Search found 35 matches

Return

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Dr Phil wrote:you are right carey this forum is ****** without phantom and moses. need an amnesty.

I heard at the pub yesterday that this Phantom bloke might be back on the forum after quitting Enfield. I don’t care who the bloke plays for now I’ll still smash his left arm garbage out the park
by Milly
Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Lutheran and Enfield can finish anywhere from 1st to 6th
Rose Park, NEK, Fitzroy and Seaton can finish anywhere from 1st to 7th
Para Vista can finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th

These are all realistic situations too and don't rely on teams scoring 500 or whatever to make up huge amounts of bonus points.

There will be a heap of bonus points where I play after I smash the bowlers to all parts
by Milly
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:Drove past rosewater last night and seen horse out there training...., is he going around again??

Surely not. Or could it be another one of hiscomebacks?? Maybe he sees another medal to add to his prized collections.

His collection has nothing on yours B4EVA
by Milly
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dancing in the rain wrote:wow NEK changing comps. dutchy retiring. baldo to turf. its all hapening at manoora street.

Boy they did take that last round results bad. Miss finals and sook and leave comp. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you bunch of sooks
by Milly
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
Dr Phil wrote:
Rose Lakes get upset if you take thier area.

:lol: I have been made aware of this and has been noted for future reference. They come a cross as a precious lot ;)

No worries Dougy :lol:

And Dr.Phil stick to watching Power games during the footy season
by Milly
Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:What about a scorer? I nominate the Rose PK bloke.

Get back in your box Arch44. Until you've won multiple premierships or have a reputation that exceeds Rob O'Gorman all you will be known for is being the best Dougy Bollinger lookalike in this comp
by Milly
Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it just me, but is madness sending Trinity OS, Mawson Lakes, Rosewater, Lockley's and BOS to Mitcham???? :shock: Hardly geographically favourable for any of those clubs, and any 50-50 supporter asked to go to Mitcham to fork out whatever it is at the gate are going to say 'No thanks'. Good work SAAFL for killing off any chance of there being a bumper crowd there, particularly with the dry weather forecast :evil:
by Milly
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Having spoken to the captains of Fitzroy, Rose Park & Adelaide Lutheran I know that all of these would prefer umpires every week. Sounds like we are looking after the minority here.
by Milly
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are there umpires in the A grade this game? Need to know to get my tips right
by Milly
Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2old2slow wrote:milly could you see carey taking on umpiring?

Only if there a bakery near by
by Milly
Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Ramco forming quite a formidable squad this year. Some very good signings over the past couple weeks.
by Milly
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Brahma Lodge players are going around saying they'll win the Flag by 20 goals, I have a severe case of deja vu here
by Milly
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moorook Gun Lenny Campbell & ex Tea Tree Gully Div 1 Player Ben Noske both to Ramco, Big INS!
by Milly
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramco's Rob O'Gorman will win the Independents Medal. Mark it down
by Milly
Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barmera young gun Brodie Fridd to Ramco :shock:
by Milly
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went and watched Brahma Lodge V Hougtin today for a bit fun of fun. Must say I love the Brahma Lodge way of shaking a tag on a bloke, just clothes line him behind play and make sure he can't play any more of the game. Also I did see number 22 from Lodge belt a bloke in the nuts and then run for his life and sook about every call the ump made. This same bloke walked to the bench in the first quarter because the ball wasn't getting kicked to him lol.
Brahma Lodge made no effort today to change what everyone thinks of that club. Yes you might have a good year but I look forward to when everybody walks for a bigger pay cheque and u ask to go down another couple of grades.
by Milly
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would like to extend my thanks to the TOS supporters who thought it would be a great idea to hurl abuse and swear constantly at my 13yo boundary umpire in the B grade, who finished the game in tears..

.. Now I've got to find another volunteer, and unfortunate that a young kid has been turned away.

Stay classy pack of tossers

Thats very disappointing to hear. Thats not the image the club would like to have presented publicly. We of all clubs should understand how hard it is to obtain volunteers on match days, thus my disappointment in the matter..

I won't be engaging in a slanging match or anything like that, if this was the case we apologise and accept our actions aren't good enough and will be dealing with it internally. However, the 'stay classy' line was a bit rich one would think..
I'm pretty confident the rules of the league say any boundary or goal umpire need to be 14 years of age?
by Milly
Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ex Div 1 Star & one of the best players to ever play SAAFL in Glen Mount about to sign for Ramco this week! :shock:
by Milly
Tue May 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's just say he is getting paid to play C grade football and we can all move on to this weekend's fixtures :D
Fine, you win.. [-( :lol:
Haha great use of the emoji's and a proud winner right here :partyman:
But i don't want to win on here, I want to win to Saturday.
Hoping the result is much different to that in round 1. BL had a fair few new players in the side who hadn't played together that day but have now played 9 games together so should be a more aware of each other's abilities and strengths which should put us in a better position to tackle who I think is the best team in the competition. I think we have the ability and the talent in the side to match it with them... Will be a good test to see where BL are really at.

:roll: think most would agree Zartan wins on points. For a club doing what is rumored (yes clearly we shouldn't be talking about Brahma's fiscal advantage I know) most looking from the outside, would consider anything less than a premiership at Brahma land would make them look like a joke.......again :evil:
by Milly
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2017

Demon Juke wrote:
Suri wrote:
ad.png

Bit ruff advertising for a "B" Grade coach when they have even started their finals yet!

Is it bit ruff that that "B" Grade Coach is already applying at other clubs even though they haven't started finals yet?
by Milly
Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spoke with timmy last week did say some interest around as there should be did say was having meeting with hamley bridge as was dene Steele, as steely keen to play were timmy goes so maybe both off to Victor.handy pick ups!!!!!
I heard Aloisi, Steele and Motley (when suspension over) all off to Adel Plains. Forget the club that was named, but decent $$.

Spriggs back to Gepps Cross and Tyson Lees to Kersbrook.

So the good old Brahma Lodge buy success round about is back in force!

Without juniors, it will never change.

There are a few clubs in this grade who dont have juniors and go ok.
I understand clubs have to pay out money,but i think it comes down to attracting people to your club that are going to be there for a few years and not blokes who walk after one years as seems to be the case at BL?
by Milly
Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

With some peoples thought process we better put Glenunga in Div 5 now with those recruits lol
by Milly
Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Cant believe this is still going.
If the MP coach has came out and said its is fine and looking for forward to the challenge, then that should be enough.
The MP coach spent a fair amount of time at PH and would know a lot more about the PH players than someone who spent 18 weeks with them, coaching the B grade but not even hanging around for all the A grade games.
Good luck to PH and i really think its time to move on or we just going to piss and moan until you get what u want.
by Milly
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

f**k me!! Who cares about whose getting paid, how much they're getting paid or what division they're playing! ](*,) ](*,)

We all get it B4E - you dont agree with players being paid, especially in Div 6 and if they've got ability they should test themselves in higher grades... you've made your point, nothing it going to change, so can we get off this stupid roundabout discussing player payments?! :Hangman:
Settle down pal, Morrell had made 21 pages of lists about blokes playing below there grade and it's fine!
by Milly
Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramco Football and Netball Club would like to welcome our latest recruits to the club Luke Nelson, Josh Sobels and Josh Rees. They come to the club committed to making 2017 bigger and better for the Rooster.
'Together We Win'

Barry Gavranich,
A Grade Football Coach
by Milly
Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In happier days
by Milly
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Please BlackRoo lets have no sense from a PH official on here. Lets just let Morell tell everyone where you should be playing and that ML should drop down to suit his argument.
Why in the hell would ML want to drop down when they have earnt the right to play in Div6.

If Lakes or any other club wanted to swap fine, but at this stage no one wants too and i know PH would jump at the opportunity to play higher if given the chance.
by Milly
Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

goddy11 wrote:
Hazydog wrote:TRIAL GAME FULL TIME
Port Adelaide 16.9 (105) def
Sturt 7.7 (49)

I haven't seen much on this game. What were the strengths of both sides?

Port having 18 AFL Listed players playing, Sturt having 0
by Milly
Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

3 wins no losses so I'm not complaining because we lost. Gripes are with umpires turning up asking the coaches to teach them the rules (U8s). Thats not on im my mind especially since we said one of the conditions of moving over was an increased standard of umpiring. So far we are not getting it.

Are you serious, if you are I am so embarrassed for you
- your giving us your win loss ratio in under 8s
- your last post labelled the umpires deplorable, in under 8s. Under 8s...are you serious
- you have issue with the young umpires seeking out some advice prior to the game from those that should be mentoring

I hope you win the Premiership and they appoint Ray Chamberlin to your games :roll:

Seriously buddy, in week two of the season you are going to probably have a teenage kid doing his second game ever and under 8s is the perfect environment for everyone involved to develop. Take a deep breath and try and have a little understanding and analytical ability and everyone will benefit in your junior football environment.

Thanks Growler. You've missed my point completely but that's ok.

The win loss ratio was to put into context that I'm not griping for losing. Yep, we don't keep score, correct. But all the kids know whether we win or lose. The previous poster mentioned that they had lost but not had any reason to complain about the umpiring.

I'm thinking of the kids. The first quarter break is the coach explaining how the umpire is umpiring the game and how we (the kids) have to adapt. How hard do you reckon it is learning the game when the rules change every week?

The best umpire we've had, was a kid - 16 or 17 maybe. He umpired the game as per the rule book. That's all we and everyone else is asking from the SANFL. When you have a rule book that says "no stripping of the ball" and "no smothering" and yet it's allowed, what would you suggest we do? Even the kids get frustrated with it.

The umpire in question was at least 70 and had goal umpired 450 games of senior Ammo footy.

Other coaches (not from my club) have had meetings at 1/2 and 3/4 time, then approached the umpires about the way the game is being umpired.

BTW, I'm on the junior committee, so saying I have little understanding is completely off target.

If you and so many others there know the rule book, maybe they could put there hand up to umpire?
This is Under 8s isn't it?
by Milly
Wed May 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

I caught the ressies game at Argana on Saturday and it was a great contest, I really enjoyed it. Great win, Eags!
Lead changes throughout. Pulteney's brain fade by two players on the goal line in the dying seconds proved the difference .
Also, apart from occasionally stepping in to make decisions when the Elizabeth umpire had control, I thought the Pulteney umpire did a pretty good job.
Something to do with a SAAFL official being there to watch, perhaps?

Was the brain fade by the Pulteney players not grabbing the spare footy next to the post and actually letting the ump collect the ball in use and use that?
by Milly
Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Zartan, got your boots nice and clean for the hitout in a couple of weeks time. I've heard through the grapevine that you've pretty much sown up the resies medal for best player in Div 6R .
Well now, that would be a pretty incredible effort I must say :lol: :shock:

Unfortunately don't know anyone who have won the medal from playing 1 game .. ;)

Wes Legrand?
by Milly
Mon May 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Surprised the club can continue to play to be honest, seems to be something like this every couple of years yet another club losses a very valuable home game to a bit of abuse from the crowd?
by Milly
Thu May 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:So, what's behind the exodus from United to Elizabeth?

Elizabeth's position on the ladder!
by Milly
Thu May 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

jo172 wrote:Serious thought should be given to suspending clubs for a season + for repeat, serious violent offences

Totally agree, 27 weeks for striking offences agaisnt one club yet still fine to play.
by Milly
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |