Shenton
Paul Puopolo
Brad McKenzie

Gee, that will free up the salary cap of 4 clubs!
by Homer J
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

whufc wrote:Who we going for Most Runs / Most Wickets / Player of the Year

Div 2
Runs- Arifii
Wickets- Luke King
POTY- Hibbert

Be tough for Luke to take the most wickets as he's gone back to Gawler Central in the BL&G.
by Homer J
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Sad to hear about former gun PDCA Junior Tyson Bray.
His dad held Eastern Park Juniors together for many years before Tyson went to the Jets ultimately playing A Grade before heading to Walkerville.

Details below of a fundraising game being held by Walkerville against the Jets for him, also theres a go fund me page trying to raise much needed funds for his treatment.
Hopefully former team mates and opponent's will get behind this cause.

Walkerville is a community-run club with many loyal people representing the club. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, one of our young players, Tyson Bray, has been through hell and back.

Last year his doctors found multiple tumours all down his spine and brain. Whilst they got it early, he went through numerous rounds of chemotherapy to get rid of these tumours.

In December, Tyson was told that they were almost gone and that in January, he would receive his last dose of chemo. Things were looking up for Tyson, and he was keen to get back to what he loves, playing cricket with his mates.

Unfortunately for Tyson, at what was to be his final check, the scans revealed the tumours had grown on his spine and, of more concern, his brain.

Doctors have deemed it too risky at this stage for an operation. Instead, he will be requiring intensive chemo and radiotherapy for an extended period which is extremely expensive, especially after doing rounds of chemo last year and will take a heavy toll on the wellbeing of Tyson and his loved ones.

For everyone who knows Tyson, this is hard news. Tyson is a salt of the earth kind of guy. Someone who is always looking out for his mates and would be the first to come to anyone’s aid should they need it. For these reasons, the club has decided to rally around Tyson and do whatever it can to help Tyson and his family during this challenging time.

That is why, on the 18th of February, his two clubs in Walkerville and Northern Districts will play against each other in a T20 game to help raise funds for Tyson.

The match will be called ‘The Brayvest Battle’ held at Walkerville Oval at 5pm. We hope to make the occasion a fun, joyful event for Tyson in what may be his last game of cricket. The bar will be open; there will be food and music.

We have set up this GoFundMe page and hope to raise as many funds for Tyson as possible to take that burden from him, with the goal of raising $10,000.

We would love it if you or your company could donate to help Tyson. Anything will help!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/nhy3f5-help-tyson-bray-with-his-brayvest-battle?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR2AZb4_xGzgSO1Z6QoZEy9gqajQNosWC9vKHkX987ehq0mGCMyRRwxIOR8
by Homer J
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |