Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Great to see the above comments.
This system is a restriction on trade and as clubs we all have sponsors and members to answer to.
This also makes you wonder is the board of the SFL representing the best interest of the clubs or just bowing to the CFB ?

Business model, restriction of trade, answer to members and sponsors.
This is grass roots football.
What about developing juniors. and a couple of top up players.

Here Here Ol Man Emu!!! Finally someone talking sense. What Merit and future is there in making a break away super league. How about clubs put more time and money into sorting out club culture and their juniors for sustained development instead of trying to bring in all these outside players and ask for extra points and win flags.

This is local footy, going to a local ground on a Saturday and watching all 5 grades play is what is it all about. Instead people want to take this special occurence out and let Money dictate again.
by Luke15
Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Genuine question. Is it right that two composite sides, Noarlunga/Aldinga and Cove/Mv are higher on the ladder than Porties and the twisters in the U/18's?

They have won more games, so that generally happens on the ladder
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

I'm on the senior committee of my club. I also captain the A grade team. I also manage the player and coach budget, I'm on the recruiting committee, and handle the APPS allocation. And I'm happy to submit three player payment summaries a year. I would rather see more funds directed into junior development or club facilities to help make it a sustainable place to be for my kids when they're old enough to play.
We've never got close to the player payment cap coming in. We probably never will. If it means working a bit harder to make sure we comply by doing the right thing, I'll do it.
by OnSong
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Just heard that SFL legend and Happy Valley head trainer for the last 3 decades Hank Middleton has retired because he is seriously unwell. Reckon every club in the league has a player Hank has helped at when big injuries happen

Top bloke will be greatly missed around the club - raising a (light) beer for you Hank
=D> =D> =D>

Geez he will leave a big hole at HV, hope he gets well soon.
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |