Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Going through it at the minute, wife is 22 weeks.

Has become impossible to do a weekly food shop. One week addicted to milo, next week cant stand Milo. That week it's all about toasted cheddar and spring onion sandwiches, next week never wants to see spring onion again. The only constant has been her hatred of the smell of any meat cooking in a saucepan or frypan, which severely hampers my cooking options when she's around.

Apart from that, going well. No serious issues for mum or bub, not finding out gender.
by Pag
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Drip Challenge

carey wrote:$41.06 in the kitty

Bet 7

West Coast H2H

$41.06 @ $1.28

F**k the drip challenge :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :supz:
by carey
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Tom Dix Cannot be a zero pointer, read the rules and accept the points system. Compass have breached the points on three occasions so far this season and claimed ignorance or being given permission. Three players have since had there points adjusted up ( with Dix now being appealed ) yet no penalty for any breach. This is on top of appealing for and receiving 2 extra points which they did not qualify for. F.F.S.

Not sure your club can talk about asking for extra points.
First thing your coach did is run to the league and beg for 3 extra points which were granted.
Short memory it appears

The tribunal can only work within the rules set out by the community football board which is what they play under.
So if they have said he’s a zero pointer that’s what he is

There’s also other clubs including Yank and Fleurieu milk myponga that have asked and received compensation points and player points discount. No one was crying then.

I don’t care either way, nothing to do with me but seems to be a lot of winging for a game of country footy
by The eclipse fan
Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Smashed Crab wrote:What are you going to say when Zane Kirkwood comes to play for the Dogs? Long time partner of daughter of old MC President and Life Member, does a Son in Law of a Life Member get granted zero points like a son of Life Member does? Watch this space.......

Turn it up :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed May 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Long story.

After my planned car purchase all fell through a while ago, i wasnt a very happy camper.

However, over the weekend, the daughter and i went to see a car i was interested in, bought it, and drove it home.

Slight catch was the car was in sydney, so the drive home was slightly longer than usual.

Left sydney saturday morning, drove over the bridge, out to bathurst for a slow lap of the mountain, on to hay for the night, then the last leg home through the riverland sunday.

Car didnt miss a beat, had good bonding time with the girl, and didnt hit any wildlife. All wins in my book.

Now to get it through regency park so i can get club reg and start cruising it
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210608/df4b7e97fecdfa95c467b3f43b646f68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
by tipper
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Where’s Ol mate Trader

You rang?

You’re our resident mathematician

Fine....

NSW has over 18,700 active cases as of last night.
NSW has less than 40 people in ICU.
Dissecting a subset of the wider community which represents 0.2% of the active cases is statistically flawed.

But manipulating stats to align with our own personal bias is exactly what this thread it built on, so in the interests of continuing to push out the misinformation, lets do it.

When 7.5% of the population (the unvaxxed) represent 78.8% of the ICU patients, you could say they are overrepresented by a factor of 10.5 (ie: 78.8/7.5).

Then again, you could look at it from the other side and say that 21.2% of the ICU cases come from 92.5% of the population (double jabbed), and therefore they are underrepresented by a factor of 0.77 (ie: 1-(21.2/92.5)).

Or you could really twist the stats, like Jo did a couple of pages back:

NSW seems instructive on the vacs.

33 people in the ICU, 26 of them unvaccinated. Given only 6.6% are unvaccinated, but they make up 78.8% of the cases in the ICU it would seem that you're 52 times more likely to end up in the ICU if you are unvaccinated.
by Trader
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just can't help but laugh at the simpletons who say shit like "oh but they said it stopped 95%" transmission or whatever

Hello morons, viruses mutate, you aren't dealing with the Alpha variant anymore.

The current vaccines were not designed for the Omicron variation, they aren't as effective on Omicron compared to previous strains, WHAT A SURPRISE

not ******* rocket science
by Armchair expert
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't get me wrong, I get it.

Scientists want to be able to solve the problem.
Doctors want to be able to heal people.
Politicians want to be able to tell society they are making the right decisions and get voted back in.

And most of all, Society wants hope there is an end to all of this.

But lets be real. We are spending billions and billions of dollars on PCR / RAT testing and pumping vaccines into arms.
People are isolating.
Small businesses are going under.

Our response to the pandemic is having a huge impact on all of us, not to mention our children.
There was one economist that calculated income tax rates will need to be 2.5% higher for the next 47 years to pay off the debt we have run up during this pandemic.
Sure, some people are happy to pay extra tax, but what happens when instead of extra tax, its a new hospital that's not built, or a road upgrade that doesn't happen, or schools don't get the funding they need, etc.

Our response to the pandemic is having generational impacts.

I think it's fair to be asking questions as to if our response is appropriate and effective.

Sure, make masks a requirement indoors. They don't cost anything and are a minor inconvenience at best.
Sure, make vaccines available for those that want them.
But making them compulsory? I'm not convinced.
by Trader
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |