Search found 477 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

They were probably desperate to get someone with a half decent profile, after missing out on Franklin.

I expected him to sign with Geelong, obviously the contract GWS offered too good to refuse, perhaps looked after, after his playing career ends too.

You can't blame a bloke for wanting to set himself up for life after footy (more so), can you?
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: explain your signature

the wonder elephant wrote:Mine is the number of my registering as a poster on here , along the lines of the Ausssie cricketers test numbers ! Might be time for a new one after reading this thread me thinks :-)

Nah, keep it. I think we should all have it somewhere for all to see.
by Failed Creation
Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

I honestly don't see any rational argument for people not thinking allowing same sex marriage is a good idea. Unless you are homophobic.

The main issue I have with religious groups saying that same sex marriage undermines the sanctity of marriage is that they ignore the fact that divorce rates have skyrocketed, and there are people out there that are on their 4th marriage etc. or like Britney Spears and only last a few weeks or whatever. All of those things undermine the sanctity of marriage much more than two people who happen to be of the same sex getting married.

The current liberal argument for opposing this law makes me so angry. They say there should be a congruent set of laws over marriage in Australia. And while I actually agree with that, it sidesteps the issue that YOU D*ckheads are now in government? Fking change the law at the commonwealth level!

Lastly, with regards to the debate about same sex couples having access to IVF, I think they should be allowed to. At the present time a single mother can also have access, which is surely a worse situation than having two loving parents. Not to mention 15 year olds can have babies whenever they want so they can get a new tv. Or just because they are careless. IVF is a massive commitment, financially and also in terms of how stressful it would be. And it has to be a choice of the parents. Surely this puts them in a better position than the 15 year old that gets knocked up

Well said.

Without wanting to pigeonhole any religious users of this forum, they're just as inclined to commit adultery, rape, indecent acts against children and people in general, and other crimes as non-believers.

Having done the majority of my schooling in the private system, I couldn't believe the level of homophobia, bigotry and sexism many of my teachers tried to pass on to us. But that's not to say all religious people are like that. In fact, some of the most open-minded, caring and compassionate people I have ever met have faith in one god or another. But there are also a great deal on non-religious types who are as bad as some faith-based folk.

What I'm trying to say is that like Pierre Trudeau once said "there's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" and "what's done in private between adults doesn't concern the Criminal Code".
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

woodublieve12 wrote:she sings??? i've honestly never seen her mouth move...

:shock: =P~ :X

If it wasn't for those tits, I'd have moved to another thread by now...
by Failed Creation
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

whats starcs injury like? will we see him this season?

i think bailey definitely should be given a go. definitely more experienced than khawaja, and seems to have some good form going. hughes probably unlucky to miss but reckon bailey will go alright

I would definitely put a line through Khawaja's name. He's not up to it.
by Failed Creation
Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:The Vancouver Grizzlies had to change their name because it was offensive to wives.

Furthermore, they had to move to Memphis, because their name was offensive to Canadians... :lol:
by Failed Creation
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:I think people here only use halloween as an excuse to dress up and eat lollies - wheras in the USA, there's a whole lot more to it...

I know. My wife's Canadian, and she goes on about how she misses Halloween, so I offered her a plane ticket.
by Failed Creation
Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:Given your current industry, would your employer understand what you are saying?

True, but some gestures are universal. ;)
by Failed Creation
Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

woodublieve12 wrote:Failed creations gifs he uses as his avatars. find them amusing

Cheers, mate.

I like to entertain. ;)

The amount of time I waste trying to get good gifs is shocking...
by Failed Creation
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Phantom Gossiper wrote:If/When chuck is giving his marching orders, who would be the likely replacement?!

Jason Gillespie would be my choice.
by Failed Creation
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

woodublieve12 wrote:we're the millers... thought it was good... Jennifer Aniston, like a fine wine...

Best left in the cellar?
by Failed Creation
Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Why can't some **** keep their mouth shut?

The cyclist could have avoided being told off by the big, bad policeman if he could just learn to zip it.

People like him are often the ones who blame the police for everything, and there's a ton of that shit on social media and the internet in general.

Bravo to the policeman for telling that little skid mark where to go.
by Failed Creation
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

GWW wrote:Thanks for the updates, Creation...Im walking home from work at the moment, so not easy to to follow progress of draft, as only got mt phone to refer to.

No worries mate.
by Failed Creation
Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

I keep coming back to my two favourite Soundgarden songs.

by Failed Creation
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone know how those Hungry Jacks Shake and Win thingys work?

I have the app on my phone, and checked in, but when I shook my phone, nothing happened, and I looked like I was having a seizure.
by Failed Creation
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting to 3000 posts. I'm still waiting for my first decent one... ;)
by Failed Creation
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)

If that's the case, he might make us look better than we currently do...

Like I said in the private message ages ago, you can have a few bevvies on me. It almost makes it worth meeting yours truly, doesn't it? ;)

I'll be the judge of that.... ;)

Yes valleys, I got the reference. Now, just a matter of how to "get" Aunt Robyn.....or, for that matter, Aunt Lilly. =P~

Or both of them at the same time...
by Failed Creation
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the FREE BEER!! thread

Went to the local pub yesterday for a Christmas show.

Watched the cricket from 1pm and there was FREE BEER.

Not your standard tap beer but FREE PREMIUM BEER. Budweiser, Asahi and Boag's Premium.

FREE BEER and FREE NIBBLES and cricket! Paying a physical price today.

Nicely done!

I quite like the aforementioned beers, and they're even better when it's FREE BEER.
by Failed Creation
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hefty wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
Hefty wrote:work xmas show tonite......better get a root!!

so..... howd you go?

let's just say I ended up on Prospect Rd.........again!!

A root's a root.... no matter where it comes from!!!
by Failed Creation
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

The lads have training session at Alberton this morning at 9:30. This session is open to club members, and there will also be a free BBQ.

Count me in.
by Failed Creation
Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christmas

I don't have a problem with Christmas, my beef is with the way people act around this time of year.

For example, shopping centres aren't usually too bad to navigate, but around Christmas, everyone seems to be an arsehole. I now steer clear of Tea Tree Plaza and other major shopping centres, unless I'm there first thing in the morning.

I found that 6-7am is the best time to do my grocery shopping too...
by Failed Creation
Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

To think 90, 831 people were there to see it too...
by Failed Creation
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Greatest all rounder I gave ever seen play

Without doubt.

x2.

13000+ Test runs, combined with nearly 300 Test wickets spells 'class' in my book.
by Failed Creation
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA 2013/14

How ridiculous are those 't-shirt' jerseys? I think they're ******* horrible...
by Failed Creation
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Does anyone care about the Sydney to Hobart?

I certainly do not.

Amen. Just like with motor sports, I only care when there are crashes.
by Failed Creation
Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: White Christmas

Hi all,

In 2015 fair chance i'll be doing a white christmas with the in laws... The possibility of doing a white christmas is out waying the fact i'll be overseas with my inlaws...

Anyways we are just coming upn with some ideas for were to be for that xmas. Lapland and Quebec have been named to date with some others.
Any one here had a white xmas, where was it and how was it? Suggestions would be much appreciated..

Cheers

Bugger Quebec, mate. There's way too many French-Canadians there.

There are plenty of awesome places in Ontario where you can have an awesome white Christmas. Try Ottawa, Toronto, Niagara Falls (and not the U.S. side; it's awful) and Kingston. They're all nice cities of differing sizes (e.g. Toronto is bigger than Sydney, Ottawa is roughly the same size as Adelaide, Niagara Falls is beautiful around Christmas time, and Kingston is an awesome smaller city with beautiful limestone buildings.

No matter what you decide, a white Christmas is always special.
by Failed Creation
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:This is ******* terrible...

i got 9 seconds in... sorry i couldn't do anymore!

I'm a glutton for punishment...

Speaking of which... I know this is ****** up, and it might get removed due to the coarse language, but this is hilarious.

by Failed Creation
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The bloke at 10:43 almost made me piss myself...

by Failed Creation
Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Booney wrote:Rebel Wilson. Anyone who likes her. Anyone who watches her.

Anyone?

Booney, spot on mate.

I don't see how people find her, Rove McAnus, Hamish & Andy, The Big Bang Theory or Scrubs funny either.
by Failed Creation
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

I hope Bailey **** off and never comes back. He's just not up to it at Test level, this series has proven that.

Knew it wouldn't take long.
Wouldn't have mattered what he did, makes 100, everyone says 2nd innings tons mean nothing in a dead rubber test/series.
Its obvious he has been poor, but at least they gave him 10 innings to show something. It hasn't worked out, so he won't go to SOuth Africa and the search for a number 6 will continue. Only thing that may save him will be that no shield cricket is being played currently.
Im happy that we gave him a reasonable chance. We have been winning and he has got stuck into some of the weaker units in this English side.
You probably said the same thing about Rogers aswell.

I, like most people, expected much more from him. Agreed that he should have been given this series to prove himself, but I disagree that a ton wouldn't have been enough, Alas, it would have shown that he had the patience to build an innings in the longer format, and therefore some potential. In Bailey's favour, however, is that there is no other standout middle order batsman knocking down the door.

It is a shame that Shield cricket stops for a long period, as it doesn't give hopefuls a chance of staking their claims until after we've boarded the plane.

Yes, I was skeptical about Rogers when he returned to the side in England, but I soon shut my mouth when he scored his first ton. Two tons and three fifties in this series have proven that the decision to play him was a valid one. Tons are tons, no matter which innings they're scored in. I'm just happy that we've had blokes capable enough to score them in the second dig in order to set a good target.
by Failed Creation
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

F*#k me dead Nicole Livingston to Pat cash talk about bottom of the Barrel it's the biggest load of crap I've ever seen along with the dancers and fireworks. If they were legit about this catch shit it would be just over the fence not 20 rows back.

I can't stand the fireworks and dancers. They shit me royally.
by Failed Creation
Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Taking my guitar amp out of storage after 3 years, and finding it still sounds amazing. My playing, on the other hand... :oops:
by Failed Creation
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:What a shame. Such a beautiful down to earth couple.

Now that they've called it quits, can someone **** her back off to Seppoville?
by Failed Creation
Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Squids wrote:and here we go

Yep, this'll be gold.

Does anyone want to share some popcorn and a Choc-Top?
by Failed Creation
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:Being able to confirm my wife an I are expecting our first child. Extremely excited!

Congratulations mate!!!!
by Failed Creation
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have only just tuned in but is Mark Nicholas hosting the AB medal? If so that shits me :evil:

I don't mind him (I certainly don't love him though), but what shits me is all this 'red carpet' bullshit. The wives and girlfriends aren't bloody celebrities, and shouldn't be treated as such. Just like with the Brownlow Medal. Why are they trying to 'Hollywood' events like this nowadays?
by Failed Creation
Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did each era bring to the game

1980s
- The Australian Test and ODI sides placed an increased emphasis on fielding prowess, thanks largely to Bob Simpson, who became Australia's coach in 1986.

- Due to the retirements of the Big Three (Lillee, Marsh, Greg Chappell), and later followed by rebel tours in South Africa, Australia had no choice but to blood youngsters who weren't quite ready for Test cricket at that stage, but later became stars. The best examples of this would be Steve Waugh, David Boon, Craig McDermott, Dean Jones and Ian Healy. I put Healy in there, although he debuted a few years later, because Australia really struggled for a long-term wicketkeeper after Marsh's retirement.

- Allan ******* Border. In my opinion, no other man could have won us the Ashes in 1989.
by Failed Creation
Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Don't worry people its just a bit of water falling from the sky.

Spot on, Scoob.

People do like to whinge at the weather's expense, don't they?

Me, I love everything mother nature throws at me.

I hope your house burns down, the. It blows over, and then the flood waters take the rest of it away

All good. I am only renting, and my contents are all fully insured. I think I'll manage.
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One thing that shits me is when people whinge about the weather, no matter the conditions.

One day it's too hot and dry for folks, the next it's too bloody wet for them. I embrace all the conditions.
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

What was with Dwayne Russell and Jason Dunstall constantly referring to Mark Ricciuto as 'West Adelaide's Greatest Ever Player'?

Joke or no joke, I think it's disrespectful to the blokes who plied their trade for years at Westies. It would be like saying Nathan Buckley is the greatest ever Brisbane or Port Adelaide player. With Russell's SANFL background, he ought to know better.
by Failed Creation
Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Booney wrote:"Spinning" ( as much as an ipod can "spin" ) this week are :

Tool - Lateralus

Grinspoon - Easy

Soundgarden - Superunknown

You've done it again, Booney!

Each of those albums is in my top 2-3 from those bands.
by Failed Creation
Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

woodublieve12 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:My wife and I got our membership packs yesterday.

NOW it feels as though footy season is around the corner! We can't wait.

and whoever is sulking, (and in crow logic) it's the victorians fault..

I'm not sulking, I'm pretty content at the moment.

Oh wait, now I'm sulking about not sulking... ;)
by Failed Creation
Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ralph's Run for Redemption

He ******* did it. Unbelievable effort, that.
by Failed Creation
Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |