Search found 44 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

The article in the Budget should immediately preclude the author from any decision making with respect to relegation - full stop!
Echunga gained another 10 points yesterday so is now well off the bottom of the points table.
Common sense must now prevail and possible sanctions put in place to ensure this type of fiasco can not rear it's ugly head again.
Surely this is an opportunity for the truly responsible members of the HFL board to come to the fore and show some real direction for both Central and Country divisions.
They have the chance to make intelligent change moving forward - so let's hope they grasp it and not blow it - again!
As a member of the local footy community I was embarrassed to see the comments made in the Budget as I would hope the HFL is also.
The game yesterday was an absolute ripper and something the HFL should be proud of - not embarrassed by.

Legs Man

Your posts over the past 2-3 months have clearly showed your unbridled passion for your club - well done. Sometimes they have made me smile and sometimes they have me shaking my head. But, I'm worried that your fixation on the HFL Board and promotion/relegation issue has become so consuming that it's now overriding the enjoyment you should be feeling over the achievement of your A grade team.

My advice is to just enjoy the week and support your boys.

Then, once it's over, let the relegation issue play itself out after Clubs receive the findings of the HFL Review Panel. You may have nothing to worry about. To keep sniping at the HFL Board, the Final Siren editor, or to cling to the forlorn hope that finals matches count in the points race just has you coming across as a little bit manic.

The efforts of the Echunga A grade team has been tremendous and have taken everyone by surprise. Good luck in the Grand Final, I'd love to see you beat the cabbage-cutters.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great work Echunga, good to see them stick it up the league
by Jim05
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When will you idiots learn. It's not echunga's fault, nor is it really the hfl's fault. If the hfl is run by the clubs then the blame should be spread equally between all of the clubs for allowing this to happen.
As for getting stuck into Echunga on this forum, did to not learn anything form last year. I am sure I could find numerous comments on this forum as to how they wouldn't win a game. That worked well didn't it. They obviously have a very strong club spirit and will not lay down easily. Is this really a bear you want to poke???
How about you worry about getting a kick yourself, or of you are not a player how about don't something to improve your club instead just using one hand to type rubbish on a forum!
by R. White
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Either Rock & Has been or Running Defender & Legsman will have egg on their faces next year. Someone is very wrong here about the taxpayer issue & I will be watching with interest, until then can we move on from it.

Now the decision by the court has been made, regardless of which side we are on, lets accept it & come together for the betterment of the HFL as a whole. This means stopping the abuse of the
-current board
-by-laws (no matter how badly written)
-other clubs
-other clubs officials etc
-other forum users
& instead lets make constructive suggestions on how to improve our great league. I love living in the Adelaide Hills (have been here most of my life) and I love footy in the Hills. This has been an embarrassment to us all & regardless of which side we are on, all parties have some fault here for this mess.
by cracka
Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Another good round coming up and hopefully some good weather saturday will make some for more free flowing football, Here's my tips;

Blackwood V Echunga- Blackwood will have a serious challenge this week, Bricknell and maybe Woods will come back into the side whilst Carey will still be down at the crows for the Dees. However, Im not sure that will matter much as echunga on a fine day are the best team in the comp as they are quick and move the ball extremely well. Cranna will be to mobile for Herbert in the ruck and will beat him around the ground, whilst Lindsay, Jennings, Edwards and Co will be to strong in the midfield and will give AIsh and Harland plenty of scoring chances. Minuzzo, Catford and a few other young guys have been playing well for the Woods but echunga are just a bit to good for the woods. Echunga by 6 goals.
TV V Ironbank- Well we have the very tricky task of heading to Mt Torrens to take on a quality outfit. How to stop the three pronged forward set up of Boras and the Ellis Bros is hard enough but when you have the midfield class of O'sullivan, Hanna and Montgomery it's impossible to stop it from getting down there as they just dominate the middle. If we can get on top in the middle then we are a chance, Hitchcock, muirden and the rest of the midfield need to play big games. We prefer the fine weather which lets us run but still it's going to be a tough task to beat TV and whilst my heart says we can win my head says TV by 5 goals.
Barker V Onkas- The battle between the two winless teams, Barker have been rather disappointing so far whilst Onkas have been competitive but have just lacked the class with some key outs. Hughes appears to be playing a lone hand for the Roos at the minute in the midfield and it's time the others stood up and helped him. Onkas on the other hand need Tanner and Co back ASAP, if they return this week then there a big chance but if not Barker should be a bit to good. I still think Barker have to come good at some stage and im tipping it to be this week. Barker by 4 goals.
Lobethal V Lofty- Lobethal finally got a win last week and they will be extremely happy having seen a good weather forecast for this saturday as they can use their running game again. Lofty again competed hard as they always do but TV were just a little bit to good. If lobe arent switched on then they will be in trouble but if they are on Baust and Co will be running a muck on the wide expanses of Lobethal this week as they are very hard to stop on their ground with their run, carry and spread. Miles and burch once again are keys in the middle whilst Nielsen will kick a few but Lobe are just a bit to good all over the ground especially on a nice day. Lobethal by 8 goals.
Uraidla V Hahndorf- Hahndorf are up and about after 2 wins on the trot and will be full of confidence running into one of the best teams in competition in uraidla. Uraidla just keep winning as they always do, some of their young players are stepping up this year such as Gepp, Young, Etc which gives them a nice blend of youth and experience. The magpies are quite an even side with a good midfield in Paul, Tripodi and Hankin, whilst young male is playing particularly well so far this year. Hahndorf will challenge uraidla but I cant see them winning as Uris have to much class in Ivens, Delvins, Eberts, Etc and will kick away late in the day. Uris by 4 goals.
by batmanbegins
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another big week coming up, the top 3 appear to be separating themselves from the pack but Lobethal appear to be hitting their straps also whilst some teams are desperate for a win;

Onkas V Uraidla- Onkas have been competitive in all bar one game but just keep falling away in the last half/quarter, they were up against barker on saturday at 3/4 time but just couldnt hold on. This week though there going to need a 4 quarter effort to be any chance, hopefully they get a couple of good players back also. Uris just keep going and in the wet they are particularly hard to beat with their big strong bodies around the ball, Ivens, delvins and richards appear to be in fine form which is scary for the rest of the comp but also the youngsters are stepping up which bodes well for the future. Uris will be much to strong and win by 6 goals.
Backwood V TV- TV had a good win against us whilst blackwood seriously challenged the dees last week. Blackwood have picked up Wong who should be handy, Bricknell and Thompson have been fantastic pick ups plus the ever reliable magarey, herbert and edwards are playing well. However, TV is hard to stop with their 3 key forwards and quality midfield giving them plenty of supply its near impossible to stop but if the woods get their captain fittingly named woods back that will help as long as thompson down back they may have a decent chance to stop them. Ive got a feeling blackwood may cause an upset, the woods by 2 goals.
Lofty V Barker- Lofty would be disappointed by last week and will respond in kind this week, whilst barker finally got of the duck with their first win. With rain expected and probably a boggy mt lofty oval, lofty are well suited to win as they are probably better in the wet conditions and it will also hurt Barkers running game. Miles and Nielsen as always are the keys to lofty, basically stop one of them and your half way to a win. Hill is hitting form for barker, whilst Hughes has been fantastic as always but there appears to be to few trying doing to much for the roos. Going with barker by a goal but not at all surprised if lofty get up.
Bankers V Lobethal- Lobe are coming of a big win, where as we are coming off a loss where we squandered a lot of chances especially in the 2nd quarter by all account (I wasnt there but I heard that). FIsher is looking ominous up forward for lobe and baust is hitting top form plus young kruse played a good one on the weekend and will be excited to play against his old club. Hitchcock played well by all accounts and is hitting top form, Keeley, Thomas and young Tags are all playing good footy down back and with I believe Motlop and Martin returning this week we will have everybody back baring our young ruck recruit for the first time this year. In saying that Lobe are all class and will be a little bit to strong by 2 goals.
Hahndorf V Echunga- Hahndorf have been really impressive this year, Hourigan has been a great recruit whilst there young guys are all getting better and Purling is as good as ever. Echunga are going strong, Guy is a big in this year, lindsay is a star and Cranna would be the best ruck in the comp this year. This will be a great battle, If Hahndorf have Handby and Wittwer then the game is 50/50 but if they dont i'd say the dees would be favourites. The Robert's Bros are going to need to step up in the ruck and give Paul, Tripodi and Co first use of the pill but Jennings and Co are to hard to stop. Carey will be a big out again but the others are stepping up in his absence. Echunga by 1 point.
by batmanbegins
Thu May 07, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Lads been busy this week, here they are;
Onkas V Echunga- Onkas have been really competitive and it's good to see tanner and Hausler back but there just lacking a bit of class with Green and a few others still out to be able to beat most teams. Echunga will be wanting to make up for last week but if Edwards, Edmonds and Co are still out, Onkas may fancy their chances. Cranna will be to good in the ruck for ferraro which will give first use to lindsay, Jennings and Guy and once their on top good luck stopping Harland and Aish up forward. However, in Tanner, Klun and Mcgoo the dogs have a very good midfield but I think the Dees just have to much class all around the ground. Dees by 7 goals.
Hahndorf V Blackwood- This should be a cracker of a match, The woods need to win otherwise will slip to 2 and 4, whilst the Dorf would cement themselves in the 5 with a win. Handby was a handy inclusion last week but the young kids appear to be stepping up for the magpies to go along with the ever reliable Purling, Hankin and paul. The Woods by all accounts should of been up at half time against TV last week but poor kicking hurt them which they wont want to repeat this week. Thompson has been a great pick up and is dominating down back but it's time some of the young guns stepped up and stopped the reliance on the evergreens in Magarey, Herbert and Edwards. It's hard to go past the dorf at home, Hourigan to kick 6 and the Maggies to win by 3 goals.
Barker V Ironbank- Huge game for both sides, whoever wins will equal their wins and losses but whoever loses will go 2 and 4. Barker are coming of 2 wins and will be gaining confidence, Whilst we are coming of a big win and Motlop will return for certain this week which is a handy in. Barker like a few sides have a few key outs, whilst we will be missing de visser again but have mainly a full side. Thomas, Tags and Keeley have been outstanding for the bankers over the last few weeks providing a lot of run and carry, Whilst our midget forward line stepped up last week with Van den berg and Shearwood kicking a few. Hughes is one of the best players in the Comp for Barker and is all class, Hill has been kicking goals and Nunan is always hard to stop but they appear to be relying on to few to do to much at the minute. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Lobethal V Torrens- Game of the round, Dont be fooled by Lobe's ladder position they are a better side than that and I expect them to stand up this week. TV are one of the best sides in the comp, their just loaded with talent and who knows how to stop the Ellis Bros and Boras. Montgomery is a gun, O'sullivan is all class and Eichner and Co are all very good players in the midfield plus Renshaw controls the defensive 50. Bampton was very good last week for the tigers but Baust, Jenkins and Nitschke will need to lift to their usual standards as they need to control the middle to win this game. FIsher, WIlls and Co up forward could get on top of TV's defense if Lobe's mids get on top. Surely Callum Schild will come up from the Bs as he is way to good to be playing B grade, which would add another handy tall as well. I'm going to tip an upset just cause it's at Lobe and Lobe are a very good running side. Lobethal by 2 goals.
Uraidla V Lofty- Well good luck lofty, Beating Uraidla ar Uraidla is the hardest task in hills football and I just cant see them doing it. Lofty would be filthy after 10 minutes of bad footy cost them a game last week and should come out strong this week but their reliance on Miles, Nielsen and a few others is just to much to win to many games. Uraidla are just cruising along as per usual, Ivens, Richards and Delvins are playing very well, also young gepp is stepping up in the forward 50. Not much to say for this game other than lofty will try their hearts out but Uraidla will simply be to strong all around the ground. Uris by however much they choose to win by. (Hopefully Lofty people dont get annoyed by that, as I know we lost to you guys and you were far to good, I just think Uraidla are a very good side)
by batmanbegins
Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see where Jars played B Grade for Ironbank yesterday, must have a lot of injuries.

Quite a few injuries in both grades at the minute Spot on. That's the way footy goes sometimes, we have had quite a few injuries in juniors also but it was good to see all sides fight hard yesterday and the A grade after quarter time were terrific yesterday and almost managed to get over the line but just fell short in the end. Jars is quite helpful to some of the younger B grade guys with his voice and really helps them out whilst playing which is good to see.
by batmanbegins
Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bit early to do a complete review of each team as not all the clearances are through but I'll give a ladder prediction;

Hahndorf- Hard to go past the reigning premiers, have added matsen, Nick Hankin and Wyld. Matsen in particular should be a star and there midfield depth is quite incredible with the likes of Paul, Tripodi, male brothers, Hankin brothers and a few others. I believe Jaryn Male and Sam Hayden are down at a SANFL club so they may be losses but they have a lot of depth and size all round the ground. They have 3 quality ruckman, best forward and one of the best backman in the competition to back up their quality middle.
Mt Barker- Form team of the comp in the second half of the year last year. Showed the difference that injuries make as once they got a full side they were smashing everyone. Lost the A-Z brothers and a couple of other solid players but a few players like James Hughes, Brooks, Higgs and lores who all had injury hit seasons last year should be good to go from round 1. If pope is able to come back at some stage this year it could make them the team to beat.
Lobethal- Don't appear to have changed much, lost Schild and Williams who were ok A graders but not going to hurt them to much. I was big on them last year but they had a disappointing season where they were very inconsistent. There best is very good as shown by the fact they smoked uraidla twice but then they lost to Onkas and Ironbank. There main issue is the bottom half of their side who can be let them down at time as there top dozen are all class led by the Jenkins, Baust and wills.
Uraidla- New coach will be interesting to see and whether a few have retired will also be interesting but they will be up there again as there just very good. Ebert is a nice in but to be honest they need pace not more inside players as shown in the past few GF's. Having Thomas and Tudor-sourtos all year round will be nice as they are all class and we know how good Delvins and Ivens are but I just think they may slip a bit unless they get some more outside runners.
Blackwood- Picked up Anderson and Djksman who will be very handy. They have missed the finals for a few years now which would annoy them but I think they will be back in this year. The two Westies recruits last year were very handy and add the two new ones this year and they will take another step forward. Atkinson will be a good in all year round and they have the best depth in the comp assuming none of the key players get injured, which no team can deal with. The loss of dundovic may hurt but personally I thought they were very one Dimensional with him.
TV- Probably should be higher with all their talent but having seen them last year I just found them to be a bit lazy and didn't really like it when it got hard as shown in the finals. Montgomery is a huge loss as he is all class and obviously the Ellis boys are gone but that is for the best to stop the infighting. Ex captain Thompson returns and he adds some defensive pressure, Ex Junior Walkley is an underrated pickup also and they have picked up ex tailem Bend ruckman Thursby. O'Sullivan and Boras will dominate again and Giadresco is very good but I think they may miss the finals.
Ironbank- Bit Biased as most people may have us lower but have picked up Yeomans, Wendleborn, Munn, Searle, Harradine, Pitson and Ottoway. Lost Hitchcock and De visser who will be missed obviously but not as much as others think (We were better the year before without them and only Motlop as a big name). An underrated loss is keeley who was very good down back last year. Played almost 50 players last year due to a horror run with injury and assuming everyone is fit we will be much better as we were 5 and 5 before collapsing after an embarrassing loss to Mt Lofty. Still lack size and probably depth to beat the other teams however but certainly not easy beats.
Echunga- Huge losses in Harland, Cranna, Liston and Lindsay. The loss of Cranna is huge as he was there only ruckman and obviously a very good one at that. Don't appear to have recruited much and don't have much depth in the B grade to offset the losses. Still have plenty of good players like Jennings, Guy, Maslin, Edwards and Fleet but they don't have much size at all now Aish may have to kick 80 goals for them to be in the 5. To much will be left too to few this year unless they gain some players soon.
Onkas- Picked up a few handy players like O'brien who should do alright. Personally I think there best recruit is the return of Damien green from injury as they missed him massively last year. I can't see them moving up the ladder to much even with their recruits as they were a long way behind the pack last year. There midfield will have improved as they were far to slow in their last year but Still lack some class in my opinion.
Mt Lofty- picked up a couple of OK players and young Radbone returning is very handy. Also the return of O'brien will be good as he is a tackling maching but unless Miles returns soon they will struggle. Lucky for them they play us in round 1 and considering that was their only wins last year they would be expecting a good start to the year. Will be competitive as they always are and Burch, Nielsen, van Paridon and Clements will be very good but they are relied on heavily. Unfortunately I can see another long year ahead for the Devs.

Can't wait to see how wrong I am this year :)
by batmanbegins
Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

dutchy

CAN WE HAVE SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE ON??

More luck than skill.. Bet Morphett Vale are just wrapped to be fronting Hackham the week before finals commence?
by vics01
Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maroon coats at the SFL have finally come up with a plan and I reckon it stinks. Playing a C grade/Div 2 on a Saturday is never going to work. Most C graders work then that's why they play Sundays.

Time to p*ss off Marion and Lonsdale and get another strong club like Blackwood to join the league and it will be back to the glory days

Just a question, not trying to be nasty but why would any club leave their current league and nominate to play in the SFL?
I'd be more concerned with which clubs will be leaving and what will be left of the SFL.

Our competition used to be a great one but it turned to crap when the two divisions merged. I assume the SFL was trying to force a couple of the weaker clubs to amalgamate/fold/leave by merging the divisions, leaving us with a strong 12-13 team comp. You can't blame them for trying but it was clear after a few years that it had not worked and would not work. That is when something should have been done. We're now left with a shell of a comp which will only get weaker and, in reality, will be gone within five years. Too little too late ...
by RFC 2010
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day the SFL will be fine. 9 strong clubs that have all been mostly competitive this season fielding 4 teams on a Saturday. Should be a great comp. I worry a little for Aldinga but they appear to be on the right path.

One piece of history that should never be forgotten is that the Div 2 clubs never had a choice. The SFL forced us into one division and that decision alone has caused a lot of collateral damage along the way. Forced merger of O'Sullivan Beach and Lonsdale (DIV 2 A grade premiers), Hackham gone, Kangarilla, Morphettville, Brighton leaving. Edwardstown came and went. In 2001 we had very lopsided divisions (11 teams div 1 and 6 div 2) but with the pressure intensifying to relegate the club of prominent SFL board member's looming the cunning plan of forcing 1 division was hatched!! The SFL has somehow managed to lose 10 or 11 club's since the late 90's. So many opportunities along the way to right the wrong but it is too little too late now.

As a club we are certainly not blameless for the position we are in, we have made plenty of mistakes along the way and not always had the right people in the right places. Our A grade made finals 3 season's in a row 2005-2007 but a series of event's sent us on a downward spiral of which we have not recovered. 7 years at the bottom is a long time in football and too many loyal club people are beaten down both physically and mentally. The SFL is a strong competition that demands high standards - we have not delivered either on or off the field.

I know i speak on behalf of all member's when i say we never wanted the club we love to leave the SFL but we are now faced with the sad reality of 3 options:
-Die in div one next season
-play C grade comp (not an option)
-look for another league to rebuild the club.

A vote must still happen to ratify any move but the general consensus seemed to be strong toward leaving. As a club we want to not only survive but thrive so in reality there is only one choice. Time to move forward. Going to be a lot of new hurdle's to face but i look forward to the challenge. This will give many involved with the club a new lease of life. There are too many bloody good people involved at the club to not to give it a red hot crack!
by lion heart
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

One good thing about Daylight Saving kicking in tonight is that we lose an hour of whinging about umpires.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Dutchy wrote:Image

I can't stand this f*ckwit!
How he has remained employed all these years is beyond me.

Whilst I feel for the majority of crows supporters, It's morons like him that give us non crows supporters great delight in seeing them lose.
by amber_fluid
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

I reckon a few of us mentioned before the GF that if Lever wasn't signing on then they should drop him but got scoffed at, hindsight hey?
Never should have dropped him.

If you don't want to be at a club that is playing in the biggest game of the year, doesn't instill much confidence in the other players.
As they say footy is played above the shoulders
Waft.

NRL has players change clubs every year, sign with other clubs for the following season mid year, and there hasn't been any issues. Ben Hunt of the Broncos signed a 6yr deal with St George mid-year, was still in the Broncos starting line up right through the finals and still gave 110% and wasn't treated any different.

Cooper Cronk of the Storm just led them to a premiership, and he's expected to move to Sydney next year - he wasn't condemned, but celebrated for his career at the club.

Players change clubs, who cares, about time people stopped being so damn precious about it.
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Emus in massive trouble. No money in the bank, lost over half their senior squad from last year and a coach that nobody has been impressed with the way he goes about it. Could be the worst decision in a very long time that really brings them to their knees.

Looks like a few 17.5's are on the move as well, Have they appointed a B grade coach yet?
The president isn't respected, lots of rumours going around.
Are they in denial and think everything is going well, or is someone currently not involved going to step in and right the ship?
Time will tell it will either be sunshine and rainbows or very dark days.

Oldman.
Could not be further from the truth regarding money in the bank.
The Morphett Vale Football Club is in the best financial position we have been in for a very long time.
We are not rich but all bills are paid and we have a bit of change in the bank, which is very good for us this time of the year.
You are correct that we have lost a number of players to cashed up clubs, paying ridiculous amounts of money.
We don't pay that sort of money and have been a breeding ground for cashed up clubs for a long time.
We are very happy with the coach, we appointed Dave to get our culture back to where it used to be because it has been slipping for a
few years.
The players that have stayed are really enjoying the training sessions and they will be fit and ready to go.
I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.

Demon Fan.
Very disappointed to lose 4 under 17.5 but that is life. Reserves coach has been appointed and president has the respect at the
Morphett Vale Football Club.
We are not in denial we know where we are at, we definitely are in rebuild mode.
We have a great bunch of kids busting there guts to play for the Morphett Vale jumper.
We have some good senior players who also want to play for Morphett Vale and not money.
We have a few players returning who didn't play last year, also playing for the jumper.

Definitely not all doom and gloom at the Morphett Vale Football Club.
We are a grass roots football club that promotes junior footballers.
Who knows what the season will bring regarding win loss.
I'm exited bring on 2018.
by ol man emu
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Social media in particular SA Footy is part of the problem. The Div 6 and Div 7 forums are already up to 40 pages for 2018 and the season is still 10 days away. When I played Ammos it was exactly that - amateur. Although back in the late 80's some of the Div 1 and Div 2 clubs were clearly buying brown paper bags for more than the mixed lollies in the canteen. In those days, other than the scores in the Sunday Mail with best and goals for the A grades only, the only other vehicle for ones name getting a mention was a small write up in the Footy Times each week. But the passion showed by the likes of Bedge, Morell etc. on SA Footy and the constant reference to some of the better players running around in these divisions only serves to inflate the ego and perceived value of blokes who would struggle to get a regular A grade game at many clubs or at least command no more than the base rate for an A grade game. I don't know what the solution is because the clubs in the weakest country leagues are probably paying players similar to the stronger country leagues which equates much the same to paying players whether you are Div 1 or Div 7. But it's rather sad how clubs are forced to survive these days when they were originally established to provide a recreational outlet with organised competition for their local communities, with absolutely no intention of one day having to pay people to participate.
by Down the Hill
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

what you upset that Sullies aren’t gonna get the easy ride they thought in this div? Have a think about it

We’ve hardly won a game in 6/7 years and you think we think this will be easy?. Never heard a single person within the club say we will get an easy ride to a flag. We’re new to travelling, playing on ovals we’ve never seen before and so far have had two tightly contested battles. We are learning to win again as club and we are really enjoying our experiences in the AdFL.
You might not think it.. but I bet you’re quality recruits who have all flooded back to the club think it was gonna be that easy

Nah mate your wrong.. anyway define recruits, 17 from yesterday’s side have played 100+ games for the club most of them also played juniors for us. Of the quality returns only Trev Rigney and Jeff Lines have spent extended time away from the club. Dan Loveridge (played 200th senior game for us yesterday) and Adam Rigney spent one season away. On top of that 17 we have 3 x 17/18 year olds so that makes 20 of yesterday’s side that you can’t class as “recruits”. In fact only 1 player could be classed a recruit and that is Max Cooper who came to the club with a mate. Most of yesterday’s team played for us last season.

In fact we lost some gun “recruits” from last season most notably Polec to Pulteney, Francis and Carr to Kilburn, Wheadon to Port Adelaide, Papagozlov to Aldinga. Almost all of these guys are featuring in the bests/ goals for their current clubs. These guys were recruited to the club so we could survive in a very strong competition..now we are at our level and I am loving the fact we are starting to feel like a real footy club again. It’s not fun when the club you love is knocking on heavens door like we were to end last season.
by lion heart
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 confabulation

Our skills weren’t great but loved our intensity today. Score flattered Port in the end. Loved the look of Guelfi on debut and great to see Worsfold realise that Stringer is a forward and Hooker is an AA defender
by Jim05
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

starboy wrote:Ironbank $eem to be on the right track with recruit$. Coach Well$ doing a great job.
Name all these recruit$ and how much you think they are paid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aldinga FC needs to seriously consider a move to Div 2 of the HFL. A comp with two divisions can only help this club build some success. Get some success and people will come and stay at your club. Could have done that with a 2 division SFL but some clubs didn't want to swallow their pride and play div 2 footy [emoji849]
by heater31
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Let's sift through the fifth

I’ll Probably upset everyone but I don’t give a f**k, there is one Anzac Day and it’s tomorrow, for mine all the presentations and ceremonies before and after games thus far takes the gloss of the actual occasion of what tomorrow is and what it stands for.

With this being said I was the first to stand silent, hat off and pay my respects but IMO Anzac Day is 25/04/2018 Collingwood v Essendon

No doubt with all the love on the forum no one will actually say what they think in case they upset someone. I’m sure traditionalist will agree but what have the balls to say it
by carey
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

This is from their Facebook page
Mixed results today with the U13s, U15s, U18s and B grade all recording solid wins over Loxton North. However the story of the day was the A grade unfortunately recording a loss, bringing to an end an incredible 30 game winning streak. Despite dominating the game, Waikerie mistakenly fielded 18 players at the beginning of the 4th quarter when we should have only had 17 due to a yellow card send off late in the 3rd. (New rules introduced by the RFL in 2018 dictate that a player who is yellow carded and therefore sent off for 10 minutes of play, can not be replaced by another player during that 10 minute period.)
Loxton North called a “count” and with an extra player on field, Waikerie’s score of 12.10 was wiped. Despite kicking 3 goals 5 to Loxton Norths 2 points in the last quarter, it wasn’t enough to close the gap, with Waikerie going down by 17 points.
by jack sparow
Sun May 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

MW wrote:How's the f.wit ambulance chasers Tom Browne and Mark Stevens reporting on this before it was public....always need to be first with these c.nts

Mark Stevens rivals Scott Morrison as the biggest brown noser in the country. He is an absolute flog of a human.
by Booney
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under pressure.......

Yep, bit like dead heat in the Melbourne Cup, you win but it isn't as good as winning by yourself.

If Taylor was clearly the No. 1 choice he would still be sole captain.
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4 - Just don't touch anyone

Keen to see big Sammy Draper get a run this week.
by Jim05
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Eddie Betts becomes the sixth Aboriginal footballer to play 300 AFL games. joining, Goodes. O'Loughlin, Wanganeen, Mcleod and Burgoyne.

Five born here in SA and Mcleod in the NT.

Great effort by all of them.
Who do you rate the best out of them all, I would go for McLeod.

Hard to argue about that.

If not him, for consistency, Burgoyne. He is still playing very good football and may play 400.

Always hard to split champions.
by DOC
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Mark Harvey is there as an assistant. I'm not throwing Worsfold under the bus though.
Jim05 did years ago!
Yep, he is a dud.
Was the right person at the time as we needed a good people person to guide us through that difficult period but he has admitted he isn’t great game day and others will back that up. It doesn’t sit well with me that he splits his time between Melbourne and Perth and I think a head coach must have 100% buy in
by Jim05
Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GO TO DIV 7 AMMOS or stop fielding MENS TEAMS and wasting everybodys time and money.[/quote]

You are a total tool and lack any knowledge of the AFC or the SFL , your constant dribble of the ammos :lol: is laughable !! Why dont you spend your energy supporting Kilburn or Salisbury West .
by shoe boy
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't agree with you more Shoe Boy. My belief is they should be subsidizing junior fees. not cash grabbing an extra $10.

Junior participation is so critical to our game, this is very short sighted IMO.
by pantherman
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Brown will be 28 at the start of next season (he is older than I thought)

He will not be around when North are contending again, I have zero doubts a club will offer him a good deal and North will be adequately compensated.

Collingwood/Brisbane possible suitors The sad thing is if Daniher leaves I could see us chasing Brown which would be a huge mistake IMO
by Jim05
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see the bombers have delisted, Towsend, Gleeson, Dylan Clark and Crauford. Thought Clarke is a bit stiff. Clark and Gleeson will possibly be re-rookied but cuts in list size did them no favours. Both are nothing special though so no great loss.
Happy to get rid of Townsend and Crauford was a rookie with back issues
by Jim05
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sports.tg crashed again.
Someone remind me what century we're in?
by tigerpie
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Spargo wrote:
cracka wrote:Are the Simon Goodwin critics/haters still out there.

Let’s revisit in September.

Mark Williams deserves the credit for their rise
by Brodlach
Mon May 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

In the end we are still nowhere near good enough. Probably our worst game of the year

Miles ahead of where youve been for yonks though .. If I were you guys Id keep focussing on the draft like the Dogs did 10 years ago, youve got some excellent kids, a couple more quality young ones for added depth and longevity and you're going better than at anytime since your last flag I reckon
by JK
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 16 ARE WE OR ARENT WE

Olympic hopeful, Connor Rozzee, has gone past becoming a flog, he is well and truly there. I used to like watching him play when he was finding his feet and understood his place in the game. He is now full of himself, this really grinds my gears especially when has achieved absolutely nothing in the game!!
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong

Wedgie wrote:Daisy Pearce being chased by several clubs for various role but Cats the front runner with an offer of assistant coach.

I’m all for it if it gets her out of the commentary box.
by Spargo
Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1, 2022 - Tips, banter & results.

Kaine Baldwin to debut against the Cats. Been a long road for the kid but finally gets his chance
by Jim05
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Footy Classified - Don't you just want to rip the hair out of Sam McClure's head, what a shit hairdo. Shit bloke too.
by Vamos
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - 2022

Dutchy wrote:Matt Hill calling the Richmond/Saints game 8)

He is already better than most
by DOC
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the rise in COVID cases, just wondering how many clubs get players to sanitiser hands during training and/or wipe the footy's down half way through training?

Or are some playing while positive and should be in iso?

No matter your stance on the current covid scenario if you are knowingly positive and still playing then you’re an incredibly selfish person. Good way to put a large chunk of players and volunteers at your club out of action for at least 1-2 weeks.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

May deserved a belt in the mouth if the comment is true. And for boozing while injured (2nd offence).
As said above, that'll stay with melksham and mess with him forever now.

That's the problem with the world.
Say whatever, wherever, whenever with total impunity.

Some of us older blokes grew up on respect, knowing if you pissed a bloke off you could get a punch in the gob!
Call me a dinosaur but the system worked lol.
by tigerpie
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Redman commits to another 5 years at Essendon.

Excellent news.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Finals

Good to see Gil saving money and getting some random chick out the crowd to butcher the anthem ;)

Since when have we had to remove hats for the anthem
It's not an Australian National Anthem protocol nor has it ever been but a lot of people are easily pursuaded by Yanks these days.
Not a country I'd be trying to mimic.
Nothing to do with being persuaded or mimicking, more to do with respect.
by Spargo
Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |