Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Can't see the extra points being of much use to the Shoes this close to round 1.
For so many players to leave something is obviously wrong at Noarlunga, the abusive coach maybe?

Any chance the draw for the juniors will be announced before round 1?
Rumour has it several clubs are struggling for numbers in the 16s & 18s.
If that proves to be correct, it's a huge concern.
by Boof
Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mal Ralph what a character ! Say what you want about him but he is passionate about his footy and his kids seem to play for him! Noarlunga have recruited some quality and seem to be using some of there points ! Simon dean back from west is a massive in !! Still got a way to go but I believe they are chasing players around Australia !! Pomeroy from valleys to flaggies interesting !! Cove still losing players on clearance list so think they will be rebuilding!! Hackham big movers never thought I would say that!! And Bachman back to Christies to play with his buddy Ben princi! Top three reynella , morphie park and valleys ! Raffle the next eight spots !
by Secondsquare
Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is interesting to note that the u/18 competition with 13 has more sides than both the u/16 and u/14 competitions who only have 10 sides each. This would go against the trend in most competitions even accounting for the availability of ex-college kids who are newly available on Saturday. Also interesting that all the DTH are filling sides, yet three sides past cement hill failed to fill their own independent side.

I think you'll find these clubs all have Sunday 14's and 16's although I think Marion and MVP are with struggling for under 16's....I cant help but feel that this is due to non capping of junior sides which allows a club to field multiple teams when other clubs don't field one for certain grades. Doesn't lend itself to an even comp, hopefully this doesn't result in Sunday 16's comp folding like last season cause not so sure other clubs will be so accommodating this year.

In business you do not suddenly make weak competitors strong by restricting the stronger companies.
It is not the stronger clubs' role to recruit players on behalf of weaker clubs. I agree with capping players per team to ensure each team entered is on an equal footing and that set squads should be in place, but if a club is able to recruit enough players for 5 teams within one grade, then they should be allowed to field each of those teams.
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It could be worse for Aldinga after seeing the scores in the Seaton v Kilburn game!
by Peter Griffen
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time for the Sharks to announce the SOS ( save our sharks ) campaign. Similar what the Richmond footy club did when they were down and out in the late 80's ( Save our Skins). A chance to unite the club past players, supporters to put there hand up and show there true colours.
by The Cadet
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="shoe boy"]I would like to inform all posters of the passing of Noarlunga and SFL life member Clem Hurst.

RIP Clem.[/quote

The committee of the Morphettville Park Football Club would like to pass on their condolences to Clem's Family and the Noarlunga Football Club on his passing ..... R.I,P Clem..
by Broken Down Hack
Fri May 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Result of last nights special meeting re FDC.

Vote on point 1 was 9 clubs voted for change 6 clubs voted no change 3 board members voted no change leaving President Warman to have casting vote which he also voted no.

No need to vote point 2-5 as they all fell in line with point 1 to make change to the structure of SFL.
So we go on with nothing to see here.

I do recall a certain club President make comment after vote on point 1 was handed down that it is a "democracy"!!! MY FRIEND DEMOCRACY YOU HAVE NO IDEA OR VERY SHORT MEMORY OF DECISSIONS THAT HAVE NOT TURNED OUT THE WAY YOU INTENDED THEN CRY DEMOCRACY!!!!!
by shoe boy
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A huge pat on the back to Simon Robinson his army of helpers on Saturday. Possibly one of the best days ive had at Emu Park, for PINK DAY. The only blemish (for an emu supporter) was that Noarlunga were just too good on the day, getting the chocolates in the main game. Word is that over $12000 was raised throughout the day for Breast Cancer research, which is a phenomenal effort. Over $1700 of that was raised to see Emu star Tim Howell shave off his beloved Dreadlocks, with another $7K being raised with the auctioning of the PINK guernseys. Also like to say well done to Booga Schutz, who I believe played his 350th game on the weekend. Great effort. All in all, a great day of suburban footy.
by Leo
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if we would be having this conversation if the league didn't issue extra points to the shoes?

Reynella by 3 goals

Here we go again !
no where near some other clubs allocation but for the record 5 extra over our allocation which equates to 1 player .

Agree it shoul;d be a non issue. Hard to criticise Noarlunga who have recruited exceptionally well and then had a bit of luck getting some players come back and all within the rules. Entertaining to watch too. Hoping this game lives up to the hype and that conditions have settled by Saturday.
by afc9798
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With Christies having half the side from the Shoe it will be a cracker in the 18 game at Porties :) Go you NORDINGA BOYS
by shoe boy
Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oxa wrote:The young fella from porties is still in hospital and will require a couple of ops on eye socket and face. May also have a blood clot behind his eye. All the best to him and his wife in what I would say will be hard few weeks

All the best to the young lad.
by shoe boy
Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a piss weak effort by the league. Gotta do what's necessary to stamp these disgusting acts out of the game, which they did not. Also the offender is an absolute loser. Only benefit I can see of him not getting a life ban is that the porties boys will have a chance to hurt him back next time they meet. Such a poor penalty handed out by the league is to blame for any forthcoming retaliation. And boy do I hope there is some severe retaliation because the victims life is essentially ruined
by fiftympenalty
Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Reynella come in with a 6'8 and Shoes say we match that with a 6'10 ;)
by shoe boy
Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:
cracka wrote:Just wondering are any clubs or officials copping any crap for playing games before midday on Anzac day.

being a Saturday there will be 3 junior games before midday in the SFL[/quote]

Unless you play Edwardstown!!!
by shoe boy
Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard talk of this last night , I'm speechless ,dumbfounded and disappointed , personally I would rather win the spoon than resort to this

Understand the sentiment, but without bending the rules I am not sure how you are going to keep recruiting Tiwi Island boys, unless they are coming to play B-Grade.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This situation is just outrageous !
Who is running the league ? Surely the Hamilton "DEAL" wasn't ok'd by warman our pres. and now Bowd !! it must be a f#*king joke. Then the extra points saga and now the "LIFE MEMBER " situation. These individuals that are creating this crap should be outed, we don't need their type causing hardship and stress to players and families within our football community. As I said if your child is playing football down there remove them before your lad is the next S.Hamilton. :evil:[/quote]

I recall S Hamilton playing in the GF last year?
Bowd the same lad that was given employment, transport plus accommodation and still benefits from. The same Bowd that left for a bag of $$ we couldn't match then after pre season wanted back in? The same Bowd that still has plenty of mates at NFC and had a great year playing for the NCC and winning a flag.
Points !!! we just joined the queue for our 2 points.
Now you never mentioned the Premiers of 2014 you puppet. :YMPARTY:
by shoe boy
Fri May 08, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With 2 rounds to play the 14/16/18/B grade final 8 is set BUT the A grade is wide open with tenth placed Porties on 16 points with Valley in 9th on 16 points and Christies 8th on 16 points who this week play 7th placed Townies on 18 points with Townies having a bye in the last round should make for a cracker of a game .

Porties - Tough draw wineys and bombers. After seeing them last week, they are missing plenty of blokes in that side, will miss 8 IMO.
Valleys- Twisties at the pasty and the not so household names of the shoeys :lol: 8 point game last week (Porties) and this week is too... still a chance for 8th.
Christies- Townys and Hackam if they don't forfeit ;), if Bice oval boys get up for Cratey this week he gets to coach on in Sept!

Think Christies in the box seat for 7th and 8th spot may come down to percentage- valley Townys Porties..... but you never know......

Huge game at Pig Park also 1 v 2, can flaggy fire a shot across the bow of the Winey's juggernaut on their home deck.....??
Cracking round of games coming up this week..... should be more of it!!

Awesome comp
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:It looks almost certain edwardstown are off to the ammos.
Cya!

Not sure there will be any tears shed.
by afc9798
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do not normally like to rag on umpires but the young tall lad umpiring the A Grade at the Noarlunga v Reynella game yesterday was some of the worst umpiring I have ever seen!! The other two did a good job but the young lad was totally inept and seemed to be overwhelmed by the occasion. Surely he cannot do another A grade final this year.

You were obviously at the game I watched .

Certainly were some interesting decisions paid by said umpire, almost got Reynella back into the game at one point!

He was umpiring with two good experienced umpires and I am sure that they will pass on that umpiring is done well, when you are not noticed. In finals umpires please let the boys play.

Great crowd to watch the game at Aldinga.

I do believe the GOD FATHER at the Shoe has a big job to do at the tribunal this week. You might have to find a horses head if you are unsuccessful.
by Thumbs Up
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |