Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Great lead up to finals for Vikings 18s - forfeit from Morphettville Park last week and now Edwardstown this week.
by Front & Centre
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Mister Footy and AFC, you seem to have a lot to say about the club and especially regarding the coaching position at the Valley. Are you involved in the club in any formal way? I would hope not!
I can tell it’s the clubs decision to advertise and I know Dent was keen to be reappointed before the season was finished. Four, five or six years is not too long depending on results and the improvement of players. This year Dents focus was on promoting juniors to step up a grade, if they were up to it. We have seen a large number of kids doing this year and we have had around 10 under 18’s play B grade and 4 play A grade. There would have been more if the others wanted to step up. A large number of players are having their best year for the club, so I would think the instructions Dent is giving has been followed out. The players understand and are happy.
Some stats for you to consider regarding Dents record;
No other club has won more A grade games than the Valleys in Dents time
No other club has won more A grade finals, Brighton have won the same number
No other club has scored more points for in A grade
No other club has conceded more points in A grade
I know a few other clubs that would like to have that record.
We all know 2013 turned out to be a big disappointment for the club, but I am not sure where you are coming from with the comment “Some risky selections on his mates last year”, please explain.

You have made a few interesting points here Vinney.
"This year Dents focus was on promoting juniors" Why only this year? Shouldnt an A grade coach always be looking to promote juniors?
"The players are happy" What makes you say this? Not sure that is 100% correct and is probably a contributing factor to the club advertising this year.
"4, 5 or 6 years is not too long depending on results" The results speak for themselves. As has been pointed out one premiership with all of your impressive stats is not a great return.
Club is making a good decision to see who else is out there
by Front & Centre
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NPG shopping himself around the SFL looking for the best money and has landed at the emus. Waiting for all those emus supporters to give me a rocket for daring to suggest they pay players huge fees (or is that just TVs?) but I can tell you categorically that this player did not come to your club cheaply
by Front & Centre
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.
by Front & Centre
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vikings 2015 looks like it will be very different to Vikings 2014 - few big losses however one who had left has already returned and some new recruits look pretty good. Couple of these former HV juniors so good to see them come home. Coach is also gaining alot of respect for his professionalism
One former player has been poached over to the bushpigs but reckon it wont be hard to put him off his game. Cant wait for round 1
by Front & Centre
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im obviously not involved with HV, as I am a BDOSFC person, but I think people are very quick to have a crack at the new coach.
Surely there is more involved in the success of a club than just a coach. It is the football operations dept. the playing list, the club culture, the $ being spent.
There is a saying I would possibly use to help defend the new coach "It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd, it is never going to turn into a diamond".

I think a new coach walking into a depleted side should be given at least a year or 2 before the wolves are set on him. Or at least given the chance to show progress. but that just IMO

Agree it is not just the coach - operations department also need to have a look in the mirror but as has been mentioned previously they were too busy having half time drinks. A lot more going on than willing to put on this forum - would like to win one game this year.Former players offering help as they don't like seeing what's going on but told everything is ok. Yes we lost some talent and have had a couple of injuries but we have also had some significant ins and A grade players choosing to play B grade. Our best side would still be a very competitive unit if everything comes together.
We are a strong proud club and sitting zip and 4 doesn't sit well with us.
by Front & Centre
Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep lets get the footy to do the talking

Good to hear there is already quality prospects showing interest in job

Unfortunately footy didn't do the talking MF.
One might call into question benefit of terminating coach just before last training session before selections. Combined with the media circus from Advertiser article it was far from ideal preparation for a game of footy.
I have heard that same group of people that appointed Keam on selection panel for next coach although one of these is apparently going away and switching his phone off for a week. Does this mean process will take longer? Hope that doesn't affect the quality prospects you have heard about
by Front & Centre
Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The HV U18s would be a better chance Saturday if they didn't have four of their best 22 (top ten really) not qualified to play finals. Poor management by the Club, writing was on the wall all year that the 18s would be going deep into finals whilst the senior sides wouldn't be.

Actually BFD up until the second to last round A grade could have made finals and would have had some injured players back to assist the finals campaign. Our big losses were without key players who would have been available.
BC has done a better job of promoting juniors than previous A grade coaches sometimes out of necessity. We also now have an 18s coach who doesn't think it is all about him. Getting game time in young lads sets us up for a good 2017.
An 18s flag would be magnificent but getting to the GF despite this season is a credit to the squad. Anyone who saw the game against Reynella knows how well this team can play.
by Front & Centre
Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Flagstaff on your first A grade flag and to former HV Alumni Rod Mitchell
Impressed with our 18s performance who took it right up to Brighton who had been the best team all year. No one outside the club probably appreciates the issues and difficulties this team has faced over the season. For Shaun to get them to a GF and get that performance out of them on the day was outstanding and bears well for us as these boys become seniors.
by Front & Centre
Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll add my thanks to Hank Middleton for all his work at HVFC - my son has been put into an ambulance by Hank and I was glad to have someone who was calm and "pedantic"

On another note whilst racking up a number of guernseys has been mentioned above I believe Marion has a new coach. This guy would have several SFL polos in his wardrobe now.
Good luck to him. Hope players like hearing "React"
by Front & Centre
Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear Marion Football Club,

Continually lodging clearances for Mitchell Park footballers without speaking to the Mitchell Park Football Club about why we're continually denying them will do no one any favours. You can't "sneak" them past hoping the one week limit will hit as our Football Director gets an email every time you lodge them.

Please speak to our President - Shane Lynch or Football Director - Matthew Davidson, about arranging their transfer. They are looking forward to your phone call.

Kind Regards,
morell

Looking forward to both clubs being in same competition next year
by Front & Centre
Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |