Search found 91 matches

Return

Re: What is the best South Australian Song of all time??

Magpiespower wrote:Sandi McMenamin is definitely from Adelaide.

Still not sure how she didn't top this list?

Scandalous!

Bloody brilliant ! :lol:

What a awesome film clip too ;)
by southee
Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Failed Creation wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:No love for Animal House and National Lampoon's Vacation?

Animal House is one of the greatest movies ever written.

Agreed !!!
by southee
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Round 1

Panther Pack wrote:There's a buzz building down South!!!!

Heard crowd may be bigger than expected!!!!!

Definitely a good and different vibe around the place.

South by 3 to 4 goals.
by southee
Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v South Post Game

Great contest on Saturday.
I seriously thought we were gone in the 2nd quarter but to come back like that from 4 to 5 goals down is very impressive and just shows how this South side has changed (the South of old is gone!) The players kept on staying to the structures Brad Gotch has implemented.
Gulden, Eddy, Liddle, Rankine, Dale, Brooksby best for me. Thought Rankine held Habel well when put on him.
I thought Centrals really came out and put the pressure back on South. Their tackling for most part of the game was excellent. Habel was very dangerous up forward,
Interesting to hear Nick Murphy interviewed at 3/4 time saying he thought "fitness"will help South get over the line. I thought that was the key factor in the last 1/4 ....South outran Centrals and used the open space very well.
4 wins 0 loses.....sort of feels very surreal for me. Can not remember the last time I have seen such a great start to the year.

The supporters are coming out and the bandwagon is well and truly rolling ....ALL ABOARD !!!

Now time to win against the Eagles and stick it right up money bags Ainger and Wundke,

Bring it on!!!! ;) #therearenolimits
by southee
Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest guitarists of all time

Angus Young greatest guitar player of all time???

Seriously???

He has a great feel but it is just basic blues scales. :shock:
by southee
Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

After going out to Alberton on Saturday and seeing what the all the fuss is about myself I walked out thinking "that is truly the death of the SANFL".

It is a complete farcical competition now and the SANFL bigwigs with the other SANFL clubs that voted YES for this mess should hang their heads in shame!

It is an absolute disgrace!
by southee
Mon May 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doc Neeson gone

Devastating news today.

One of greatest rock front men ever......

RIP up in the heavens Doc......your music will last forever and I know many generations to come will still be listening to you ......

:(
by southee
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Gozu wrote:Courtney Love @ Thebarton Theatre Fri 15th Aug

Spiderbait @ The Gov Thurs 28th Aug

I was thinking of going to see Courtney Love but not 100 % sure.....

....could be a great show or an absolute train wreck !!! :shock:
by southee
Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Game of thrones

..... And the freaks that follow it like Scientology !!'

:evil:
by southee
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

I see no issue with this.....surly they will hire their own security guards/individual body guards soon with all the $$$$$ they have ???

Seen other SANFL clubs get abused many times (including our club).....these guys are treated like rock stars and are as soft a butter!!!!!

HTFU
by southee
Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

From what a heard today on the radio between 5AA/Triple M from Rowey, Roo, Ditts, Jarman, Mcdermott, Lewis and others it just made me think what media puppets these guys have become. Obviously they have a job to do by promoting and "talking up"the AFL - it is what they are paid to do but I am sure someone is putting the money in the pockets of the media outlets in Adelaide to not say anything"negative"about both Port/Crows.

Just showed me what complete media wH0res and puppets they have become.....very sad to see once such passionate players of the SANFL not have an opinion. (or have been shutdown by the powers that be!!!!) :(
by southee
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - West v Adelaide @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 4

LPH wrote:Crowd prediction?
Lucky to get 1500?

Nah.....the crows band wagoner supporters will all be on board !!!! :roll:
by southee
Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wanted To Buy/To Swap/Giveaway Music

The Sleeping Giant wrote:A pirate radio station would be fantastic in Darwin. Radio here is abysmal.

Sounds like Adelaide !!! :oops:
by southee
Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Black Sabbath - Mob Rules (1981)
by southee
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Robin Williams - your favourite memories/movies

I am a massive fan of underrated gems of his work like Insomnia and One Hour Photo .

Showed the darker side of Williams acting . Great performer and sad to hear about his passing.
by southee
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

I reckon it's been a great, close season. The 18 round season has been good, but most importantly my team hasn't been impacted by a heap of players not even from my club. Seamus has been able to choose his side each week on his own terms. You can bitch and moan about how it's an unpure competition but it was that way since 1991.

Ask a Panther supporter whether they've hated this year. I doubt it!

The sky didn't fall in guys...

Would hate it if we made the Grand Final and Power reserves won.............then the sky would fall in !!! :evil:
by southee
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

Reckon we can get over the double blues .

Going to be a extremely tough contest but if we can hold a few of the key players in their side .... We will get over the line.

South by 21 points.

Just so excited to see us doing well this year. Been a bloody long time .
by southee
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

Hopefully Port can wear their away guernsey so it does not clash with us !
by southee
Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

On behalf of the entire SANFL community we need you South. We need you to keep the AFL out of our sacred and historic Grand Final.
The Norwood Football Club did their job tonight so PLEASE South finish them off next week.
We will all be on your side and I believe many Norwood supporters, in fact many, many neutral supporters will be at the game cheering for you.
All of us are Panther supporters for a week.

Good post !

We will be doing our hardest to keep the filth away from our historic SANFL grand final .

Going to be really tough though :?
by southee
Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: adelaide oval SANFL experiance

I would have thought that wasn't an issue Jim.
I always think of South supporters as non drinking church goers.
Sturt fans would have brought their own disguised in Diet Coke Bottles
Norwood fans only drink Latte
And Port is an AFL reserve team
So CUB was the correct choice afterall
;)

South Church goers ????

Well hope to God they win on Sunday and take out the GF !!!

Let us prey ;) :prayer:
by southee
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

South Adelaide
by southee
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Summerton has no credibility !

The guy is a sheep !
by southee
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations Norwood

I definitely will not be at the GF this year .

The first one I have missed in a long long time.

No interest .

Absolute BS year !!!!!
by southee
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is.
At only the most superficial of levels. You can call your dog a horse; it's still a dog.

That is correct, you can call the magpies the power, but we are still the magpies.

So is that why your cheer squad were chanting "power" at the game ?
by southee
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye SAFM

The quextion I ask people these days ......I stick to my spotify or digital radio. (and my collection on vinyl records)

Radio is just pure crap in 2014 :oops:
by southee
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

How does it compare to their last album?

on first listen, slightly worse but similar. certainly not bad by any means but certainly not The Colour And The Shape . in fact i think i have to go listen to that next :D
None of the albums they made after The Colour and the Shape could compare to The Colour and the Shape so they were never going to reach that level again. Doesn't mean they're not good albums/songs though, I love the Foo Fighters and I love all their music. I'm just glad they're still making music, much better than listening to the sh!t on the radio.

So far pretty meh to me.

They're trying to do what the Beatles failed at with the original "Let it Be" album concept. Except in just one place they're trying to do it in 8 locations. They're going to a city and putting themselves on the clock to write a song in a certain amount of time instead of letting inspiration come naturally. Hence why these songs aren't up to muster, IMO.

Still, that said.....better than 99% of the crap FM radio have on their playlists ATM.
by southee
Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Full South home and away membership purchased tonight. (and panther cub membership for the daughter)

Had a good chat to Nick Liddle too !

Bring on the season.

by southee
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

DOC wrote:Port by 15 goals, Should not lose a game all year.

Power reserves will lose a few games . Just to fool the other sanfl supporters to show us they are "on a level playing field" and "see it can be done" attitude ! :roll:
by southee
Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

You could see this coming from a mile away !

Sad that the other clubs who voted for it to happen are now bringing South and Central down with the sinking ship !

Give yourselves a clap =D>
by southee
Mon May 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood VS Adelaide

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Since 1964.....

Still haven't forgiven them. Booney? ;)

regards,

REB

Power Reserves have not won a premiership yet, so that's 1- 0 .....our way ! :)
by southee
Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

johntheclaret wrote:According to RPH it's been a great advert for SANFL footy today

Comedy ! :lol:
by southee
Sun May 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Be interesting to see how Handles goes

Maybe put down Ron Fuller as a reference???
by southee
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Decision made by our coach who has high standards on and off the field.

There would be good reasons for this call. (wont go into them here)

Let's just say I would take it he was given plenty of chances .......
by southee
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Live scores/chat

What did Kane Mitchell have to say at half time ?

Basically he was interviewed by Tom Wilson on camera at half time. Said "even the Norwood assistant coaches are having a go at me" and then said " yeah that's right, I play in AFL for Port" ... Something like that while screaming at the Norwood coaching staff. Came across on camera as an absolute flog !!!! :lol:
by southee
Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17: South v Adelaide Saturday 8 August @ Hickinbotham

Saw it on the day. ( nice elbow to the head! )

Dog act IMO. Any other SANFL team would of at least got 2 games.... But its JPOD !!!!

It's the crows and so the 2 imposter teams win again !!!!
by southee
Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Watched the live SANFL stream.
Feel for you Bay fans. Great effort that can not be questioned.

Seriously though, WTF is Eugene Warrior doing ??? Surely this is blatant cheating. Watched it and he was definitely coaching out there. Even saw him pick up one of the Power ressie players off the ground (in the last 1/4) !!

Disgraceful !!!
by southee
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

Port and quite easily.

Eagles are hopeless on Adelaide Oval. They really struggle there.

Port know it well and how to play it with professional full time players who are taught how to play it (week after week).
by southee
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

Would love to say South but injuries are really mounting and unless we finish top 3 I cant see us winning 4 straight finals. Talent wise we're well short of last season but playing a very disciplined and well structured brand of footy.

Not entirely convinced on the Eagles but they deserve favouritism, and wouldn't write Nwd off. Westies would want to play a lot better than they did last week, have seen very little of them though this season.

If South can't win it, is it wrong to kinda want Port too? Yes the smugness/ignorance of many (not all) Power supporters would be unbearable, but perhaps a sham premier might spur some clubs and the league into pulling their head out their backside. Or maybe it wont, and it's just wishful thinking and it'll end up being the knockout blow...

Agree with you there. IMO Port cost South a GF last year.. Knocked us out the the preliminary final with a stacked side.
One quarter (the 3rd) cost us as our guys just ran out of fitness against full time professional paid footballers.

If we got to the GF I think we could of given Norwood a run for their money and had our first premiership in 50 years.

Would like other clubs to find out how it feels to be beaten by a AFL club. Eats you inside !!! ( a feeling I wont forget easily)
by southee
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

saintal wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Crowd for both games - 8,031

Down from 12,147 last year. No doubt the league will solely blame the weather..

The royal adelaide show , Father's Day, weather....... They will think of more !!!
by southee
Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Yep...Go Bloods !!!

Can not stand the other lot.
by southee
Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done Westies !!! Played terrific footy today.

Enjoy the celebrations !!
by southee
Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

i dont see how its any of billys business

the wife is his ex, whoever she sleeps with is none of his business
You're obviously not married, never been married, never had good mates.

This !!

Goes to show the true character of friendship and mate ship ....

Obviously Gary could not give a s$&t about that except feed his own ego.

What a prick of a human being !
by southee
Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Knock off your mates' missus & then hide behind mental illness?

Good post.
Gary Lyon has made a good living out of taking the p*ss out of people on the footy show and when it's his turn to stand up and admit he f*cked up........he goes into hiding and cites 'mental illness'.
He's as weak p*ss!!

Seems the "mental illness" term can cover "many" things .....falls under a large umbrella.

Looks like Lyon has picked something it "may" cover!

He's a dog and showed his true colours !
by southee
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

South don't have a pet membership so would probably lose 50% of the numbers there.
by southee
Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

well, well, well.......still in awe of what I have witnessed today.

We were pretty well gone with 41 points down in the 3rd quarter but I actually thought we were playing some decent footy.
The signs though ahead were looking like a 10 goal thrashing. The South boys just did not give up. Fierce, desperate and determined to the end. This game is up there with one of the most incredible wins I have ever witnessed by the club (since Darren Harris's 1984 goal after the siren over Port).

Hard to pick a best for us as all players did there bit......mentions to Cailetto, Barnes, Eddy and Rose.

I think it was when we were 3 goals down in the last quarter I thought we were on to something here !!! Crows are such a imposing side - physically. Big huge bodies, fit and very slick with skills. Their down fall is they go the absolute $hit when they are challenged with pressure and by a physical contest. They fumbled and absolutely hated the South fury we unleashed on them !!!!! We were brutal with our attack on the footy.

One highlight was after the siren sounded. South supporters high fiving, hugging and being so happy. (never seen Noarlunga so crazy like that) We know there is not many of us but bloody hell we are some of the most passionate supporters out there. I think we were all a bit shell shocked we won !!!

Last word - one of the most disappointing things about the game was when I attempted to go into the South change rooms to sing the club song. I was refused by Welso security (who had his arms held out wide stopping supporters entering) I explained I am just going in the South change rooms. Welso security explained that he has been instructed not to let anyone enter. I explained I go in every week but got told the Crows coaching staff instructed no people to come though at all. What a bloody disgrace......and you have to wonder why we seen 2 rules made. One for AFL sides and the other for the 8 SANFL sides. Absolute joke!!!!
by southee
Sun May 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Crowds

Sort of feels like the SANFL are "self sabotaging"themselves......

Absolute dogs breakfast the draw this year. :evil:
by southee
Tue May 10, 2016 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

Save the Tigers and they put up a performance like that after all the publicity.

Dont want to see them go but you would think after all the hype this week the side would have given at least half a roar :oops:

I was there today as a neutral supporter and thought the same thing.

Definitely thought the Bay's would be pretty fired up with the weeks events then to dish up that today. They looked terrible !
by southee
Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 - Norwood v South @ Coopers

Keefy wrote:Wilson offered a $200 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for striking Adam Gulden

And then Norwood were given the free and a 50 metre penelty ...go figure ! :roll:
by southee
Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Bays supporters coming out the woodwork and commenting on South coach ....

=))
by southee
Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |