Re: Sanderson sacked

Mark Bickley OUT
Ryan O'Keefe & David Teague IN
by Tiger83
Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

woodublieve12 wrote:When is the draw released? Or even a draft one... The league has only put up the first 3 rounds.

The full fixture is up onthe SFL home page as far as i can see....
by Tiger83
Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flogs from Norf in the 90's

Digby Morrell
by Tiger83
Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Have his nude selfies been stolen and posted on a US based website????
by Tiger83
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who will coach Sturt ?

Adam Thomson
by Tiger83
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

wonder_kid wrote:Well if you get fitter you will naturally improve everything else!

If you cant kick, but get super fit, all u will be is a super fit person who still cant kick. Fitness isnt everything
by Tiger83
Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't say he was the answer to all the problems, just that he would assist the younger guys. Sure there's been a few Reynella teams over the years that have taken a similar approach when developing young talent. There's no head in the sand, but if we have a team that can compete strongly for 3 and a bit quarters, then there's plenty to work with.

AFC your not that young;

Think you had 9 vs Cove 8 on the weekend and Flaggy had 8 or 9, we had 7 the week before the bye!
Tough day at work, so had a look at the top 6 sides which backs up my point.

U/21's that have played A grade by club - approx. don't shoot me if I'm wrong on a couple :)

Happy Valley 15 - 9th on ladder 2 wins
Flagstaff Hill 13 = top on ladder 7 wins
Noarlunga 9 = top on ladder 7 wins
Cove 11 - 5th on ladder 6 wins-
Reynella 16 - 6th on ladder 5 wins

The only side in top 6 currently with not many U/21 is M/Vale 5. = top on ladder 7 wins.

Let's stop blaming the fact that we are playing some kids and look at the real problems because whether your gonna admit it or not AFC there are people with their head in the sand at Happy Valley

I been around that club for a long long time and never seen us this low on the ladder before

If I was the ones running this club I would start doing something to make some changes for the better next year or they may find themselves out of a job at the AGM :evil:

So what would be some suggestions to fix it?? Easy to say something's wrong and point fingers, but what's the solution?? Surely with the club being up for so long they are due for a few light years... They've lost thousands of games of A Grade experience over the least year or two and that is not easy to replace. Keeping the kids they do have, and continually pushing them to play A Grade would be a great start I would think. Flaggies and Reynella have had plenty of lean years too, so it's all a cycle.
by Tiger83
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flaggies and Reynella have had plenty of lean years too, so it's all a cycle.

I NEVER played in a senior win v Valleys in 7 seasons. Let the current cycle reign!

Yep and I happily never played in a losing team agains Flaggies while at HVFC, so it's all swings and roundabouts. Same teams can't be at the top forever.. push through and come out the other side with loyal kids who have 40-50 AGrade games under their belt and it will turn again. (Like Flaggies now)
by Tiger83
Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

No talk about gun forward Tommy Pinyon snagging his 100th goal of the season for Compass on the weekend. Congrats to the young man. A great effort by the Compass Junior. All this whining from SFL supporters saying GSFL has to recruit to be any good but the locals are certainly holding their own.

When was the last time someone kicked 100 in a season in the GSFL?

Dundovic from Yank and Hams from Willunga both kicked 100 in 2010 I believe. Both milestones occurred in finals from what I can remember.
by Tiger83
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I wanna know which match you are watching??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well the 1994 State of Origin is on 7Mate at the moment, but I love watching old SANFL games from SA Football Archive
by Tiger83
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually went and watched the W v Y game . WOW .. Yank were very very average . Willunga were very good. How much the one off sets the other is another argument. Yanks short 45 degree kicking game plan will never work , they don't have the skill and also it is so predictable you can read it from the sidelines. Thomas and Fittock out yesterday , not certain who the other 3 were Tiger . Also you would have to wonder why Yank would play a 38/9 year old bloke from KI ahead of some of the young local lads running around in the 2's.

Thomas, Fittock, Fisher, Kelly so maybe 4. All very handy players and all forwards so goes a part of the way explaining why they didn’t kick a great score. Mind you, need to get your hands on it to be able to turn it into scores, and they were just outplayed. Huge game this week against Compass to be any chance of making the finals. Should be a cracker
. In terms of Willson playing, they needed to bring in a bigger key forward and with his experience he was the logical choice. Easy to say it was a poor decision after a loss, but was the most appropriate choice. He’s kicked over 900 career goals and won multiple Mail Medals so he was a more than capable choice.
by Tiger83
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be more than 15 pts as Tigers have been getting some favours from the league too. One ex strath player is meant to be worth points still however league ok'd to wipe him to zero because he lives locally is what i am hearing. An absolute joke if true. Plenty of gun footballers moved town with work and didnt get a free ride from the league.

WTF???
Who is the ex strath player?
Willson played as a zero pointer Saturday. He should be 2 surely???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willson played at Yank a long time ago for a season or 2 so he is a 0pointer. Yank also play at least 2 senior colts every game so that’s -2.
by Tiger83
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It does seem likely when Great Southern comp starts pretty much a month before the K.I. comp does and thus he would play three or 4 games for Yank before returning to Dudley for the commencement of their season.

Ahh cool cheers. I can see 2 in 2007 and 3 in 2008. So it could be that he was 3 points in 2008, but as a returning player the following year he would become a zero pointer. Interesting.

Edit - not sure what I've said there is correct

When did the point system actually come in?? I was under the impression that ANY games played for a club before that system came in, you were automatically a 0 pointer. Same as playing juniors at that club. And the APPS didn’t come into effect in something like 2010 wasn’t it?? If so, it’s a moot point coz he’s played previously and is clearly a 0 pointer.
by Tiger83
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jackpot jim wrote:
bluebagger wrote:Was Thomas injured for the Tigers this week or was it a points issue

I heard it was a points issue

Incorrect. Injured.
by Tiger83
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the current thought process from the GSFL:
Continue with Round 14 and the Women’s Prelim finals next weekend and move all other games for the rest of the season back a week

The (Saturday) finals would follow on from the minor round except for the Grand Final which would fall on AFL Grand Final day. This day would become a bye before our Grand Final a week after – note this would be the October Long weekend!

We are currently in the process of securing the finals venues – a week or so after they were planned to be played at those same venues.

These are the current thought patterns – as previously stated to make sure we get all rounds of footy completed and make sure no Club would be disadvantaged.
by Tiger83
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

If what May said to Melksham to get him fired up is true, he deserved a smack in the mouth.
by Tiger83
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone attend the GF? Was closer than many thought for alot longer until McLaren unshackled and got going. Best team all year.

It's here if you want to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzrg2-iROHw

Not important but do you not play 6,6,6 in this comp.

Nope. And not in the SFL either I believe.
by Tiger83
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

DOC wrote:Why is it in Melbourne?

Higher seeded team gets home ground rights.

Because the top 2 teams lost first week, they lost that advantage.
Next highest finished winner was North so they get the rights.
by Tiger83
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |