Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: NO MORE Brickworks

Think the new Burnside Village slogan "where fashion lives" should now be updated to "where fashion lives....but the tree didn't"
by Columbo
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty V2

Looks great, good job.
by Columbo
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Luke Ivens Retires

Seems to have been around forever and always seemed to play well against the Eagles. Think you are spot on Wedgie, one of those blokes that you would love to have in your side.
by Columbo
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

LPH wrote:Sack Slavin...

You could at least spell his name correctly :?
by Columbo
Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

RB wrote:
LPH wrote:No, I spelt it wrong - thought it was you who pointed that out?
Don't think so but I could be wrong - my memory is a bit like by Barry O'Farrell's.

Not you RB, for the sake of factual reporting it was me. All good this time play on ;)
by Columbo
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

that sounds dubious Columbo, all good mate?

Cheers FC!
A few anxious moments along the way and things could have been alot worse, but the experts say I won't know myself in 12 months time.
If I've learnt anything in the last 10 weeks it's look after yourself, if you don't feel right get to your doctor yesterday!
by Columbo
Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

God McGregor rates himself doesn't he? Someone get him a looser Guernsey, the little fatty is filling it out too much. And he is proper lazy. Yes he's kicked a couple but he is a proper slut on the field

What a pity. I knew about a dozen Central fans who "dressed up nice" to come and see you on Saturday. You know, no singlets and no ciggies in the shoulder of the shirt. Seems you were home watching the Eagles take top spot on the ladder while the leading small forward in the competition was kicking more goals.

You sir, are full of shit and have joined an illustrious group. People on my "ignore/foe" list. Goodbye.

Best post I've seen for a while Booney, 3 votes ;)
by Columbo
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Hellooooooooooooooo,
Frank Walker from National Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles.....

Makes me laugh everytime I hear it, which is at all hours of the day and night, Mrs Columbo hates it which makes me laugh more as soon as I hear it and wait for her to comment. Great advertising, love it or hate it he's got people talking and there is no mistaking its about tiiiiiiiiiiles.
by Columbo
Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

Interesting that the Home Crowd averages for 4 clubs:
South 1,840
West 1,746
Eagles 1,728
Adelaide 1,348
...are actually lower than the lowest Total (home and away) average crowd.
South 1,877

Sides that play those 4 venues in the second half of the year might find their overall numbers come down.
P.S. Did Adelaide play a home game this year?

Eagles have already played the other 3 on that list at home this year.
2 home games have been on TV, (Do we know the ratings for those?)
All 5 home games have been Saturdays, as are at least 3 of the remaining 5, I don't recall that many Saturday games at Woodville for quite a while.
Would be interesting to see how this years home crowds compare to past years against those teams if they were played on Sundays considering the Eagles form and results are quite similar across those seasons.
by Columbo
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wedgie wrote:Everyone shops at Woolies because its an awesome organisation! :)

Hooray for 2 for 1 pub lunches!
by Columbo
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

In 2018 this whole mess should not have been able to happen, but it did. The consequences right or wrong have been handed down and now steps need to be taken to stop it happening again.
One hypothetical question to ponder however,
What would the feeling have been from the broader SANFL community if the team with the extra player had been Adelaide or Port?
Bring on 2019 already, the cricket is ordinary.
by Columbo
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The June 2nd Draft

The "rules" around the mid draft seem a bit fuzzy. Norwood and Sturt seem to have lost players immediately, yet Sharman played for Eagles on Saturday. Is this just St Kilda being generous?

Generous, perhaps.
However it was probably more cautious and smart by St Kilda to keep him playing and avoiding any quarantine issues with all the stuff the Victorian teams are facing at present.
Having said all of that he has apparently now headed to Sydney to join the squad.
by Columbo
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cringeworthy Ads

Failed Creation wrote:All those Rhonda & Ketut ads from a decade ago...

**** me, the amount of people that over-quoted that shit was insane.

You'll be stoke to know that Rhonda and Ketut (plus a baby) have made a comeback then, in a new vaccination promotion for AAMI
by Columbo
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

International this day, International that day, have a bloody international day for everything :roll:

how about lets just have an international normal day ;)

My boss has a bit of fun with all these national and international days and puts them on our weekly noticeboard at work,

In the last few weeks we have had:

International dog biscuit appreciation day
National tell a fairy tale day
National public sleeping day
Learn what your name means day
National proof reading day

My personal favourite so far is coming up next weekend - Alien Abduction Day
by Columbo
Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Eagles v Glenelg

Dutchy wrote:Saw the new Woodville lights last week, they look good, are any league games programmed at night there?

Round 7, Friday night against Adelaide
by Columbo
Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Nathan Buckley's special comments on Fox Footy.
by Columbo
Sun May 08, 2022 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Eagles v South

The oppo coaches boxes aren't in an ideal position but hardly a huge issue, they have done a good job with the lights.

I've been in the new opposition coaches box, it has a great uninterrupted view of the oval, a lot, lot better than what opp. coaches get at Noarlunga and Elizabeth. It's just not an issue.

Agree Wimpy.
Opposition coaching staff sit in an open sided truck at Noarlunga ffs.
Hardly SANFL standard but it doesn't stop the Eagles from winning there

Absolute crap ! They sit in the grandstand.

Stop making crap up and turn on your hot water !

Has this changed since the trial games earlier in the year Southee??
Champion Data were using what was the opposition coaches box and there was a scaffold with a coaches box on it to the left of the race.

As for the showers, it was mentioned by Jimmy Toumpas on the radio last night that plumbers were out investigating the issue yesterday.
I did wonder if the hot water ran out after the 2's players hit the showers and tried to avert their hypothermia, some very cold boys out there Sunday.
by Columbo
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The AFL match review panel, tribunal and review system.
by Columbo
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

The number of deaths on the roads so far this year.
You see the stories on the news and as the days pass you forget about it, however, it really hits home when you know of one of the people involved, you read the tributes from family and friends online and see how it impacts the lives of so many people, directly and indirectly in some form.
Be safe everyone.
by Columbo
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

South names Jake Summerton as Captain with Matthew Broadbent as the deputy.

Was sad to see Jake leave Oval Avenue but it was completely understandable and has been the best move he could have made. It was great to see him make it to 100 games last year and think he will make a great captain...Congrats Summo.
by Columbo
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

So now the dust is settling on Gather Round, I'd be interested in knowing what tangible benefits to each SANFL club were. Seems like all of them had AFL clubs training/conducting clinics at some point. Were these well attended and did they generate any additional revenue for the clubs?
Also - given we will have 3 more years of it at least, and assuming the Parade gets another couple of games each year, does that favour them financially? (Genuine question - I dont know if they benefited at all financially or whether the coffers went to the AFL/SANFL only?)

Good crowd of Geelong fans at Woodville on Saturday morning, around 1000 possibly give or take but hard to judge.
About 100 odd Eagles members and Geelong faithful upstairs for an hour long Q & A session afterwards with Stephen Hocking, Nigel Lappin, Esava Ratugolea and Tyson Stengle.
by Columbo
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People gluing themselves to, hanging themselves from or vandalising property (public or private) during protests.
We are lucky enough to live in a country where people have the freedom to protest, but that sort of crap does nothing to help your cause IMO.

Loved the comment from Grant Stevens today "so we cant, as much as we might like to, cut the ropes and let them drop"
Personally think a quick squirt with the high pressure fire hose would have done the trick yesterday and today but I guess we can't do that either.
by Columbo
Wed May 17, 2023 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Round 15
Saturday 22nd Jul y
West Adelaide v Glenelg (Hisense Stadium - Under 18s - 11:00am, Under 16s - 1:30pm)
Sturt v Woodville-West Torrens (Wigan Oval - Under 16s - 10:00am, Under 18s - 12:15pm)
Sunday 23rd July
Norwood v North Adelaide (Norwood Oval - Under 18s - 11:00am, Under 16s - 1:30pm)
South Adelaide v Central District (Flinders University Stadium - Under 16s - 11:00am, Under 18s - 1:15pm)

Wigan Oval games now at Thebarton, same times.
2-8 mm of rain forecast for Saturday and 3 games wouldn't help the ground.
by Columbo
Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |