Search found 477 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Q. wrote:
whufc wrote:People who don't think Tim Cahill is the perfect specimen of human being

He is a manlet, which really dents his rating.

What's a manlet?
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

where can i buy brioche buns for making pulled pork sliders?

This isn't a sarcastic reply, but maybe it would be awesome to find a recipe online, and make them yourself?

That would be awesome.
This IS a sarcastic reply - maybe FC, you could try an fit the word "awesome" into more of your posts.
THAT would be awesome... ;)

****, I do use "awesome" a lot... I also say "dude" a fair bit.

Cheers, Spargo. You're an awesome dude.
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to know a couple of things that just happened to me.
1. Is it OK to answer your phone while taking a dump.
2. Is it lazy to have my 4 pack of Jacks (Double Jack actually) in my little 4 pack cooler sitting by my side while on the computer so I don't have to keep getting up & going to the grog fridge. I like to think of it as energy efficient.

Yes for both.

For the former, hold back on the grunting a little, and you'll be fine.

I always wanted a bar fridge and hot plate in my bedroom as a teenager... I still do, in fact. That would be awesome.
by Failed Creation
Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

White Line Fever wrote:Divorce.

Sorry to hear that, dude.
by Failed Creation
Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

getting a fantasy/ general sports writing gig!

Congratulations!

Thanks FC. I'll post a link once things start taking shape and I have my first article published!

Please, call me FC2 :lol: , especially when the original FC is around.

For whom are you now writing? If you don't want to give it away, feel free to PM me.
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Dude wrote:getting a fantasy/ general sports writing gig!

Congratulations!
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also rate the potential Grand Final road trip with @valleys07, @Booney, Mrs. Creation, and hopefully @carey.
by Failed Creation
Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:The new Tapatalk update.

Fox Sports dedicated Cricket World Cup channel, just been watching the 1999 Final, great memories.

I've recorded them all. ****, I love the flashbacks.
by Failed Creation
Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Andrew Bell

Had to laugh at an interview on ch24 just now with an Andrew Bell.

The interview was about Australia being in this years Eurovision

the interviewer - Joe O'Brien expected his guest Andrew Bell to be supportive of the decision but he was completely against it and I agree!
:lol:

Since when was Australia part of Europe? :lol:

That says it all, doesn't it?
by Failed Creation
Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your last meal

stampy wrote:samantha armytage

I'd certainly butter her crumpet... ;)
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Some port supporters carrying on about how collingwood are copying their pre match entertainment...

ummmm pretty sure ports pre match stuff wasn't an original either :lol:

Agreed.

http://titusoreily.com/what-the-hell-is-a-match-day-experience/
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC flash backs

RustyCage wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424338191.356053.jpg

I always loved Paul Northeast. Some would say we shared the same kicking style...
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Used the Entertainment book voucher at The Lighthouse at the Port Saturday night.

The breeze had picked up at about 7:30-8pm, we sat outside on a perfect sumemrs night and enjoyed a really good meal. Mind, you, the 4 of us ( me, Mrs Boon and another couple ) were the only people eating when our meals came out!

A group of 6 inside had finished and were about to leave, there were two bar flies in the front bar who left at around 8, so the cook had plenty of time on his hands to prepare the meals. All were good quality pub food.

I went fish and chips ( crumbed ), was very nice, the Mrs a Chicken Burger, again, loved it while my mate had the S&P squid for the second time in a month there and his Mrs the Chowder ( say it, Frenchy! ) that was served in a hollowed out bread roll, like we've all seen at a party where someone's Mrs will make one of those cheese dip thingys. The chowder was really, really tasty.

The Lighthouses own ginger beer is something to behold on a hot summers night, it was a perfect addition to a feed of fish and chips on a summers night with the breeze cooling things down.

With hardly anyone to serve the staff came out to enjoy the cool breeze, the manager sat and chatted for a bit, nice lady indeed.

All in all, I'd give it 8/10. Despite the lack of patronage the place offered some good quality tucker and pretty good prices. ( The fish and chips with 2 pieces of fish, salad and veggie bar was $17.90. A pint of the ginger beer was $7 )

QDZRjgWgnNM
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:is dave hughes the least funny comedian going around?

Closely followed by Hamish & Andy...

Hamish and Andy are not comedians

Spot on. Comedians are supposed to be funny...
by Failed Creation
Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:That fat faced F@&$ Craig Hutchinson. Second only too Brayshaw as the biggest flog in football.

David King beats them both.

Brian Taylor trumps all three of them combined.
by Failed Creation
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Imagine if @valleys07 and @Booney had a child...

The journalistic skills would be outstanding!
by Failed Creation
Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:footy season starting tomorrow...

Best of luck, mate.
by Failed Creation
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Its partay time at FCs joint

About ******* time! :lol:
by Failed Creation
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Really looking forward to tomorrow! Great for North Haven to be back in Div 4. WOS at Glandore will be very, very tough. Really looking forward to the challenge, hopefully we can get two wins and start our season off in the right manner

Best of luck, dude.

I'll be out watching Kilburn at Salisbury.
by Failed Creation
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Round 2 Preview: Port Adelaide vs. Sydney- Saturday April 11th @ Adelaide Oval

Games Played- 24 (Port Adelaide 7, Sydney 17)
Meetings at Adelaide Oval - 1 (Port Adelaide 0, Sydney 0)

Last time they met:
2014 Round 20: Port Adelaide 7.16.58 def. by Sydney 12.12.84 @ Adelaide Oval.
Last 5- Port Adelaide 1, Sydney 4.

Redden back against the Red n White.

679 days between games for most players would spell the end of their careers, which is what makes Jarrad Redden’s return to AFL football on Saturday night so very special. Hinkley has even admitted there were fears Jarrad wouldn’t make it back to the top flight, so I can’t wait to see him run out on Saturday night, such as my admiration for his resilience and determination.

It’s not often Round 2 is tagged as a “crucial game”, but such is the nature of the draw for Port- we simply can’t afford to go 0-2, as it could quickly turn to 0-5 and the season almost over before it began. Heading into this one, it looms as a fairly even battle. Both sides came off tough Round 1 encounters, with Port’s 6 day break perhaps offset by the tough conditions faced at ANZ stadium last Saturday. A lot has been spoken about the individual moments that cost Port Adelaide the game against Fremantle, with Pavlich, Sandilands and Fyfe single-handedly able to will Fremantle across the line. At no stage last week did Fremantle kick more than 2 consecutive goals against us, perhaps a sign that we have matured with football in hand, are able to withstand intense pressure from the opposition when momentum swings their way and showed that we have a Plan B and are prepared to slow down the play, rather than run and gun for 120 minutes.

Summary

Round 13 2014 turned out to be one of the games of the season, the locals treated to Buddy Franklin at his scintillating best, with a 4 goal 2nd half (including 2 goal of the year contenders in the last quarter) proving the difference in a 4 point win to the Swans, handing Port what was only their 2nd loss of the season to date. The return fixture at Adelaide Oval in round 20 coincided with a late season form slump for the Power, with the returning Jackson Trengove unable to arrest the tide as an inaccurate Port Adelaide went down by 26 points.

It will again become a battle of the game plans, with Sydney renowned for numbers behind the footy and capitalising on the turnover, hurting sides over the back where Franklin and Tippett are almost impossible to stop when allowed to compete in 1 on 1 contests. Port’s composure with ball in hand will be crucial to the result tomorrow, as 2014 saw Sydney rank #1 for R50 to I50 transfers (Port ranked #2), as well as ranking #1 for forcing forward half turnovers and #1 in the league for scores from turnovers. Despite Essendon’s dominance over Sydney last week, Sydney still managed 60 I50’s, which with dry conditions expected at Adelaide Oval, could result in a monster scoreline if allowed the same number this week. For Port Adelaide, the key is decision making, picking the right moment to attack vs. defend and speed of ball movement. Last week they went at 79% for disposal efficiency, but the stat that hurt Port as far as scoreboard involvement was the number of possessions per goal (39), allowing Fremantle ample time to stack numbers behind the footy and control the influence of our forwards with intercept marking or outnumbering at the contest. With the aforementioned stats, this will play right into Sydney’s hands, so Port need quick transition into the F50 giving Redden/Ryder/Schulz/Westhoff opportunities at one on one’s with an undersized Sydney back 6 by comparison. Port Adelaide must attempt to match Sydney in the contested stakes. Kennedy (24) and Parker (17) played big roles in Sydney registering the highest number of contested possessions for the round with 176. Port must curtail the contested influence of these 2 to wrestle midfield dominance.

Key Matchup’s

Jack Hombsch vs. Lance Franklin- These two had a very entertaining battle in Round 20, Hombsch in fairness holding Buddy to one of his more modest performances of the 2014 season , kicking just 2 goals amongst 15 disposals, Hombsch rated amongst the Power’s best that evening. With Carlisle not capable of matching Bud aerobically (evidenced in round 13), Hombsch must be the starting option, as he is the only Power player capable of matching Franklin for speed, strength and aerobic capacity as the all-round ideal match-up.

Ollie Wines vs. Josh Kennedy- 2 contested ball beasts go head to head this week in what promises to be a ripping contest, which will surely shape the victor in clearances and midfield dominance. Wines with 27 touches (12 contested) 5 clearances and 2 goals last week, up against Kennedy with 30 touches (24 contested) and 9 clearances. Josh Kennedy finished 2nd in 2014 for contested possessions, and is catalyst for Sydney getting the footy into the hands of Parker, Jetta, Shaw, Hannebery and Jack to release on the outside and thrust Sydney forward. A match deciding match-up I feel.

The 6 points (AFL website)

1. The Swans' two wins over Port Adelaide in 2014 were thanks to their stars; in round 13 at the SCG Lance Franklin dominated with 23 possessions and five goals. In round 20 at Adelaide Oval Josh Kennedy had 34 possessions.

2. The Swans have dominated Port Adelaide in recent seasons, winning 10 of their past 11 matches, including a club-record eight straight wins from 2006-12.

3. This is the 25th contest between the sides and it's the Swans who hold a clear advantage with 17 wins to the Power’s seven.

4. In round one Port Adelaide led the AFL in possessions with 390, and uncontested possessions with 284; in contrast the Swans had the most contested possessions with 176.

5. No player had more contested possessions in the opening round than the Swans' Josh Kennedy (24). Luke Parker also had 17 contested.

6. Lance Franklin remains the game's best key forward according to Official AFL Player Ratings. With almost 572 points to his name he's miles ahead of former Hawthorn teammate Jarryd Roughead (529.3 points)

Team Line-up’s

Port Adelaide:

FB: Hombsch CarlisleTrengove
HB: Pittard Jonas Broadbent
C: Polec Ebert White
HF: Gray Westhoff Wingard
FF: Hartlett Schulz Neade
R: Ryder Boak Wines
I/C: Monfries Impey Cornes Redden

Sydney:

FB: Shaw Richards Rampe
HB: Smith Grundy McVeigh
C: Jetta Jack Bird
HF: Lloyd Franklin Hannebery
FF: Tippett Reid Rohan
R: Pyke Kennedy Parker
I/C: Goodes Heeney Laidler Towers

Valley’s Final Thoughts:

Redden will prove to be an important inclusion this week, ability to get some quality tap work in and around stoppages, as well as forcing Sydney to draw a quality defensive opponent up forward. Ryder will benefit massively for the run last week and will see more time up forward given the selection of a designated 2nd ruckman in the side, hopefully creating havoc for a Sydney backline stretched for height beyond Richards and Grundy. Port Adelaide won’t have the luxury of space to perfectly execute their running game, they will have to stem the flow during periods of the game, with Sydney having passages during our last 2 meetings where we were unable to curtail an onslaught. Sydney got lucky last week. Essendon ran empty after 3 quarters of high pressure footy, allowing the Swans to pinch the 4 points. Sydney are traditionally slow starters, but are 2-0 at Adelaide oval. With a full house packed into Adelaide Oval to cheer the Power on, as well as Jackson Trengove’s 100th game hopefully a source of motivation for the boys, Port to even the ledger in a classic.

Prediction- Port Adelaide by 13 points.

Nicely done! It's always a pleasure reading your work.
by Failed Creation
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

people over sharing on public transport... I have zero interest in hearing about you trying for the bay and how long you have been off the pill... Conversation wasn't with me but from several rows away...

Noise cancelling headphones, my man. They're even great without an MP3 player.

I rarely get bothered or harrassed by people on public transport (or in shopping centres) when I put them on.
by Failed Creation
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Thankfully I have put most of these in place.

Check on the blanket, pillow and chocolate. Have Foxtel IQ and tend to watch my program's after she goes to bed which is about 2 hours earlier than pre- preg. Made the mistake of eating the 3 red frogs left in a packet she had knocked off once and learnt that lesson.

Another crucial lesson I should share....
Mrs - "I'm Bored!"
Me - "Maybe you could have a crack at some of the housework"
In hindsight I did not choose my words well :oops:

Sounds like a day in my life, minus the impending fatherhood.

With the second lesson, both Mrs. Creation and I can get on both sides of this argument.

For instance, before she left for work yesterday morning, she asked me to give the dishes a run in the dishwasher. Fair enough, I've got **** all to do, I'll give it a shot. When she got home from work, she heaped praise on me for actually doing what I'd been asked. Usually I'd have a nap instead.

The praise lasted until she actually opened the dishwasher after I cooked dinner. She gave me a heap of shit for not loading it to her liking.

If she wanted it done to her standards, why the hell didn't she do it in the first place? Would you guys let someone do a job for you if you knew it would be of inferior quality?
by Failed Creation
Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Kilburn got up over Hope Valley by 24 points at Blair Athol Reserve yesterday.

As I assumed previously, it was a cracker of a match, and one that was never safe until the final siren.

Matty Whelan turned back the clock with a stellar performance in the middle, with great support from Cameron Williams, Scott Galbraith and Alex Brackstone.

Adam Clutton stood up when it mattered, and was dominant across the half-forward line, while Braiden and Dylan Tippett, Robert Long and Andrew Graham (after a stint up forward) stood tall in defence.

Mark McCallum booted five for the Chics.
by Failed Creation
Sun May 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56324489.jpg

I've finally made it to 10,000 posts.

It has only taken me 930 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes and 0 seconds, or:

- 2 years, 6 months, 18 days
- 80,403,840 seconds
- 1,340,064 minutes
- 22,334 hours (rounded down)
- 132 weeks (rounded down)
by Failed Creation
Tue May 05, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have too much time on my hands...

by Failed Creation
Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

slow day if the best discussion we can come with is the rise and fall of the bloody Wiggles [emoji38]

Very important part of the formative years of pretty much any Aussie kid born after around 1997.
I would drag that back to 1990......as a mid 80's kid I despised these people.......

Peter Coombe is da bomb!

wash your face with orange juice...

Belly flop on a pizza? Oooh, yuck!
by Failed Creation
Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Really? Could you at least put NSFW on crap you post :? :lol:

What don't you like about New South Wales?

Or New South F***ing Wales?
by Failed Creation
Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Basically, they had a plastic Sow which the Boar would mount and there would be another guy in the room who would help the Boar shoot it into a filtered container. The guy had to grab the pig dick and squeeze tight for about 10 minutes until the pig had finished. If anyone has seen a pig dick you would know that it is kind of like a screw*. Apparently a trick to make it more comfortable was to use your left hand as the dick was "left hand thread". I was asked if I wanted to give this a try which I refused.
"I'd love to have a go, but I think I'd have trouble mounting the sow"

If we are brutally honest we all would've mounted the odd sow in the past, on reflection.....

*shudder*
We used to all put in $10 and whoever picked up the the most horrid wildebeest won the kitty!

I used to do it for nothing... :?
by Failed Creation
Thu May 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote::shock: sick puppy, doing it for nothing!

:lol:

I was all about quantity, not quality...
by Failed Creation
Thu May 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

Arch44 wrote:Duran Duran - Ordinary WORLD

Great song, Arch!

Sade - No Ordinary Love
by Failed Creation
Thu May 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wedding Band

What about these guys? :lol:

by Failed Creation
Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Johno6 wrote:had to cancel TGIF's tonight

depressing

I don't blame you for being depressed... I love the place.
by Failed Creation
Fri May 15, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Snitzel? or Schhhhnitzel?

Schnitzel. Always schnitzel.

This is coming from someone who doesn't eat it.
by Failed Creation
Fri May 15, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

I'm eagerly awaiting picking up Faith No More's Sol Invictus on May 19.

by Failed Creation
Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Do you know if she's into overweight hairy men with small willie's?

If so I'm probably fatter hairier and my willy is smaller so I would win that battle :)

... and still come second to me.
by Failed Creation
Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

False.

TNP is about to have a rodney.
by Failed Creation
Mon May 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The first thing that comes to your head ??

I shake my head on an hourly basis
by Failed Creation
Tue May 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

Foo Fighters - Wattershed
by Failed Creation
Sat May 23, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFOOTY NAB AFL FANTASY (DT)

Also have to take a risk on bringing in rookies when you can as their price rises after their first game.
Have bought in Brooksby to the ruck this week, hopefully he can make some cash before i move Mitch Clark to my permanent 3rd ruckman later on. Thats another positional change REB. Other trade was Cripps to Rockliff
You should also have Matthew Boyd in your backline along with Mundy, should nearly have your 8 premium mids now if you've been trading each week. CEY to a premium next week and mids are set and I can then just play with side ways trades to generate some cash

I reckon my best selections that I've had since the start has been Neale, Clancee Pearce and Thurlow, the latter 2 in particular as they have been unexpected bonuses in the hard to fill defensive positions and now look like keepers so can concentrate on mids and forwards

I'm mid table because I don't have eight premium mids. Players such as Sloane and Lewis took care of that. Went in young in midfield at the start of the year.

regards,

REB

I'm lower than mid table because:
A) I'm poop & B) I keep hiving to make forced changes.

I'm firmly entrenched on the bottom of the ladder because:
a) I'm shit, and b) See (a).
by Failed Creation
Sat May 30, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which safooty posters would you like to meet and why?

I'd be happy to meet anyone who's happy to have a beer. Your buy of course. ;)

Catch up on Saturday night?

Schooners only for Carey remember

I'll buy a pint and empty it into two cups for him on Saturday night to make him feel more comfortable. ;)

FC, I'll bring your Essendon game tickets on Saturday night, see you in the Village before hand?

Sounds like a plan, Mr. Boon.

You're a legend!
by Failed Creation
Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |