Search found 858 matches

Return

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Belinda Carlisle playing the Gov November 13! 8)
by Wedgie
Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boyd sacked??

fair call that Heave Ho. From what I hear, the South boys weren't to disappointed to see him go either. Guessing that may also be the same for the Doggy lads?
by Bunton
Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I can't believe the Bay "supporters" who constantly run down their club. They are fine when winning though.
I hope he goes well.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

No wonder your club is a shambles if it has supporters like yourselves who have slammed the man before even giving him a go.

It is time you blokes went and followed another sport and left football to those who enjoy it.
by prowling panther
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Good point. Yes two less games but same price. Have not seen ours yet. We may need to charge more to keep Wundke!
by DOC
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Great to see MacLeod back at the club, while Rose has also signed.

The South Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce two new recruits-Matthew Rose and Brent Macleod! Matthew Rose is a 21 year old, 181cm recruit from The Port Adelaide Football Club. He played 50 games for Port and kicked 30 goals. Rose is Midfielder/Forward.

Brent Macleod is a 185cm Midfielder. He played for South Adelaide in 2011. Macleod comes from Tuggeranong Hawks that moved to Canberra from the Geelong region to play in the NEAFL. Brent was awarded the 2013 NEAFL NAB Rising Star Award for his break out season in the Eastern Conference competition this year.
by saintal
Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smac?

Two things surprise me. If true, his contract is not reliant on him playing. By his own admission he feels that his body is in poor condition. Given that he was instrumental in leading the players against Ainger, he now joins him. I'm sure that Ainger probably won't say a word, but he couldnt be thrilled with the news.
by DOC
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What comes around goes around, Wundke's just a football slut, just like Craig parry was.
Its not like North went backwards and South went forwards after he moved.
by Wedgie
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:Good on Narni for sticking up for his mate...

Does Wundkes Mum want to tweet on his behalf too?
by Booney
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boyd has signed with South Adelaide...

Lachlan Boyd from the ammos in Melbourne...
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Jason Davenport leaving the Bays

No loss there, massive spud
by Jim05
Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

The SANFL stood up to Port? :shock:
by Pseudo
Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL now an absolute joke they are not the Magpies they are the AFL Power.

Magpies are dead and buried .
by Apachebulldog
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL now an absolute joke they are not the Magpies they are the AFL Power.

Magpies are dead and buried .

Dark era for SA football. I still can't comprehend how some people can still think that the power reserves are no different to the real magpies. Anyone who believes that has been brainwashed by the powers crap.
by Blackwhite
Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah BEAN REEL but you all still do not get it .Its a AFL Power RESERVES side just like the Crows RESERVES side where most of the players are AFL players these players will have the best training and rehab facilities that money can buy because they are backed by multi million dollar sponsors etc etc. If one of these two reserve side should ever win a SANFL premiership it really means nothing as the other 8 SANFL clubs are financially disadvantaged.

Thats why the SANFL now is a joke they killed the real Magpies off indeed the competition has been totally compromised to satisfy the whims of the Crows.
by Apachebulldog
Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought Rankine was going to Weastern Australia. Good luck with him, has a lot of speed and....speed and....speed. If he gets his head right, he will be very good for South, doesnt get his head right and will be playing country footy next season. Lacks a little grunt but does the use the ball reasonably.

I wish him well.

Oh P.S., he has done a knee and may never play again ;)
by Brodlach
Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

I can sympathise with TSG. I stopped my membership with Sturt last year after 20 years as a member simply because I lost faith in the people running the club. The decision to vote yes without even considering the views of members just proved to me my lack of faith was warranted.

As such I won't be returning as a member until something changes at the club.
by csbowes
Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck with that plan.
There will never be a cap, been tried before and can't be policed.
The CFB has to admit that their points system is the cause of the inflated payments before anything will change.
League clubs are quite happy to recruit country footballers but when it goes the other way they squeal like a stuck pig, same goes for SAAFL clubs

What amounts are you talking that are amazing?

One ex South league player was being paid $1400/ game last season in the country- a lot more than he was getting at South.
Another who was a fringe League player but played mainly 2's...$1200/game in the bush..
by blueandwhite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

Sadly I'm going to be with TSG, Pseudo, CSBowes and lots of others this year. I love my club but not the choices it's made that has lead to the shambles of a league it's now playing in. Had a phone call from the club responding to some of my criticisms, explaining the huge price jump and encouraging me (and all family members) to rejoin despite my reservations about the Crows / Power debacle. Leaving aside the fact I'm still reeling from the AwFL decision my club was party to, the simple fact of the matter is the maths doesn't add up, for me at least as I choose not to go to the training cone games: $215 for 14 games is just nonsensical. If it wasn't for the enjoyable social aspect of watching the footy with mates, and the fact that my young lad is loving discovering footy, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for something else to do on the weekends.
by zipzap
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Booney wrote:Rebel Wilson. Anyone who likes her. Anyone who watches her.

Anyone?

Booney, spot on mate.

I don't see how people find her, Rove McAnus, Hamish & Andy, The Big Bang Theory or Scrubs funny either.
by Failed Creation
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

I really missed something when the whole Crow Mania took hold.

Maybe because being a kid living in a housing trust house in Elizabeth while the old man worked two jobs to take care of me and him that we didnt have the time nor money to follow the Crows.

I couldn't understand why someone would want to jump off a team they had so passionately supported for years to support a team of players that I had disliked as opposition players for years in a comp I only had a passing interest in. I never got it.

Throw in the fact you would only ever get to see your new side every second week and it made no sense to me.

Geez I was in the minority
by whufc
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Epic Fail...

Smart got what was coming to him... so arrogant on radio... now he looks like a complete tool.

Satisfying.
by csbowes
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

I didnt see the incident,they talked about it on 5aa for a couple of minutes and what i hate when one or both of the radio host will say the offender geez he is a great bloke, this is out of character for him,he isnt a dirty player.
by hottie
Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Not surprised a that result. All clubs who voted yes should feel proud of themselves now. Wait until your turn when you get flogged then what will your reaction be.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL
by FOURTH ESTATE
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - North v South Post Game

A new coach..a new game plan..a team committed to both.
A South Adelaide team that has resolve- challenged in the third quarter by North the South of yesteryear would have folded like a pack of cards- not this team. The team is fitter clearly ..than previous years, theres been a lot of work done on that and the skill level in the off season.
The pleasing part for me is that our second tier players have taken up the challenge to improve. Players like Brooksby, Veide,Redigolo, and Eddy who were like many others..Lost under the previous regime, are turning into very solid sanfl players.
Bring on the Bays next week. 8)
by blueandwhite
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

kickinit wrote:so the only teams to play in the SANFL since 1991 have been the crows and power?

Pleeeaaaasssse.... someone make him stop!
by Scrapboy
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - South v Glenelg @ Hickinbotham Oval (Fri 18/4)

Peter Rolfe in the reserves. Good luck Rolfey.
by DOC
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Norwood v Sturt Post Match

Ask the former NSW Premier...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 West v North Post Match

South defeated these two sides...
by westcoastpanther
Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

saintal wrote:Centrals away next week. No better opportunity to break various embarrassing hoodoos.

and to claim the inaugural Integrity Cup...
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Crows were bigger, stronger and faster today. I'm sure their 20 supporters that were at the game enjoyed the win. Especially the ones that complained that Centrals supporters were being mean to them. It was just your normal everyday football banter and they complained. This is why Crows supporters are the laughing stock of the AFL and now the SANFL. They seem to think they own the town and seem genuinely surprised that not everyone follows them.
by cennals05
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Not keen enough on the reserves team to drive to Elizabeth. Only go to the bays games, still keep a keen eye on the lads as they are crow boys, well most of them. I'm not one of those anti afl in the sanfl. I'm loving it.

Says it all really. Not a true SANFL supporters a...hole.

Who heard Cornes this morning on 5AA when he made the comment about Crows supporters travelling to Elizabeth for the the match today ? Something along the line " who'd want to go out there ".
Obviously with the 150 Crows supporter turn-out they all listened to him.

Skeletor's, Chardonay sipping eliteist attitude never ceases to amaze me !!! He really thinks he's part of the Royal family of Adelaide.
by dogbreath
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:

to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum, the more i am finding myself barracking for the crows to do well.

GO STATE TEAM CROWS! :D

You make me sick.
Get the Centrals logo off your profile.
by Kahuna
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:Who made you judge and jury.

In short go fk yourself.

You've obviously only started barracking for Centrals since 2000.

There's no way a die-hard, true & loyal Doggies supporters would think twice about which scarfe to adorn.
by dogbreath
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

saintal wrote:Enjoyed the chat you had with Brad Gotch on rph yesterday Big Phil.

Thanks, mate. It was an enjoyable interview and Brad is very up front and honest...
by Big Phil
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

I'm tipping the Crows to win the SANFL flag now they can stack there reserves team now there main sides season is over
by whufc
Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v South Post Game

Went to the Ponderosa today and saw the game, and was in the Changerooms post game.
been to Elizabeth plenty of times and since 99 and the results have been remarkably similar until today.
South started the game like a shot out of a gun and were on top early. The Dogs quickly hauled us in and were only 1pt behind at Quarter time.
The second quarter was all Centrals, and they went in at halftime with about a 5 goal margin- this was beginning to feel like deja vous to us long suffering supporters....another capitulation...?
The 3rd quarter was all South and but for poor kicking would have gone in at 3/4 time in front, however they were still 2 goals behind. The last quarter was a struggle for both teams early but South gabbed the lead in time on and hung on for a rare win at Elizabeth..

For South I thought Liddle was back to his best after a slow start to the year, Frazer Dale was also very good and along with Gulden have found their feet as recruits very quickly. McLeod was excellent up forward and on the ball. However Brooksby with 45 hitouts and some great work around the ground dominated . Brett Eddy continues to impress, goes to show what fitness, opportunity , and positive reinforcement from the coach can do.He is exceptional in the air and lightening quick for a guy his size when the ball is on the deck.
A great character building win, after losing 5 players from last weeks team with injury and suspension.
The Panthers for mine are the real deal.
by blueandwhite
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Yep, all good...

nice to be winning a few...but..as someone who has supported South since its last flag..(yes Im that old) .. its far too early to get excited yet.
Fifty years of being smacked around the ears tends to dull once sense of anticipation when it comes to South Adelaide.
Too many times we've seen our season implode for one reason or another over the decades, so I for one, and plenty of others will be keeping our powder dry for a while yet.
by blueandwhite
Thu May 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Surely whoever won the flag in 91 was the most adaptable. ;)

But having said that I am a South member too. Go Panthers! :D
by Wedgie
Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

A very entertaining game..and a real struggle to the end, witnessed by what I believe was a disappointing crowd.
Eagles cleaner, more direct ball use is what eventually got them over the line. Focal points up forward in Wundke and Ainger were very damaging and a constant threat; mind you they would want to be for what they are being paid.
South dominated the first half and went in at halftime with a 3-4 goal lead. Eddy had 5.0 at halftime. Souths third quarter was abysmal, when they failed to kick a goal, despite having a fair share of the ball. The third quarter the Eagles took control and seemed to have huge numbers back to clog up Eddys space, I seem to recall him competing alone against 5 at one stage.
South were perhaps a little inconvenienced during the game in that by 1/4 time they were down to 19 fit players when Makepeace (knee) and Dale (shoulder) left the ground to serious injuries. The news got worse in the second quarter when at the 20 minute mark Mcmahon was stretchered from the ground with a serious knee injury ,reducing South to 18 fit men.before halftime. During the last quarter Ah Chee suffering from cramp was shifted to full forward, and Cross had to exit the ground with the Blood rule for a few minutes- with no replacement available- down to 17. South somehow hit the front at the 20 minute mark and led by 8 pts at one stage only to see a mark in the goalsquare to Rankine not paid, the Hybrids quickly rebounded and kicked the next 3 goals to take the match.
I thought the umpiring was atrocious...
Im bloody disappointed, but definitely not disillusioned.
by blueandwhite
Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of the 1st Qtr

Loved the comment that the 8 genuine clubs are on an even playing field. If the Commission had got Port's entry conditions correct (ie. the same as Crows) then this could have been a real positive for SANFL. To allow Port to retain so many league players and then recruit other highly experienced players by fudging the rules is such a shame and demonstrates weak leadership.
by SANFLnut
Sun May 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of the 1st Qtr

Also I don't think South's coach is unproven. Brad Gotch has coached 3 VFA/VFL clubs and worked at 3 AFL clubs as well. Certainly has experience.
by heater31
Sun May 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Yes, all the best Brad have enjoyed watching you play for Centrals, an absolute champion and good bloke too.

I think the club should ask Brad to toss the coin on Saturday so as the supporters can say farewell and thank you to Brad.
Thoughts?
by Groucho
Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles Nest wrote:It's May, it's cold and South lose to the Eagles at Noarlunga. No different to any other season really.

couldnt make it down to Noarlunga obviously....? :?
by blueandwhite
Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes, i think that smile was one of relief..

South only made 20 rotations for the match, because of game ending injuries to 3 players n the first half.
Ahchee played the last 15 m at full forward because he had done a hammy...the fact that we were in front at the 20minute mark of the final quarter was a minor miracle after being a couple of goals behind at 3/4 time...Im pretty disappointed we lost, but in no way am I disillusioned.
by blueandwhite
Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

blueandwhite wrote:also...

just wondering were there any reports from this game.....??? :roll:

Heard reports that a previous South player made full use of the after game half priced pies on offer!!!! :D
by Panther Pack
Wed May 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

The amount of whinging about Port Adelaide is unbeleivable It gives clubs and ideal target for where clubs should be The SANFL needs to have clubs acheive that level to ensure we remain a viable competition not go backwards. Do the work required crows side on the weekend had more AFL listed players in thier side but because they lost not a word said The calibre of playerssmith walker rutten ottens thompson etc Please lets make the sanfl survive and not end up like the WAFL

This is so true. I can't believe all of the other SANFL clubs haven't stepped up to Ports level. The sooner they all go and recruit 15 AFL players and not include their payments in the salary cap the better. If they could then dodge up the payments they do count by shuffling them off into their 2018 salary cap while using employment within the club as a further way to manipulate their team structure then the SANFL will finally be getting somewhere.

I hope Sturt win the game.
by SANFLnut
Wed May 07, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |