Search found 13 matches

Return

Ryan Fergusson Announces Retirement

IMO one of the best players to play at West Adelaide. Well done Ferg, we will miss you

The West Adelaide Football Club regrets to inform our Members and supporters that Ryan Ferguson has announced his retirement with plans to relocate back to Victoria.

History will show Ryan Ferguson as perhaps the best player to wear a West Adelaide guernsey. His leadership, courage and pride in performance could never be questioned. He finishes as one of the Club's longest serving captains.

The West Adelaide Football Club will forever look to Ryan as a champion player and a champion person.

We also acknowledge the contribution from his wonderful wife Bree Munro in her role of Player Welfare Manager.

Ryan, Bree and their family will always be welcome back at the Club and they will be missed by many. We wish them all the best for the future.
by Brodlach
Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium (Sun 22/6)

What is that strange noise ..... oh it is me eating my words.
Well xxxxing done West Adelaide the upset of the season and one relished by every other club in the comp. You have just made the season better for us all Westies !!!!!!!!!!! Go the Bloods.
by SDK
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 19 SCORES AND CHAT

therisingblues wrote:7:5 to 5:7 port push further ahead minutes into the third quarter of the qualifying final dress rehearsal cup.
Just hope no one else gets injured.

Unless they are AFL players of course
by Jim05
Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

lol, Moore, such a hero at SANFL level
by saintal
Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

Magellan wrote:Anyone know when the last Port-West finals was? Anything since the 1991 elimination final?

The Powers reserves have never played West in a final mate.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Nearly 24 hours later and a few beers ;) I still cannot believe that we won the premiership :D :D

I was really worried just before halftime when our lads seemed to be running up and down on the one spot, thought the fresher legs of the Eagles would come through. One thing I had forgotten was our new found win at all cost attitude. Our boys were so gutsy and determined to "get the job done" which they did. I didnt relax until the 24th minute mark of the last quarter as Ive seen first hand wins turned into narrow losses. They just willed themselves to each contest. Big Webby turning Raymond inside out was a real highlight for me....love Webby.

Couple of "behind the scene" blokes that I would like to mention: Dits, JT, Bob Blacky, Mark and Lee, your efforts have been not forgotten you are all part of the premiership.

Whilst Schmidt and Porps were great, Caire, Beech and Hartlett also deserve alot of credit. Big Willitts, and Hartlett I am really happy for them the heart and soul of the team.

Thanks to those that have wished the club well, many posters over the years have paid the crap out of us. Not many Westies posters on here but we are a resilliant bunch.

If I had my wish, and West dont win it, I hope South can break the 51 year old drought next season. Ive seen two premierships now but most Southites have never seen one. C'mon South give one to your supporters.

Peace out and stay classy :D
by Brodlach
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

My sincerest congratulations to West Adelaide. They played inspired footy and were deservedly rewarded with the Premiership.

The Club has been an inspiration all year and to go from 9th to 1st is an outstanding effort. I was so pleased to see Mark Mickan get the result with his beloved Bloods. :)
by sturtpeter
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holding the Ball

At the start of the year we were told the SANFLs interpretation was to be more harsh on this rule to avoid stoppages.
First round or two this was evident.
Now in June it's gone the opposite way, have the SANFL changed their mind and did I miss the press release?
Players can now do 720 degree turns, drop it, pick it up, have a cup of tea and then go to ground clinging to the ball and not get pinged.
One North player yesterday got the ball, tried to take it through the West player only to have an awesome tackle applied to him which sent him backwards only to have the umpire call a ball up?
It was probably the most blatant holding the ball all day.
In round 1 if a player got touched with the ball it was holding the ball?

If nothing has changed do we blame the umpires it the umpires coaches?
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 - West V Glenelg @ Richmond Oval

Good to see Alleway get 3 weeks for punching Hardy in the head at the end of the first quarter. The game has gone past you. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 - WWT Eagles vs West @ Woody Oval

Brodlach wrote:
another grub wrote:Has been reported

Report withdrawn

Will the powers that be now withdraw the associated free kick, and the goal which resulted from it?
by Pseudo
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 6

MW wrote:JJ finished with 4 goals from 12 touches and 7 marks
Not bad after only 2 touches to the half

What a marvellous effort from a full time player on $650k against a part timer on $20k if they are lucky. And to do it against the worst team in the comp what a star!
by Jim05
Sat May 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v West Sat 1410

Well done West Adelaide. To the genuine West Adelaide supporter who came out to Elizabeth, you are what this great competition is about.
by wild dog
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Port v West Sun 1410

The Lokan effect is working quicker than I thought....
by am Bays
Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |