Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

G,day Boys only just discovered this topic.

I started a weight loss program about 12 months ago to get me fitter for football umpiring (boo the forum goes :lol: )

i managed to get myself down from 93.5kg to 66kg between that time and the benefits have been use. only downside is the bank account after buying a whole heap of new clothes :P

been reading everyone else's progress and all i want to say is keep it up your all going great.
by Power From Port
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 - Adelaide v Sturt @ Thebby

Crowd 3,123
Yep, thought it was around the 3,200 mark.
Crowd split was about 5 or 6 to 1 IMO. Which is actually a lot of Crows fans by their standards. So possibly about 600 Crows fans, being generous. They even had a cheer squad of about 20 kids or so.
What I'd really like to know is, when did they build that state of the lql scoreboard? It is slightly bigger than the traditional SANFL wooden scoreboard, except it was completely electronic, and as I mentioned in my long post, it's capable of showing TV standard quality moving pictures. I imagine you could hook it up to give replays and live feed from the cameras, as though they didn't do this on Saturday.
Do what's it used to when the oval isn't being used to SANFL every 4 years? Do they play other sports there? OT is there some future plan?

the SAAFL is based at Thebby and is used quite frequently by them
by Power From Port
Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

First of all let me say Sydneys mids Kennedy aside are flat track bullies, thats a flogging in 14 and 16 now. Struggling to justify the salary cap they take. The recruiting of Franklin has been an out and out failure, 3 years no flags, reportedly just moving into the biggest pay packet of his contract which will see Mitchell become a Hawk. How awesome 2 flags, no Buddy and now we get one of your best mids, lol lol lol. Sydney cant win a flag with the current list, ive never been surer of that, the list will get pulled apart more and more for the last 6 years of Lances contract, lol lol lol
Congrats to the Dogs, took full advantage of the system presented to them. Lets not get too carried away, only way they survive 1st week of the finals is because of the bye. Its a disgrace and Gillon should be sacked over it, absolutely no advantage to the teams that bust their guts to finish top 4. Huge asterisk *****
Fantastic coaching effort from Bevo, obviously has the players 120% playing for him....... but...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...... Bob Murphy isnt the 1st to miss a Grand Final through injury and wont be the last, **** he's not even the 1st captain to miss. Lets keep the day for the ones that earn it ffs or should we make it a participation medal like the U10s, why not just give a medal to everyone who played AFL this year. Murphy should be embarrassed to accept it and I hope Beveridge never gets another win, they arnt something to throw away willy nilly.
And lastly Sydney were carrying about $300 of my hard earned and i couldnt be happier to lose it all. I like to think I contributed in a small way.

Agree with most of that except the Bob Murphy thing

Premierships are won with more than 22 players, I'm not sure rewarding the players who also played throughout that season would be turning it into an u/10 participation award, I think if anything the current set up of giving it only to 22 who play rewards mediocrity when it separates players who may be playing their second game of the year in the gf to an injured bloke who may have played 15 games that year

Where do you draw the line, why doesnt Suckling Jong and Wallis get one? Far more deserving than Murphy who played 4 games. Why stop there, lets give Chris Grant, Brad Johnson and Doug Hawkins one too

Yep I agree with Days here.
Only the players on the day deserve the medal.
Shit there is hard luck stories every year........That's life!

Being a good bloke shouldn't give you the right to be 'GIVEN' a premiership medal IMO.

Give it a rest you sooks. It was Beveridge's medal and he can do with it what he wants. If he wants to give it to Bob Murphy then that's his decision.
by Power From Port
Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Dutchy wrote:Lofty win the T20 title chasing down Meadows 164 after being 4/84 after 14 :D

Not sure why Nairne were in the comp? make up even numbers?

Because the HCA asked if they we're keen and they were, bit like Basket Range & Lenswood playing in the AEH T20 comp in recent years
by Power From Port
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |