Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

This is how the Wiz sees it.

Polec to Crows for B.Martin and McKernan
D.Martin to GWS for Patton (in the Franklin Deal)
Franklin to GWS for D.Marin (3 Way Trade- see above)
D.Thomas to Carlton for Yarran
E.Betts to Adelaide for Porplizia
As far as I'm aware they are all Restricted FA's

Trade Week will be the interesting part!

GWS don't want Martin, they said that yesterday. And Buddy can go their in free agency for nothing.
Why would Carlton trade for Thomas when he can go there for nothing via free agency?
Betts for the Porps?

None of your trades make any reasonable sense. Mckernan wants to go home, thats in Melbourne.
by Smashed Crab
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Imagine the uproar if the Mclaren V Victor game earlier in the year hadn't been overturned due to goal umpire error. If it didn't victor would have made finals and Goolwa would have missed out. Didn't change much for Mclaren though.

Compass to win by 4 goals
Goolwa to cause an upset by 2 goals, Mega Head to have a blinder if he plays
by Smashed Crab
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Drip Challenge

Always wanted to see how I'd go with this. Discipline and not getting greedy is obviously the key, but wheres the fun in that.

Bris V Coll Either W under 39.5 - $10 @ $1.25
NM V Ess Either W under 39.5 - $10 @ $1.25
Rich V Syd Either W under 39.5 - $10 @ $1.30
Multi up the above $10 @ $2.12

If all goes well $40 into a $19.29 profit
by Smashed Crab
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

No disrespect to those comments at all but when does football have to discuss the issue of netball. Why do we have to care about that. Im sure that there are families in the SFL that have daughters that play netball and are at different venues and we never hear a winge about it. Also how many current men playing A Grade Football in the mentioned leagues have partners that play netball at the same time. Im sure their is some but is it really enough to listen to and not change football for the better? I think it is time for the older men that do a great job of governing their leagues become more open minded about football and less about their own back yard.[/quote]

The family orientation is what keeps the GSFL a strong league. That's why some 'recruits' play down there, because they can take their wife and kids to the same club and play on the same day. Why would you change that because several other leagues cannot manage their own backyard?
by Smashed Crab
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association

Hows the new Mt Compass Turf Pitch playing?
Looking at the scores its either crap or are Mt Compass just plain ordinary ?

I think you'll find that the Compass A Grade would be scraping for a finals spot in the B Grade. Besides Bryce Garrard (who's probably 15 years past his best) there is no one that can hold a willow and dig in for consistent scores of 20-30 plus.

The pitch is playing alright, the opposition don't seem to have trouble.
by Smashed Crab
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

My wife and I have been in the process of adopting a child for the last 4 years from Korea. It's a crazy long process, but long story short we finally got our final court date in Seoul last month to get Judge approval to take custody of our 16 month old boy. We had to come home whilst we waited for the court to process it. Meanwhile everything started to escalate over the last 2 weeks. We got our final approval though last week, and booked the first available flight to get here. Just took custody of him today. Now we're waiting for the Aus Embassy to process his Aus emergency passport so we can fly home. Trying to find a flight that gets home is getting thinner and thinner by the day. Already a very stressful process, but this COVID-19 has turned the world into panic stations. Tell you what though, the Korean's have been so bloody good at reducing impact so quickly. Streets, subways, public places etc have so many less people tank 4 weeks ago when we were first here.

When we do find a way home, we have to self isolate for 14 days, but we we're going to be 'cocooning' our boy trying to form a bond asap so not all bad. Might have to call on the SAfooty community to deliver some beer over our back fence :D

PS, the boy is going well so far. Eaten, bathed and in bed. Only woke up after 30 mins with a few tears but settled again in 10 minutes.
by Smashed Crab
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We were called form SA Health 4 days ago. They let us know our flight back on the 17th from Sydney to Adelaide that there was a known positive COVID-19 result on the same flight. Here we were worrying about our trip home from Korea :lol: Not sure if I said it before but Sydney airport was a disgrace in how they were organised, the system has been put in the spotlight a bit more recently with the cruises and recent travelers back into Sydney, shambles.

Anyway, SA Health ran through questions etc, had a good talk to 'Dean' about our situation etc. He was good. Near the end he said, we will follow up with yours and your wife's phone number daily to see if you have any symptoms developing (my wife had a cough and got tested, she returned a negative result a few days ago). We have not heard from them since :shock: So the system still has some floors. I just hope they're putting their focus on the imbeciles around the state.

On a positive, our adopted son (1.5yrs) is bonding well with us and our little girl (2.5yrs). We officially get out of home isolation midnight tomorrow. but there's not much to do, looking forward to taking the kids and dog for a walk to Semaphore beach.
by Smashed Crab
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First day out of Self isolation after overseas travel. Took our boy to the GP to get a referral for a Pediatrician. Very quiet in there, organised. Dropped into Welland shopping centre on way home, wife went into Coles to get some supplies, I stayed in the car people watching with our son. Most people doing the right thing, I don't like to stereotype, but the bogans were the ones hanging in small groups and loitering. Saw the same again in Port Adelaide when we went to Chemist Warehouse. I'm impressed that most people seem to be abiding by the distancing, but its the minority that are just plain stupid and clueless that will let the virus linger on for months longer than it should. The same people that get and extra $550/fortnight for doing sweet F all.

Its awesome to go for a walk outside our 425m2 house block though :D Our boy has come straight from Korea, to the airport and straight home for 2 weeks. He got to see a bit today, was mesmerized by everything.
by Smashed Crab
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First day out of Self isolation after overseas travel. Took our boy to the GP to get a referral for a Pediatrician. Very quiet in there, organised. Dropped into Welland shopping centre on way home, wife went into Coles to get some supplies, I stayed in the car people watching with our son. Most people doing the right thing, I don't like to stereotype, but the bogans were the ones hanging in small groups and loitering. Saw the same again in Port Adelaide when we went to Chemist Warehouse. I'm impressed that most people seem to be abiding by the distancing, but its the minority that are just plain stupid and clueless that will let the virus linger on for months longer than it should. The same people that get and extra $550/fortnight for doing sweet F all.

Its awesome to go for a walk outside our 425m2 house block though :D Our boy has come straight from Korea, to the airport and straight home for 2 weeks. He got to see a bit today, was mesmerized by everything.

Nice work mate.
Keep us posted with updates of your son.

Adoption must be the hardest but most rewarding thing you can ever do.

Thanks mate. It's been a long process. We started nearly 5 years ago, had a 18 month hiatus when we got pregnant, but then got straight back into it when our girl was 12 months old. We feel really lucky at the moment. He's a very happy boy, seems very healthy, good eater, good communication (for 17mths old), sleeps like a bloody log (our girl was a horrible sleeper). Its very rewarding when the two of them are playing & giggling.
by Smashed Crab
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
I brought my pie despite her offering her pastie.
Wonder if it was cornish?

Probably some type of split bean.

I guess she put you off a custard tart.

Smashed crab tart more likely

Nothing wrong with a smashed crab tart :lol:
by Smashed Crab
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

This has the potential to open up a serious can of worms across every league in SA if this is not properly dealt with and parties outside of the league stepping in. If there are leagues who don’t agree with the points system coming in, all you need to do is look at this example and start making up exemptions. It’s not good!

I thought the Community Footy Board have an investigation team that address these issues and make ruling above the Leagues rules.

The SANFL are aware of the situation but yet to intervene. Are they pretending they don’t know anything about it or just as weak as the GSFL Execs?

Or maybe it's been looked into and they've ruled that it's ok. As ballbreaker said someone show some facts and not just salty keyboarders.
by Smashed Crab
Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Really lacking motivation at work. The ho hum day after day grind after 14 years in the same gig is getting to me. I know we all have days we don't want to go into work but at the moment it's almost daily that I get half way here and think about turning around.

New owners haven't inspired me to put in the hard yards for them, if anything, as many of us suspected, we've gone from being known by name by the owners to being known by a number by HR. Reports, corporate wank, all getting in the way of what I actually should be doing, staff cuts, classic corporate take over stuff. Hating it.

Yeah I get you mate. Im 14 years with the same organisation and four years at the current facility I manage. We have achieved a shitload in the four years but are now at a point where it looks like we have reached our ceiling especially given the population we are working with.

I really need that next challenge and the beauty of my job is I have the freedom to try and find it but with Covid and a much tighter budget to work within that is making it somewhat challenging. Similar to what you mentioned as well I have seen my role change significantly in the last couple of years including a lot more menial administration and reporting tasks.

Any scope for a meeting at Pirate Life for us to discuss new ideas for a a business we can all run together profitably, have fun and concur the world? Nah seriously also in the same grind, and also sick of the travel whilst having a couple toddlers. Energy zapping.
by Smashed Crab
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where’s Ol mate Trader

You rang?

You’re our resident mathematician

Fine....

NSW has over 18,700 active cases as of last night.
NSW has less than 40 people in ICU.
Dissecting a subset of the wider community which represents 0.2% of the active cases is statistically flawed.

But manipulating stats to align with our own personal bias is exactly what this thread it built on, so in the interests of continuing to push out the misinformation, lets do it.

When 7.5% of the population (the unvaxxed) represent 78.8% of the ICU patients, you could say they are overrepresented by a factor of 10.5 (ie: 78.8/7.5).

Then again, you could look at it from the other side and say that 21.2% of the ICU cases come from 92.5% of the population (double jabbed), and therefore they are underrepresented by a factor of 0.77 (ie: 1-(21.2/92.5)).

Or you could really twist the stats, like Jo did a couple of pages back:

NSW seems instructive on the vacs.

33 people in the ICU, 26 of them unvaccinated. Given only 6.6% are unvaccinated, but they make up 78.8% of the cases in the ICU it would seem that you're 52 times more likely to end up in the ICU if you are unvaccinated.

70% of the time, I'm right 100% stats are good :lol:
by Smashed Crab
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My little girls first day of Pre-School this morning. She was so excited. I hope she has a great time and makes some good buddys.

I could have put this in the sad thread as I couldn't be there as I'm over on the EP at work :( And also sad how bloody quickly they grow up.
by Smashed Crab
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Selling my investment property down Port Noarlunga South during the week. The first 9 years it went up about 25% value, in the last 18 months its gone up 80% in value :shock: 8) :D

Will help cover the build costs of new house as we get closer to completion and start working on backyard and fence etc. And potentially start thinking about re-training for a less stressful job that doesn't require being away from family for half the year.
by Smashed Crab
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always thought Tommies were the most underrated fish but it seems everyone rates them which is good!
Choice of Tommies or Whiting and I'd choose Tommies every day of the week.
Always a treat when I head up to Fisherman's Bay and have some freshly smoked Tommies.

Yep, totally agree, there's something very speeeecial about fresh Tommies in winter too.

After all this talk I got hungry. Went down to Jimmy Elias & Son just off Port Road. Picked up 10 filleted Tommies (20 fillets). Thought I'd ordered too many as my kids are only 4&5 and wife's not usually a big seafood fan (it tastes fishy :roll: ). Anyways, light flowering and seasoning, whack them on a hot pan with butter for 20 seconds each side to get a little crust. Bam, the kids ate 4 each, wanted more, wife ate 8 wanted more, I wanted more but got left with the dregs. Very nice, $29.99/kg, half the price of Garfish.
by Smashed Crab
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield 2023 - Div II, Div III, Div IV, Div V

Can't take a trick this season (poor Captain choices + injuries).

How many trades do people have left? I've got 11, plan to use 4-6 over next 3 weeks and then hopefully have some luck with injuries for the remainder of year. Tight group in Div IV, top 7 seperated by 1 win and a few %

Fishy Spud
by Smashed Crab
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cruises

Doing a cruise with wife and 5 & 6yr old kids out of Adelaide Dec 16 to New Zealand and back to Adelaide Jan 4. Christmas & New Year's plans sorted, don't have to organise or cook a f!@#$ng thing. No flight hassles with young kids. Magic. Of course we've got the drinks package, coz why wouldn't ya. Looking forward to seeing who else is on board that we'd know. If anyone from here is going sing out.
by Smashed Crab
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |