Search found 44 matches

Return

Re: North Adelaide Senior Coach 2014

Good luck to the man, Ken did a pretty good job with Port with all the internals working for and against him for the best part of the season, it will be interesting to see how he progresses with the Roosters.
by prowling panther
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 B&F

Steve Hamra Medal (League Best & Fairest):

1st - Ryan Ferguson & Chris Schmidt (37 Votes)
3rd - Ben Macreadie (32 Votes)
4th - Jonathon Beech & Brad Mangan (31 Votes)
6th - Travis Tuck (29 Votes)
7th - Joel Tippett, Tyson Slattery, Daniel Webb (23 Votes)
10th - Daniel Caire (22 Votes)
Coach’s Trophy
Joel Tippett
Sam Suckling Shield (Best 1st Year Player)
Brad Mangan
Bill Downs Memorial Trophy (League Most Improved Player)
Sponsored by George Demetriou, Councillor - City of West Torrens
Daniel Webb
Keith Reynolds Memorial Trophy
Sponsored by the Westonians
Tom Keough
President’s Trophy
Sponsored by OAMPS Insurance Brokers
Jaye Sippel
Foxtel Cup - Best & Fairest
Jonathon Beech & Travis Tuck (7 votes)
Foxtel Cup - Best & Fairest, Joint 3rd
Ben Macreadie & Brad Mangan (5 votes)
Bob Lee Memorial Award (Reserves Best & Fairest):
1st - Josh Schiller (23 Votes)
2nd - Brad Eagle & Tom Schott (17 Votes)
4th - Nick Homburg (16 Votes)
5th - Nick Favretto & Ryan Dijksman (15 Votes)
7th - Chris Bonney (12 Votes)
8th - Michael Minuzzo & Dean Poynton (11 Votes)
10th - Simon Dean, Brad Kirk & Peter Nelson (10 Votes)
Reserves Coach's Trophy
Phil Hopton
Reserves Magarey Medalist
Nick Homburg
Jake Watson Memorial Medal (U/18 Best & Fairest):
1st - Jye Dezylva & Harry Vick (22 Votes)
3rd - Jesse Watchman & Ryan Simister (19 Votes)
5th - Thomas Fitzpatrick & Kayne Cornish (17 Votes)
7th - Harrison Westhoff (16 Votes)
8th - Dylan Male & Brett Turner (13 Votes)
10th - Jack Evans (12 Votes)
U/18 Coach's Trophy
Mitchell Millen
U/18 Best Team Man
Tom Fitzpatrick
Knott/Mitchell Memorial Scholarship
Sponsored by the West Adelaide Past Players & Officials Group
Jack Zesers
Corey Siemers Award
Sponsored by the West Adelaide Past Players & Officials Group
Sam Durdin
Herde Family Award (U/18 Most Improved Player)
Kayne Cornish
Best U/18 Player from Roxby Downs
Dylan Male
Best U/18 Player from the Mallee
Rory O'Driscol
Francis Elma Award (Volunteer Encouragement Award)
Robert Manning
Congratulations to the following 2013 Life Members:
Roger Brine
Jack Smith

"All played well". Bloody unlucky if you went home empty handed!!
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Brodlach wrote:I like the way you can see the subforums on the front page

I do too, people who mainly use those must love getting in with a single click from the front index page.

The more I use this new site the more I love it and could never go back to the old one.
Great work Diss!
by Wedgie
Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

cennals05 wrote:You are a nothing club now.

Or you're not a club now.

(with apologies to Maggies supporters who aren't Beenreal or complete tools. Spot the deliberate tautology. )
by topsywaldron
Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Thiele wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Apparently West Adelaide members have recieved an email advising that Justin Hardy is officially signed...

not me

Mine has got lost some How to

Lost - One members email.

Reward - No questions asked upon return of aforementioned email.
by Booney
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rocket Rooster in Hot Water

Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
by Panther Pack
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - North v South Post Game

A new coach..a new game plan..a team committed to both.
A South Adelaide team that has resolve- challenged in the third quarter by North the South of yesteryear would have folded like a pack of cards- not this team. The team is fitter clearly ..than previous years, theres been a lot of work done on that and the skill level in the off season.
The pleasing part for me is that our second tier players have taken up the challenge to improve. Players like Brooksby, Veide,Redigolo, and Eddy who were like many others..Lost under the previous regime, are turning into very solid sanfl players.
Bring on the Bays next week. 8)
by blueandwhite
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There is so much done to equalise sporting competitions throughout the world (drug testing, salary cap, drafts, handicaps) and what has happened to the SANFL is going the polar opposite to this. No matter which way you look at it, the introduction of two AFL Reserves teams is not fair.

There are positives and negatives and those who see a fair, even competition, as the number one consideration are rightly bemused by what has happened.

From an AFL viewpoint, the consideration of an even, fair competition is outweighed by the need for developing players and for them, currently at least, the best option is to do this in their own backyard both in terms of value for money and strength of competition. They will tell themselves that there is increased exposure to the SANFL. Dittmar said it's been great, then when asked if he'd been to an SANFL game this season, said "no, but have enjoyed watching some games on tv, especially the Clare game".

I am not convinced that the increased exposure to the SANFL via commercial TV is even close to benefiting my club enough to outweigh the negatives that come with the new format. There is no more coverage of my SANFL club than there was before. In fact, I would say there is less. I guess we'd have to wait to see the finances from this years Annual Reports to really know.

There are other ways, including having a weekly SANFL game at Adelaide Oval, that would give the competition prestige and generate interest. The use of social media and the web is more important than paying $1,000,000 to have the game shown on Ch7 - which is essentially the only benefit the AFL clubs have bought (via sponsorship) to the competition.

The Eagles vs Sturt game at Unley Oval, with a crowd of 4000, which was directly up against both Crows and Power games on the same day told me that there is enough interest in the SANFL for it to be viable without the "assistance" of AFL clubs.

What is desperately needed is the SANFL administration to apply the spirit in which 5RPH and LifeFM have to the competition to generate interest and use the capital they should have to make it high quality for the current HD generation.

I think the SANFL would be best to cut ties with Port and the Crows at the end of the season. If Port Magpies win the SANFL premiership this year, it will be an absolute disgrace.

There are other ways to keep relevance for a younger generation of footballers and an alignment between the AFL and SANFL and that is to supply Port and Crows with top up players via Under 20's to use in whatever competition they could go to (preferably AFL Reserves or at least VFL). I believe this could apply nationally with alignment of elite Under 18 sides to all AFL and State League clubs, but that is another matter. Keep Junior Football, Development/Reserves Football and State League Football - which can all still be feeders to the AFL - separate.

For now, I reckon the SANFL bite the bullet and go it alone. The mainstream media, who all seem to be official ambassadors for the Crows (http://www.afc.com.au/the-club/information/ambassadors), will give the SANFL hell, but I'm not convinced it is the mainstream media who will ensure the SANFL survives and prospers anyway.

The SANFL will never be the number one show in town, but it has a niche, and I'd love to see the SANFL and its clubs make every post a winner NOW, while there is still strong enough links to SANFL clubs for the majority of families in South Australia.
by Aerie
Tue May 13, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Umpires love affair with the Eagles continued. A good hard game destroyed by blatant cheating. Eagles are hard enough to beat without that crap
by Jim05
Fri May 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a piss take thread, it's supposed to go around in circles. 8)
by dedja
Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I mean seriously, how dare the media cater for the majority of South Australian Football fans who happen to support Adelaide or Port Adelaide, what a crazy idea that is!

Any chance the "majority of SA Football fans" could turn up to support their team? That's what they all wanted remember?

While I expected things to pan out the way they have, if these glorified trial games were at least giving the SANFL good 4k average crowds (as promised) with good atmosphere, providing non SANFL people a good day out and reasons to return as well as making $ to the established clubs, then I could be turned to support, in a small way, the new era of SANFL.

However this has not happened, the product is worse, the crowds are worse, the clubs cannot be financially better off (reporting time at the end of the year will be very interesting) and the league has lost a lot of core fans who have now found something else to do on the weekends.

The clubs/administrators thought they spent some time on this in 2013, I imagine this years off season will be worse, trying to unravel the mistakes, if it is retrievable.
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Motlop, Schulz and now this bloke. North not exactly sitting on there arses doing SFA. Jimmy wanted too much and probably past his best. Chad gave his all last year and was good value, but struggled this season. His leaving, although the club not happy about it, at least allowed us the opportunity to pick up a 22 year old with talent.
by Old. Fart
Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Well said Mickan and West Adelaide! More proof that the sook threads on here represent a parallel universe.

Obviously we are in the minority - but put yourself in the shoes of a supporter who sees their SANFL team the same way an AFL supporter sees their AFL team.

Now imagine that next season the AFL are bringing in two new teams to "lift the standard of the competition and create more interest".

One team will be known as Victoria and wear the traditional Big V - playing out of the MCG. What a great history they have.

The other team will be known as the Allies and will only play away games. They are the team for all Australians.

These two teams get to pick 24 players each, alternatively in a draft so it is fair for both of them, from any of the AFL teams at the end of season 2014, in preparation for 2015.

Obviously there will be injuries, so they will need some top up players.

The Big V will choose their 15 players, but will only be able to pay them $5,000 per game. Except for one player over 28 who they can pay as much as they like.

The Allies will get given the worst rookies in the land from AFL clubs to do with as they please. They will also only be able to be paid $5,000 per game, except for one player over 28 who they can pay as much as they like.

Would AFL supporters have a problem with that?

Now going back to being an SANFL supporter who sees their SANFL team the same way an AFL supporter sees their AFL team. We have been able to put up with plenty of changes to the competition over the last 24 years - including a drop in general public interest and coverage. We have seen AFL listed players play most of the season for our team and then pull out of finals because the "season is too long" - whether they were original home grown or otherwise. We have seen our best players get drafted to the AFL at the end of a season, never to see them again. All of that was accepted as we knew the SANFL had a place and could not compete with the attraction of the AFL.

The changes in 2014 to the SANFL are the straw that has broken the camels back.

I want to watch my Eagles every weekend because it is something I have done since my Dad took me to games in a pusher. However, I don't want to watch an unfair competition. The SANFL is clearly an unfair competition. If that is the way they want to go, for the "good of football" overall, then expect friends and family in the crowd but don't expect supporters who are there because they have that connection that a person has with their sporting team, because that connection will be cut off knowing what they are watching isn't true or genuine.

Unless the Crows or Power Reserves have added an enormous amount to the bottom line of SANFL clubs and the SANFL through them competing, business wise, the SANFL needs to cut them immediately if they want to be an entity. Otherwise the whole competition is purely a pathway at the expense of about 40 fringe AFL players and their two AFL clubs. There are still ways the SANFL can be a pathway and still be a genuine, successful competition.

That is why those players were abused, Taylor Walker. It was nothing personal. When people can see and feel something that they hold dear to them being taken away unjustly they will react in different ways. It might not be right, but you can understand. The administration of the SANFL and its clubs need to smarten up quick smart, because once it is completely broken, it is completely broken. That could well be Grand Final Day this season and it may already be too late.
by Aerie
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

Ill sing that song proudly.

I also wont have anybody call me fickle.

I didnt call you fickle. The fickle ones are the ones that weren't turning up to AAMI.

When there were 15,000 at games, where were the 35,000 that are suddenly die hard supporters.

I have no problem with Port or what they're doing on field. I've actually barracked for them most games this year.
by HH3
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - Port v North @ Alberton Oval (Sat 12/7)

redden whites wrote:thank heavens i was there. what a day.

Well done gor turning up. Goes to show that
A)on the day anything can happen
B) North are not that bad
C) Port are not indestructible
D) Fans should always show up and hope
by SANFLnut
Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

What percentage of cats and dogs should we expect to Eagles matches then?
by dedja
Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the fact that some Magpies/Power supporters wear the Magpies scarf and others the Power scarf to PAM games.
If you're going to pretend nothings changed and the Magpies still exist at least show some respect and leave the Power scarves etc at home and bring your Magpies gear.
You're either Arthur or Martha but you can't be both.
by amber_fluid
Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 16 - Admission prices

prowling panther wrote:Of course this will only work with those who have no season tickets.

Or we all could help by not using our season or home match tickets for 1 week, pay the $10 at the gate and really push the message that $14 is way over the top.

I will collect $10 of you on Saturday and hand it in for you.
by DOC
Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 16 - Admission prices

Of course this will only work with those who have no season tickets.

Or we all could help by not using our season or home match tickets for 1 week, pay the $10 at the gate and really push the message that $14 is way over the top.

I will collect $10 of you on Saturday and hand it in for you.

That seems like a fair deal to me, I will meet you in front of the Grandstand.
by prowling panther
Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 North v Eagles @ Prospect Oval

Article about 25 year old debutant from North Adelaide curtesy of our sporting life SA.

The top story to come out of SANFL round 17 is the debut of Yatala Labour Prison correctional officer, 25-year-old super boot Darren Shillabeer with North Adelaide. After spending the majority of this year in the reserves Shillabeer made a stunning first up senior appearance in the Saturday game at Prospect Oval against the Eagles. The 195 cm, 98 kg key position player had 17 possessions, including 15 kicks and took a match-high 13 marks.
As the Roosters charged home after the main break, kicking 11 goals to four to defeat the Eagles by 38 points, Shillabeer kicked three goals in the second half and finished with 3.3 in his initial match. “Darren had been in consistent form in the reserves, developing his game under our coaching staff,” Roosters Football Manager Darryl Wintle said. “It was a pretty complete performance first up. “His last goal was kicked from 65 metre out after the final siren kicking towards the northern end of Prospect Oval. “He is a booming kick and that ball traveled through the post half way up.”
From Central Augusta, he is the nephew of Norwood half forward/rover David Shillabeer, who played 35 league games with the Redlegs in the Robert Oatey era between 1966 and 1970. Darren played four years of junior football in the SANFL - two at Under 17 level with the Roosters - and one each with North and Norwood in the Under 19’s. Shillabeer has enjoyed three A-grade flags in the Spencer Gulf competition, one under Gary Kernahan (Stephen Kernahan’s older sibling) as a 17-year-old in 2006 and two with the Central Bloods under former West/Port Adelaide strong man Ray Hayes in 2010 and 2011. He felt this was his last opportunity to have a crack at SANFL footy. “Craig Brooks (North reserves coach) has used me as a bit of a swing man,” Shillabeer confirmed. “I started at centre half back and then went forward. “I’m keen to have another big pre-season and play consistent league football next year. “A couple of the points were from mongrel kicks in the last term, before that last one.”
Footnote - Shillabeer explained that his previous shot was a 'mongrel' and after receiving a pass from Nick Amato late in the game he suggested to the boys he'd have a shot. The rumours that he can kick a ball over a wheat silo like Billy Brownless are unconfirmed!

http://www.oursportinglifesa.com.au/
by Special One
Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure what is more overwhelming, your arrogance or your illiteracy? :?
by LPH
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Big Phil wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Is there a recently delisted AFL player who could be returning home to SA but may not play for his oringal SANFL club?

Tapscott?

I think so, yes.

Well say it in your first post then. Just trying to rack up post numbers?
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

Anyone heard any whispers what the round 1 draw might look like?

There'll be 5 teams home, 5 teams away.

Then, the week after, they'll swap who they play.

Then, they'll all play each other a couple of times.

It will be strikingly similar to last year. Hence for the life of me I can't work out what the ******* fuss is all about?
by Booney
Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

Anyone else going to be in the lane way behind the Advertiser building with me tonight?
by Booney
Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Watching the Recovery Session for round 2 and the comments from Giniver summed up what a farce the comp now is and the attitude towards it when he said of the the South v Port result. "Last year Port won 9 on the trot before finishing 12 and 6". He was of course referring to the comment about Port's Reserve side being loaded with AFL listed players and dominating South, and excused it by trying to suggest it was evened out at the back end of the season when the Reserve side was weakened due to the AFL side's injury list.

That situation just makes the comp a lottery. So next time, if South are lucky enough to play Port Reserves when their AFL side are having a bad time with injuries, and they beat a team of "top up's" then everything is hunky dory.
But that all depends on Port's AFL side's injury list and when you happen to play them. Could be an easy 4 points or could be 2 beltings and a knock to your percentage points.

I guess Ginever's attitude towards the situation of Port Reserves AFL listed players determining their win : loss ratio and the effect that has on SANFL standings come season's end, is probably a reflection of the powers (no pun intended) that be at the SANFL and AFL. Dismissive and irreverent, which is probably how they now see our comp as a whole.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Glenelg v West @ Glenelg 2.10

In a game or a season

Woah.....steady on there. The Cocks are only game ahead of The Bays ;)
by baysman
Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide @ M T Hyunda Oval (Sat 20/6)

Ramrod wrote:Surely it's not trolling if everything i have said is correct? They are a very precious club down there. Cant wait until they play at the parade, hopefully these supporters hang around for a beer.

they can't, their carers won't let them.
by CENTURION
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chad Cornes to Coach Port Magpies

Having grown up watching his father play in it, having played in it himself, having had his brother play in it, yeah, I'd say he's across the SANFL and how important it is to football in South Australia. Now you've a better understanding, it might not be as funny for you? :D

If he understands the SANFL so well then why has he traded his families history in just to align with an AFL reserves side?, that's a stupid comment. What you mean is "he has the same level of contempt for the competition as most that are aligned with AFL clubs, it's basically a convenient stepping stone to be used to further my own desires"

Please explain further.

Captain Port Adelaide to the rescue!
When it's the Power that needs defending, when bombs are being thrown, when misguided commentary is presented, you can count on Captain Port Adelaide being there to save the day.
Browsing the internet from his Alberton base, Captain Port Adelaide is there at every moment of the day. From the celebratory moments, to the most trifling insults, he's there to save the day.
Who ya gonna call? Captain Port Adelaide! Dial +63 2582 119
by Dogwatcher
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done Westies. Hope all supporters on here soak it up and enjoy!

After throwing away an opportunity in 1985, plus losing the GF in 1991, 2003 and 2012......this one is very VERY sweet believe me :D

1985.....while we had a very good side its debatable that we could have beaten Glenelg or North Adelaide.

1991.....we were in great form leading up to the game but when the fighting broke out, North Adelaide were the only ones still playing football and thus won the game (I was there).

2003.....I think we did well to reach the GF but even at our best that year I doubt we could have beaten Centrals then.

2012.....same as 2003. We were good, Norwood were better (again, I was there).

Yesterday was the first GF that Westies have been in during my lifetime that despite the Eagles record this year (only 2 losses), I felt confident that we were going to win. Damn it was good to watch (from the hill in front of the video screen ;) )
by HoldenV8
Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Think this is a West v Eagles 2015 Post. Not some rant about the Past. Go Bloods. 2015 Premiers. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Just another way of big noting himself. Kind of like putting a reserved sign on a future "I was first" claim. But I guess some people have so little that validation from anonymous people on a forum is an achievement.
by Grahaml
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

LOSE

be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
"I've lost my appetite"
synonyms: be deprived of, suffer the loss of, no longer have, stop having
"he's lost a lot of blood but his life is not in danger"
LOOSE

not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
"a loose tooth"
synonyms: not fixed in place, not secure, insecure, unsecured, unattached; More
(of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely.
"she slipped into a loose T-shirt"
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Woodville

There was definitely something between Campbell and Skipworth in a game at Woody Oval a few weeks before, in a game that had a bit of spite in general. Campbell lined up in defence on Skipworth (thought he played mainly in attack that year?), who got a free and maybe goal before the ball was bounced and a couple others before quarter time when we'd blown out the game. A couple of times the TV footage only picks up Skipworth being uncharacteristically agitated at Campbell, but doesn't actually capture any incidents.
What Skipworth did a few weeks later was ordinary, all I'm saying is there was some previous animosity between the two.

To somehow try to explain or qualify Skipworth's actions that day just makes you sound like an apologist. It was worse than ordinary it was disgusting. No matter what circumstances there might have been or what actions Campbell took beforehand, a bloke has the right to expect his opponent won't take the weak way out and try to injure him when he's in a prone position having gotten there by just playing the game as it's meant to be played.
by Grahaml
Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 scores & chit chat.

Eagles had a win?
by am Bays
Sat May 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Irra speaks, with a smile a mile wide, of his rookie listing at Port Adelaide.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2016-11-28/emmanuel-irra-speaks-post-rookie-draft-ptv

As you mentioned earlier Booney, "Cat B is used to draft players into the AFL system from "non traditional backgrounds". From what I understand Irra has been drafted in via an SANFL club, and prior to that a South Australian Private School. Not sure how much more traditional that could be!

Yeah - I get it he is originally from Uganda - but unless you bring a player in without Aussie Rules playing experience, I don't think a Cat B should be able to be used.
by Hazydog
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAWFL - Dogs & Panthers shafted

dogbreath wrote:Not that I give a rats toss bag about Central missing out.

But you thought you'd start a thread to moan about it anyway? Righto.
by Booney
Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Spargo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Glenelg must have sound issues the guy on the mic was just garbled Crap

As opposed to posting it...

by Pseudo
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Mickyj wrote:Glenelg must have sound issues the guy on the mic was just garbled Crap

As opposed to posting it...
by Spargo
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

daysofourlives wrote:
DOC wrote:South about to sign two from the Eagles. Talk is at least 6 others looking for another club.

All eagles, following Allmonds lead after the signing of the Port players on massive $$

I won’t beleive it until the Eagles release an email...
by Spargo
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 5 Eagles v North

The game on Sunday was the best we had seen this year. A great advertisement for SANFL football, especially the second half, very attacking and some very good skills from both sides. North's tackling was excellent and their recruits, some of whom we know very well, were very damaging. The chorus of song from their tuneful fans as their players left the ground was really loud as it echoed off the old stand. The players loved it, lot of emotion there!
by Brendan M
Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Dear Diary

I feel dirty and confused.

A great bloke is playing for North, Lewie Hender. Ripping lad. As a Bays fans I am finding myself supporting North in a finals series and hoping they win.

This isn't normal and this goes against all I hold near and dear to me.

Why are North recruiting good blokes like Lewie instead of d!ckheads like Antrobus, Hart and Jarman??

Please help

Cheers

Conflicted
by am Bays
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

It doesn't really matter if he was off or on. How do we know the Eagles wouldn't have scored a goal if there wasn't a 19th man on the field? There are so many things that we don't know, including who deserved to play in the GF.

And what I have written above came from someone at the tribunal, from the evidence that was given. It was also repeated on radio this morning by some official. Can't remember who it was.

It was Slaven, no one can believe a word he says.

I still dont know what the fuss is about
A count wasnt called for, play on.
It should never have gone any further than a polite enquiry from the Eagles who shouldve been shut down immediately by the SANFL. There is absolutely no difference between this and say a goal being called a point or vice versa. Once the decision is made thats it end of story
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Why Eagles players were out of order with their social media rants
Warren Partland, The Advertiser 31/10/18

WHO hasn’t picked up the phone in an emotional moment and typed a few words to vent? There is that desperate need to unleash a thought.

Often it is followed by regret, even despite the feeling of justification in the opinion.

Woodville-West Torrens was one very angry football club after the preliminary final loss to North Adelaide. No doubt frustration was on offer at Woodville Oval in bucket loads.

But to vent the way some players did on social media in the hours immediately after the 19th-man drama, probably after a couple of quiet ales, was totally out of order.

Calling the Roosters cheats and claiming rigged umpiring is just not on and the players were justifiably punished by the SANFL.

In fact, they are probably lucky to escape with suspensions and suspended fines. At least one of the comments, later removed, could have had legal ramifications.

If the SANFL wants to be serious it had to punish the players. There are rules against such behaviour.

The Eagles feel they were robbed and they are allowed to think that, rightly or wrongly.

However, rather than direct their anger at the Roosters and SANFL, maybe they should have put social media to one side and ask why they lost two finals and let slip a 47-point lead in the preliminary.

Sometimes, no matter what you think, it is best to bite your tongue — and put the phone away.
by Wedgie
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |