Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Baron Greenback wrote:Zac Bates rookie listed by Geelong. Well done young fella.

Just wish Young Mason Middleton wasn't so casual about his footy
by Basher McCracken
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Only reason South did not finish 2013 in top 3 like many predicted was Fuller from what I understand. So having only lost one player of note and loosing less AFL players than most other clubs, they should be certainty's to finish 2014 in top 3 - no recruiting needed
by Bunton
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Norwood v West @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 9/8)

johntheclaret wrote:Don't be so smug.

Every team has it's good time and bad times

"Disappointed we didn't win by 100 points" just makes you sound like you're up your own arse. Take the win and be gracious.

Mustn't have been at Adelaide Oval on Anzac Day, grace from the winners was in abundance that day.
by SpionKopster
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Live scores

The bloods are top. How did that happen.
by Happy Endings
Sat May 30, 2015 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone have a link where you can see all the vote getters?
The SFL generally don't publish it
Ahhh k. Bit odd. Thanks for the reply mate

Wouldn't want little Johnny finding out he did not receive any votes - we're all equal here...

On the flip side LGIL..... Strong rumour out of Last nite.
What if ya dad was an umpire and your son won a medal, think we would all like to see whether that dad gave his son 3 votes every time he umpired him :shock: .

Lets be transparent SFL... post the votes..... :oops:
by oneuponedown
Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An environmentalist's financial institution?
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of people going over old ground, covered so many times so though I would do a quick write up on my thoughts/what I have heard for the upcoming year.
Flagstaff Hill Could go one of 2 ways after last years finals choke, should make the GF
Reynella Flag favourites with a few players and brown paper bags moving around
Brighton Surprise grand finalists, good honest team who will perform well in finals because of fitness and big ovals
Noarlunga Always land a few big fish around this time of year, Finals spot will determine who they get
M Ville Park A few years of finals footy, I have them slipping down the ladder
Christies, one of the best performed teams of last year, with all teams making the Prelim (iirc) recycling an old coach who didn't have much success seems strange, and there are a few locals unhappy, Club would be expecting atleast a prelim with recruits that have come in.
Morphett Vale, recruited well, have a coach that should be able to get the most out of the team, although not to many at Mclaren were to disappointed to see him leave
Happy Valley For a club with so many numbers and juniors, last year would be probably the most disappointing of all teams! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians off field
Port Noarlunga Would expect with them missing the finals last year and the easier draw (pattern of the last few years) for them to improve, but im not hearing any good things with a lot of the older players staying around and taking the $$$ without the passion
Cove New Coach will be interesting, haven't got a lot of ins yet, Similar to last year
Marion Havent heard much, so would expect the same
Hackham Still suffering from the Clifton regime, haven't heard to many promising reports
OSB Lonsdale Have a few handy clearances in, but also lost their best 2 players from last year
Aldinga As always a few clearances in, need the recruits to stick around for a few years to try and turn it around, Finally seem to have juniors filtering through which is the key for them

Not sure how you would know what's happening at Oval Rd but there are no brown paper bags. A successful playing environment and good people wins out over $$$ every time.

Time to crawl back in your hole
by RFC 2010
Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

tigerpie wrote:Brighton got belted by 100 points today.....div 3 might be too high? :lol:

Maybe it says the wineflies should be in Div 1
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 grand final crowd prediction

Would need either Sturt vs Glenelg or Norwood vs Glenelg for a big crowd. Sturt and Norwood supporters are one and the same aren't they? A redleg and double blue scarf either side of their Crows scarf in the wardrobe?
by Aerie
Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Notice the mercenary brigade is heading to Waikerie!! pay money I will come but will not return anything to the club who funds me..
by vics01
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've heard Graham 'Charlie' Charlton has passed away.
A great Riverland man. My condolences to the family.
I spent a lot of time talking and working with Charlie during my time in the Riverland. He was devoted to his family, the Riverland and sport. I don't think his contribution to sport up there has been recognised enough. With ever-shrinking media and networked radio further taking over the rural landscape, there may never be another like him.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any early predictions for 2019 season??

Waikerie
Renmark
Barmera Monash
Berri
North
Loxton

Premiers: Waikerie
Leading Goals: Daniel Nobes
Whillas: Levi Proude

Will be a big difference between the top half & the bottom half I think but still early days...... Berri to break into the 4 just.
by SuperFrank
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The club has burnt there own bridges. I know of major sponsors of the football club that have contributed to the club for 25 years plus and would now not give a penny to the club. Hurry up and fold and let's remember the real Cobdogla FC
by Bluesroos
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |