Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

thats my mail too, both back to lofty

Well one of us is going to be wrong :evil:
Yes Flash is going back to Lofty but P-G is heading overseas and word around the club is he will play for HV when he returns
He is best mates with Joel Brown and Joel is staying

he is also mates with gordon..i think jake and dutchy are going to be right..

Yes mates with Gordon but Peto and JB work together as well

But as the saying goes - time will tell

If he does decide to go back to Lofty it would be interesting to know why considering he is meant to also be assistant a grade coach at HV - was it cash, trying to rescue Lofty or didnt get along with Dent? Hope HV look into reasons why someone who has been very involved in our club over last couple of years would leave

Personally I still see him wearing the no 3 HV guernsey this year and if he was after any sort of success in season 2014 HV would seem a better bet than Lofty
by Mister Footy
Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure of the accuracy of this, but did hear that Cranston was staying at the Roos for another year.

As for J.Eagleton, pretty sure he's still a Viking and is training as usual.

I hear Peterson-Grey, on the other hand, is undecided whether or not he'll be at the valley next year.
Would be a massive loss if he didn't sign on again.

Johnny has been training with Valleys - he is definitely staying :D but brothers Damian & Mick retiring
As for Peto - rumours probably come from him going overseas soon and he will miss few weeks but those I have spoken to seem sure he will be keen to get back to his footy when he gets home :D
Can confirm a couple of very handy players have returned to Valleys :D :D :D
Heard a rumour that there is potentially another player who has spoken to the club about returning that dont think anyone at Valleys counted on seeing back there also :shock:
by Mister Footy
Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure of the accuracy of this, but did hear that Cranston was staying at the Roos for another year.

As for J.Eagleton, pretty sure he's still a Viking and is training as usual.
by afc9798
Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You still don't get it 85WAGY. What you say about Brighton initially not having a Saturday Under 16 team is the statement of yours that is completely wrong. Didn't you even read my post beyond my crack at the Bays. We always had a Saturday team Just like every other year we have been in the SFL, giving us a team in all 5 Saturday grades just like every other year. The team that you supported getting a game of footy at that delegates meeting was our other Under 16 team that was our nomination for the Sunday comp but became the team known as Brighton Black in the Saturday comp giving us 2 teams in that comp. You are making it sound like we nominated both our Under 16 teams for the Sunday comp (god knows why) and had both of them moved into the Saturday comp.
by Down the Hill
Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mal Ralph what a character ! Say what you want about him but he is passionate about his footy and his kids seem to play for him! Noarlunga have recruited some quality and seem to be using some of there points ! Simon dean back from west is a massive in !! Still got a way to go but I believe they are chasing players around Australia !! Pomeroy from valleys to flaggies interesting !! Cove still losing players on clearance list so think they will be rebuilding!! Hackham big movers never thought I would say that!! And Bachman back to Christies to play with his buddy Ben princi! Top three reynella , morphie park and valleys ! Raffle the next eight spots !

Mal Ralph is an interesting choice of coach for Christies - best of luck to them

Sad to see Pomeroy head over to the arch rivals but is true he struggled to get a game in the As and has been working at Roxby for last couple of years

Hackham Ins are very interesting - did I hear right that a former Fremantle Docker and winefly junior is playing with them this year? That must be chewing up their points.

For me top 3 Reynella, Vikings, Emus
by Mister Footy
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FUTURE DIRECTIONS COMMITTEE

SFL Board are doing the rounds and visiting all the clubs committees to talk about FD. HVFC turn last night. Apparently some heated exchanges. :?
by Mister Footy
Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bad day at the Valley for our A grade today - out-played, out-classed and out-coached was one description I heard a senior official state tonight
Pity cos it was Heubners 200th A grade game
by Mister Footy
Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade top 4 getting established with teams at 5, 6, & 7 still a bye to come. Nevertheless, next weekend HV v Bushpigs (at HV) will be a cracker!

Notice one S.McKenzie played B grade for HV today. Will he step up to A's next week .......... hope so.
by King
Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade top 4 getting established with teams at 5, 6, & 7 still a bye to come. Nevertheless, next weekend HV v Bushpigs (at HV) will be a cracker!

Notice one S.McKenzie played B grade for HV today. Will he step up to A's next week .......... hope so.

Agree next weeks game will be very interesting and will be good to have 5 games of good footy in all grades
Brilliant to see Macka back in action
by Mister Footy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree next weeks game will be very interesting and will be good to have 5 games of good footy in all grades
Brilliant to see Macka back in action

Yeah coz he's such a champion bloke right. I'd prefer him still on the other side of the fence

I'm sure just about every single person that knows him disagrees with you. I know you have a personal axe to grind, but the guy has served more than his suspension and is free to play regardless of your opinion. The number of blokes from Noarlunga who went out of their way to shake his hand at the B grade game on Saturday tells me there's plenty of respect for the guy.
by afc9798
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only during school holidays.. As school boy footy has precedence.. Play games away until school holidays. Great family atmosphere going to a pub
by vics01
Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

The idea of Dent not going on next year seems to be gaining ground with one current coach talking himself up as a potential replacement after a few beers at Christies on the weekend.
I hear views amongst playing group seems to be that they like Dent but 4 years is long enough to hear the same message.
Will be interesting to see which way the club goes with this. Personally I think we have alot of players with probably only a couple of years left and alot of juniors coming through and would be good to see the next coach be across the whole club rather than just A grade but dont know if that should be 2015 or 2016. Is 5 years too long with one coach?
Benny coleman having a few was he :) might get a few of the lofty boys back :0

Pretty sure BC was coaching MV against Brighton. Its a fairy story getting him back to the club and if it brought back NPG then thats even better. Cant see BC moving from coaching MV in 2014 to HV in 2015 - would be different if they werent in same league

Been hearing Denty to pongy in the gsfl !

Really? Heard a whisper on weekend from a couple of blokes that all positions will be advertised and Dent aware. Wonder if he has told club he is not going on or if he made a move after hearing his job is being advertised.

Club cant be pinning their hopes all on Coleman - hope they have others in mind. Anyone aware of any potential coaches sniffing around for jobs?

Interesting timeframe all this happening when team is flying and right before finals
by Mister Footy
Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The idea of Dent not going on next year seems to be gaining ground with one current coach talking himself up as a potential replacement after a few beers at Christies on the weekend.
I hear views amongst playing group seems to be that they like Dent but 4 years is long enough to hear the same message.
Will be interesting to see which way the club goes with this. Personally I think we have alot of players with probably only a couple of years left and alot of juniors coming through and would be good to see the next coach be across the whole club rather than just A grade but dont know if that should be 2015 or 2016. Is 5 years too long with one coach?
Benny coleman having a few was he :) might get a few of the lofty boys back :0

Pretty sure BC was coaching MV against Brighton. Its a fairy story getting him back to the club and if it brought back NPG then thats even better. Cant see BC moving from coaching MV in 2014 to HV in 2015 - would be different if they werent in same league

Been hearing Denty to pongy in the gsfl !
by the wonder elephant
Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you forget to log back in as marbles?
by woodublieve12
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry , but with all due respect your post is concerning and again smells like SAAFL of which I and my members want nothing to do with!!

When we play the Christies , Porties , MVale ,Reynella , Valley ,Flaggies ,Hackham and even the Sharks we have our best numbers through the gate thus revenue and with that great atmosphere .
by shoe boy
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

trying to,work out why the sfl won't adopt Sunday footy for juniors (all grades) it provides maximum participation maximum quality with the private and public combine a full day of footy it makes big dollars and allows a pathway through U18 to all Saturday clubs especially now the Deep South private schools are setting up Saturday footy. Also can be run irrespective of whether a club has a side in amateurs as they are separate and it won't hurt those who pine for what they lovingly call the big day out.

instead we stick to a hotpotch one big day of Saturday footy made up of forfeits combines and clubs playing at multiple grounds Sunday footy for all will happen it will just take time for the lovers of past glories to work it out.

As for the seniors that will take some serious working out at least every team will provide two games on a Saturday .......... Div 7 pack the bags for Salisbury North west from Aldinga that's an overnighter

You from Hackham?
We are not and don't want to be SAAFL.
We have allowed our league to be taken advantage of by some to cause the issues you raise! We need to have strong leadership to put this comp back where it once was.
Sunday footy was about mini footy and of latter years a over flow of sat sides (development) NOT what we have today.
by shoe boy
Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All of these suggestions about changing the number of players in teams and juniors to go to Sundays are missing the point about what is great about the SFL and probably can't appreciate the atmosphere of a full day of club footy like will happen today with Winies v Emus. Kick off with the 14s and the players & parents can stay on to watch the A grade - big crowds, lots of noise and great atmosphere.

Instead Happy Valley had teams at 3 grounds yesterday with only 4 teams playing (18s had their 2nd forfeit in a row) Our supporters and volunteers stretched to get to the 3 ovals. Last week we were at 2 different grounds. I know we are not alone in this but I shake my head at how the SFL allow it.
I reckon the best suggestion the Future Directions committee had was to only allow clubs that could field 5 teams on a Saturday would be part of the league.

Is it a case of having too many clubs? Time for a few to merge if they want to survive?

I suppose last couple of weeks have at least prepared us for finals and the travelling between grounds if you want to see other teams in your club play. Travelling between Marion and Noarlunga this week - couldn't have got grounds that are much further apart
by Mister Footy
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:Goodfriend220358 u didnt emotionally object the concept of hackham in the ammos??

Are you talking to yourself?
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.

Touche. Conceded fewer points.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

As for his campaign manager, maybe. But that is his record. Facts are facts.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.
Promoted juniors this year. Tick.
Organized some excellent speakers for the football nights. Tick.
Puts money back into the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.

Win Premierships maybe?

1 Flag for the best team of that period, stats don't lie as you say, is a poor return IMO.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't see the incident so not going to comment other than to say hope the lad is recovering ok.

The McKenzie incident has been referred to recently and whilst I am not going to condone what was done it staggers me the level of abuse directed at him this finals series from spectators of many different clubs including outside the SFL with reference on what these morons would like to do to him and his sons. Yeah have a good sledge but surely there is a line that shouldn't be crossed when you are around families. If the SFL are going to throw people out for fighting in the crowd the perhaps this sought of anti social behaviour should also see them shown the door.

There has been a lot of posters claiming to have seen these incidents over the last couple of years but I wonder how many actually did see them.
It's a funny thing when incidents are taken to the courtroom and under oath the facts are not quite what was put on this very forum. :shock:
by Mister Footy
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SFL Grand Finals Competition - Win a Stubbie Holder

Mister Footy says: Get a kick from people's picks - especially those that select Brighton in 18s. Played them once this year with far from our strongest side and beat them by 45 points. You guys all convinced Brighton's college kids back in the side make that much of a difference? Well DTH if you get up in the 18s it will be a huge upset

My picks
14s Valley in a tight contest
16s Emus tough game style will win the day
18s Valleys easy
Bs Valleys in a tight contest
As Shoes by a couple of goals

MF - You have become quite famous amongst the BDOS 18s. Your post has been reposted on their Facebook page and has now been seen by all coaches and players.

Hope the club won't hold you responsible when the BDOS boys win..........

Ah MZ I am sure every coach is using every trick available. That would be like JC showing the lads how many people have tipped against them on this forum however I am sure he is choosing to focus on the game.

Expect Curyer to be heavily tagged but that just leaves more running options open. And if BDOS do get up then they have beaten the best team all year and deserve the premiership. Cant see it happening though - too much talent in this team and I reckon they will want to show any doubters why they havent lost a game.

If I have become famous does it come with a free pass into the ground and my own car park? Bring on the footy :D
by Mister Footy
Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice to see some actual footy news on their FB rather than ads

PRESIDENT ANNOUNCEMENT: The services of the Club Coach Stephen Keam have been terminated effective from Thursday 7th May 2015. Adam Taylor will take over as Caretaker Coach assisted by Darren Spinks. There will be a search conducted over the next 2-3 weeks to acquire the services of an A grade Coach for the remainder of the 2015 season.
Steve Maguire
President
HVFC
by Dutchy
Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking at next Saturday's draw, the game of the round looks like being Happy Valley v Marion.
by spot on
Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JC's departure must have been a bit messy by the sounds of it. Or won't the senior players be keen on a guy who has only coached juniors, and do they fear that some of the ageing warriors who Keam has had playing in the B grade will still miss out on a game from someone with an eye to youth and looking to build towards the next crack at a flag rather than coach for damage control. There's not much value in only being competitive if you aren't getting A grade games into the young lads.

How water tight are coaching contracts at our level. Does Keam get paid out? Those Mini's parents better be geared up for selling plenty of raffle tickets!!!

I guess we could always implement the 'I'm too lazy to volunteer levy'. Which clubs have that?
by afc9798
Fri May 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The radio show "Siren to Siren" is avoiding any mention of the biggest news story this week. 35 minutes in and no discussion about the sacked coach yet. Time to review the make up of the panel, it's not all sunshine & butterflies all the time.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri May 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting that the facebook sacking announcement has been taken down, I guess they didn't appreciate the media interest!
by Dutchy
Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting that the facebook sacking announcement has been taken down, I guess they didn't appreciate the media interest!

We live in a media driven society, if smart they could turn it into free advertising by talking about what type of replacement they are looking for and giving the journalist the right lines that would be quoted. Instead they have come across in a bit of a negative light. Was obvious it would generate interest considering the media circus created last year by Aldinga.

Hasn't been many smart moves in last 8 months. :shock: :shock: :shock:

If same group are picking the next coach let's hope they get it right this time [-o<
by Mister Footy
Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We live in a media driven society, if smart they could turn it into free advertising by talking about what type of replacement they are looking for and giving the journalist the right lines that would be quoted. Instead they have come across in a bit of a negative light. Was obvious it would generate interest considering the media circus created last year by Aldinga.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon May 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This Happy Valley saga is the gift that keeps giving. The previous post is from someone with an allegiance to Sturt, Hawthorn and CLG. Now who could that be.

Seems the saga may be over, the eerie silence out of Happy Valley may be a sign that the media black-ban has been reinstated down there. Sad, I was enjoying the input of Mister Footy & afc9798 etc over the last few years after what seemed like a non-existence of the HVFC on the internet.

No black ban mate just waiting for the new coach to be appointed. Reckon Maguire's phone would be running hot at the moment - has to coordinate timing of Carlton announcing Malthouse has quit/sacked before we announce he's our bloke.

In all seriousness just hoping they get it right this time
[-o< [-o< [-o<

Anyway who needs mine and AFC's input when you have Vics and DTH have a crack at each other :D :D
by Mister Footy
Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't mess with any footy club with a Maguire at the helm. :D
by Down the Hill
Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I want to know is why Hackham and Lonsdale don't merge? Hackham can say all they like they are not about to close the doors but they have leaks within and I have heard the situation is pretty dire. Lonsdale also struggle in many areas but mostly with facilities which Hackham have got.

Is it because there are too many Lonsdale people at SFL who dont want to see this club merge again or are the clubs just so pig headed and short sighted?

Everyone else in the league can see they dont have a long term future if they don't do something drastic and if it was merge or die would they really prefer to die? :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Mister Footy
Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Across A's B's C's and 18's there is a total of 7 clubs in the top 4 with three of those clubs only in only one of the respective top 4's

That makes the remaining clubs being Brighton, Flagstaff Hill, Happy Valley and Reynella
Can anyone see the any of the above flags not going to these four clubs? Is that a problem this early in the year?[/quote

Is it round 6 this week ?
You can't do much about poorly run clubs. Put the right people in at the top and the rest will look after itself
by twobob
Tue May 10, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys, you have to look at the bigger picture of what the fixture man is faced with. Cove plays Marion at Marion in A & B grade. Flaggies are drawn to play Cove in U17 and U15 and the Flaggies Seniors have the BYE so he has kept the 4 Cove Saturday teams together by playing the U17 and U15 games at Marion. In U13 Flaggies are drawn to play CB so it also makes sense in keeping the 3 Flaggies junior teams together by playing this game at Marion as well. So the only team that is mis-placed is the U13 team of CB. Any other permutation would cause more mis-placement so what the fixture man has done is more a case of assisting Cove and Flaggies rather than giving any intended benefit to Marion.

8-}
Thank you DTH for that input I miss your thoughts :X

Always the voice of reason Shoe Boy. You may miss my thoughts but you won't miss playing Brighton in September :D
by Down the Hill
Fri May 26, 2017 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |