Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

Fantastic win by West today. Thought the poor goal kicking in the first half was going to bite us on the arse and potentially cost us the game, glad I was wrong. Thought Kane Stevens was BOG and Porplyzia not far behind.

Outstanding faith shown by Mickan in the teenagers: Middleton, Snelling, Haysman, Agostino & Brind (on debut). They all played their part and contributed to the result. Some tough selection decisions to be made again this week with some players potentially coming back.

Congratulations to Centrals on a successful year. I think the last 3 weeks caught up with them. However to beat Norwood and Port in finals, plus south at Noarlunga is no mean feat and could be the foundations for another successful year next year.
by blood bath
Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

I must say im still in shock!

We lead from siren to siren and played hard, contested football lead by Tuck, Schmidt and Porplyzia.

To go from 9th to 1st in one season (South's 8th to 1st in '64) is a stunning effort and the club's culture has changed in recent years, something started by Collins (who won the VFL flag today - coincidence?)

A win to be enjoyed by all players, support staff, members and supporters. Well done Bloods.
by blood bath
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glad to see Advertiser journalist Reece Homfray acknowledged he got it wrong with his ladder prediction at the beginning of the year. He only had West 10 places incorrect, tipped West to finish last........
by blood bath
Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/sanfl-gr ... ent-752436

A refreshing article that so simply explains the emotions and feeling we have about our SANFL and the recent GF. Thank you Dave Brown
by blood bath
Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Westies just suffered a blow with Snelling and Beech being rookied by Port and the Crows

Ouch. Good for the players obviously, but worst case scenario for the Bloods and their supporters.

Happy to see Beech get a look-in. Has been a quality player for a number of years.

Mixed emotions. Rapt Beechy gets a chance to get involved in the AFL system, shattered as a Westies supporter though that last years B&F will be playing against us.

Tom Keough will be a tough one to cover with Riley Milne also an out. Leaves a big hole in the defence.
by blood bath
Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13

I'm sure if the 4000 promised Crows supporters wanted to bang the fence after a goal then west officials wouldn't have minded...
by blood bath
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 North V West Sunday 1310

Full time
North 25.14. 164
West 2.14 26
by blood bath
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Port v West Sun 1410

I see Port and Crows sit 9th and 10th on the ladder....
by blood bath
Sun May 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West v Adelaide Sat 1410

What a load of crap. If I was a Westies reserves player, I wouldn't go near him or compete against him. Let Rankine kick 10 goals in a meaningless trial and more importantly, reduce the chance of potential injury.
by blood bath
Thu May 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West v Adelaide Sat 1410

1/2 time
West 9.7. 61
Adelaide 4.3. 27

To be honest, scoreboard probably flatters the crows. West should be further ahead
by blood bath
Sat May 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West vs Norwood 9/6

Undisciplined, only blame ourselves. West had 2 set shots on goal for west to give away free and norwood take possession, both in time on last quarter as well as a double 25m penalty to give norwood a goal.
by blood bath
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Centrals announce new coach - Jeff Andrews

On behalf of the Central District Football Club, we would like to announce our new Full-time Senior Coach, Jeff Andrews.

Jeff has been an assistant coach at the Werribee Football Club for the past two seasons, coaching under Mark Williams in 2019.

He also boasts previous experience in the state-league system, having served as an assistant coach with Preston in the VFL in 1999 and as an assistant coach with the Calder Cannons TAC Cup program in two stints from 2000 to 2005. He then took a break from coaching to focus on his business ventures.

He then returned to coaching where it all started at the Macedon Football Club in 2014, where he broke a 41 year premiership drought in his third season as Senior Coach.

Jeff said he is excited for the adventure of moving to Adelaide with his wife, and the opportunity to coach and be among a Club with such a great involvement in the surrounding areas.

"I love the professionalism of coaching at a State League Club and the challenge of facing teams with AFL listed players."

President David Cavenett said "I am pleased to welcome Jeff Andrews as the senior coach of the CDFC. Jeff's Energy, preparation and attention to detail was clearly evident during the interview process and has left us in no doubt that he is prepared and ready to lead this Football Club back into contention."

"We welcome Jeff and his wife Cathy to the CDFC and look forward to assisting Jeff in getting this Club back to finals football."
by blood bath
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Centrals Facebook page

“On behalf of the Central District Football Club, we would like to announce our new Full-time Senior Coach, Jeff Andrews.

Jeff has been an assistant coach at the Werribee Football Club for the past two seasons, coaching under Mark Williams in 2019.

He also boasts previous experience in the state-league system, having served as an assistant coach with Preston in the VFL in 1999 and as an assistant coach with the Calder Cannons TAC Cup program in two stints from 2000 to 2005. He then took a break from coaching to focus on his business ventures.

He then returned to coaching where it all started at the Macedon Football Club in 2014, where he broke a 41 year premiership drought in his third season as Senior Coach.

Jeff said he is excited for the adventure of moving to Adelaide with his wife, and the opportunity to coach and be among a Club with such a great involvement in the surrounding areas.

"I love the professionalism of coaching at a State League Club and the challenge of facing teams with AFL listed players."

President David Cavenett said "I am pleased to welcome Jeff Andrews as the senior coach of the CDFC. Jeff's Energy, preparation and attention to detail was clearly evident during the interview process and has left us in no doubt that he is prepared and ready to lead this Football Club back into contention."

"We welcome Jeff and his wife Cathy to the CDFC and look forward to assisting Jeff in getting this Club back to finals football."
by blood bath
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

https://twitter.com/zacmilbank/status/1321975962028830720
Would imagine it’s Jono

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/jono-beech-returns-to-richmond/?fbclid=IwAR2la4J0GcpZfne-s3ZHZEXOkECT6KZxWvY2FDujgFMNTIdqHxCKj8PimBQ

Jonathan Beech will make his return to West Adelaide in 2021 after taking a year off from SANFL football. After winning the Roger Luders Award for most goals kicked in 2019, Jono decided to have a year off and move interstate and felt 2021 was the right time to come back to the West Adelaide Football Club.“I am really looking forward to being back at the Bloods in 2021”
“I have enjoyed my time in Queensland and am excited to re-join the playing group for pre season.”
Jono won the West Adelaide Best and Fairest award in 2014 and was a member of the 2015 Premiership side and is a highly respected player at West Adelaide and the broader SANFL community.
Known for his courageous marking and elite goal kicking, Jono was picked up as a rookie for the Adelaide Football Club where he spent two seasons and played three AFL matches with goal on debut.
The West Adelaide Football Club welcomes Jono and the entire Beech family back to the West Adelaide Football Club.
by blood bath
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |