Search found 127 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Hello all,
I would like to tell you that you can all put your fears to bed & the Milky Bar Kid will once again be a Doggie in 2014!!! :D
by the milky bar kid
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

old fullback wrote:Nairne will be mighty pissed i'd say

Nairne will propbly feel Heinripped off and even Harden done by. They'll just have to Tait for the rain to stop so they don't get Crooked by the weather. This game may just be in Gods-sons hands :D
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go farmers...great win over fitzroy
by Senor Moto Gadili
Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old fullback wrote:I saw The Milky Bar Kid grace the turf at Rowe park today, he has his own carpark and i'm not sure but does he bring his own ball?

Yes brings his own ball, has to coz he can't get a kick of the official match ball :P

Jokes.. Love you DB
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Ingle Farm from all reports had their best display in years after dropping Dan Bryant. 198 point win in a GF rematch :shock:

Surely this falls under the banner of taking pot shots
by the milky bar kid
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Gilly today who plays his 450th in the first game of the triple header at the Farm.
by beeroclock
Sat May 10, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im not sure why ingle farm people are still upset he said he would stay he didnt he picked a better suburb simple as that Mawson Lakes is one of the best suburbs to live in you would know if you lived here......................lets face it id rather walk home from mawson lakes then ingle farm :D

I've walked home plenty of times in Ingle Farm in the deep night without any trouble & I practically glow in the dark!
by the milky bar kid
Mon May 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old fullback wrote:Farmers got up I believe.. get PG back...

Ingle Farm winners in the A grade by 7 goals.
Rosewaters B grade winners by 4 goals
Ingle Farms C grade won by 2 goals.

Great results by the Farmers after coming up a division.
by Hughesy
Sat May 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosies up by about 9 goals to united, but today was one of the worst umpiring displays ive seen this year for both sides..
I think centrals woukd think the same

Your not wrong rosewater were way to big and strong for us, but we have had the same peanut for the last 3 games.. spoils a good afternoon trying guess what trick big trevor will pull out next.
He's not still getting around surely, big Trev is a shocker, always was and always will be, he was useless 10 years ago..
completely useless
by Mr Beefy
Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah they should , united have too many injuries

Who is injured Kenny or Slug?

Butch has done his groin in on 'Plenty of fish'

Carey.....
Any truth to the rumour that you have retired from playing sat. After getting less touches than eddie betts on the weekend playing div 6 res
Maybe you might like to apply to be our new time keeper next year.....

They say you know when you time is up. It's over....[/quote]

My time will be much better spent in this.....
by carey
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be a big day down at Ingle Farm this weekend. Triple Header v Rosewater, past players day and premiership renunion for the '84, '89 and '94 premiership sides.

Shane Arnold in the C grade also plays his 200th game for the club, after coming through the junior ranks and being involved at the club for a long time.

The A grade have specially made jumpers to commemorate the premiership sides and the occasion - Green and White vertical striped jumper which will list the 3 premiership sides in each of the stripes. Must say it looks very good, the jumpers will be auctioned off later in the evening after presentation - with 3x premiership sides + current A grade side + plenty of past players, these jumpers will be in hot demand I imagine!

Ingle Farm and Rosewater also compete for the Doggy Cup, Ingle Farm will be VERY keen to try and retain the cup after it being in the safe hands of Rosewater for a very long time! :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finals Round 2:

Ingle Farm Football Club,Rowe Park
10:15 C4 Ingle Farm V Trinity OS
12:15 D6R Rosewater v Lockleys
14:15 D6 Ingle Farm v Rosewater

Blackfriars Football Club, St Dominic's Oval
12:15 D6R Ingle Farm v West Croydon
14:15 Blackfriars OS v West Croydon

Wouldn't they have all the Ingle Farm games at the one venue?

So we have to host a triple header to suit Rosewaters B grade and have people at an away B grade game. I look forward to the volunteers SAAFL will be sending us to help organise this :roll:
Our C grade at 12.15, A grade at 2.15 and Rosewaters B grade can play anywhere else they like.
by old farmer
Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have no problem with our B's being away. West Croydon have earnt that right. Our problem is with having to run a triple header at home and a B grade game away. This is a volunteer problem and nothing to do with who won what and who finished where. And Arch I am not having a winge, but as football director unfortunately it is my job to get everything in place for our 3 teams on the weekend. Hopefully the powers that be are a bit more understanding than the people on here.
And as you are all pointing out about WC having the right to have their B grade and A grade together, Rosewater don't have that right as I believe we finished 3rd and they were 4th.
by old farmer
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

OMG.
Could it be straight sets for GG coming up again?
by beeroclock
Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

A lot of talk about Brahma Lodge, but from an outsiders view what impact and how much say does the coach have?

Just going off what I've read over the past couple of years he sounds like a coach who goes from club to club chasing cheap flags at any cost and moves on if he thinks the premiership window is closed or better elsewhere?

Also that he is coaching his 3rd club in the same division in as many years makes me wonder as well - why not try and coach higher? Why only 6? :shock:
by no_remorse28
Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there really was only 1 who played c grade all year that was A grade quality and that was Clegg. O'Gorman played c's as it was his first attempts at playing after serious knee surgery. Reid is a near on 50yo who, once injured, decided to play the last qtr of the yr with his fellow 50yo mates because they all prob will retire. And nisbet played C's because McCammon was the A grade ruckman and Santos was the B grade ruckman.

Clegg wanted to play with his best mate Nisbet. We'd much rather them play together in the C's rather than leaving altogether.

any other stupid questions?

What a load of bullshit. The whole world knows your side was STACKED in the last 6 weeks or so....
by X Runna
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Big difference between lodge and kilburn... Kilburn picked the hard road and Lodge took the easy way...
by woodublieve12
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

when the SAAFL is the next biggest league after the SANFL of course it would represent the state.....country league would be dead with out players going from saafl to fill up the gaps or the leagues would be piss poor with hicks playing in them

There is far more country players plugging gaps in SAAFL than there is amateur league players in the country
by daysofourlives
Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

I think you will find SInka's is heavily committed to work during the TDU.

Anyway good to see a weakened HCA still take out the shield, has to be close to the best Country comp in the state.

Most Association teams are rarely near Full strength at the best of times let alone when its played on KI.
It is what it is and Hills generally perform better than the other associations so well done.
Close to the best Country Comp in the state? Maybe? Who Knows, pretty hard to compare i guess ?
Hills may have some good players in their league like most Comps BUT nothing beats playing in an Association that has some decent turf pitches to play on instead of that matting crap which is all the Hills have. ;)
by jackpot jim
Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

looking at the 2013 div 7 season we can remember smithfield were expelled from round 16 onwards for their antics in round 15 at Flinders Park

and the last time they actually ever lost a game was round 12, 2013 to angle vale (who were the eventual runner up in GF)

ingle farm (eventual premier) defeated smithfield in round 8 also, in what was a lovely controversial night game out at smithfield oval

before being expelled from the comp, it seemed smithies were well on their way as a contender for the div 7 flag and would lock horns with the farmers once again come finals time with the notion of half of adelaide's police force likely in attendance

instead their season was cut short, and the farmers went on to win the div 7 flag, moving up to div 6 last season

smithfield would be granted re-affiliation to div 7 the following year & smashed every team in sight in 2014 being way too good in an undefeated div 7 premiership

but now this week in 2015 the two meet shall again... :)
Get a life.
by Computer Crashed
Sun May 31, 2015 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simply super insightful stuff from someone who is capable of reading a forum and trying to stir trouble for two clubs that are both looking to move on and put the incident.

I have the upmost faith that this game will be played in the right spirit and both clubs will be focused on showing their club in the right light with no incidents.

Both clubs have done a lot of work to ensure that everything runs smoothly and I guarantee that nothing will happen because a troll from Henley with nothing better to do with his time wants to try and start some trouble that both parties are moving on from.
by the milky bar kid
Sun May 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fitzroy have Smithfield and BYE to come, Ingle Farm have West Croydon and Smithfield to come.. It would take a couple of massive upsets for Trinity to lose 4th, but who knows this year.. Lets face it, the top 2 are well clear of the pack, although West Croydon seem to be peaking at the right time of the year, and the rest appear to be making up the numbers..

Trinity will play finals, would take a minor miracle for them not too.
We're all in trouble, if we are digging up old prediction posts! *Although I'm sure Zartan is going thru some old posts to bring up some predictions from round 8 ;)

Was good for our lads to have a win on Saturday & keep any slight hope of a finals birth alive.
More importantly it was a great day to get up for the club, with many past champions looking on & supporting. A great reward for the committee especially Bill for putting so much work into organizing the day.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't mind a crack at some clubs occasionally.. this weeks turn is Ingle Farm..

WORST SHOWERS IN HISTORY!!! FFS useless mugs spend money on reno's, a kitchen, a car park and you cant even get decent showers!? :evil:

Ruined my Saturday

Shut your whining Zarton or i'll post the infamous shower photo of you.....

I will however apologize to all teams that have traveled to Ingle Farm since mid April. The Salisbury Council should be ashamed of their efforts to renovate the showers in our change-rooms.
Why would you do this in the middle of footy season and not Cricket without any notice and why it would take this long and it's still not finished is beyond comprehension. Numerous phone calls and complaints have done nothing, so all i can do is apologize again and hope they finish tiling by next April. :-??
by old farmer
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, I must apologize to The Riddler, he came to me at 3/4 time & asked me to kiss his name on the special premiership jumper. :lol:

Sadly I got caught up in the moment and forgot. Which is probably lucky as it would've been a tasty cocktail of mud & claret.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

old fullback wrote:So where would OUT IN THE STICKS be exactely footytrip?

Im guessing anywhere but the South Coast he means?

Just because the other towns dont have a Maccas or KFC doesnt mean they're out in the sticks? :roll:

Tho to some people it must?
by jackpot jim
Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

He didn't have any trouble hearing the plea from your captain in a one on one at 3/4 time. They had a great chat. ;)[/quote]

Might have looked like that to you, however the ump called him over and said to tell our boundary ump that if he couldn't keep up with the game he would award a free kick and 50m penalty to Mitchell Park. Standard for the day.
And the out of bounds missed was the goal umpires fault, not the boundaries. Go figure. :-?

Anyway, that should not take away from what was a great game of footy that could have gone either way till late in the last 1/4. MP look really good when they get their runners free and move the ball quickly. I always thought div 6 would be a tight comp this year and so far has been just that. Good to see the GJ RD curse lives on.
by old farmer
Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

McLaren cant take a trick and look destined for the spoon.
Leading by 33 points early in the last quarter and looking all over a winner, the Creeks burst to life slamming on 6 - 2 to Nil from that point on to grab a 5 point win in the last minute of the game.

Willunga and Bays having a DRAW has enabled Strath to leap frog into 2nd spot

Goolwa easily over Victor?

GSFL really is full of surprises week in week out.
by jackpot jim
Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Congrats to Darren Murphy on 250 games for Ingle Farm tomorrow...

10years after playing game 249 :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Bugger me.
IF we're quite smart with the ball today.
B grade looked smarter with the pill as well, final score doesn't say so but it blew out.
Well done all.
by Computer Crashed
Sat May 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't get in the best players Q ?? even after kicking 6 goals.. a bit stiff I reckon from what I saw..
Q was solid all day.. until he thought he was Malcolm Blight in the last quarter, and uncorked the genie from 50 only for the ball to travel an astounding 20m to an Ingle Farm player who was just relaxing and having a break :lol:
by The Bedge
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Houghton - Tyson Roling cant kick to save his life.[/b]

Not saying it made a difference, not saying it didn't.. but fact remains Houghton led 2.0 to 0.0 and the next 2 simple shots on goal missed, letting a chance slip to take a healthy lead into the 1st break.. then missed a set shot early in the 2nd quarter, which made Q realise you were no good and he had to start dropping barrells from down town to kick goals :lol:

Prop cost the team the game with those misses. :P ;)

*Edit* - just realised that you guys kicked 11. 3 for the day :D

Ummm....scores were IF 2-6 to HD 2-2 at quarter time 8 scoring shots to 4....don't know about 'chance to take a healthy lead into quarter time'...and IF had 9-14 at one stage and from there kicked 18-6. If it wasn't for the efforts of Q the result would have been much worse. He was clearly the best for HD and despite his attempted barrel he played a very good game
by Inallseriousness
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So people, at the midway point, thoughts on the division 6 awards for the following (based on experiences only e.g. can't vote for a ground etc you haven't played at):

Best Ground: Ingle Farm (yes biased)

Worst Ground: Pulteney - just had a strange feel to it for me, maybe it was the open space of the parklands that contributed to it, or the pop up
coaches area?

Best Away Change Rooms: Brahma Lodge - good size, nice and open, has whiteboards to use.

Worst Away Change Rooms: Trinity OS - 15km cross country trek from the ground in a girls school changerooms, very congested, just shit allround. So bad my guys chose to get dressed on the ground instead :lol:
Honourable mention to Elizabeth - very small rooms and a blackboard not whiteboard - carn guys black boards are so 1990's!

Best Reserves Umpire: Trinity OS - lad we had was superb!

Best supporter following: West Croydon - geez they turn out in great numbers!

Worst supporter group: Salisbury West - very unpleasant bunch.

Most respected opponent: Elizabeth - loved the way their players went about it, weren't cocky or full of themselves, ease to get along with and play hard/fair.
Honourable mention: Houghton - never give up, never sink to poorer level, out matched but blokes who present themselves full of class.

Best Player D6 seen/played: Dalton Tucker. End of story.

Best Player D6R seen/played: Austin Bailey (Eliz), Fraser Porteous (Pul)

Best BBQ: Brahma Lodge - Fat boy special!

Worst BBQ: Pulteney - sorry just no good.. private school old scholars club, surely you can do better than the very cheap and average snags on offer!
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

1. Angle Vale
2. Sacred Heart OC
3. Ingle Farm

Is now

1. Angle Vale
2. St Paul's OS
3. Sacred Heart OC
No fair!! I wanna be top 3! How can I go about earning back our spot?

I'm sure we will make another appearance Zarton. I want to hear more about why SPOS have jumped to second. do tell.........
by old farmer
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:Wasn't that hard to work out was it ?

Not as hard as only posting once :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Half Back Flanker wrote:North Pines seriously struggling..........great getting a forfeit at 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon
I've said it before & I'll say it again......SHIT CLUB
by X Runna
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Mawson Lakes will struggle to survive maybe merge with greenacres

They'll struggle to survive period.

Maybe a merger with SPOS :lol:

A merger with Para Hills would make greater sense though - would be a good fit for both clubs if they could work it out.
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So does constantly threatening to kill a player from an opposition player warrant any sanction? I know this took place at a game on the weekend and was brought to the umpires attention to which they told the player who was the victim to go away and just play football. These were league umpires.
Maybe the player/captain could've approached the umpires during one of the breaks to bring to their attention.

In other news, will the Blues 'B' grade kick 40 goals this weekend?

The answer is absolutely not. Houghton @ Houghton is going to be bloody tough. They have won more games than they have lost and will be aiming to keep their spot in the 5 with a win this weekend. The blues aren't the side they have been in past years and will do very well to come away with the points this weekend.

The real news is how much impact will all the new recruits have to their respective clubs this weekend. Brahma Lodge and Salisbury West are coming for sure will the new players disrupt what the clubs have been building or are the new players simply cream on the cake?
I'll be leaving the sprinklers on all Friday night
by Q.
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:They can come join us, think we average about 2 points a game, im sure a large coke and a packet of chips will get some players to our club?

Coke and chips?

Coke.JPG
chips.jpg
by The Bedge
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Zartan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:That couldn't of happened....Surely there would be more to it than that?

I've heard there is footage of it lol

Heard the same. They dead set think the game is about them and it's getting worse.
by carey
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not that a kid should have been upset but tend to agree there should be a minimal age for goal umpiring in a grade footy

The 15 year old in question has applied to join Adelaide Footy League as a goal umpire. We had another 15 year old that helped out in the C Grade join the league as a goal umpire earlier this year and has been umpiring senior men's and women's men's games. So if they can join the leagues umpiring ranks at 15 then I have no problem using them. FWIW, he normally shares the boundary duties in the A Grade with the lad that done it yesterday and we have an adult goal umpire as a regular. He was away this weekend. And it's not like we don't see dispute over goal decisions on a weekly basis with older goal umpires. And with some goal umpires that other clubs have, I have no problem with our boys and he done a great job yesterday. He will probably need to get a bit thicker skinned if He wants to go down the umpiring path.
by old farmer
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll be a bit against the grain here ... unlike me I know.

I reckon 15 is old enough to be a goal umpire. Whilst I would never condone abuse and I feel for him, it's a great life lesson that he's learnt and will hold him in good stead in the future.

My advise would be - back him in, pony up and put him there again.

Like falling off a bike, for a terrible analogy.
by morell
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Supporter of the Tossers since inception and have been able to get more involved over last few years. Club is definitely up to something currently and in the future, with the Pavilion definitely helping build comradery in an already close-knit playing group and volunteers alike.

Build some ******* changerooms would ya
by Q.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prediction is surely an 8 game ban similar to Ingle Farm forward for behind the ball king hit in round 12.

Clubs in glass houses ;) ;)
Give him 8 games then.. takes his tally to 16 this season alone. Hardly glass houses, this bloke is clearly a repeat offender who refuses to learn a lesson.

Also all I did was explain what happened - not sure how that has anything to do with anything else lol.
by The Bedge
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His demeanour was poor all day, attempted intimidation of the small Ingle Farm midfielders at every opportunity - I don't recall many stoppages in the first half where he didn't wander over to the stoppage and push or shake one of the smaller mids for no reason before the ball up.

However the incident in question was when he maliciously and very intentionally head butted the Ingle Farm defender a long way off the ball - smashing his nose. Have heard tonight the comment to the umpire when alerted to it was "it's not a head butt, just pushed him away with my head". Broken nose, concussion and very limited input into the remainder of the game when actually on.

Pretty average, but possibly not surprising action from a bloke whose just come off an 8 game suspension for a king hit off the ball.

Should get no less than 10, and won't ever play football again. Don't think Westies are losing anything from it though, his ruck work and general football ability was putrid - he isn't fit to clean the boots of an A grader, let alone be one.

Now, back to my quiet corner! :D

Prediction is surely an 8 game ban similar to Ingle Farm forward for behind the ball king hit in round 12.

Clubs in glass houses ;) ;)

Big call from the U.S! Similar to a 'king hit' from a 17yr old and the bloke who got hit didn't even come off the ground with the blood rule, compared to a bloke 6ft 8 in delivering a massive head butt giving concussion a broken nose and no further part in the game! I do agree neither have any part in our game! We take responsibility for Round 12, will SW take responsibility for today? We will be filing a report.......wait and see!
by Inallseriousness
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Banning the whole club from finals for an Incident involving 1 idiot is just outrageous lol pull your head in mate

15 years of incidents from multiple idiots.

Well just on this guy...8 weeks for striking in Round 3. Yesterday, does another very very poor act, comes off with blood rule and then gets put back on the field and continues to play like an idiot. So......

As a club and particularly a coach we all know it is difficult to control the actions of every individual however, here you have a repeat offender and in a way they have condoned this behaviour by putting him back on the field. They had a choice to make a stand that culturally they are changing and actions like that won't be tolerated.

If they are working towards improving, they now have an opportunity to take a stand against one 'idiot' and take action themselves, if they don't there are serious problems there. Again, actions taken by clubs against their own idiots sends a very strong message to the league that they do not condone the behaviour and will rid the club of theses people to send a message to all players that the whole club's image will not be tarnished by one or two individuals.

Given the way it was handled yesterday I don't expect anything proactive.
by Inallseriousness
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Banning the whole club from finals for an Incident involving 1 idiot is just outrageous lol pull your head in mate

15 years of incidents from multiple idiots.

Well just on this guy...8 weeks for striking in Round 3. Yesterday, does another very very poor act, comes off with blood rule and then gets put back on the field and continues to play like an idiot. So......

As a club and particularly a coach we all know it is difficult to control the actions of every individual however, here you have a repeat offender and in a way they have condoned this behaviour by putting him back on the field. They had a choice to make a stand that culturally they are changing and actions like that won't be tolerated.

If they are working towards improving, they now have an opportunity to take a stand against one 'idiot' and take action themselves, if they don't there are serious problems there. Again, actions taken by clubs against their own idiots sends a very strong message to the league that they do not condone the behaviour and will rid the club of theses people to send a message to all players that the whole club's image will not be tarnished by one or two individuals.

Given the way it was handled yesterday I don't expect anything proactive.
by Inallseriousness
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well just on this guy...8 weeks for striking in Round 3. Yesterday, does another very very poor act, comes off with blood rule and then g ets put back on the field and continues to play like an idiot. So......

As a club and particularly a coach we all know it is difficult to control the actions of every individual however, here you have a repeat offender and in a way they have condoned this behaviour by putting him back on the field . If this is accurate then it shows a willful cultural issue and is why club sanctions are an apt and important stick for the league to use.

Not to gloat as we still battle with discipline and it's only an anecdote but as Mitchell Parks B grade coach last year, we had a couple of guys that always made me nervous. I would suspect we all would. One day one of them (and one of our better players too) was ... "on heat" so to speak. He tried to do something that had he been coordinated enough could have really hurt the guy. None of the on-field players or umpires saw it but myself and a few watching A graders did.

Dragged him instantly. Told him to sit on the pine for the rest of the game and in no way was he going back on. Very publicly dressed him down and then internally banned him for two weeks. It was a sobering lesson for him as he figured since he didn't connect and the ump didn't see it that there was nothing to really answer for. He was a saint for the rest of the year.

It was less about him as much as it was about exhibiting to all players, both the watching As and his team mates, that violence of any kind is absolutely not to be tolerated at our club. You have to get in front of this stuff as a club and be proactive.

Salisbury West reps might have a different side to the story but if what has been said is accurate and they returned a player to the field after breaking a nose behind the play with a headbutt - that exhibits entrenched cultural issues within that club and is as alarming, if not more, than the incident itself.

Seems like an 8 week ban makes the post 'extremely accurate'
by Inallseriousness
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.
by ramming23
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anthony Spence will be the first player Trinity will try to stop as the forward/midfielder is in career best form having kicked 19 goals and getting in the best players 11 times over his 16 games this year.
Good kid, and another proud graduate of the Zartan football factory - churning out A graders since 2013 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any odds on offer for the Farmers to not kick 6 goals?
Match Goals
Under 5.5 - 51.00
Over 5.5 - 1.001

First Quarter Goals
Over 5.5 - 2.15
Under 5.5 - 1.95

Points Total (Ingle Farm)
Over 79.5 - 1.93
Under 79.5 - 1.93

Most Goals
Matt Perry (TOS) 4.00
Grae Grant (IF) 4.50
Brad Sanderson (IF) 5.50
Ryan Clarke (TOS) 6.00
Travis Eves (TOS) 9.50
Luke Smith (IF) 10.00
Anthony Spence (IF) 20.00
Any Other 11.50

https://media.giphy.com/media/VTxmwaCEwSlZm/200.gif
by zedman
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |