Search found 477 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I have a couple of things that give me the shits.

1. People who whinge (especially on social media) about how they're having problems and hard times, yet do nothing to try to better their situation.

2. My sister is taking advantage of my mum at the moment. My sister and her on again-off again-rinse & repeat husband keep busting up, so my sister and her three kids are living with my mum in her three bedroom house. My sister seemingly uses this to her advantage, and constantly goes out with her friends all night, leaving my mum, who works night shifts Mon-Fri mornings, to babysit the kids.

My mum knows my sister is taking her for a ride, yet she does nothing about it. Her rationale is that my sister needs to 'get her mind off things'. Shouldn't my sister be focusing on her three kids? It's not like she has a job...

I brought this subject up with my mum a few days ago, and was basically told to can it. I just don't want my mum to put up with it, yet she seems to suffer in silence.
by Failed Creation
Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Who the hell is this Caitlin chick anyway ? I've actually never heard of her.

Does this mean all she'll ever be known for is having a crack at Bindi.

In summary, she was on Neighbours years ago, and has really done **** all since. She recently decided to go topless on Instagram or Twitter as part of a protest against censorship or something (who actually knows?).

I've never liked Bindi until know. As a kid, her whole schtick looks really contrived, despite all the good things her family was doing for wildlife.

Top marks for coming out and saying that kids should act and dress like kids. There's not enough of that these days.
by Failed Creation
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

Back to my sis in laws partner....

Watching 60 minutes a while ago... It was about gay marriage... A quick reminder, sis in law and her are getting "married"

Idiot said : I don't care if they legalise it..
Me : Then why are you having a wedding...
Idiot : *silence....

spaz

Are you any good at writing scripts? It sounds like you could make a sitcom about this muppet...
by Failed Creation
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

I almost pity the poor bastard...

by Failed Creation
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

I had a bit of a chuckle at this...

by Failed Creation
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:how about the visual arts performing on hindley st

sounds like it could be a SA FOOTY booze up

Did someone say 'booze up'? Count me in.
by Failed Creation
Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If only all cooking shows were like this...

by Failed Creation
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/105/audi-stadium-club.aspx

**** me, that looks awesome.
by Failed Creation
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Booney wrote:Exciting times ahead lads. All the best for both of you and your significant others.

Ditto, and you should all know where to go if you want to wet the baby's head too.
by Failed Creation
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
Booney wrote:See you Sunday?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

I'll be there mate, unless I have a turn...

:lol:

I wonder if our 'groupies' will show up...
by Failed Creation
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate finally getting to 5000 posts.

It only took me 641 days, or 1 year, 9 months and 3 days.

Some day I'll surprise you all with a decent post...
by Failed Creation
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

RustyCage wrote:Hopefully a better set list than last time they played

What didn't you like about it?
by Failed Creation
Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

Gozu wrote:Faith No More rumoured as headliners for 2015 Soundwave

I can't like this enough, if it happens.
by Failed Creation
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Selfies

Why? Why would you want to take a photo of yourself like that it's just mental

Selfies are one of my all-time pet hates. I think it's a vanity/attention seeking/cry for help kind of deal.
by Failed Creation
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best restaurant in Adelaide

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
The Cadet wrote:Have only lived here for 2 months, wife has some friends coming over and she's looking to show Adelaide off to them. Fancy place to eat in city and hotel to stay in, any ideas. Cheers

Krispy Kremes

Hahahaha!

It must be if you have to line up for hours to get in... :oops: :roll:
by Failed Creation
Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best restaurant in Adelaide

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
Gozu wrote:Fine dining with sophisticated clientele? The Pancake Kitchen. at 4am on a Sunday

edited to make it better! ;)

Stockman's Brekky, all the way!

I am a German Feast man.

I always buy a Stockman's Brekky with a kransky. I'm not too fussed whether I eat pancakes or not. :lol:
by Failed Creation
Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:wowee, it sounds like we need a Krispy Kremes Anger Issue counselling service!! lol

True, and a counselling service for those that think Krappy Kreme is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
by Failed Creation
Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:I have an email exchange going. On my phone, but will copy/paste when I get home.

I like where this is going...
by Failed Creation
Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

LOL, It was just a misunderstanding ... mate, just admit you cocked up.

A COMMONWEALTH Games weightlifter from Papua New Guinea has been committed to stand trial over an alleged sexual assault on another man, Robert Craddock writes.

Toua Udia, 22, is alleged to have touched the man in a Tesco toilets less than a kilometre from the athletes village.

He was arrested and charged last Tuesday and has pleased not guilty, claiming it was “a misunderstanding”.

Udia was released on bail after surrendering his passport and was given permission to attend the opening ceremony.

He competed in the 77kg weightlifting category on Sunday, finishing ninth.

Was he competing in the Clean & Jerk?
by Failed Creation
Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate going on (another) road trip to Melbourne, departing at 4:30am tomorrow morning.
by Failed Creation
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Johno6 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I rate going on (another) road trip to Melbourne, departing at 4:30am tomorrow morning.

is this to watch port play?

Yeah mate.
by Failed Creation
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Speaking of baby's and please be honest does anyone have an issue with baby's at the football?

On the weekend this women (although that's subject to proof) in the Collingwood crowd carried on cause we had our 3+1/2 week daughter there saying it was no place for a baby.

Well she's still breast feeding, she had a single on then a size 00 jump suit on with a size 1 rabbit suit over the top of that with a hood on and over the hood ear muffs with 2 Blankets. She slept the whole time and didn't make a noise after a heap of beers if I heard her say it well it would've ended a lot different hence my mrs not telling me till the next day.

For the record my daughter has now been to 3 games nearly averaging one a week for her life time lol ;)

Port v Melb, Cats v Roos and Port v Collingwood

Does anyone think the Neanderthal is right? I dont see an issue with it but I may be wrong wouldn't be the first time defiantly won't be the last.

I think the only people qualified to make that call are the parents. If you and the missus think your little one will cope at the footy, then you shouldn't feel bad about bringing her. **** anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.

By the way, it was nice meeting little Phoebe at the game yesterday. The three of you look really happy.
by Failed Creation
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division VI 2014

My inaugural season is over. Well done to Sturt B Team for knocking me out.

I can say without a doubt that I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride, and I am already counting down the days until season 2015 gets under way.

Thanks to all involved, and for those still in the hunt for glory, good luck!
by Failed Creation
Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate my wife.

I'm not usually one for sharing my sob stories, but here goes.

Recently, my depression has started to get the better of me and this, combined with strong back pain, is causing me to have daily anxiety attacks.

Most people would tell me to just get over it.

Not her.

Today, she showed the patience of a saint, She woke up, helped me get my breathing on track, rubbed my back and shoulders, and talked me through it. She then suggested I return to see my counselor, and I agreed.

For me, my depression and anxiety are manageable 95% of the time. It's times like this that I appreciate my wife even more.
by Failed Creation
Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate my wife.

I'm not usually one for sharing my sob stories, but here goes.

Recently, my depression has started to get the better of me and this, combined with strong back pain, is causing me to have daily anxiety attacks.

Most people would tell me to just get over it.

Not her.

Today, she showed the patience of a saint, She woke up, helped me get my breathing on track, rubbed my back and shoulders, and talked me through it. She then suggested I return to see my counselor, and I agreed.

For me, my depression and anxiety are manageable 95% of the time. It's times like this that I appreciate my wife even more.

Hey Dude.

Hang in there.

Sometimes we are dickheads on here.

But we reach out to each other.

Keep talking to us.

PM me anytime.

Thanks mate.

You're absolutely right. I'm amazed at how many awesome folks are around this site, some I've actually met in person.

I'm glad I signed up.

I am going to beat the **** out of this bastard. It might not be this time, the next time, or the time after that, but it will happen.

I really appreciate all the thoughts and well wishes. It really does make a bloke feel valued.
by Failed Creation
Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're absolutely right. I'm amazed at how many awesome folks are around this site , some I've actually met in person.
8) yeah that's not me :D

In all seriousness though, good luck mate, as someone whose dealt with the same for most my adult life, it's a real prick of a thing but I've always felt it comes in waves and tomorrow may not be as bad as today. You're very fortunate to have a loving and supporting partner who can help you through the bad times.

It's sad but I think mental health is becoming more of a problem these days for people, I put it down to the pressures placed on us through either work, family, the government (taxes, interest rates etc) or even placed on by ourselves (high standards/expectations)

Cheers lads.

PG, I know what you mean. I've lived with this now for about 20 years, and it does come in waves. I know I might never be completely rid of depression and anxiety, but I'm working on getting it back to the stage where I can function like a normal person.

I feel there's still a huge stigma attached to the mental illness as a whole, despite celebrities and famous athletes being affected. I don't know about you, PG, but most people wouldn't have the slightest idea about my condition. Is it because (as blokes), we find ourselves being judged by our family, friends and peers as being lesser people for it?

There have been countless times over the past two decades where people have dismissed, ignored, or ridiculed me for having issues, so I'm now at the stage where I'm no longer ashamed about having depression and anxiety. I'm used to it, and although at times I don't deal with it as well as I should, I'm not ready to throw in the towel today. However, there have been times where I've wanted or tried...

Although it's not the cause of it (but it definitely contributes to it), my job is not making my life easier. When I started my job four months ago, I thought it was going to be a huge opportunity for me to expand myself. Instead, I'm getting **** all hours, and I've had terrible back pains for the last two months. However, I can't afford to quit my job. It's quite the catch-22.

I have thought about getting into a couple of short TAFE courses next year, once I can afford to buy myself a camera, in the hope that I can either do it more as a hobby, or make something out of it.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I have a hard time explaining myself most of the time.

I really do appreciate everyone's concern for me, it honestly means a lot.

Cheers, ladies and gents.
by Failed Creation
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problems

Q. wrote:Shame about the Tooheys and rugby though.

I don't mind a Tooheys New, to be honest with you...
by Failed Creation
Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:I love google ...

****, she's gorgeous... =P~ :-BD
by Failed Creation
Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Faith No More to release first album in 18 years this Ap

Influential alterna-metal iconoclasts Faith No More are set to release their seventh album — their first in 18 years — in April of 2015, bassist Bill Gould tells Rolling Stone. The record will be a totally independent product — produced by Gould, recorded in their Oakland rehearsal space and released on their own imprint, Reclamation Records (which will be distributed by frontman Mike Patton's long-running label, Ipecac Recordings).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/faith-no-more-to-release-first-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

WMB0c64ZR84

I found out at 5am this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep.

This is undoubtedly the best thing that's happened this year.
by Failed Creation
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Before sliced white bread.. What was the best thing!?!

Bread?
by Failed Creation
Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Hearing Princess Kate is pregnant again, 9 months of constant pictures and news story's coming up

Spot on. I dont care unless I got to watch them!

Kate and Mary?

If so, count me in!
by Failed Creation
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

True, but mainly because I believe Hawkins is a flog.

TNP misses the days when full-forwards kicked over 100 goals a year.
by Failed Creation
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True, but I'm always tired.

TNP is also hungry.
by Failed Creation
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Today is Tit Monday. Surely.

Surely. There is no false dawn here.
by Failed Creation
Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True, so I can watch it all before bedtime.

TNP is still hungry.
by Failed Creation
Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

False. I've already seen them, and posted them on Facebook. Genius stuff.

TNP thinks The Dark Knight seems like a bit of a dude.
by Failed Creation
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Veruca Salt was amazing tonight!
by Failed Creation
Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

False. I took a mean one an hour ago.

TNP uses his phone on the throne.
by Failed Creation
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |