Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I can't stand the term 'bucket list'.
by Failed Creation
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

I just want to give a shout out to CLG's B Grade team, and in particular their off-field help.

We had a chaotic start to the day, and just managed to scrape 18 blokes together.

Our trainer was running a little late, so we asked theirs if she could quickly strap a few of our blokes. We were expecting a negative response, but she was more than willing to help us out.

I approached the B Grade Team Manager, asking if he knew any folks around the place that could help us run the boundary and goal umpire, and he was only to happy to put the feelers out there. While we eventually did find help, his assistance was much appreciated.

Kudos to those folks; we'd have been rooted without them.
by Failed Creation
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Soen- Tellurian. Sounds like modern Opeth, but better.
Oceansize- Everyone into position. Been too long between spins.
Orphaned Land- Mabool. Safe to assume they are the only Israeli band on my ipod.

:rock:

That's a brilliant album, and one that gets regular play at home.

My pick of the songs would have to be Ocean Land (The Revelation) .
by Failed Creation
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your signature dish?

Mrs. Creation and I have a good thing going, in that we can both cook, and have no qualms in doing so.

There's certain meals she always lets me cook (silversides, brisket, casseroles etc),, and others where she takes the reins.

Wednesday at Casa de Creation tends to be steak night, and I tend to take care of the mushrooms and the steak, and she generally takes care of the roasted vegetables.

It's a great arrangement because we're both generally willing and able.
by Failed Creation
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Just on a personal note, it's been a great 5 year's as a assistant then head coach at the Smithfield f.c,i definitely had some great times as my journey started in div 7 to 6,5,4 back to 5.
It was very challenging but very rewarding as well,i have ment some great people along the lines from other football clubs,also gained respect to some hopefully majority of our opponent's,as that was one of my goals taking on the role.
Basically my mindset was to help tidy up the s.f.c ,as we all know the history and bad name that hang over the club,getting good feed back from the ceo and umpires director was very satisfying for my self and i no it did to all involved at s.f.c.
I truly believe there has been a massive turn around down there and im very confident it will continue on for many years to come hopefully for ever, as there is no room in our game for supporters being feral and abusive or just general on field nonsense as we have witness this year.
Im stepping down as head coach,as the club needs fresh blood to help build on top of the current playing group,also so i can explore higher divisions and different leagues to better my self as a future coach.
Cheers..

The club is definitely heading in the right direction, and a lot of that is no doubt due to your influence.

I wish you well in your future endeavours.
by Failed Creation
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
Well played, LM!

I'm full of useless information.

Same, but 90% of it is only useful to me.
by Failed Creation
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is my favourite scene:

by Failed Creation
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

I've always been vocal about my struggles, in the hope that others can find the strength to speak up too.

But the stigma still remains; I know there's certain family members and friends who always change the subject when I bring it up.

In my experience, many of those who commit suicide or self-harm choose not to tell anyone before the fact. This could be that they don't want to burden people any more than they feel they are. So many people say that suicide is a selfish act, but those who attempt it are often thinking that their loved ones would be better of without them. Most people don't see this perspective, unless they've been through (or are going through) it.

I've been lucky to have a beautiful wife who understands me, and can often sense what's going on before I know myself. There have been a few posters on here (namely Booney and Valleys07) who have always been there for a chat when I've needed it.

SAFooty is a wonderful community, and there's no shortage of folks around who'd lend an ear if you needed it.
by Failed Creation
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Warner article

I too would be disappointed if ever played for Australia again.

Blokes like him are a cancer.
by Failed Creation
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:AND it all starts in November....

Mariah Carey on repeat in every shopping centre.

Michael ******* Buble trying to croon his way into my pants.

I’d rather Mariah croon into my pants

I'm not gay, but... I think I'd prefer Buble.
by Failed Creation
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having time off over Christmas and New Year and having to spend the majority of time at home under the air conditioner because it was too hot to do anything else. Missus and I are looking at having a White Christmas next year. Time for a change.

Do it.

I've had two, and it actually feels like a real Christmas.

Mrs. C. says Christmas here doesn't feel festive at all; she likens it to just another family BBQ.

If you're going to North America, go to mid-eastern Canada. It will no doubt be less packed than the touristy places like Whistler, Banff etc.

I highly recommend Ottawa and Toronto. In the former, you can skate on the Rideau Canal during the winter.
by Failed Creation
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

What happened to McEwan? Was his 7.8 average for the year not cutting it? Could've played him against the Royals, would've been entertaining hearing him and Keylock praising each other up.
He and Peterson have retired for the season, along with Channa, and a couple others want to go back down and sandbag in easier grades. :roll:
Shit, is Channa aware that there is no Forum Medal in Grade 3? He was within striking distance too! Crazy.

I love your write-ups, LM.

Maybe you could do Grades 3 & 4 next season?
by Failed Creation
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love your write-ups, LM.

Maybe you could do Grades 3 & 4 next season?
Cheers mate, I'll see what I can do, Bedge might be the man though.

I only done Grade's 1 & 2 to see how close I can get to picking the the McKenzie and Robert Graham Medallists, been around the mark but that has been from doing a mock count with a week to go, could be a bit of fun to extend it though, if teams could get their shit together early enough and enter their details, that's the hard part.................................and I should've probably done a spreadsheet instead of manually going through it each week.

If time permits, I'll do a run home for each grade.

Sounds great to me!
by Failed Creation
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eyre Royals 105.26 SW(a), C(h), R(a)
North Pines 99.06 R(a), A(h), SW(a)
NEK 87.11 A(a), SW(h), C(a)
Salisbury West 79.06 ER(h), NEK(a), NP(h)
Enfield 68.36 C(a), R(h), A(a)
Craigmore 65.43 EU(h), ER(a), NEK(h)
Riverside 54.00 NP(h), EU(a), ER(h)
ATCO 40.15 NEK(h), NP(a), EU(h)

The "Good Bloke" league, the grade is littered with them, I'm sure most games are played in great spirit.

The Royals sit top and so the should, 3 of the 4 leading wicket takers with sub 10 averages, and that's without Dylan Chaffey bowling as much as he would of hoped to, that lad has some serious wheels when fully fit, I tried working with him a few years ago but he lacked the confidence to step up to Grade 1, good to see his batting come along since, top spot still up for grabs but I fear a last round win by forfeit may cost them minor premiership.
For a club that I've been critical of over the years I take my hat off to North Pines, Mark Fidock and co. have come along way with teams no longer sandbagging and being successful in the higher grades, they are even looking the goods to return to Grade 1 for the first time in at least 15 years.
Once again they are a team that seems to have no real standouts, Travis Rogers has been tidy with the ball but overall they all seem to play their part, things will fall their way and they will round out the season with a minor premiership, going to be a busy week first week of the finals having a few home teams, great look for the club.
The Knights will keep third spot over arms length away from anyone below them with an outright win this round against a struggling ATCO, after returning to the winners circle last week after three consecutive losses will restore some order and get them back on track. Prisk and Placucci have led the way with the bat and the wickets are well shared showing they aren't reliant on any individual.
Westies are a worry if they can sneak into the 4 given who plays in their D's, it's a redundant call anyway as their run home is too hard and despite their buffer, Enfield will run them down.
The Earwigs will have a great battle with the Blues this round knowing that they can put their slippers on, sit back and smoke a couple of Cubans to take on Riverside and ATCO in the last two rounds, Riverside could very well forfeit given the travel and struggle they've had recently filling two sides, Michael Johns has had a solid season with the bat but moving up to the B's could hurt the team.
The Blues have a great blend of youth and experience and will finish the season off enthusiastically regardless of the results, a tough run home where they may jag a win but more than likely wont, a respectable 6th finish.
A Darren Ireland led Riverside is going to be a fun team to play against and for, hopefully they can scrape 11 blokes together for the next 6 weeks and finish off what they started.
ATCO now face three finals bound teams and after forfeiting against the Royals on the weekend things look bleak considering they could've ridden their gophers there.
I've been a keen observer of this team throughout the season as it's a credit to them all getting together for the one thing we all love "cricket", with an average team age more than most teams oldest bloke I'm sure their Saturday evenings are full of anecdotes over dozens of beers, cramps and bones creaking.

Great write-up, LM!
by Failed Creation
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I drink very rarely. Even at dinners and Super Bowl at the pub, I stuck to Cokes.

I don't drink at home at all.

There's no reason for it, I just don't see the point.

I'm the same.

I decided to cut back just about 18 months ago.

Do you ever find that people try to badger you into having a drink?
by Failed Creation
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2019

Rik E Boy wrote:Invites sent out although I'm not sure who King Kiddy is (Dad please check in). I have to check his league as well.

regards,

RE

He's my cousin; I'll send him the code.
by Failed Creation
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think??

Apart from the tempo, a similar strumming pattern, and the timing of chord changes, I think there's enough differences in both of these songs to tell them apart.
by Failed Creation
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

Here's my initial list. I may add more at some stage.

- Brian Taylor, the commentator. As a footballer, he wasn't half bad.
- Bruce McAvaney, post-2000. He's a parody of himself nowadays.
- Rebel Wilson. I just don't find her funny or watchable, even on The Wedge .
- Bindi Irwin. I can't stand hearing her talk. She sounds like those phony popular kids in high school. However, she's very talented at cashing in on her dad's work.
- Dave Hughes. Talking loud isn't necessarily funny.
- Hamish & Andy. Enough said.
- Michael Clarke, the commentator. Hearing him inhale every five seconds is annoying as ****.
- Myself.
by Failed Creation
Fri May 03, 2019 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:Failed Creation's avatar. Go Gene Frenkle!!

"Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers."
by Failed Creation
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I thoroughly enjoyed my day at Two Wells yesterday.

Lightning McQueen , you're right; Game Day is a top-notch read. It has to be about the best match-day prublication going around.

The match itself was entertaining, and somewhat closer than the score would suggest, in my opinion. I spent a fair bit of time talking to the scoreboard attendant, and he seems like a real genuine bloke.

I'm going to try to catch a finals game or two if I can.

I know this question may have been asked numerous times, but where do you guys see the APFL in comparison to neighbouring leagues?
by Failed Creation
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danny Frawley RIP

Booney wrote:The Age are reporting Vic Police have removed the death from the road toll as they are treating it as a self harm matter.

Like many others, I've got two good ears if anyone ever needs to chew them off.

As a recipient of Booney's time and ears, I can vouch for him.
by Failed Creation
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate witnessing @valleys07 captain his beloved Hope Valley to a flag yesterday.

It was also good to see @Booney, @Footy Chick and @The Bedge at various stages.
by Failed Creation
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's a dramatic reenactment...

by Failed Creation
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To me, this is what a Sunday sounds like...

J. Mascis does a great cover of this song too.

by Failed Creation
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Used to spend a fair bit of time at the Village on a Thursday night but our favourite place was Stix in Gouger Street.

When that closed/moved it was then Shotz on the corner of Pultney and Pirie...

Many a beer consumed and Jig danced while listening to 80s and 90s UK indie...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Shotz and Enigma Bar were always my favourite spots.
by Failed Creation
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

The Dark Knight wrote:Good news today with Pennywise announcing their Australian tour to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Straight Ahead, coming to Adelaide Feb 14th. One of my favourite albums!

With Strung Out and No Fun At All too.

Killer lineup.
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:Old pop, new pop

It's a Shame About Ray gets a lot of air time at my place.

I always come back to songs like 'Rudderless', 'Confetti', 'Alison's Starting to Happen' and the title track.
by Failed Creation
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slowleftarm wrote:Congratulations to Steve Prisk on getting his maiden 100 for the NEKCC against Salisbury West on Saturday. Hopefully you can get a few more before the season ends.

One of cricket's great blokes, is Steve.

To have his kids and old man there would have been awesome for him too.
by Failed Creation
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Pakistani XI

My Indian XI - 1983 to Present:

Sehwag
Shastri
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Laxman
Dhoni (wk)
Kapil Dev (c)
Kumble
Ashwin
Zaheer Khan

Unlucky to miss out: Gavaskar (played a few years too ealry, otherwise he'd have taken Shastri's spot), Harbhajan Singh, Srinath, Ganguly.
by Failed Creation
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Pakistani XI

Symcox: 20 Tests, 37 wickets at 43.32, economy rate 2.70, strike rate 96.2.
Adams: 45 Tests, 134 wickets at 32.87, economy rate 2.98, strike rate 66.0.

If I was wanting the better bat of the two, Symcox wins by a country mile. Symcox averaged 28.5 with one Test century, compared to Adams' average of 9.0 with a high score of 35.
But Symcox would've been more fun to get on the piss with.

If that's the case, I ought to have picked Brian McMillan too.
by Failed Creation
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Thanks, guys!

I wasn't expecting much in the way of well wishes, but you guys have made my day.
by Failed Creation
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gender reveals. What the **** is going on with these? Apparently I've got one to attend in the coming days, I'm going to carve this shit show up.

So, you know what gender they're going to identify with then they grow up then? Might be pissed at the pink balloon when you show the video at "its" 21st.

(To the Mum) You weren't there when they did the ultra sound?

You know, when it drops out you'll be able to tell then if you wanted to surprise everyone?

Amen, Boonster.

When I was a kid, a gender reveal was saying "We're having a boy/girl" with no fanfare.

Also, cake smash photos. What a waste of dessert.
by Failed Creation
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gender reveals. What the **** is going on with these? Apparently I've got one to attend in the coming days, I'm going to carve this shit show up.

So, you know what gender they're going to identify with then they grow up then? Might be pissed at the pink balloon when you show the video at "its" 21st.

(To the Mum) You weren't there when they did the ultra sound?

You know, when it drops out you'll be able to tell then if you wanted to surprise everyone?

Amen, Boonster.

When I was a kid, a gender reveal was saying "We're having a boy/girl" with no fanfare.

Also, cake smash photos. What a waste of dessert.

I'd like to add a couple more related points to this list.

1) Back to school photos.

Why? Shouldn't we just assume that if your kids are between the ages of 5 and 16, that they're going to school?

This excludes photos of a kid's first day or school, or first day of high school; I'm okay with those, because they're real milestones.

2) Graduation parties or ceremonies for each grade.

I'm okay with making a deal out of graduating primary or high school, but why make a mountain out of the molehill grades? Wouldn't that cheapen it?

People like to make events for everything now. Weirdos.
by Failed Creation
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:By the way, I didn't attend the gender reveal.

I'm proud of you, mate.
by Failed Creation
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Magellan wrote:
Magellan wrote:Faith No More, Monday 18 May, Entertainment Centre.

Tickets bought today. Gonna be a good 'un methinks...not quite the 1993 Angel Dust tour, but good fun nonetheless.

I'm hoping the tickets don't sell out quickly.

I hope to snap one up in the next few weeks.
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://media.pitchfork.com/photos/5929ad02c0084474cd0c1664/1:1/w_320/0b068e7b.jpg

Giving this one a few decent listens given the upcoming tour, kind of overlooked it when it come out in 2015. There's a few FNM fans here, what are your thoughts, and where do you think it sits with respect to the rest of their catalogue?

If I were to rank Faith No More's albums from best to worst, it would be:

Angel Dust (My all-time favourite album)
King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime
Album of the Year
Introduce Yourself
Sol Invictus
The Real Thing (An unpopular opinion, I know)
We Care a Lot (Although 'The Jungle' and 'Arabian Disco' are among my favourite FNM songs)
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It shits me when I'm talking to someone, and they mention they played AFL in the past.

So I'll ask them "which club?"

They replay with something like "Beaufort".

Last time I checked, Beaufort never had an AFL side.
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It shits me when I'm talking to someone, and they mention they played AFL in the past.

So I'll ask them "which club?"

They replay with something like "Beaufort".

Last time I checked, Beaufort never had an AFL side.
Similarly I was driving around last week and I saw a sign saying “Come and try NRL” I thought Adelaide must have started a new side or something :)
Pretty sure we've had this convo before, I'm heading out with some mates to play NBA this afternoon.

So it's not just my wife that says I repeat myself? :lol:
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which safooty posters would you like to meet and why?

I had the privilege of bumping into Lightning McQueen a couple of weeks back.

He's as good a bloke in the flesh as he appears on the screen.
Cheers mate, yeah it was great putting a face to a username, it was funny how we both knew who each other was instantly despite never meeting previously.

I'm sure we'll bump into each other again there some time, we'll stop for a coffee and an extended chat, we seem to speak the same language.

I must admit, I was surprised you knew who I was! :lol:

I think we must have mutual friends, and in Adelaide, it makes a small world even smaller.
by Failed Creation
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I actually go to The Butcher's Secret at Angle Vale.

They're my Player Sponsor, and their meats are awesome.

I generally use my George Foreman to cook my steak; 3 1/2 minutes for a decently thick porterhouse usually does the trick.
I shall try them out, Crestline have great Rib-Eye and Scotch Fillet specials but I usually go to Specialty Foods in Thebarton for most.

Paul (the owner), Trisha and Stuart are fantastic.

Let them know you're a mate of mine; they'll be stoked.
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg - Missing persons unit

Following teams have a week to go before their spot gets offered up to the next highest scoring team. Please note that it is possible to 'skip' leagues based on scoring from last season. However, you can't go from Div II to Premier League, you must qualify in Div I before you go top flight.

Missing persons unit

Premier League
Masha
One Club Player

Division II
McAlmanac
Underbelly
CoverKing (Les's Men)
MatteeG
Ado

Division III
Honda07
On Song

Division IV
wycbloods (Liam's Crows)
redwhiteandblueblooded
King Kiddy Nicholas, no idea who he is. Someone's lad can't remember.

Division V
MatteeG (Titches Switches :D and Cam Bros)
wycbloods (harryshawks)
the wonder elephant
Heater31

Get it sorted you lot! Answer the door or be shown it next Friday morning. 8)

regards,

REB

King Kiddy is my cousin, I'll get onto him.
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Pre-Season 2020 - Hogg deadline Thu March 5

So my mate's team name is 'GETOUTOFTHEWAY' and his average for 2019 was 2258.
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you ok?

Am I ok? I'm pretty ******* far from ok as Marcellus once famously said in Pulp Fiction.

I've been under prolonged stress being a team leader at my organisation, looking after the needs of and being strong for everyone else. I've been a referee in stand up fights and managed two employees who suffered life threatening conditions. Our arm of the business was being run as a dollars and cents operation where the rights and needs of employees were secondary to the bottom line. For over six years I was caught between senior managemeqnt above and staff members below, trying to get the best of both worlds happening while continuing to develop professionally and provide value to the organisation. For this challenging leadership role I received no financial reward. The last 18 months in my old department were very challenging indeed.

In July last year it was announced there was to be a restructure. Our unit was to be moved to another department. Usually everybody shits themselves when there is a restructure but our team was ecstatic. We had moved out of the profit driven arm of the organisation and into the field of compliance which is our primary function. Since then I've had about as much fun as Leon Cameron at last year's grand final.

The warning lights began to turn when I started getting duties taken away from me. I have always been versatile and have skills in multiple disciplines. Suddenly I was being asked to choose. As someone who is very passionate about my work I found this sudden necessity for choice to be quite confronting. Then in November I had the team leadership taken away from me. It wasn't even clearly explained, more implied. I thought I was stepping aside while a consultant came in to temporarily oversee management of the team. Not so, I was already out. Then there was a meeting with my team to tell them what they decided not to bother telling me, that I was no longer their manger. I was not invited to this meeting.

Christmas came and went, always a horrible time for me due to the death of my father and his birthday around then too. Shovelling dirt on a beloved pet's face at 6.30 in the morning didn't rank as my best ever Christmas morning. Oh well, onwards and upwards back to work REB. At 8.30 on my first day back I was called in to the office where I was told I was to be taken off a project because my work was late and that it wasn't up to standard. My work was sent for review days before project deadlines and I never got a straight answer as to what exactly was wrong with my work. Seeing as I have been writing training documentation for 15 years I suspected a personal angle to be involved in what should have been a business decision.

For the next two months I had to endure humiliation and bullying as our new consultant opted to consult with the most junior member of the team at the expense of his more senior colleagues. Here I was, 53 with 15 years experience and a Degree doing data entry while the young chap was writing work instructions. I even received an email from this consultant saying that writing was not my strength. This person was my new supervisor, something else the organisation neglected to tell me. So here is this person who obviously doesn't rate me, making evaluations to my department about what our new structure should look like.

Then happy days the organisation worked out the project manager wasn't a people person and disappeared faster than Warner in England. My hopes soared...maybe everything is going to be cool after all. Our team spilled the beans to our manager about the bullshit that was going on and she was shocked. Then the PD news filtered out and straight away we Unioned up. The restructure got knocked back because the new PDs went over everyone's heads. Union to the rescue. Delay, delay, delay with daily calendar appointments.....you'd go to work, is this the day? Is this day? Are they going to use Vaseline?

Last Tuesday the day finally arrived. It was a great result for everyone in the team but I got shafted. Everyone got bumped up a level but I got bumped down a level. Not tooting my own horn here but I know more than anyone in that team, I made it my business to know. They couldn't cut my pay but they can put you on something called Salary maintenance. Salary maintenance means I get paid at my current rate but I won't get a CPI pay rise for years until my new level 'catches up' to my current salary. Not what you want for wage or your super at 53.

After the meeting I met with a delegate and my union rep. I was told the original PDs were ****** for everyone and that the Union were aiming to keep everyone in a job which they managed to do. I also got told that they were going to give me the arse. If it wasn't for my Union I was gone. I was close to breaking all meeting but when I heard that my reward for learning more and putting up my hand to lead the team was a DCM. I felt worthless, I was devasted. I knew this was coming but when the consultant left my spirits were lifted only to be emphatically crushed later.

My union guy talked about something called OSD Organisational Stress Disorder and a middle aged middle management type was at risk. Not sleeping? Tick, not interested in things you normally love, tick, tick, tick. I was at risk. Then came the question "have you had any suicidal thoughts" and my inability to answer the question was all the answers required. All,if a sudden, these thoughts could not be compartmentalised and rationalised. Shit just got real.

Somehow I made it through the meetings and went outside and completely broke down. Everything just crashed down on me at once like a tube at Rip Curl BANG. I'm in the washing machine and I'd never felt so sick in my life. I couldn't hold my head up. I went into work the next day and my supervisor said "what are you doing here". On the way out I got help. EAP, HR, Mental Health first aid officer, and a GP appointment. I'm seeing a shrink in a few weeks and I've reached out to many people. I'm not about to implement a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have a mental health plan and I've applied for other jobs as I need to get out of where I am.

Finally, I told my boys why Dad has been at home. They are 17 and 23 but I was honest and explained to them that part if being a man is knowing that asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. I've been dudded at work, but I still have a job. If I land one of the gigs I'm trying out for, I actually come out in front. I've got more shit to come but I reckon I'm through the worst of it. But the last year or so has been the toughest of my life.

Regards,

REB

**** me, you've really been through the wringer. Believe it or not, you've just made it through to the other side of it.

Just know that it takes real courage to know you're struggling, and to take steps to get the help you need. Furthermore, you've just set a really great example for your boys.

Also, many of us are here for a chat or a shoulder if you need it.
by Failed Creation
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had a few spare moments, so I came up with a Team of the Year for Grade 4.

Apologies to those who missed out.

1. B. Richardson (Eyre Royals)
2. S. Prisk (N.E.K.)
3. A. Waterhouse (Salisbury West)
4. M. Hartwell (Dublin)
5. M. Gallarello (One Tree Hill (wk)
6. R, Figallo (Eyre Royals)
7. L. Kent (Eyre Royals) (captain)
8. D. Placucci (N.E.K.)
9. A. Balding (N.E.K.)
10. J. Darlow (Eyre Royals)
11. D. Hubber (Salisbury West)
by Failed Creation
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you ok?

Yeah played many a cricket game with the Childs family.

Absolutely amazing family who would do anything to help anyone.

I worked with Dylan for a few years; quality lad.

Yeah top lad, heart of gold. I used to look after his girlfriend in Vac Care as i my first ever job with the organisation i still work with. Feel really old now haha.

No kidding...

I'm old enough to be the father of a number of my co-workers.
by Failed Creation
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |