Search found 48 matches

Return

Re: Kowree Naracoorte Football League

Good money at Padthaway for the two boys from Encounter Bay, $3.5K per game each. No wonder our footy is stuffed! :shock:
Mate there not even on that between em. 3.5k per game each haha come on caramels!!

So which one of them are you calling a "liar"? You are no doubt within the inner sanctum down there if you can emphatically deny that figure. If I told you where that info came from you may get a shock, but I won't! :butthead:

The club was already pretty much at its limit b4 welsh and perrie so u expect them to find another 100k plus just lying round champ? Someones pullin ya leg mate. Oh and yes im am very close to that club alot bloody closer then yaself. Keep dribbling its entertaining :)

Very community spirited of them to leave Encounter Bay where they played in a flag last year to more than triple their drive and play for the love of the game. :roll: :lol: Dunno about 3.5K per game each, but it'd have to be a tidy sum.
by field of dreams
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

It could be worse, they could have worn a guernsey with Rocket Rooster on it and played at Willunga!
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

If the recommendations are followed through then you wont need 2 divisions because a few clubs wont fit the criteria to be affiliated with the SFL. I.E you must field 4 teams on saturdays.
by tigerpie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OMM
His old man is the Chief Purchasing Officer @ Hackham

Go to have a laugh when I see the $$$$$$$hoes make such comments
by vics01
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

WellPlayed#9 wrote:Interesting to see Jed Durdin has by passed Yank after getting dropped from Sturt, and is heading to Meningie. Can only assume 4 figures to head there!

Or Sturt told him it is in his best interests that he plays in the RMFL.....
by heater31
Sat May 03, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Im led to believe only Flaggy and Christies Beach voted against.

Christies Beach did not vote against, they just didn't vote.

There was not much point, the board had decided they wanted this in place so would have overruled the clubs to make sure it happened anyway, similar to another recent vote, had the majority of clubs not blindly gone along with it.

Sadly this is another effort to "dumb-down" our game to cater for the lowest denominator. We apparently need to make it easier for the lesser kids to get a kick, not that removing tackling, smothering, spoiling and shepherding is enough, we now need to reduce the number of players on the field so as to reduce the potential opponents.

What we get our kids playing on a Sunday morning is not our game, we have taken the contest out of it. We are not teaching young players how to win the ball in a contest, instead it will be given to them if it doesn't just happen to fall into their arms. This morning I saw numerous occasions where a player would take possession of the ball in the forward lines and would just weave his way past the players until he got to the goal line and tapped it through for a not counted goal (his opponents not allowed to do anything to stop him). The priority at the moment is to eliminate any defensive component of the game, on the off chance that a child might get upset because he too was not allowed to run into an open goal so that he can have his turn at kicking a goal.

The kids progressing to U/14s and onwards (if they have not got bored by that stage) do not have any instinct to go for a smother or a shepherd, but worst of all they have no sense how to protect themselves when going for the ball.

Our game is a physical, collision based game, we should stop pretending it is something it is not.

One of the justifications on Monday night was that it was due to the threat of soccer that we need to modify rules.

Why? What is the threat?

If we continue to try to make our sport more like soccer, why will the kids bother playing it when they can play the genuine article, with much greater career paths if they are good enough.

The kids want to play what they see on TV, the junior product we offer up is so far detached from that that it is almost unrecognisable - well the ball is similar and they kick and handball the same (but not too far).

We have good numbers at the moment, this is apparently aimed at increasing retention of the kids who lose interest because they find the game difficult. How many of the kids who are not really interested are going to go on to play senior football? Why do we modify the game for the kids who genuinely want to play the game just to cater for kids who do not really want to be there?

Anyone who has any interest in the state of junior football should read this: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/executive-living/equal-playing-field-makes-us-all-losers/story-e6frg9zo-1226650933850?nk=68e2444a758b3535542ad30432a85482
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tiger83 wrote:Can anyone post up the finals dates and venues if possible?? I wanna come down and have a gander.

Finals start 30/8/2014
1 v 4 @ SHOE 2 V 3 @ MARION ALL SAT
SUNDAY 5 V 8 @ PORTIES 6 V 7 @ BICE

WEEK 2 PORTIES SAT / ALDINGA SUN

WEEK 3 BICE SAT /SHOE SUN

WEEK 4 GF @ SAFC :roll:
by shoe boy
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.

Touche. Conceded fewer points.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

As for his campaign manager, maybe. But that is his record. Facts are facts.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.
Promoted juniors this year. Tick.
Organized some excellent speakers for the football nights. Tick.
Puts money back into the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.

Sounds like he will do well at Myponga then
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Idea for a tweak to the finals series

The top 4 get the reward they deserve. There is a reason teams 5-8 hardly make a Prelim, its because they are simply not good enough. Will never happen but id prefer a top 6, sick of rewarding mediocrity.
by Jim05
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of Season Delistings

And Adam Thompson
by RustyCage
Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

It's a real pity Sydney have to play at ANZ, its a pig of a place to play footy compared to the SCG.
by dedja
Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shaun coached the C & B grade to flags at Plympton over the couple of years.
Has a great passion for football and player development. Plympton FC Wish him all the best in his new role.
by Magnum Force
Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC major sponsor

Good to see the NAFC on the front foot with some sort of comment etc for "their" members / supporters!!!

Brains trust (Edwards and Bohdan) still can't workout why the last cheque was round and is bouncing back every time it hits the floor!!! :-)

The new sponsor according to word on the street ...

http://i60.tinypic.com/m7xbnc.jpg
by dedja
Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ben Kane and John Hinge?
by LuvsFooty
Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was under the impression it is averaged out over 2 or 3 years. I would suggest because he was at a league club he is a 4pointer.

I thought is was all based on the previous season in what they played when heading to a different league/club/level in the following year.

So in this case Panozz played majority of games in the reserves (19 out of 20) so going into 2015 based on the SFL allocation that would make it the 3 points?????

Just ask the SFL for more points and it wont matter...
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was under the impression it is averaged out over 2 or 3 years. I would suggest because he was at a league club he is a 4pointer.

I thought is was all based on the previous season in what they played when heading to a different league/club/level in the following year.

So in this case Panozz played majority of games in the reserves (19 out of 20) so going into 2015 based on the SFL allocation that would make it the 3 points?????

I may stand corrected but i am fairly sure that League and Reserves are classed as one competition so he would be a 4 pointer regardless of how many games he has played in either grade in the previous year. The only difference in points comes from an U18 player. I could be wrong of course but thats what i believe..
C. Major League Players

A player who has played a majority of matches for the Senior team of a Club or Clubs in a Category One or Two League in their previous playing season – an additional three (3) points should be added in the case of a Category One League and an additional two (2) points should be added in the case of a Category Two League.

The Community Football Board has created the following two category lists;

(a) Category One Leagues
· AFLNT, AFLNSW/ACT, AFLQ & AFLTAS
· Reserves of WAFL, SANFL & AFLVIC
· South Australian Amateur Football League – Div 1 2 3

He would be 3 points according to the above
by Off The Wall
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Mitchell Park up by a cutla against OSB Lonsdale over 6 quarters.

Was a good hit out played in good spirits.

It will be another tough year for OSB i suspect based on that result

it would be a tough year for any club whos oval is at the back of a high school and its clubrooms is a 20 metre long tin shed.
by marbles
Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great Night under lights @ Porties with Shoeys getting up by 24 pts in a well contested game , not sure the exact crowd numbers but was well supported , heard South Adelaide were not happy about the scheduling of the game in opposition to the South v Port game @ Hickinbotham
Well they regularly schedule games in competition to our games on Saturday afternoons so who cares
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

Tiger83 wrote:Better not be Jars

I think you can safely assume that it's not!!
by afc9798
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Tiger83 wrote:Balfours pie and a can of COLA???

you're better than that mate ;)
by woodublieve12
Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Unwatchable crap 95% of it. The occasional Open Mike isn't bad but 360 is rubbish. Every time I see Slobbo on the television I want to throw things at the screen. **** all that shit off and show more old school footy games from all states (but not that Foxtel Cup rubbish). Loving the 'Winners rebooted' series but wouldn't mind seeing a lot more 90's flashbacks as to me that was as good as footy got.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That rag only has one priority, t sell as much advertising as humanly possible
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez....odds of Cove v HV Round 1 fixture shortening by the post :)
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Tiger83 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:replaced with who?

Heath Lawry

Wouldnt have thought so. Signed elsewhere.

Apparently signed with Happy Valley in the SFL
by spot on
Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mclaren have now confirmed their A Grade Coach for 2016 will be Ex Mudlark big man Shane Sterzl. Great appointment

Any players from Valley's heading to the wine region with him?? Talk of pay cuts to current players for 2016 after the club signed Lawrie on 4 figures. :shock: Would imagine he's chatting to a few over a beer or two.

Wouldn't have thought too many would follow him. Those that played with him or under him years ago have now left or retired. He has more chance of dragging some blokes from Myponga where he spent most of him time over the years, No idea what sort of relationship he would have with any of them though,,,

Only a couple left at Pongy from the Sterzl days, Hassan & Wade Hutchy. Loots & Laff, who he played with at Pongy are already at Mclarens.
by words of wisdom
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DTH this is an example of which you speak..
by vics01
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't Keam do the same last year and one of the reasons he fell on his sword after 4 or 5 games?
by Down the Hill
Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I've worked plenty of weekends Spargo.

I'm missing my 13 year old sons basketball today because I'm at work. Where's my compensation?

When people CHOOSE these professions they know weekend work is required. Again their choice

Age of entitlements is over IMO
by Brodlach
Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Expansion or bust....

Booney wrote:What they do have is one of the best big men in the game who might be the best in a year or two if they can hold onto him

EFA
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The McLaren Football Club would like to advise that after a thorough review of our Senior Football Department we have informed Shane Sterzl our A Grade coach that we will be terminating his coaching contract immediately. We thank Shane for his time and effort that he has put into the club over the past 18 months and wish him well for the future.
Regards
Darren Lines
President

any reason why the coach got sacked?
by Bluedemon
Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 3- Preliminary Final Week.

For a SANFL thread you guys are sure obsessed with the AFL
1/5 th of the clubs and 5/5ths of the reason the SANFL are a complete farce are AFL. It'd be ignorant not to talk about it in SANFL threads.

The SANFL has become a farce not due to the AFL but due to the lack of retaining players from playing Ammo's or Country. There's no way in hell that Port or Adelaide's B grade would of got anywhere near the top clubs 10 years ago.
by LMA
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is your vote

While a ridiculously small sample it's interesting to note 4 no votes yet every comment in here is either voting yes or not voting

It seems to be a growing trend in political polls etc where the unpopular, non politically correct vote are feeling they can't express why they are voting that way so are doing so in a secretative manner
by whufc
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLX and Y and Z plus trial games

South squad for this weekends training at Norwood:

Full Fast Footy Squad
Nathan Beenham
Anthony Biemans
Keegan Brooksby
Tyson Brown
Alex Cailotto
Joel Cross
Brad Crabb
Abe Davis
Connor Fairlie
Tom Fields
Liam Fitt
Joseph Haines
Jayden Hall
Ben Haren
Ben Heaslip
Robert Irra
Jaidan Kappler
Nick Liddle
Cameron McGree
Jesse McKinnon
Ben Millman
Alex Moyle
Mark Noble
Sam Overall
Matt Raitt
Matt Rankine
Matt Rose
Jake Summerton
Cody Szust
Scott Taylor
Joseph Tyllis
Tom Whittlesea

I think with that many players we will go top.

Thats their whole squad!
With this squad I expect South's Overall Rankine to be Fairlie consistent this year, but a Liddle Irra or two at the wrong time could cost them. I hear they're only Szust Fitt enough for the time of year, disappointing given they're done lots of training on the Fields in the Summerton. Brooksby will be a key player, takes a big Crabb, but if Heaslip over or Kappler one behind the play then I'd say it's Hall over for them.

Do others Raitt the Panthers this year? Have to wait Tyllis over to accurately judge, of course.
by Magellan
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Corona Man wrote:I wouldn't know, not a problem I've ever had.

Same, I'm a sex object, I ask women for sex, and they object!
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

South by 10 points.

Crowd will be over 5000 for this blockbuster!!!
by Panther Pack
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 All Australian Squad/Team

wowee!!!!

I wish i was taletnted
She'll come with plenty of baggage too mate. No matter how hot they are, someone else stopped wanting them LOL.

I recall seeing a scale previously which showed the parallel between attractiveness and dramas... can't remember where though...

https://i.imgur.com/TQl95Ji.jpg
by woodublieve12
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Goodluck to Happy Valley in the 18's on Saturday.... Would love them to get one...
by woodublieve12
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Hearing about the Adelaide bloke and his Mrs who fell from the zip line walk up in the Daintree. On holidays, living the life, terrible.

Mrs Boon and Miss Boon did that very walk about 2 years ago. Not me, prisoner of gravity here.

I just saw this on facebook... I know the bloke and the family!!!! jesus!!! I am in absolute shock!! This bloke works in my office [emoji26]

Pretty numb around here for the last hour
Good bloke! Can’t believe it. Thoughts are with his family and I hope his wife has a speedy recovery
by woodublieve12
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Hearing about the Adelaide bloke and his Mrs who fell from the zip line walk up in the Daintree. On holidays, living the life, terrible.

Mrs Boon and Miss Boon did that very walk about 2 years ago. Not me, prisoner of gravity here.

I just saw this on facebook... I know the bloke and the family!!!! jesus!!! I am in absolute shock!!
by woodublieve12
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

Meanwhile, over at the South Australian Footballer:

cOuNtRy lEaGuEs gEt aLl tHe bEsT PlAyErS
Also: Derrdy derr maybe we should run a post about it and abuse everyone who disagrees. :P

They are just playing footy in Adelaide for 1-2 years and then going to the country for big bucks mate. The Riverland Footy League is a better standard than the SFL too. Get with the agenda....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

500 max or 1000 for 1 marquee.

As for points in the GF creek played 11/11, Willunga 6/11. Prelim Compass were 9/9- 3 x3 pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by field of dreams
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tiger83 wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
bluebagger wrote:Was Thomas injured for the Tigers this week or was it a points issue

I heard it was a points issue

Incorrect. Injured.

That makes more sense. Just stated what i was told which was obviously wrong.
by jackpot jim
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Durdins out of Yank , heading to Angaston . Which one or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both Geez, what’s going on at Yank? Massive exodus of type line players, Durdins x 2, Crabb, Liddle, Gotch are names I’ve heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk It’s the Tigers cycle. Hope which just delivers false dreams
by bluebagger
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 wrangling

Despite the previous comments here, is Rohan seriously one of Geelongs best 22? There’s gotta be a kid who can offer more? Always flying for Mark’s against the big forwards, almost gets in the way. Must be crucial to their ‘structure’ or something coz he’s bloody frustrating to watch... You need a useless bloke to belt the oppositions best player into he head and who you don't care if he gets a few weeks.

So yeah critical to there structure.
by stan
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haven’t heard a thing??

Couldn’t be heard over the whinging of the mount compass women’s footy crew.

Wow!. Thought our family first man was the biggest flog in the gsfl but this compass women’s coach takes the cake. Embarrassing for an already embarrassed club.
by Turfie
Fri May 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International ODIs

Haha, ESPN Cricinfo is a wealth if information that I spend alot of time on! Even better now you can access all the individual and team records through the app.

I was quite the same as a kid and a young lad, probably up until about 35, my nickname used to be Unisys bot on or off the field with all cricket stats, even when we were fielding I'd know exactly what the opposition was on and could give a required run rate to two decimal places at any given time :lol: :lol:

are you on the spectrum?, just asking........
No, but someday I'll be gone.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

daysofourlives wrote:Take your bum sniffing chat to the rugby page, leave this for proper football

:lol: :lol:
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |