Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

What was the result in the Clint Dow Cup?
Payneham were up by 6 goals in 2nd qtr. TTG fought back and hit front in last qtr, but Payneham too strong by about 4 goals in the end.

Wow PNU certainly one of the surprise packets of the SAAFL this season. Once next round is done we will have a top team (Goodwood/PNU) followed by a very competitive 5-6 teams. I know it's cliche, but anyone can beat anyone on their day in this exciting division.
From the games I have managed to watch, I would say everyone from Districts up could play off in the grand final. It is THAT tight this year!
by absolutebath
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Any game reports from today? Would have been a beaut sunny day for it at kenilworth! And congrats to Pembroke, didn't see that one coming! Anyone have Athelstones modern finals record handy? Hell!
by absolutebath
Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 1 - 2017

Well I haven't posted in a while but it's fair to say these forums have become ghost towns.

Well "Bathy" has been out and about on his holidays and caught up with a bunch of the boys from various clubs and I'm sitting on too many juicy nuggets not to go bang and try and breathe some life into what was once a great place for banter and b/s.

I will start in Div 1 with this...

Van Berlo to PAC. He won't play every game but I'm hearing he will play a few and be right for finals. PAC are the master of balancing the books as we saw last year so maybe he will rock up to a first 18 training or game and get some generous remuneration for that.

#bathgoesbang

theyll find a way to remove him from the league

talented well travelled big name footballers are not welcome in c9afl

div 1 standard of football must be equivalent to div 7 football

super stars can go elsewhere please - but you still must pay $15 to get into a grand final to watch no one.

Don't worry mate the div2 GF is only $10
by absolutebath
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

For all you Brad Hodge fans out there-
The veteran batsman hopes to continue playing with the Strikers in BBL|07 but would consider offers from other clubs
Adelaide Strikers’ veteran skipper Brad Hodge has declared he wants to continue playing in the KFC Big Bash League next summer even if he’s not part of the franchise whose season effectively ended last night.

“I’m gonna play, where that’s at who knows?” Hodge said in the wake of the Strikers’ five-run loss to the Melbourne Renegades in Adelaide last night that left them at the foot of the ladder with no chance of making the finals.

“We just have to wait and see. “I feel like I’m contributing and contributing well.

“We’ve seen the quality of (45-year-old Renegades spinner Brad) Hogg, and I think I’ve played pretty well this year. “I love it.”
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/brad-hodge-adelaide-strikers-playing-future-big-bash-league-bbl06-melbourne-renegades-warne-hogg/2017-01-17

Yeah great job, inspirational. What a leader. Please go back to Victoria

#bathysaysbye
by absolutebath
Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 2 - 2017

No wonder no-one has posted in this thread in 2017. Old mate Carey has spilled the beans. Henley are a dead set lock. All the boys are back, they have recruited heavily, Bubbles is back and the place is having about a 3 million dollar renovation. It will only be a 1 year visit to Div 2 for the boys from Shark park

#absolutebathscertainty
by absolutebath
Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Anyone game enough to frame a market for d6 yet

West Croydon v Salisbury West GF

The biggest news is the recruiting coup pulled by Ingle Farm with the biggest off season signing in SAAFL.
Former Duv 2 & 3 premiership player, former top 10 draft hopeful, former WA under 18 vice captain. I think they used to call him the west coast hype Grae Grant. If Aloisi can kick 100 this guy could kick 300. Fitness, work and his short attention span will be his only issues. Was meant to go very early in round 1 of the AFL draft and did his knee in the beep test.

With Lynch, Cree and Grant in the same forward line and the return of the Ginger Giraffe Stevey G giving his onballers first use the Farm Dogs are the only other team I see challenging the top 2

#Bathygoesbang

After hearing of the exit of Sumner (best player in the comp last year), Phillips and Matty Mac I will change my tip and slip in ingle Farm for West Croydon. Good to hear that these two blokes are looking to ply their trade at a higher level but certainly won't help WC.
Do Ingle Farm still have the same coach as last year? That guy that did the TV show - Manuel? I heard he has a bad heart attack? If Bedgegood is the new coach I'll change my tip to someone else. I hope that was only phantom gossip
by absolutebath
Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No wonder no-one has posted in this thread in 2017. Old mate Carey has spilled the beans. Henley are a dead set lock. All the boys are back, they have recruited heavily, Bubbles is back and the place is having about a 3 million dollar renovation. It will only be a 1 year visit to Div 2 for the boys from Shark park

#absolutebathscertainty

well we may as well not unpack our kits and stay at home on the dreary Saturdays then :roll:

It's only a matter of time until participation awards creep into senior sports. You hang in there ole chap.
If you're at Broadies and I could be wrong coz I don't care who is who on here it's well worth the trip for the BBQ

#BathysaysBBQ
by absolutebath
Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure how Ingle Farm and Salisbury West are 3 dollar favourites both will be lucky to be fighting for 5th spot

When your mob play Ingle Farm if you stand GraeGrant he will kick 17 on you to 3/4 time after having a pie and a beer at the half.
Salisbury West were unstoppable last year and Ingle Farm have underachieved in the last two years yet still played finals and shoulda won their final last year. There recruits are the best in the Div with a former medalist and 3 time B and F winner returning.

May I suggest you frame a January market. It's not as easy as you think. I remember this one time on SAFooty this one bloke who's gone now had a dead certainty and offered to run naked if Walkerville didn't win the premiership he was that certain. They missed finals. Boy did he look stupid.

#Bathyneverevereverforgets
by absolutebath
Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

bennymacca wrote:Hodge been reading SAFooty, dances down the pitch and smacks it for 4 second ball!

Now flying with 5 off 7.
Best thing Howie said all season was "only the blokes who love themselves get mic up" or words to that effect

#Bathyhateshodge&howie
by absolutebath
Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dave Aston?

Aston played A grade 10 years ago, went to sandbag in the D grade and is now somehow playing A grade again.

No big move there.

You have no idea of Davids personal and life circumstances and you labelling him a sandbagger is not only uninformed it is a hurtful and ignominious statement. David was no longer playing footy and faced challenges that you won't ever know. It was through the good graces of mates and family he returned but in no way could have played at the highest level.
I,ll try and make a habit of being absolutely sure of things if I'm going to besmirch someone's character. Moderator or not I suggest you do the same.
by absolutebath
Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:I believe there is merit in both sides of this argument regarding the Mountain men.

F**king fence sitter.. too much love coming from you these days! ;)

Get him on the red tins with bathy and lets watch this forum go bang. Grinades in every direction
Bathybeerbang
by absolutebath
Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...

Bathycanjump, Bathyisopen, bathymakestheshot
Is that the one. "The Jimmy" One of the all time greats. "Jimmys down!!!"
by absolutebath
Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Wow just get back from leave and the forum has been pretty active of late. Getting back to footy. Im really looking forward to actually playing footy this year, maybe even 18 rounds and then some more ;) Come on, if you cant laugh at yourself or look at things in light then when can ya!
Recruiting seems to be up and about more so than this time last year. From an administrative point of view, i liked the new transfer window in November. Gives you a solid start and to be able to ascertain where you are at earlier stage rather than the surprise notifications early in the new year. What are the thoughts from everyone else about it?
A lot of player movements even from higher grades to Div 5. Good to see that some (yes albeit for financial gain but what can you do) still believe that this division is worth playing in. Our numbers have been really good on the pre-season track with our new guys fitting in very well. How's everyone else tracking? Hopefully this year we all have a cracking season and by the looks of things the new clubs in the grade will be hard to beat. All the best to everyone in Div 5 this year and i look forward to meeting those that come to visit us on a Saturday at the kennel. My shout for the first one. And no that's not for every b@stard that reads this post. Ill need to get a second and third job if that was the case.

So here's the deal Satchmiester. About a week ago I decided to make the forums great again and fill them with BathyFacts, BathyBanter, Bathybait & a hint of BathyBS. Glad youre back. With the troubles you lads had last year I tried to keep the Rosewater Rumblings Low (see what I did there)
Actually haven't heard to much from out your way but have been asked by several blokes what's happening out Rosewater way. I have assured the masses that your boys will be back all guns blazing with 3 teams in 2017.
I don't know of any ins and the only major loss I can see is Hughey 2 dads off to the Mallee. Not ideal but certainly replaceable.
Who are the recruits?
Is Ricky Steamboat still steering the ship?
Is that tony Greig bloke still football manager?
Is Rumbles going alright (FWIW made a huge mistake but I hope he has been able to move forward in his life)
Will "The Diff" be named Captain, start his own website and crack 1 million followers on Twitter
by absolutebath
Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My brother and I had a froffie at Grand North last night and you might be on the money this time Bathy me ole mate. The women's team was training with the A grade squad and they certainly outnumbered the blokes.

Yeah I got some lads who live on the other side of the fence at Greenies who keep an eye out for me and I would never doubt one of the Bathyboys
Thanks for the confirmation HBF
Now can I ask you was you really just having a quiet frothie or was you maybe having a chat to the former North Adelaide footballer and seeing if he will lace up the boots in the magoos down at the den

Your all over me like a cheap suit Bathy Boy ;)

* You're
Bathyboygrammarpolice
by absolutebath
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My brother and I had a froffie at Grand North last night and you might be on the money this time Bathy me ole mate. The women's team was training with the A grade squad and they certainly outnumbered the blokes.

Yeah I got some lads who live on the other side of the fence at Greenies who keep an eye out for me and I would never doubt one of the Bathyboys
Thanks for the confirmation HBF
Now can I ask you was you really just having a quiet frothie or was you maybe having a chat to the former North Adelaide footballer and seeing if he will lace up the boots in the magoos down at the den
by absolutebath
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

My place got an absolutebath
by absolutebath
Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys just starting to gain a little momentum and keeping things on the downlow
I'm sure the Zedman is going to deny and deflect like the master tactician he is but plenty of little wins over the pre season
Last years medalist big Martinello has come back bigger, stronger and hungrier with 4-6 kgs added to the frame
A few senior players seem to have made a bit of a commitment to the big chief and will curtail the European in season holidays in 2017
Not sure how the 10 million dollar redevelopment is going but that is sure to be handy
Good numbers on the track and a couple of good committee additions to assist the growth in junior programs
Some of the boys really feeling the sting of a missed opportunity last year and keen to make amends
A few lads in the human movement Uni courses looking to bring in some late recruits to add to the depth
#BathyengagesZedman

engaged..

file://server/Users/steve/My%20Documents/Downloads/Summary_Budget_and_Annual_Business_Plan_2016-17.pdf

An amount of $2.5 million has been budgeted for further shared community facilities and related development, with further funding of $5.0 million projected over the next two years. The funding is for the redevelopment of Lockleys Oval and Apex Park.

not sure when it starts but it was promised if the coalition was elected..we await patiently..

in regards to recruiting, we are always fishing for king george but equally happy to catch a few other fish..we dont have the flashy lure$ others do.. :)

H has had a big summer in the gym..

we love human movement and uni students bathy..all welcome at rutland ave!

Love your work Zed
Maybe get some of the human movement girls in to help with the training and stuff.
I saw them on a pub crawl and had to take leave for a bit of a #bathybat
by absolutebath
Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm onto you.

Besmirch my arse,sandbag is generally used as a term for a very capable footballer playing below his standard for whatever reason.

Stop your carry on. Before you accuse me or besmirching peoples characters, take a look in your own backyard.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

No one wants to besmirch your arse as you so eloquently put it. You used a derogatory term on an individual whose circumstances you know nothing about. I won't embarrass you by pointing out how inappropriate your statement is but I know for a fact that members of his family read these forums so I will leave it at that.
I'm not perfect but I can admit when I'm wrong and when I have made a major faux pas
by absolutebath
Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |