Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

Gum knocked off Kersbrook for the first time in over a decade I believe.

They certainly did. Excellent game by the young gumeracha lads.
First time in a lot of years that I have witnessed a gumeracha team play with some actual want and desperation. There was no real big individual efforts just a team of players working for each other. Hopefully a good sign of things to come.
by doubletrouble
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Nairne were quite a young side last year, have some very good local players as well as some good imports this year! I think they are a good chance.
Kersbrook are always there abouts, maccy have some very quality players but lack the depth of the top sides. Will be interesting to see if Bridgewater lose players because of being dropped.
Bridgey were pretty strong last year in central were much stronger than lofty where when they got relegated, although lofty added a few last year in country. Hopefully there good young players have stayed and if barber gets back on the field after a few horrid years with injury they will be even stronger as hes their most important player in my opinion.
Nairne will be good again, is Harrowfield staying or going back to imps?
Kerbrook picked up 3 handy players and will be improved, also hopefully laube is back playing again and has an injury free year.
Maccy have lost big brad smith i believe and belfield but im sure they have picked up a few.
Meadows havent heard of any pick ups or losses but surely they will be better than last year have a bit of talent just seem a bit lazy.
Gums may be in trouble if hanna has left as im sure some other locals may leave but im sure they would of picked up a few recruits just dont know if they will be any good.
Kangys who knows what they have done but they have some good young talent just need to add some class to the group, will be interesting if wakefield and thorpe continue after helping them significantly in the second half of the year with some experience.
Sedan/cambrai would have done some recruiting and hopefully it makes them very competitive and we dont see them drop off like they did last year.

Have heard that the brookers have lost a few from last year's squad. My money is with Bridgewater this year to set the bar early.
by doubletrouble
Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

So do we have an outright favourite for the flag now? Awesome game of footy to watch, Nairne managed to win even after Hancock being red carded early in the second quarter and another being yellow carded not long before that. So were two men down for most of the second quarter. And 1 player down for the rest of the game(and Hancock at that). Still ran over the top of the brookers. Looked too classy, moved the ball too well, too fit and they were brilliant on the inside feeding it out to their runners. That number 2 with the headband absolutely dominated! Well played!

Did anyone see the birdwood Bridgewater game?

Yeah i reckon we do have an outright favourite. Bridgewater!
by doubletrouble
Sat May 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:
livefooty wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Rumour is mummy has left gums?

Angle Vale With Mciver?

U should know ?

I heard he signed for 2 years at gums
by doubletrouble
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

19thman wrote:So who’s coaching Bridgewater this week? I hear rumblings

He will be getting a feel for his new home deck this Sunday.
by doubletrouble
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Hahndorf the new GE hughes
by doubletrouble
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

The Northern Rainbows
LGBT

Lobethal, Gumeracha, Birdwood, Torrens valley
by doubletrouble
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |