Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

I doubt as some posts have suggested that Noarlunga have lost the amount of players they have because Trevor is an abusive Coach , Once in my 5 yrs @ the club have I seen one spray that I considered over the top or uncalled for , love him or hate him Trev has been a great servant of the club , is very thorough in his preparation and quite forthright and honest in his assessment of team and player perfomances , dont think for one second that I am one of Trevs yesmen , couldnt be further from the truth , we have banged heads on more than one occasion and no doubt will disagree on future issues , to blame him for the Exodus from NFC is both cheap and ill informed .
Some have retired , some have returned to former clubs , some have gone chasing better $$ on offer , some maybe see that Trev can't take the club further and some have simply gone elsewhere because they lack the bottle to Step Up and are Sh*t Scared of having to put in the HARD YARDS required to take the club forward
Regardless we will do the best we can with what we got ,
SEE YOU LOT @ THE FOOTY
by Oldman Munga
Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So has anything been said about the young no.33 for Christies, the same kid who kicked 120 & 88 goals in u16/u18, who coward punched a Marion player 120m off the ball few weeks ago and copped just 4 weeks?

The Marion players teeth went straight through his lips.

Disgraceful.

17yo standing up to a thug is hardly a "coward punch"

Not the way to react though, hence 4 weeks

Nice story though, where you from?
Perhaps just another coward not willing to say what their club is.

A thug?

That thug has never thrown a punch in his life you ill-informed noob.
Compared to the "17yo" who was asked to leave noarlunga for kicking.

I'm Marion all the way pal do your homework.

The player in question was NEVER asked to leave Noarlunga , We fought like buggery to retain him , before accusing others of having their facts wrong I suggest you get your own right
by Oldman Munga
Mon May 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understand the Premiers have had a bit of a dummy spit over only having 12 APPS for season 2015.. After using 14 on GF day they may not be able to top up the list??

You back at Cove vics01?[/quote
On the contrary Vics , a delegation from NFC has just returned from a successful sojourn to Darwin and secured a more than handy recruit for 2015 with possibly more to follow , theres going to be a bit of movement on our list with retirements etc but squeezing us on points wont be much of an issue , you just have to look back at what we achieved last season with 23 departures and 3 season ending injuries in the pre season .
Maybe you would like a complementary bottle of our premiership wine to appease your concerns about us , its called Winefly Tears , I'll even throw in a box of Kleenex for you
by Oldman Munga
Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brighton had a great day of games down at the Shoe oval on Saturday. Was good to watch all games, and all were played in good spirit. Brighton won the A grade by about 5 goals in the end I believe. Noarlunga were without Johncock, Comer and Minns, and seemed to have a a bit more trouble than last year in the ctr.There was some good ball movement from both sides though. I think our guys will be more competitive this year by the looks of things. Looking forward to seeing what round 1 has in store for us. I would be interested to hear a Noarlunga perspective on the game!?
Agreed MRP was a good day of footy and might add rather well supported by your club who are not renowned for travelling , it's always good to blow the cobwebs out before the real stuff begins , your outfit look to be in great condition and I reckon luck permitting , you will have a reasonable yr
Been a fair bit of movement on the Noarlunga list in the off season with Minns(Pt Lincoln) W.Johncock (Glenelg ) Comer retiring and coaching our B Grade.Booga retiring again ,Hudson back to Mt Gambier due to work , B&F winner Rattley concentrating on work for now but expected to return before mid yr, Carlisle out for the season after shoulder surgery and Henry Kerinuia currently back on the Tiwi Islands but expected to return to Coburg in the VFL. where he has done some pre-season work
Lindsay Moreen has returned after a good season with the Tiwi Bombers
On the in front Copestick has returned after 3 years with Bordertown , Mitch Mulroney a 6ft 10 ruckman from Ainslie in the NEAFL ,Owen Henry from Tiwi Bombers, Owen Patterson from Tennant Creek, and Kynan Betts who won last yrs Mail Medal at Malle Pk in Pt Lincoln, and the return of Hocking,Emery and Atkinson who missed last yr with Knee reconstructions and ankle surgery respectively ,
We have also been selected as home club by Glenelg recruit Willie Rioli Jnr ,but I doubt we will see him at all such is the calibre of young Willie,.

Having Nick Mott,Matthew Johncock and Kynan Betts on the Crows Reserves Top Up List throws us a whole new scenario for 2015 , will be very interesting to see how that works , Mott and Johncock have had solid pre seasons and impressed early ,
All in all we are in a lot better place than we were at this stage last yr with more than 10 players expected to play B Grade who have had a good taste of A Grade footy , Mitts certainly will be a lot busier at team selection this yr with a bit more depth at his disposal
The $64 question is are we good enough to defend the flag ???? Ask me in late August and I'll give you an answer
by Oldman Munga
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big night obviously at HV. Coach wasn't right for the club and decision made to part ways now rather than end of the season. Not decision taken lightly by committee but right outcome for the club.
Now search commences for replacement. Names being thrown around include Chopper Taylor, Trevor Potts, Nathan Eagleton, Steve Wallace, Bomber Spinks, Dave Couch, Shane Sinclair.
Easy for names to be thrown around but some of these names either wouldn't be available or prepared to take it on.
Maybe you could RAFFLE the job off ?
by Oldman Munga
Fri May 08, 2015 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few weeks old, but more good publicity for Smackham and the SFL
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-introduces-new-laws-to-fight-local-footy-violence/story-fnii06m0-1227599323330

Vics, how many players do you currently have in the big house? Does this impact the start date for your pre-season training?

Edwardstown doing their best to trash the name of the league on their way out

Harsh!
Heard the kitchen at Hacham has been closed to make way for a Dept of Corrective Services office ? Is that right Vics ???
by Oldman Munga
Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Jason Peach who on Saturday plays his 400th Senior Game for Noarlunga
by Oldman Munga
Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Flagstaff Hill , too good on the day. All the Best in the BIG DANCE
by Oldman Munga
Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to the Flagstaff Hill Football Club .

Yep we copped our right whack in the Granny , didn’t come to play ,
Rightful congratulations to Flagstaff Hill Football Club ,
To go through the whole season undefeated and drop it at the big one bloody hurts
and it should , Maybe 1 or 2 retirements at Noarlunga but plenty left in the tank to have another crack next hr

WELL DONE FLAGGIES
by Oldman Munga
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

vics01 wrote:Border open again.. Noarlunga open again
Border open again. jpg

Weed is so 2014 Vics , we got a pill press now
Wanker
by Oldman Munga
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |